Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,396 members, 7,819,411 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:54 PM

Rohr: "Nigerian Players Lie About Their Age, That's Why I Hardly Invite Them" - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Rohr: "Nigerian Players Lie About Their Age, That's Why I Hardly Invite Them" (31236 Views)

Tammy Abraham: Dosu Joseph Tell Gernot Rohr Nigerian Who Can Replace Chelsea’s F / Why I Will Not Marry Nigerian Woman – Super Eagles’ Coach, Gernot Rohr / Jamie Vardy: Nigerian Players Keep Talking In Pidgin English, I Want To Learn It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rohr: "Nigerian Players Lie About Their Age, That's Why I Hardly Invite Them" by sneak3(m): 8:40am On Apr 15, 2017
Kobicove:
It's not only football players that lie about their age in this country...even the age of the number one citizen is doubtful undecided
Call to order for saying the obvious?? That's the problem. We will never make a head way as a nation when we detest truth so fervently.
Re: Rohr: "Nigerian Players Lie About Their Age, That's Why I Hardly Invite Them" by Realhommie(m): 9:00am On Apr 15, 2017
Goodnuel:
Really?? Europeans don't??

So Zlatan is really 34??

Terry is 36??

Lampard is 38??

Defoe is 34

Tell me more...

Btw, Costa is spanish too.
Costa is originally from brazil, he even spent his formative years in the country of his birth. He was already a teenager b4 he travelled to Spain.

As for those peeps you're asking me, do you really think everyone has our mentality?? Theirs is an organized system where there's record for everything. These players you mentioned started out very early in various academies and there are proofs. As early as 8, 9, 11, even 13 maybe, or you think they just wake up to become the stars that they are today? Majority of them have been groomed from their tender ages.

European clubs have age grade teams that are involved in age grade competitions, that's how they develop and progress to the senior team eventually.. For some players their development is speedy while others take some more time. Reason why they can play for so long and still perform at top level when some of their African and South American contemporaries are almost nowhere to be found.

2 Likes

Re: Rohr: "Nigerian Players Lie About Their Age, That's Why I Hardly Invite Them" by Greyman11(m): 9:26am On Apr 15, 2017
Goodnuel:
Whites do too, how i go senior Costa angry angry
Am just laughing at how u think u just made a point, is Costa an European Born? Moreover that is for brazil to deal with, u guys should misquote this man,he said that the major thing is for dem to play well and be at their best,make dem win CHAN first or atleast perform well there.. And just like d coach rightly said,we have a winning team presently
Re: Rohr: "Nigerian Players Lie About Their Age, That's Why I Hardly Invite Them" by Goodnuel: 9:31am On Apr 15, 2017
Realhommie:
Costa is originally from brazil, he even spent his formative years in the country of his birth. He was already a teenager b4 he travelled to Spain.

As for those peeps you're asking me, do you really think everyone has our mentality?? Theirs is an organized system where there's record for everything. These players you mentioned started out very early in various academies and there are proofs. As early as 8, 9, 11, even 13 maybe, or you think they just wake up to become the stars that they are today? Majority of them have been groomed from their tender ages.

European clubs have age grade teams that are involved in age grade competitions, that's how they develop and progress to the senior team eventually.. For some players their development is speedy while others take some more time. Reason why they can play for so long and still perform at top level when some of their African and South American contemporaries are almost nowhere to be found.
I know all u are saying bro, but he left for Spain early, so he could have joined the grade school.

You really believe Europeans don't lie about their age??
Re: Rohr: "Nigerian Players Lie About Their Age, That's Why I Hardly Invite Them" by Tunbolity(m): 9:39am On Apr 15, 2017
Goodnuel:
Not all whites lie about their age,most European countries like Russia,Germany,Ukraine, and other western Europe countries don't cheat on age because once a child is born,the child is documented hence,he cannot turn back when he grows to change his date of birth because his records are already in government database. Osaze Odemwingie is hindered from cheating on his age because he was born in Uzbekistan, Eastern Europe and his data is well documented with the government of that country hence,any attempt to reduce his age would spell doom for his then fledgling career with aspiration for international performance. Age cheat is rampant in Latin America and Africa due to lack of proper and effective birth records.
Re: Rohr: "Nigerian Players Lie About Their Age, That's Why I Hardly Invite Them" by Tunbolity(m): 9:42am On Apr 15, 2017
Realhommie:

You are on point bro. The system in Europe works and does not give room for cheating.....
Not all whites lie about their age,most European countries like Russia,Germany,Ukraine, and other western Europe countries don't cheat on age because once a child is born,the child is documented hence,he cannot turn back when he grows to change his date of birth because his records are already in government database. Osaze Odemwingie is hindered from cheating on his age because he was born in Uzbekistan, Eastern Europe and his data is well documented with the government of that country hence,any attempt to reduce his age would spell doom for his then fledgling career with aspiration for international performance. Age cheat is rampant in Latin America and Africa due to lack of proper and effective birth records.

1 Like

Re: Rohr: "Nigerian Players Lie About Their Age, That's Why I Hardly Invite Them" by Realhommie(m): 9:46am On Apr 15, 2017
Goodnuel:
I know all u are saying bro, but he left for Spain early, so he could have joined the grade school.

You really believe Europeans don't lie about their age??
True it was reported he left for Spain at 15, but he could have been older than 15 at that time just Victor Moses claimed 11 when he was well past that age. Don't get me wrong, i'm not saying Costa is and age cheat because i really don't know, all i'm saying is that some Brazilians especially those from poverty stricken regions cheat albeit not all, and Costa is from a very poor background.

To ur question, as far as football goes my answer to ur Q is in the affirmative. There's absolutely no need for that IMO
Re: Rohr: "Nigerian Players Lie About Their Age, That's Why I Hardly Invite Them" by Nobody: 9:46am On Apr 15, 2017
Gangster1ms:
All these ones talking about diego costa don't know football at all.. first of all diego costa is 28yrs and he is not Brazilian. He is Spanish!
He is Brazilian by blood but chose to play for Spain. That was why he was booed extensively at the 2014 world cup. Get your facts straight.
Re: Rohr: "Nigerian Players Lie About Their Age, That's Why I Hardly Invite Them" by Realhommie(m): 9:52am On Apr 15, 2017
Tunbolity:
You are on point bro. The system in Europe works and does not give room for cheating.....
Very true..
Re: Rohr: "Nigerian Players Lie About Their Age, That's Why I Hardly Invite Them" by Goodnuel: 9:55am On Apr 15, 2017
Realhommie:
True it was reported he left for Spain at 15, but he could have been older than 15 at that time just Victor Moses claimed 11 when he was well past that age. Don't get me wrong, i'm not saying Costa is and age cheat because i really don't know, all i'm saying is that some Brazilians especially those from poverty stricken regions cheat albeit not all, and Costa is from a very poor background.

To ur question, as far as football goes my answer to ur Q is in the affirmative. There's absolutely no need for that IMO
Ok bro... But there's no way am going to believe Zlatan is 34.. No way!!
Re: Rohr: "Nigerian Players Lie About Their Age, That's Why I Hardly Invite Them" by Goodnuel: 10:02am On Apr 15, 2017
Tunbolity:
I never said all whites do, i mean, everyone cheats, the percentages vary, but they all cheat.. How can one say Zlatan is 34??
Re: Rohr: "Nigerian Players Lie About Their Age, That's Why I Hardly Invite Them" by Goodnuel: 10:03am On Apr 15, 2017
Greyman11:

Am just laughing at how u think u just made a point, is Costa an European Born? Moreover that is for brazil to deal with, u guys should misquote this man,he said that the major thing is for dem to play well and be at their best,make dem win CHAN first or atleast perform well there.. And just like d coach rightly said,we have a winning team presently
What is this one saying undecided
Re: Rohr: "Nigerian Players Lie About Their Age, That's Why I Hardly Invite Them" by chairman010: 10:39am On Apr 15, 2017
SirJeffry:
And so? So oyibo no dey lie too Why not tell Ronaldo or Messi to show us their birth certs. Nonsense angry

bros, make we face the truth, all the Nigerian players who played messi at the 2005 world, with the exception of Mikel which of them is active from 2006?

2 Likes

Re: Rohr: "Nigerian Players Lie About Their Age, That's Why I Hardly Invite Them" by jkarmstrong(m): 10:43am On Apr 15, 2017
Goodnuel:

Well, maybe because Zlatan is not 34 he is 36.
Re: Rohr: "Nigerian Players Lie About Their Age, That's Why I Hardly Invite Them" by mrpresident50: 10:51am On Apr 15, 2017
its another weekend and another opportunity to win big yet again.. see photos below for your delight...

Re: Rohr: "Nigerian Players Lie About Their Age, That's Why I Hardly Invite Them" by silversonuc(m): 10:53am On Apr 15, 2017
Goodnuel:

na u still senior thomas mueller
Re: Rohr: "Nigerian Players Lie About Their Age, That's Why I Hardly Invite Them" by Realhommie(m): 10:54am On Apr 15, 2017
Goodnuel:
Lol.. Try check his Wikipedia page out so you know all there is to know about him. If that doesn't convince you still then i don't know what will.

Have a nice day.
Re: Rohr: "Nigerian Players Lie About Their Age, That's Why I Hardly Invite Them" by Realhommie(m): 10:55am On Apr 15, 2017
jkarmstrong:

35 actually, he'll be 36 by October..
Re: Rohr: "Nigerian Players Lie About Their Age, That's Why I Hardly Invite Them" by Goodnuel: 11:00am On Apr 15, 2017
Wiki said 35 cry
Realhommie:
Lol.. Try check his Wikipedia page out so you know all there is to know about him. If that doesn't convince you still then i don't know what will.

Have a nice day.
Re: Rohr: "Nigerian Players Lie About Their Age, That's Why I Hardly Invite Them" by Goodnuel: 11:02am On Apr 15, 2017
jkarmstrong:

Re: Rohr: "Nigerian Players Lie About Their Age, That's Why I Hardly Invite Them" by olagoke157(m): 11:06am On Apr 15, 2017
Taye taiwo 23 kehinde taiwo 32...like wtf is happening?so twins no b the same age again..chai deris God o
Re: Rohr: "Nigerian Players Lie About Their Age, That's Why I Hardly Invite Them" by jkarmstrong(m): 4:33pm On Apr 15, 2017
Realhommie:
35 actually, he'll be 36 by October..

Same thing ni. I know say na October go make am 36 but I just count am by years. No wahala.
Re: Rohr: "Nigerian Players Lie About Their Age, That's Why I Hardly Invite Them" by mpowa(m): 8:49pm On Apr 15, 2017
Goodnuel:
Really?? Europeans don't??

So Zlatan is really 34??

Terry is 36??

Lampard is 38??

Defoe is 34

Tell me more...

Btw, Costa is spanish too.
They Don't. Yes their Ages are correct. Also check the longevity of their footballing career. Most of them stay at the topflight for 15 to 20 yrs, Nigerian best players rarely stay up to 5yrs. Ronaldo entered United has a teenager, and with would be obvious from videos that he's a kid, So they don't lie like us. 'Little Messi' Old pass the real Messi!
Re: Rohr: "Nigerian Players Lie About Their Age, That's Why I Hardly Invite Them" by moyin1010: 9:42pm On Apr 15, 2017
travelpoint:

Call to order for saying the truth.
. Travelpoint please I need your email or pm me
Re: Rohr: "Nigerian Players Lie About Their Age, That's Why I Hardly Invite Them" by Cutie09(m): 5:33pm On Apr 19, 2017
Goodnuel:
That's not exactly my point, my point is that lying about age isn't a major issue so long you can perform.. Btw, Costa is spainsh too..

Costa is from Brazil that is playing for Spainish national team he is not white European
Re: Rohr: "Nigerian Players Lie About Their Age, That's Why I Hardly Invite Them" by Runninghare(m): 3:54pm On May 21, 2017
lammsohiman:
If dats ur yardstick of selecting players I doubt if you will be able to form a full squad because almost all the players in Nigeria lie about dere age. I only trust and blieve Osaze Odewinge
M SORRY BT I DNT THINK U UNDASTND THE GRAVITY OF THE SITUATION...trutful players abound plenti plenti in our league..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sha’Carri Richardson Tests Positive For Marijuana, To Miss Olympics / Reviews Of Ibrahim Said’s Hat-trick In FIFA U-17 World Cup / Juventus Plan To Erect Cristiano Ronaldo Statues So Fans Can Take Selfies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.