Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,654 members, 7,809,477 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:14 AM

Rohr: "Nigerian Players Lie About Their Age, That's Why I Hardly Invite Them" - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Rohr: "Nigerian Players Lie About Their Age, That's Why I Hardly Invite Them" (31214 Views)

Tammy Abraham: Dosu Joseph Tell Gernot Rohr Nigerian Who Can Replace Chelsea’s F / Why I Will Not Marry Nigerian Woman – Super Eagles’ Coach, Gernot Rohr / Jamie Vardy: Nigerian Players Keep Talking In Pidgin English, I Want To Learn It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rohr: "Nigerian Players Lie About Their Age, That's Why I Hardly Invite Them" by FavoredGuy: 11:07pm On Apr 14, 2017
The man is simply being sentimental on this. So old Yakubu being 33-yr-old is true just because he is playing in oyibo land. That means nobody tells lies in Oyibo man country? Is that what you mean Mr Rod or Rohr?

1 Like

Re: Rohr: "Nigerian Players Lie About Their Age, That's Why I Hardly Invite Them" by Unclerukus: 11:25pm On Apr 14, 2017
SirJeffry:
And so? So oyibo no dey lie too Why not tell Ronaldo or Messi to show us their birth certs. Nonsense angry
You think those countries are like Nigeria? They have databases of almost everything, from births to deaths. You can't falsify there, government gave al records.

1 Like

Re: Rohr: "Nigerian Players Lie About Their Age, That's Why I Hardly Invite Them" by TosineGuy(m): 12:17am On Apr 15, 2017
ceejay4real:

Sharap there! Age is not all about size. Maybe you ain't eating well or don't have big bones naturally. But come ooh, how on earth can you compare Ibrahimovic to Lukaku in terms of age? You no dey look face? Na wa 4 u ooh!
i like phillip lahm. He is old but stil looks very young. Can't u see lukaku's beards. Lukaku even looks older than mikel obi
Re: Rohr: "Nigerian Players Lie About Their Age, That's Why I Hardly Invite Them" by maverick001: 12:22am On Apr 15, 2017
well in Europe and North America...... there have all the records of births and deaths.......anyone born there cannot falsify his age easily........Buh even if Nigerian players lie about ages now........I don't believe there remove more than 3 years from it....... people calling ndidi 35 is jst outrageous, highest the guy Na 23 or even the 20 he claims to be
Re: Rohr: "Nigerian Players Lie About Their Age, That's Why I Hardly Invite Them" by maestroz: 12:33am On Apr 15, 2017
Why has this oyinbo suddenly chosen to "roar". Like say e no no say I sabi say no b real age him use. If e vex me pass this one. I go whistle blow him age to NFF after all whistle blowing sure pass " MMM"...
Re: Rohr: "Nigerian Players Lie About Their Age, That's Why I Hardly Invite Them" by kannymoore(m): 12:50am On Apr 15, 2017
TosineGuy:
i remember dat the day when Taye Taiwo celebrated his 27th birthday, his twin Kehinde Taiwo celebrated 40th birthday. I was scared. Nigerian footballers lie alot

Pls... desist from making foolish and outlandish claims all cos you want to have a thousand "likes" to give you that flush of dopamine..

You ought to be wiser than this..abeg!

1 Like

Re: Rohr: "Nigerian Players Lie About Their Age, That's Why I Hardly Invite Them" by Gangster1ms: 1:24am On Apr 15, 2017
All these ones talking about diego costa don't know football at all.. first of all diego costa is 28yrs and he is not Brazilian. He is Spanish!
Re: Rohr: "Nigerian Players Lie About Their Age, That's Why I Hardly Invite Them" by chris31(m): 1:38am On Apr 15, 2017
SirJeffry:
And so? So oyibo no dey lie too Why not tell Ronaldo or Messi to show us their birth certs. Nonsense angry
Bri dont go there those guys age are documented immediately dey were born i remember Jack Wheelchair he was sign by Asernal when he was in high school only 15 yrs of age also Enzo Perez d son of Ziziou who is now 18 yrs now i followed them no cheats at all

1 Like

Re: Rohr: "Nigerian Players Lie About Their Age, That's Why I Hardly Invite Them" by chris31(m): 1:50am On Apr 15, 2017
Have you ever wonder why Nigeria perform wonders in age grade football & later fade out some yrs later
Where are d squad of U20 2005? remember Messi, Fabrigas, Silva etc are still playing at d highest level
Where are d squad of U17 2007 remember Toni Kross, Hazard are still playing at d highest level
Where are the squad of U17 2009 remember Neymar, Morata, Gotze are still playing at d highest level
Our football administrators dont have any long time success plan & are gradually killing our football the only thing that unite Nigeria.
Re: Rohr: "Nigerian Players Lie About Their Age, That's Why I Hardly Invite Them" by AreaFada2: 2:26am On Apr 15, 2017
LaExpert:

Delayed twin birth? 13years? Kehinde came 13years earlier than Taye?

That one na another level oo.

Just read his story and get your facts right.

By the way, I agree with the bold.
You should also try not to help spread false news, it doesn't help us.

Which one be false news again? The twin story?

You mean there are some supersonic level dimwits out there that won't see the joke in it?
Has biology education got so bad these days? Or you mean something else? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Rohr: "Nigerian Players Lie About Their Age, That's Why I Hardly Invite Them" by hollowway44: 2:29am On Apr 15, 2017
Why are they relating it to footballers alone?
Every average Nigerian reduces their age.
Mostly female.
I don't know what they tend to achieve.
Re: Rohr: "Nigerian Players Lie About Their Age, That's Why I Hardly Invite Them" by Hydrolysis(m): 2:32am On Apr 15, 2017
is there still something like super eagle

1 Like

Re: Rohr: "Nigerian Players Lie About Their Age, That's Why I Hardly Invite Them" by SmartyPants(m): 2:38am On Apr 15, 2017
you dont want to invitee nigerian playeers because they lie about their real ages? okay na go and invite camerounians.

undecided

1 Like

Re: Rohr: "Nigerian Players Lie About Their Age, That's Why I Hardly Invite Them" by invectives(m): 2:46am On Apr 15, 2017
Ezekiel Bassey in Barca b team is Rumoured to be 30-31yrs against 18-19yrs football age..graduated from uni uyo couple of years back heheheh...

1 Like

Re: Rohr: "Nigerian Players Lie About Their Age, That's Why I Hardly Invite Them" by Realhommie(m): 4:21am On Apr 15, 2017
GreyLaw:

You are correct, but I want to correct an impression: True, Diego Costa isn't white, but that's not because he's Brazillian; It's because he's a native South American, I guess. My point is, there are actually whites in Brazil, I mean real Caucasians indigenous to Brazil, and they are not to be mixed with the native South Americans (Latinos).

Dunga Carlos, Claudio Taffarel, Edu, Kaka are all Whites with Mediterranean looks.
True that...

1 Like

Re: Rohr: "Nigerian Players Lie About Their Age, That's Why I Hardly Invite Them" by Realhommie(m): 4:34am On Apr 15, 2017
Gangster1ms:
All these ones talking about diego costa don't know football at all.. first of all diego costa is 28yrs and he is not Brazilian. He is Spanish!
You're wrong, Diego Costa is originally from Brazil but left for Spain at 15 years of age or thereabout.. He is a naturalized Spaniard hence he opted to represent Spain at international level.

Actually, you're the one who doesn't know football at all. Now how does that sound grin

2 Likes

Re: Rohr: "Nigerian Players Lie About Their Age, That's Why I Hardly Invite Them" by Realhommie(m): 4:49am On Apr 15, 2017
maverick001:
well in Europe and North America...... there have all the records of births and deaths.......anyone born there cannot falsify his age easily........Buh even if Nigerian players lie about ages now........I don't believe there remove more than 3 years from it....... people calling ndidi 35 is jst outrageous, highest the guy Na 23 or even the 20 he claims to be
Ndidi cannot be 20, he's most likely 25/26 years old..

Nigerian players could take off as much as 10 years from their age, they're a funny lot, lol... In 2009, the guy who was the initial captain of the golden eaglets team then playing to qualify for the CAF under 17 championship was about 28/29 years old, he later didn't make the final cut for the world cup that year owing to an injury he had, though we didn't qualify for the African championship but we did the world cup as host. This no be story, na person wey i know reach house.

Age falsification is very common in Africa, there're also some cases in Asia and South America but not Europe and North America like you rightly pointed.
Re: Rohr: "Nigerian Players Lie About Their Age, That's Why I Hardly Invite Them" by Cutie09(m): 5:23am On Apr 15, 2017
Goodnuel:
Whites do too, how i go senior Costa angry angry

White really Costa is Hispanic not white westerners like European are seen as white south American arent seen as white
Re: Rohr: "Nigerian Players Lie About Their Age, That's Why I Hardly Invite Them" by Cutie09(m): 5:24am On Apr 15, 2017
Jh0wsef:
DEAR NAIRALANDERS,

It's my birthday today

Show some love? smiley

Happy birthday kfc voucher coming your way in Jesus name more grease grace to your elbow
Re: Rohr: "Nigerian Players Lie About Their Age, That's Why I Hardly Invite Them" by smoooty11: 5:25am On Apr 15, 2017
Guy abeg forget wetin them write for motor and enter motor jor. We are talking about raw talent and scoring goals in the most intricate and dificult situations age is just a number.

1 Like

Re: Rohr: "Nigerian Players Lie About Their Age, That's Why I Hardly Invite Them" by Mrjo(m): 6:45am On Apr 15, 2017
TosineGuy:

i dey suspect lukaku. How can me and him be age mates, wen i look young at 23 oh. He is very huge. Infact Ibrahimovic looks younger than him
guy na training, didnt see him when he came to chelse newly?
Re: Rohr: "Nigerian Players Lie About Their Age, That's Why I Hardly Invite Them" by AlanTuringAI: 6:58am On Apr 15, 2017
TosineGuy:

i like phillip lahm. He is old but stil looks very young. Can't u see lukaku's beards. Lukaku even looks older than mikel obi
So you think it's all about looks. Don't you know some people age badly. In other words, they grow older quickly compared with their peers. Didn't you observe how truly young Lukaku looked when he first came to Chelsea with dreads? I know if someone like Lahm you talked about had lied about his age, a person like you who judges by looks only would have believed him, isn't it?
Re: Rohr: "Nigerian Players Lie About Their Age, That's Why I Hardly Invite Them" by mywells: 7:04am On Apr 15, 2017
it's called passport age,your real age is between you and God.

1 Like

Re: Rohr: "Nigerian Players Lie About Their Age, That's Why I Hardly Invite Them" by Nobody: 7:11am On Apr 15, 2017
buhari has admitted that his citizens are criminals so what do you expect?
Re: Rohr: "Nigerian Players Lie About Their Age, That's Why I Hardly Invite Them" by LANDLORD72: 7:27am On Apr 15, 2017
Super eagle get age limit?
Re: Rohr: "Nigerian Players Lie About Their Age, That's Why I Hardly Invite Them" by Gangster1ms: 7:52am On Apr 15, 2017
Realhommie:
You're wrong, Diego Costa is originally from Brazil but left for Spain at 15 years of age or thereabout.. He is a naturalized Spaniard hence he opted to represent Spain at international level.

Actually, you're the one who doesn't know football at all. Now how does that sound grin
As long he plays for spain and has never played for brazil nothing concerns him with brazil in the football world. . So he is Spanish.
Re: Rohr: "Nigerian Players Lie About Their Age, That's Why I Hardly Invite Them" by Goodnuel: 8:30am On Apr 15, 2017
Cutie09:

White really Costa is Hispanic not white westerners like European are seen as white south American arent seen as white
That's not exactly my point, my point is that lying about age isn't a major issue so long you can perform.. Btw, Costa is spainsh too..
Re: Rohr: "Nigerian Players Lie About Their Age, That's Why I Hardly Invite Them" by Welcomme: 8:30am On Apr 15, 2017
Gangster1ms:

As long he plays for spain and has never played for brazil nothing concerns him with brazil in the football world. . So he is Spanish.
Check it records, Costa had played for Brazil b4. He played two friendlies for Brazil b4 changing to Spain. Just like Zaha.

1 Like

Re: Rohr: "Nigerian Players Lie About Their Age, That's Why I Hardly Invite Them" by Goodnuel: 8:33am On Apr 15, 2017
harriet412:

Hahahaha, oga u don old nagringrin
Loll
Re: Rohr: "Nigerian Players Lie About Their Age, That's Why I Hardly Invite Them" by Goodnuel: 8:34am On Apr 15, 2017
Emperormartin:

Brazilians lie pass Nigerians!!!Check history...
Abi??

1 Like

Re: Rohr: "Nigerian Players Lie About Their Age, That's Why I Hardly Invite Them" by Goodnuel: 8:38am On Apr 15, 2017
Realhommie:
Lol... But Costa isn't white, he's Brazilian and many Brazilian players also lie about their ages, especially those ones from poverty stricken regions in Brazil. In other words some South Americans do lie about their age but not Europeans..
Really?? Europeans don't??

So Zlatan is really 34??

Terry is 36??

Lampard is 38??

Defoe is 34

Tell me more...

Btw, Costa is spanish too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Clement Lenglet In Tears After Foul Caused Late Penalty In Draw (Photo, Video) / Juventus Plan To Erect Cristiano Ronaldo Statues So Fans Can Take Selfies / Sha’Carri Richardson Tests Positive For Marijuana, To Miss Olympics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.