Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,324 members, 7,815,631 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:39 PM

What Is The Size Of A Car's Reserve Tank? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Is The Size Of A Car's Reserve Tank? (18748 Views)

Russians Turned ₦81m Bentley Continental GT Into The World's Most Luxurious Tank / What I Saw In This Toyota Prado Fuel Tank (Photos) / Fuel Tank Spotted Inside A Bus (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Size Of A Car's Reserve Tank? by eyamensah(m): 9:59am On Apr 15, 2017
Please i would love to know how many litres of fuel is left when a Car's fuel indicator shows red...any ideas please?
Re: What Is The Size Of A Car's Reserve Tank? by Keemy88(m): 11:41pm On Apr 15, 2017
10 litres.

6 Likes

Re: What Is The Size Of A Car's Reserve Tank? by sultaan(m): 3:39am On Apr 16, 2017
eyamensah:
Please i would love to know how many litres of fuel is left when a Car's fuel indicator shows red...any ideas please?

To be safe about 7 litres

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Size Of A Car's Reserve Tank? by honmusa(m): 5:38am On Apr 16, 2017
eyamensah:
This is peculiar to the car in question .#jambquestion

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Size Of A Car's Reserve Tank? by Nobody: 6:37am On Apr 16, 2017
I believe all cars have different content of fuel, I mean no different cars can have same reserve fuel.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Size Of A Car's Reserve Tank? by mokaflex(m): 7:09am On Apr 16, 2017
The less you allow your car show red light indicating say fuel/petrol don low the better for the kidney of this your fuel pump. Op Wetin you wan carry this research do? Max 10-15litres if you care to know

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Size Of A Car's Reserve Tank? by lonelydora: 7:10am On Apr 16, 2017
Once you see the red light not the orange light oooo, it means you still have 10 litres remaining in your tank.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Size Of A Car's Reserve Tank? by ionsman: 7:12am On Apr 16, 2017
It depends... Some I know of are 10litres while others are 20litres.
Re: What Is The Size Of A Car's Reserve Tank? by danla44(m): 7:15am On Apr 16, 2017
eyamensah:

Car with 50 to 60 litres capacity usually have the reserve tank of 10 litres.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Size Of A Car's Reserve Tank? by Realwvn(m): 7:23am On Apr 16, 2017
10 litres for Toyota cars.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Size Of A Car's Reserve Tank? by sakalisis(m): 7:24am On Apr 16, 2017
It varies
Re: What Is The Size Of A Car's Reserve Tank? by Xtaceeey: 7:44am On Apr 16, 2017
lonelydora:
Once you see the red light not the orange light oooo, it means you still have 10 litres remaining in your tank.

For real? Asin 10ltrs still remaining!? What if it's orange light, Hw many ltrs left?

And to think my hrt dey always cut when I see ordinary orange light

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Size Of A Car's Reserve Tank? by lonelydora: 7:47am On Apr 16, 2017
Xtaceeey:

For real? Asin 10ltrs still remaining!? What if it's orange light, Hw many ltrs left?

And to think my hrt dey always cut when I see ordinary orange light

It's called 'factor of safety'. But don't always drive with yellow or red light because you may be damaging your fuel pump.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Size Of A Car's Reserve Tank? by legendsilver(m): 7:51am On Apr 16, 2017
Wow, very informative
Re: What Is The Size Of A Car's Reserve Tank? by magicfingers009: 7:59am On Apr 16, 2017
10-15% of your tank capacity.

However, when the reserve light comes on, it indicates that your car is thirsty and that fuel prevents the fuel pump from overheating. It's not good to always drive your car till it shows the amber light.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Size Of A Car's Reserve Tank? by MAXIMAL123(m): 8:00am On Apr 16, 2017
Yeah grin
Yeah grin
Yeah grin
legendsilver:
Wow, very informative

1 Like

Re: What Is The Size Of A Car's Reserve Tank? by nickxtra(m): 8:09am On Apr 16, 2017
My car does not show red, but yellow. Is it the same?
Re: What Is The Size Of A Car's Reserve Tank? by Tisham20(m): 8:21am On Apr 16, 2017
depend on the car
Re: What Is The Size Of A Car's Reserve Tank? by bizzibodi(m): 8:23am On Apr 16, 2017
lonelydora:
is red not more critical than orange.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Size Of A Car's Reserve Tank? by sistar007(m): 9:16am On Apr 16, 2017
You can interpolate
Re: What Is The Size Of A Car's Reserve Tank? by muller101(m): 9:19am On Apr 16, 2017
40liters
Re: What Is The Size Of A Car's Reserve Tank? by twilliamx(m): 9:44am On Apr 16, 2017
ok
Re: What Is The Size Of A Car's Reserve Tank? by ray48: 9:48am On Apr 16, 2017
Depends on the car but generally bw 10 to 15 litres.
Re: What Is The Size Of A Car's Reserve Tank? by lonelydora: 10:13am On Apr 16, 2017
bizzibodi:

is red not more critical than orange.

Red is more critical. But you have 10 litres when it lights up.
Re: What Is The Size Of A Car's Reserve Tank? by Nobody: 10:25am On Apr 16, 2017
nickxtra:
My car does not show red, but yellow. Is it the same?

if you continue driving with the yellow light it will eventually change to red

.yellow. ...first stage of warning

.Red....final stage of warning

1 Like

Re: What Is The Size Of A Car's Reserve Tank? by eyamensah(m): 10:34am On Apr 16, 2017
My car shows yellow light when low on fuel and with that it can even run 4d whole day... meanwhile my car consumption rate is very high coz on a normal basis i use more than 20 litres a day hence the question
Re: What Is The Size Of A Car's Reserve Tank? by nickxtra(m): 10:59am On Apr 16, 2017
Archaa:

if you continue driving with the yellow light it will eventually change to red

.yellow. ...first stage of warning

.Red....final stage of warning
It has never dropped to red, but I do drive in that yellow briefly till I get fuel. Hope its safe to drive in yellow?
Re: What Is The Size Of A Car's Reserve Tank? by Nobody: 11:11am On Apr 16, 2017
nickxtra:
It has never dropped to red, but I do drive in that yellow briefly till I get fuel. Hope its safe to drive in yellow?

it has never dropped to red cus you quickly top up

next time ignore the yellow until it turns to red which can still take you up to 2 kilometres

try this experiment by keeping 5 liters of petrol by your side in case the car stops

some big cars also have a bleeping alarm when the red warning must have been overstretched
Re: What Is The Size Of A Car's Reserve Tank? by adanny01(m): 11:54am On Apr 16, 2017
Technically, a car has no reserve tank. As in a separate tank to reserve fuel. However, what obtains is a reserve level.

This is the level you know approximately how much fuel you have and how far it could take you while finding a solution to your low fuel level.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Size Of A Car's Reserve Tank? by Elnida: 11:55am On Apr 16, 2017
it depends. A big engine Peugeot is 20litres my dad has it, he changes car but not that particular one. Honda Odyssey is 15litres I tink. my friend drives one.
last last it all depends on the product
Re: What Is The Size Of A Car's Reserve Tank? by Fidecoo(m): 12:00pm On Apr 16, 2017
eyamensah:
,,I don't know if those fuel warning lights of my car are still working. honestly speaking, my car has never shown any of these light(orange or red). Although, I don't allow the fuel gauge meter to drop below the quarter thank.over 2years ,now.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Size Of A Car's Reserve Tank? by dino2006(m): 12:15pm On Apr 16, 2017
Since I bought a new fuel pump 2 yrs ago, I've never allowed the fuel indicator to show any light before topping up.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ways People Take Revenge On Bad Parking / Should You Turn Off The A/C System Before Shutting Off Your Car’s Engine? / Why Is INTERNATIONAL DRIVING PERMIT Not Allowed In Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.