Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,453 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:32 PM

Urgent Help My Pig Is Sick. - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Urgent Help My Pig Is Sick. (806 Views)

My Pig Farm Journey / I'm About Starting My Pig Farm, Thread! / Profitability Of Pig Farming In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent Help My Pig Is Sick. by boboenny: 1:55pm On Sep 04, 2017
dear expert in the house. currently I have a sick pig (grower). we have dewormed, given iron and multivitamins. all these were done yesterday. today, when we did not see any improvement, we injected it with oxytetracycline (L.A) 5ml. up till now it is not responding. it's not eating, it's not standing up. please what do i do. I contacted a vet doctor, she's the one who recommended L.A. please help.
Re: Urgent Help My Pig Is Sick. by psalm68(m): 2:36pm On Sep 04, 2017
how can you give a grower 5ml of LA?that is way too much. You should have given 1ml and repeat it after few days if no improvement is notice.give Bcomplex,also get glucose. You can also try choice meal that he likes
Re: Urgent Help My Pig Is Sick. by boboenny: 3:24pm On Sep 04, 2017
I hope I won't kill the pig with 5ml. I read the dosage on the drug.
Re: Urgent Help My Pig Is Sick. by femu(m): 4:50pm On Sep 04, 2017
boboenny:
I hope I won't kill the pig with 5ml. I read the dosage on the drug.

what's the weight of the pig?
Re: Urgent Help My Pig Is Sick. by boboenny: 6:30pm On Sep 04, 2017
20kg but with its inability to eat the weight must have reduced. it has been inactive, I don't know what to do.
Re: Urgent Help My Pig Is Sick. by Eefosa1: 10:40pm On Sep 04, 2017
give feed that will attract the animal such as fishmeal and vegetables
Re: Urgent Help My Pig Is Sick. by boboenny: 8:55am On Sep 05, 2017
thanks for your care. I got to the farm this morning I saw that the pig is still alive, I was advised to give B.Co to aid its appetite but the one I could lay my hand upon is the B.Co (injection) used by human being. I don't know if it can also work. I am a learner in this job, your advice is needed please.
Re: Urgent Help My Pig Is Sick. by omoluabi87: 12:27pm On Sep 05, 2017
Go ahead and give it the B.co for humans, it will work.
Next time try spread your injections; deworming and iron on the same day isn't the best.
Re: Urgent Help My Pig Is Sick. by psalm68(m): 12:38pm On Sep 05, 2017
boboenny:
thanks for your care. I got to the farm this morning I saw that the pig is still alive, I was advised to give B.Co to aid its appetite but the one I could lay my hand upon is the B.Co (injection) used by human being. I don't know if it can also work. I am a learner in this job, your advice is needed please.
Good, the Bco injection is ok, give 1ml first.

(1) (Reply)

Hybrid Seeds From Netherland Available For Sale / Where to get chameleon egg in NIGERIA / Palm Kernel Group Chat...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.