Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,305 members, 7,864,464 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 06:41 PM

Mubarak Opeyemi Thanni: UNIOSUN Best Graduating Student Speaks - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Mubarak Opeyemi Thanni: UNIOSUN Best Graduating Student Speaks (18388 Views)

Ola-Gbadamosi Ridwan Oladotun, LASU Best Graduating Student Speaks / Samuel Ogunlana: Crawford University Best Graduating Student Speaks / Lady Expelled From Covenant University In 300L, Becomes Best Graduating Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mubarak Opeyemi Thanni: UNIOSUN Best Graduating Student Speaks by Nobody: 10:01am On Apr 15, 2017
Congrats to him..
But all this not being social for first class na for Book-freaks.. You dont need to be anti-social to make a first class (or be the best graduating student).

2 Likes

Re: Mubarak Opeyemi Thanni: UNIOSUN Best Graduating Student Speaks by Nobody: 10:02am On Apr 15, 2017
Not being social?

And some people sabi do the two together
Re: Mubarak Opeyemi Thanni: UNIOSUN Best Graduating Student Speaks by chiefolododo(m): 10:02am On Apr 15, 2017
Q
Re: Mubarak Opeyemi Thanni: UNIOSUN Best Graduating Student Speaks by robosky02(m): 10:08am On Apr 15, 2017
"The best graduating student of the Osun State University, Osogbo, Mr. Mubarak Opeyemi Thanni, has disclosed that he sacrificed his social life throughout his undergraduate days in order to come out with the best grades."

Re: Mubarak Opeyemi Thanni: UNIOSUN Best Graduating Student Speaks by AntiWailer: 10:09am On Apr 15, 2017
I am leaving Nairaland cheesy grin grin cheesy

No parry

No football

No dinner grin

Make i no go fail this one
Re: Mubarak Opeyemi Thanni: UNIOSUN Best Graduating Student Speaks by AgbenuAnna(f): 10:11am On Apr 15, 2017
I can't forgo social media like Nl
I don't go to club or party because I don't like it
I take myself to eateries,buy pepper soup,fish and suya
I relate with my course mates,go for weddings and ceremonies

If these is what you call social life I can't do without them.

1 Like

Re: Mubarak Opeyemi Thanni: UNIOSUN Best Graduating Student Speaks by neighy(m): 10:13am On Apr 15, 2017
RADARADA
Re: Mubarak Opeyemi Thanni: UNIOSUN Best Graduating Student Speaks by Cyberrex(m): 10:15am On Apr 15, 2017
skillful01:
What the hell is the meaning of social life.
maybe he meant "girlfriends and partying" but he forgot that mark and bill have been dating their respectives wives since their college days

1 Like

Re: Mubarak Opeyemi Thanni: UNIOSUN Best Graduating Student Speaks by 2shur: 10:16am On Apr 15, 2017
Yhate why they only know things on paper
And not in practice.
All we do is to read..cram and shiit.
Wen someone got a serious illness.
These fucs wud treat it as malaria. And later the patient dies.why cause we got charge and bail lawyers..doctors..engineers..ftom mechanic to what have u.
Quack chemists..hospitals..quack charge and bail profs.
Men u messed up.
A fool is a fool 4eva.
Ok na now wey u don graj u wan start dey flex ba
No go fuc opo without condom o
E fit be yur fisrt time.
Re: Mubarak Opeyemi Thanni: UNIOSUN Best Graduating Student Speaks by Papichulo8888(m): 10:17am On Apr 15, 2017
[quote author=Primusinterpares post=55585296]A first class without social life is that one 1st class
#no offence
#education cuts across every part of our life (social life inclusive)
#i doubt if this guy knows what social life means..
#education is not only what you learn in classrooms,lab workshop...your interaction with colleagues, friends,fellowship etc is education in its self...
#A very big congratulations to you Sir...
I pray you shine brighter nd brighter
[/quo

Awesome!!!
Re: Mubarak Opeyemi Thanni: UNIOSUN Best Graduating Student Speaks by Nobody: 10:21am On Apr 15, 2017
Congratulations!! Well done​!!

Why're people focusing on his comment about sacrificing his social life? That was his reality; you can't argue with that. Just congratulate the man.

4 Likes

Re: Mubarak Opeyemi Thanni: UNIOSUN Best Graduating Student Speaks by castrol180(m): 10:22am On Apr 15, 2017
Good one here.
Re: Mubarak Opeyemi Thanni: UNIOSUN Best Graduating Student Speaks by Nobody: 10:24am On Apr 15, 2017
Na their type d become lecturer d follow small girls around..
I denied myself social life kor
Re: Mubarak Opeyemi Thanni: UNIOSUN Best Graduating Student Speaks by Nobody: 10:26am On Apr 15, 2017
You don't have to sacrifice any aspect of your life for grades. You only have to learn to manage your life the best way possible. I've seen people involved in politics and church, holding various positions in associations and still being best students in their fields. Saying he sacrificed social life for grades, although it shows he prioritized what he felt was more important, also indicate his inability to manage his education and get the best out of school - same thing I did

2 Likes

Re: Mubarak Opeyemi Thanni: UNIOSUN Best Graduating Student Speaks by stevedre: 10:28am On Apr 15, 2017
This is a role model but I guess his success will be hyped by a person infected with severe cough and sore throat because success in Education is no more appreciated in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Mubarak Opeyemi Thanni: UNIOSUN Best Graduating Student Speaks by Nobody: 10:28am On Apr 15, 2017
smiley
Re: Mubarak Opeyemi Thanni: UNIOSUN Best Graduating Student Speaks by jayAjoku(m): 10:37am On Apr 15, 2017
Lol hope they won't give him 50k
Re: Mubarak Opeyemi Thanni: UNIOSUN Best Graduating Student Speaks by Saxokez(m): 10:37am On Apr 15, 2017
my broda education can only give you popularity buh cant get u wealth. you loss a lot on social media cos there are lots of things to learn on social media. and also it can't get u automatic job. believe me
Re: Mubarak Opeyemi Thanni: UNIOSUN Best Graduating Student Speaks by TheEminentLaity: 10:51am On Apr 15, 2017
Don't know why losers always comment first on inspiring stories like this. Maybe except in Nigeria where nepotism is rife and dunderheads become leaders, these kind of stories are always the same with high acheivers.

From Michael Jordan, Mohammed Ali, Floyd Mayweather Jr, Einstein, James Clerk Maxwell, Archimedes, Kobe Bryant, Ray Allen, Lebron James, Roger Federer, Ben Carson, Akinwunmi Adeshina, Hakeem Osagie Bello, Okonjo Iweala etc etc they all had things in common and it is focus, unrivalled ambition and motivation to become the best, and that drive always overrides everything else.

Why don't you guys congratulate the man and take a cue that you can achieve whatever you want to if you put your mind to it. The man lost his brother and used the tragedy as fuel for his fire to win. One thing I know for certain is that, even at the top, there is fierce competition among the best. Good thing the world is becoming more global with the internet thus Nigeria will continue to suffer brain drain, where the best leave for places where value is given to intellect, leaving quacks who continue to tell patients to pray for healing rather than provide treatment and we wonder why in 2017 we don't see education and electricity as basic necessities.

This man here would most likely get a fully funded scholarship to the US or Europe and become useful and contribute to their civilisation and some are here talking about social life. Social life when you never chop? Social life when you are likely to die of meningitis either from inadequate treatment or none at all...Which of the people I mentioned above had 'social lives'? Who social life help and what good has it done for black people?

Religion has really confused a lot of you folks, thinking Oluwa will pick your call while you slob about on instagram and social media. Statistically, that route is the most probable route to failure and underachievement.

3 Likes

Re: Mubarak Opeyemi Thanni: UNIOSUN Best Graduating Student Speaks by goingape1: 11:00am On Apr 15, 2017
Aminat508:

Source: http://www.amiloaded.com/2017/04/i-denied-myself-of-social-life-to-earn.html
illiteracy even after graduate!

denied myself of social life undecided

socializing is one of the prominent characteristic of human being!

well! our educational system is fücked up! what can I say!
Re: Mubarak Opeyemi Thanni: UNIOSUN Best Graduating Student Speaks by goingape1: 11:03am On Apr 15, 2017
Owomkpo:
Na their type d become lecturer d follow small girls around..
I denied myself social life kor
lol! grin
he even resemble persin where get that potential to follow small small girls!
Re: Mubarak Opeyemi Thanni: UNIOSUN Best Graduating Student Speaks by goingape1: 11:05am On Apr 15, 2017
NotOfThis:
Congratulations!! Well done​!!

Why're people focusing on his comment about sacrificing his social life? That was his reality; you can't argue with that. Just congratulate the man.
so we should congratulate stupidity undecided

well! part of the fücked up educational system in Nigeria is also affecting you!
Re: Mubarak Opeyemi Thanni: UNIOSUN Best Graduating Student Speaks by Wuzyurdaddy(m): 11:22am On Apr 15, 2017
Social-media-sacrificial-lamb, hope you get work at Microsoft or google ASAP with your GPA.
Re: Mubarak Opeyemi Thanni: UNIOSUN Best Graduating Student Speaks by pxalmydee(m): 11:26am On Apr 15, 2017
you enjoy your life one day you go die,you denied yourself of flexing, one day you go still die....for me and my family we go booz and flex till Christ come

1 Like

Re: Mubarak Opeyemi Thanni: UNIOSUN Best Graduating Student Speaks by chimhigher(m): 11:38am On Apr 15, 2017
Congrats to him
Re: Mubarak Opeyemi Thanni: UNIOSUN Best Graduating Student Speaks by Nobody: 11:42am On Apr 15, 2017
goingape1:
so we should congratulate stupidity undecided

well! part of the fücked up educational system in Nigeria is also affecting you!
He's stupid with a 4.77 GPA in civil engineering? You're just a hater. I'm not in Nigeria, so your messed-up educational system in Nigeria is surely not affecting me. This guy's going places. If you stop hating on people, maybe, just maybe, you would too. wink

4 Likes

Re: Mubarak Opeyemi Thanni: UNIOSUN Best Graduating Student Speaks by obonujoker(m): 11:49am On Apr 15, 2017
Buh u play Bet9ja, Watched movies, participated in church activities and support Arsenal, abi??
Re: Mubarak Opeyemi Thanni: UNIOSUN Best Graduating Student Speaks by Isaacmacdon(m): 11:52am On Apr 15, 2017
Lekan1o1:

exactly my dear they keep singing the same old song!!. Who do they wana deceive.?

Involving in social life doesnt make u an unserious student..
I can tell u this guy talkin trash did a lot dirty-dirty things in school.. now he wana sound like a motivational speaker.
LIES EVERYWHERE!!

He wants to look all glaring to the media.
Re: Mubarak Opeyemi Thanni: UNIOSUN Best Graduating Student Speaks by Quinn22(f): 12:00pm On Apr 15, 2017
It's very possible to deny yourself some pleasures including your social life. It depends on how desperate, determined and focused you are about getting what you want or achieving your goals, career or ambition. The fear of getting any setbacks make some people do this, because you don't know where he is coming from or his story. It's very very possible!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fayose Reduces Tuition Fees, Introduces Flexible Payments In Ekiti University / Mapoly Update / UNILAG/MAU Students Block 3rd-Mainland-Bridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.