Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

Sorry, We Are Not Nigerians’ Say Williams Sisters. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Sorry, We Are Not Nigerians’ Say Williams Sisters. (31032 Views)

“we Are Not Nigerians” – Venus And Serena Williams / Top Ten Smoking Footballers: Jack Wilshere, Lionel Messi And More Seth Williams / The Williams Sisters Exhibition Match In Lagos (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sorry, We Are Not Nigerians’ Say Williams Sisters. by Nobody: 11:11pm On Oct 31, 2012
Sorry, we are not Nigerians’ say Williams sisters

The Williams sisters, Venus and Serena Wednesday put paid to insinuations that they were from Nigeria, when they said that they were proud to be American citizens.

Speaking at the Federal Palace Hotel, Venus, in a response to a question on their true origin, said that while they love Nigeria, the fact was that they were from the United States of America.

“This is another country that we would love to come from but we are from the United States and are proud to be from there as well”, said Venus

On their mother’s decision to name their late sister, Yetunde, after a Nigerian, Venus said that it was because of the mum’s love for Africa.

“My mum named my late sister after an Africa name because she loves Africa and that is all to it”, she said.

www.vanguardngr.com/2012/10/sorry-we-are-not-nigerians-say-williams-sisters/

1 Like

Re: Sorry, We Are Not Nigerians’ Say Williams Sisters. by Nobody: 11:14pm On Oct 31, 2012
Nigerians are very stupid people.

When will you embarrassing ppl stop trying to claim people who don't want to be claimed or trying to claim another heritage?

How did some ppl arrived at the assumption that they're Nigerians? My goodness!

22 Likes

Re: Sorry, We Are Not Nigerians’ Say Williams Sisters. by Lobolintin(m): 11:17pm On Oct 31, 2012
Am frm republic of biafra,nt nigeria..hahaha

5 Likes

Re: Sorry, We Are Not Nigerians’ Say Williams Sisters. by Nobody: 11:29pm On Oct 31, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:

When will you embarrassing ppl stop trying to claim people who don't want to be claimed or trying to claim another heritage?

cos of the late yetunde.

4 Likes

Re: Sorry, We Are Not Nigerians’ Say Williams Sisters. by MrGlobe(m): 12:31am On Nov 01, 2012
smh, what a disgrace. Who even asked them the question. I remember people saying they were from badagry. lmao. Its just the poverty in Nigeria, rather than creating your own to a standard level, you wish every successful black mab is nigerian.

3 Likes

Re: Sorry, We Are Not Nigerians’ Say Williams Sisters. by ITbomb(m): 12:37am On Nov 01, 2012
They look like Igbo

7 Likes

Re: Sorry, We Are Not Nigerians’ Say Williams Sisters. by cashmentor(m): 8:42am On Nov 01, 2012
Well, i love this earth, i'd have love to be here forever, but i'm from Mars!

Rubbbbish.... Who'd want to be identified with the roots of Terrorists, thieves, scammers and Drug Lords after all? No one wants to be related to a Mad Man.... We don hear una, ok, take your money and Go back to The Land of Milk and Hardknocks! Why didn't your mum name your late sis (may her soul rest in peace) a South African or Ghanian name, of all countries, she Choosed a Nigerian Name and u telling me about Loving Africa, i don't know your roots, but, with your own excuse, something tells me you Gals are Lying and hiding something!
I still Love you Girls though, keep making me Proud!

5 Likes

Re: Sorry, We Are Not Nigerians’ Say Williams Sisters. by Afam4eva(m): 10:19am On Nov 01, 2012
It's good they cleared the air just like NAS did when he came to Nigeria. I don't know what it is with Nigerians and claiming people. How can a nation with over 150million people be looking for more citizens when it has not taken care of the people it has.

51 Likes

Re: Sorry, We Are Not Nigerians’ Say Williams Sisters. by ghettodreamz(m): 10:21am On Nov 01, 2012
ITbomb: They look like Igbo

The lady in pink looks a bit Yorubas.

1 Like

Re: Sorry, We Are Not Nigerians’ Say Williams Sisters. by Nobody: 10:23am On Nov 01, 2012
TYPICAL AMERICAN COONS. ARE YOU RELATED TO AMERIGO VESPUCCI OR LEO SCIPIO AFRICANUS ? TWO WHITE MEN. SO HOW THE HECK ARE YOU AFRICAN-AMERICANS ? THEY ARE LOST
Re: Sorry, We Are Not Nigerians’ Say Williams Sisters. by ghettodreamz(m): 10:23am On Nov 01, 2012
afam4eva: It's good the cleared the air like NAS did when he came to Nigeria. I don't know what it is with Nigerians and claiming people. How can a nation with over 150million people be looking for more citizens when it has not taken care of the people it has.

Prolly coz they were celebs. It's no doubt, Nigerians like to claim good and beautiful thing. OR who doesn't? grin grin grin
Re: Sorry, We Are Not Nigerians’ Say Williams Sisters. by Afam4eva(m): 10:24am On Nov 01, 2012
obadiah777: TYPICAL AMERICAN COONS. ARE YOU RELATED TO AMERIGO VESPUCCI OR LEO SCIPIO AFRICANUS ? TWO WHITE MEN. SO HOW THE HECK ARE YOU AFRICAN-AMERICANS ? THEY ARE LOST
Wasn't Amerigo vespucci an Italian?
Re: Sorry, We Are Not Nigerians’ Say Williams Sisters. by eduson55(m): 10:25am On Nov 01, 2012
sophisticated aboki
take am!

5 Likes

Re: Sorry, We Are Not Nigerians’ Say Williams Sisters. by chelseabmw(m): 10:25am On Nov 01, 2012
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Sorry, We Are Not Nigerians’ Say Williams Sisters. by chosen04(f): 10:25am On Nov 01, 2012
Who wants to be a nIGERian?

I dont even recognise the cursed country. Thats why i spells it as niGERia . . . .

WE ARE PROUD BIAFRANS (I & my family) . . . . . . Never niGERians.

2 Likes

Re: Sorry, We Are Not Nigerians’ Say Williams Sisters. by stacomaster(m): 10:25am On Nov 01, 2012
Hw Dat 1 take concern Me! By the way Who wants to knw were Una Frm Na Wa o
Re: Sorry, We Are Not Nigerians’ Say Williams Sisters. by emilyone(f): 10:26am On Nov 01, 2012
who even said they were Nigerians in the first place angry
Re: Sorry, We Are Not Nigerians’ Say Williams Sisters. by AkinDavid2: 10:26am On Nov 01, 2012
What more, who wants to get associated with evil, not even when their late mother named one as Yetunde. I think Yetunde is a name in Algeria may be...South Africa just asking? I hail two of you jare...Wetin Nigeria go do them even if they claim to have a root in Niger? tongue
Re: Sorry, We Are Not Nigerians’ Say Williams Sisters. by holluwizzy: 10:26am On Nov 01, 2012
Keanye West and Jay-Z are From Abia state is Nigeria. lol

1 Like

Re: Sorry, We Are Not Nigerians’ Say Williams Sisters. by Nobody: 10:27am On Nov 01, 2012
Nigeria,and assumptions. Someone even told me they are related to the late Funsho Williams.
Thank God,they ended such speculation. So because someone bears a foreign name makes him/her a citizen.then am from America too,cos my English name is Drake.

2 Likes

Re: Sorry, We Are Not Nigerians’ Say Williams Sisters. by Nobody: 10:27am On Nov 01, 2012
afam4eva:
Wasn't Amerigo vespucci an Italian?
HE WAS A WHITE MAN. THEY ARE ALL THE SAME. THEY HIDE UNDER DIFFERENT COUNTRIES BUT THEIR BIBLICAL NAME IS EDOMITES.

1 Like

Re: Sorry, We Are Not Nigerians’ Say Williams Sisters. by nellaluv(f): 10:28am On Nov 01, 2012
'sorry , we are not Nigerians' tehehehe. 'My mama tell me say i be Americana' tehehe cool

1 Like

Re: Sorry, We Are Not Nigerians’ Say Williams Sisters. by ghettodreamz(m): 10:29am On Nov 01, 2012
Akin-David:
What more, who wants to get associated with evil, not even when their late mother named one as Yetunde. I think Yetunde is a name in Algeria may be...South Africa just asking? I hail two of you jare...Wetin Nigeria go do them even if they claim to have a root in Niger? tongue

Saying a person that answers 'Yetunde' is from South Africa is tantamount to saying anyone who answers 'Akin' is from Gabon grin grin grin #JustSaying#
Re: Sorry, We Are Not Nigerians’ Say Williams Sisters. by Royalty1(m): 10:30am On Nov 01, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:

We are not trying to claim them. Journalists only asked the Obvious question. Their Mum used a Popular Yoruba name which means she was trying to associate with Nigeria.

Too Bad the sisters are claiming contrary. Who cares anyway? Not like they will help reducing the price of Fuel or anything. angry

Abeg! Naija has enough Stars in the Making. Fingers crossed joor.
They should just keep up with their good game. #Lobatan

2 Likes

Re: Sorry, We Are Not Nigerians’ Say Williams Sisters. by warrior101: 10:31am On Nov 01, 2012
i believe in Venus cuz i have a friend from central america who look and spanish but she named are first daughter sade cuz she feels some african tie in her... her has always loved and dated nigeria(african) men since i knew her... she even claim to be from africa just for me or others to like her more... just an example...
Re: Sorry, We Are Not Nigerians’ Say Williams Sisters. by Kslib(m): 10:31am On Nov 01, 2012
chosen04: Who wants to be a nIGERian?

I dont even recognise the cursed country. Thats why i spells it as niGERia . . . .

WE ARE PROUD BIAFRANS (I & my family) . . . . . . Never niGERians.
Who da Bleep even wants to have a wasted,rotten,expired sp*erm like you as a citizen of this country.. Fu*cck off,nobody even knows a fucktardingly cretinous zimbabwean monkey like you exists somewhere... When people dey talk,retarded goons like dis slowpoke go dey bring wetin go cause trouble..rubbish..

4 Likes

Re: Sorry, We Are Not Nigerians’ Say Williams Sisters. by ghettodreamz(m): 10:32am On Nov 01, 2012
Abujafood: How are they supposed to be Nigerians?

Even Barack Obama doesn't accept his Kenyan!

Them too like better thing!

What do you expect na? Maybe if they do, it would sound as if they were denying being Americans. That's the normal trend jare. Take for instance. Ask anyone who originally hails from Houston, Texas, where he comes from? He would tell you, he's from America. grin grin grin
Re: Sorry, We Are Not Nigerians’ Say Williams Sisters. by Nobody: 10:32am On Nov 01, 2012
Na so we dey see am. Nas too na 9ja grin according to some peeps...Is it true? At least with the internet now, one can give his child any name so long as you know the meaning!
Re: Sorry, We Are Not Nigerians’ Say Williams Sisters. by 50calibre(m): 10:33am On Nov 01, 2012
When naija go stop to dry fall my hand? Every black person is Nigerian, Nas is Nigerian, chamillionaire is Nigerian, lil Wayne is Nigerian, wale is Nigerian even people who don't wish to be associated with Nigeria?

We need to build our own and stop looking for ready mades.

Although these girls forgot that every black person has roots in Africa.
Re: Sorry, We Are Not Nigerians’ Say Williams Sisters. by Afam4eva(m): 10:33am On Nov 01, 2012
Royalty1:

We are not trying to claim them. Journalists only asked the Obvious question. Their Mum used a Popular Yoruba name which means she was trying to associate with Nigeria.

Too Bad the sisters are claiming contrary. Who cares anyway? Not like they will help reducing the price of Fuel or anything. angry

Abeg! Naija has enough Stars in the Making. Fingers crossed joor.
They should just keep up with their good game. #Lobatan
If your name is Alex does that mean you're from England or America? It's just a name. It's only a surname that can really tell where someone comes from and even a surname is not 100% certain.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Joseph Yobo And His Kids Dazzle In Matching Outfits / How Mohammed Sanusi Sidelined Falcons From Presidential Reception / 5 Things We Learned From The Champions League.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.