Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,730 members, 7,820,531 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:33 PM

Cushioning: The New Dating Anxiety Everyone Should Know About! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Cushioning: The New Dating Anxiety Everyone Should Know About! (434 Views)

New Dating Site Launches For people With Dinky joysticks / Meet Hot Women With This New Dating Site / Meet Hot Women With This New Dating Site (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Cushioning: The New Dating Anxiety Everyone Should Know About! by BaesDiary: 12:08pm On Apr 15, 2017
Dating terms like Sexting, Mooning and Ghosting have been used sparingly in the world of relationship. But Cushioning?

Cushioning is the new dating term you definitely need to know about before you are cushioned in your relationship. Maybe this has been in existence for a long term, however the term just surfaced online.

You know when you have a phone, then you get extra battery for it, just incase the original battery of your phone gets drained or damaged. In this case, you won't really feel bad or panick, all you need do is to use the extra battery you have kept. Does that explain cushioning?

According to Urban Dictionary,

Cushioning is a dating technique where along with your main piece you also have several 'cushions,' other people you'll chat and flirt with, to cushion the potential blow of your main break-up and not leave you alone.  It's purposely and deliberately flirting with other people you can rebound with if you breakup.

You actually dating Jude, but then you chat and flirt with Bayo (and Precious and Mubaraq), as a back-up plan, of course secretly. If Jude breaks up with you, you won't really feel heart-broken, because this other guy(s) is there to cushion the effect of the break you had with your main date.

Why do people engage in cushioning?

No one wants to get hurt or go through the heat of a heartbreak. People do not want to be lonely or left out just there. Most people want to be in a relationship, most people need people to talk to and make them feel desired, so if a lover says goodbye, there's someone out there for them, and they won't totally feel the pains of losing out on love.

Also, some people already see the sign that their present relationship will hit the rock soon, hence they quickly find someone who they share their attentions with, while hoping that the main relationship doesn't fail. If it fails, they won't totally be the victims, they quickly move on to their plan B.

Is cushioning a form of cheating?
In my opinion, I think it is. I really think if you don't want your partner to see a particular message or chat with another person, you should not be engaged in it. Simoly put, don't do what you dont want to be caught doing! If you think your partner will break up with you, talk to them about it, confront them and let them tell you the hard truth. If you get to find out the truth, simply walk away and start all over again.

Dear Bae's Diary Readers, What are the signs you are someone's cushion? Tell us in the comment box.

This post first appeared on this blog - Bae's Diary!

Source: http://www.baesdiary.com.ng/2017/04/cushioning-new-dating-anxiety-everyone.html#more

Re: Cushioning: The New Dating Anxiety Everyone Should Know About! by SuperSuave(m): 12:12pm On Apr 15, 2017
Chai!! People really take relationships too serious as if it's a paid job

1 Like

Re: Cushioning: The New Dating Anxiety Everyone Should Know About! by Alphamale2017(m): 1:01pm On Apr 15, 2017
op what about pillowing and mattressing ? biko come and explain that one

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

D Naughtiness Reunion / My Weekend / How Can I Date If I Am Not Talkative?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.