Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,269 members, 7,815,450 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:39 PM

Is There Any Reputable Cassava Farm Manager In Ogun State? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Is There Any Reputable Cassava Farm Manager In Ogun State? (806 Views)

Pictures Of The Harvest From My Half Plot Cassava Farm / Own An Acre Of Cassava Farm With #25,000 Installment / Herbicide For Cassava Farm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Any Reputable Cassava Farm Manager In Ogun State? by ACDONCHRIS: 1:11pm On Apr 15, 2017
I am currently trying to set up a 5 - hectare Cassava Farm in Ogun State on a piece of land I am taking on lease and I'm interested in planting the TME 419 variety, but somehow busy. That is why I need someone or an organization to effectively and efficiently manage it for me until harvest.

The Farm Manager MUST possess proven experience or track records in cassava farming and processing.

The Farm Manager MUST be resident or have an operational office in Ogun State.

The Farm Manager MUST have traceable addresses and Reputable guarantors.

The Farm Manager is expected to handle or manage every stage of the cultivation process from land preparation to harvest wether I am present or not.
Reputable and Trustworthy is the word. If you know you do not meet my criteria, pls do not apply or contact me, because I will catch you soon.

I will fund the project.

It is the duty of the Farm Manager to source for very good TME 419 stems of cassava from a very reliable source, also source for chemicals, fertilizers, labour and even hire of farm machines for ploughing, tilling, harrowing for the farm, etc.

Ability of the Farm Manager to provide a very smart, quick, bankable, feasible and operational business plan/Feasibility Study or Report on the project in less than two weeks from now is an added advantage.

If you meet my requirements, respond by telling me your terms in detail. Also indicate your location and WhatsApp number for further communication.

Once I am ok with your submissions, I will contact you.
An individual or an organization is free to apply.
Re: Is There Any Reputable Cassava Farm Manager In Ogun State? by mr1759: 1:29pm On Apr 15, 2017
I am ready because cassava is my passion but you are not ready,
Re: Is There Any Reputable Cassava Farm Manager In Ogun State? by Seun(m): 1:39pm On Apr 15, 2017
mr1759:
I am ready because cassava is my passion but you are not ready,
Why do you feel he is not ready?
Re: Is There Any Reputable Cassava Farm Manager In Ogun State? by farmerwealth(m): 2:36pm On Apr 15, 2017
location in ogun state and your contact were not stated, but you can contact me through 08108776718 or 08059371220. we're currently cultivating cassava at village close to Abeokuta
ACDONCHRIS:
I am currently trying to set up a 5 - hectare Cassava Farm in Ogun State on a piece of land I am taking on lease and I'm interested in planting the TME 419 variety, but somehow busy. That is why I need someone or an organization to effectively and efficiently manage it for me until harvest.

The Farm Manager MUST possess proven experience or track records in cassava farming and processing.

The Farm Manager MUST be resident or have an operational office in Ogun State.

The Farm Manager MUST have traceable addresses and Reputable guarantors.

The Farm Manager is expected to handle or manage every stage of the cultivation process from land preparation to harvest wether I am present or not.
Reputable and Trustworthy is the word. If you know you do not meet my criteria, pls do not apply or contact me, because I will catch you soon.

I will fund the project.

It is the duty of the Farm Manager to source for very good TME 419 stems of cassava from a very reliable source, also source for chemicals, fertilizers, labour and even hire of farm machines for ploughing, tilling, harrowing for the farm, etc.

Ability of the Farm Manager to provide a very smart, quick, bankable, feasible and operational business plan/Feasibility Study or Report on the project in less than two weeks from now is an added advantage.

If you meet my requirements, respond by telling me your terms in detail. Also indicate your location and WhatsApp number for further communication.

Once I am ok with your submissions, I will contact you.
An individual or an organization is free to apply.

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Reputable Cassava Farm Manager In Ogun State? by TokyoBulls(m): 9:56pm On Apr 15, 2017
I agree the OP might not be ready. I am a commercial farmer. These are the few things I can see through this post:
1. OP does not have any knowledge of farming or cassava farming. Knowledge in farming cannot be substituted for money. CAVA II Directors call them Pen Farmers.
2. Size of the farm is too large for an absentee farmer who does not have any farming experience. Trust me, after this, he will most likely write a post on 'Why No Investor Should Venture Into Cassava Farming'. If you do not have experience, you muse be available to learn. If you are not available, you must be have experience. Both are very important but in this case, both are missing.
3. OP does not understand the variables in the complex algorithm of farming. The fact that a farmer was successful on one project does not guarantee success on another project. The farm manager does not determine the land (already leased), soil type, fertility, rainfall, etc.
4. OP already determined the variety he wants to plant. Not sure if he matched this with all other variables involved in cassava farming.
5. OP sounds knowledgeable in the business aspect of agriculture but there is deficiency of passion, if it exists at all. Farming is first about passion, then business and not the other way round. Sometimes the variables work in other ways (such as drought in Uganda and Kenya recently) but passion keeps you on the field.
6. He does not have a feasibility or business plan. Farm manager will provide same. That means he does not have an idea of what he wants. He has money, which is good but no business plan.

My recommendation. Seek a partner not a farm manager. A farm manager is only an employee, whom you want to carry all the risks in the business Seek a partner who knows about farming, can joint-fund the business and you can learn along. If after one or two seasons, your passion does not jump up, cash out. Farming is not for everyone.
Seun:
Re: Is There Any Reputable Cassava Farm Manager In Ogun State? by ACDONCHRIS: 12:57am On Apr 16, 2017
TokyoBulls:
I agree the OP might not be ready. I am a commercial farmer. These are the few things I can see through this post:
1. OP does not have any knowledge of farming or cassava farming. Knowledge in farming cannot be substituted for money. CAVA II Directors call them Pen Farmers.
2. Size of the farm is too large for an absentee farmer who does not have any farming experience. Trust me, after this, he will most likely write a post on 'Why No Investor Should Venture Into Cassava Farming'. If you do not have experience, you muse be available to learn. If you are not available, you must be have experience. Both are very important but in this case, both are missing.
3. OP does not understand the variables in the complex algorithm of farming. The fact that a farmer was successful on one project does not guarantee success on another project. The farm manager does not determine the land (already leased), soil type, fertility, rainfall, etc.
4. OP already determined the variety he wants to plant. Not sure if he matched this with all other variables involved in cassava farming.
5. OP sounds knowledgeable in the business aspect of agriculture but there is deficiency of passion, if it exists at all. Farming is first about passion, then business and not the other way round. Sometimes the variables work in other ways (such as drought in Uganda and Kenya recently) but passion keeps you on the field.
6. He does not have a feasibility or business plan. Farm manager will provide same. That means he does not have an idea of what he wants. He has money, which is good but no business plan.

My recommendation. Seek a partner not a farm manager. A farm manager is only an employee, whom you want to carry all the risks in the business Seek a partner who knows about farming, can joint-fund the business and you can learn along. If after one or two seasons, your passion does not jump up, cash out. Farming is not for everyone.
I actually didn't want to respond to you, but on a second thought, I felt I should respond so that all your baseless assertions will not mislead or misguide some persons out there with an open mind. Firstly, I knew why I included those job descriptions there. I don't think I need to make my reasons open here. Because I do not know you, I will not say that I am more experienced in cassava farming than you, but I can assure you that I am no novice to the business of cassava farming. Aside farming it, I am also a certified food processor (including cassava). Do not be deceived, brother. I know exactly what I need or want. Stop concluding academically about someone you do not know. Anyways, thanks for your contribution. Honestly, as much as I do not agree with you, because your assertions are not true, I still appreciate it a bunch. Many thanks.

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Reputable Cassava Farm Manager In Ogun State? by ACDONCHRIS: 1:01am On Apr 16, 2017
farmerwealth:
location in ogun state and your contact were not stated, but you can contact me through 08108776718 or 08059371220. we're currently cultivating cassava at village close to Abeokuta
I know. I will contact you soon for further discussion. Once I contact you, you will definitely have my contact henceforth.
Re: Is There Any Reputable Cassava Farm Manager In Ogun State? by ACDONCHRIS: 1:05am On Apr 16, 2017
Seun:
I really don't know. So many of our people are in a hurry to conclude hastily. I know what I want. If I was 100% free to be on my farm everyday, I would not need a farm manager.

(1) (Reply)

Killed This With Leg On Farm Today... / Urgent Help My Pig Is Sick. / Cassava Tuber And Stem Buyers Needed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.