Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,316 members, 7,819,073 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:53 AM

ASK GAZZUZZ - Autos (263) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / ASK GAZZUZZ (614209 Views)

Gazzuzz Autos And Part Store. / When GAZZUZZ takes over - RX350 - The Journey / Gazzuzz Inspected Vehicles (lagos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) ... (407) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:03pm On Sep 12, 2019
FrancisAdl:
General Gazzazz,

For my 2008 IS350 RWD I have the stock tyre size:

225/40R18 for the front and 255/40R18 for the Rear

However, I would like to Install 255 in the front as well, for better ground clearance.

Is that recommended, considering I'm going against car spec?

Any cons I should take note of?

height will not change but only width, you will only mess up the turning angle as the wheel will touch the body frame especially when you make a full turn left or right.

2 Likes

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:04pm On Sep 12, 2019
Bizzyliss:
Boss abeg oil capacity for 1zz fe

engine oil? Transmission oil?

Engine oil is about 4.3quarts transmission oil is about 3.8quarts

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by Bizzyliss(m): 7:11pm On Sep 12, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

engine oil? Transmission oil?

Engine oil is about 4.3quarts transmission oil is about 3.8quarts
thanks boss. Pls i wan to change from 15rim to 16rim, pls whats d size of tyre that will best fit the 16rim thanks

1 Like

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by zsch: 7:39pm On Sep 12, 2019
Hi Gazzuz,

I have a 2005 Camry, automatic, V6. A few days ago someone had borrowed the battery. It was put back in the other day but I didn't supervise. Today I drove the car and noticed the following.

1) It felt a bit sluggish, it was not as responsive as it usually is with acceleration and even going around a corner. It felt..... Sleepy
2) Steering felt a tad stiffer than usual
3) when I slowed the car at a bend, the car died. I'd to restart it. (I had also observed that when I originally started the car, it didn't 'catch' and I'd to do it a second time)

PS before the battery was taken out, it had the check engine light on. Now it's off but the car feels worse off.

What could be the problem please, car never had these issues before?
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:18pm On Sep 12, 2019
Bizzyliss:
thanks boss. Pls i wan to change from 15rim to 16rim, pls whats d size of tyre that will best fit the 16rim thanks

call me let me make some money, this will fit perfectly in your vehicle

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by Bizzyliss(m): 8:26pm On Sep 12, 2019
Will call u right away
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by ojeysky(m): 8:48pm On Sep 12, 2019
AnaCheks:
It was not an insult. Both of you were derailing on another person's thread, that's why the owner mentioned your monikers

Seriously, well I noticed the op has also made unnecessary statement in support of yours. My apologies to both of you.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:46pm On Sep 12, 2019
zsch:
Hi Gazzuz,

I have a 2005 Camry, automatic, V6. A few days ago someone had borrowed the battery. It was put back in the other day but I didn't supervise. Today I drove the car and noticed the following.

1) It felt a bit sluggish, it was not as responsive as it usually is with acceleration and even going around a corner. It felt..... Sleepy
3) when I slowed the car at a bend, the car died. I'd to restart it. (I had also observed that when I originally started the car, it didn't 'catch' and I'd to do it a second time)

PS before the battery was taken out, it had the check engine light on. Now it's off but the car feels worse off.

in a few days it will relearn new values and normalize. This is a lesson, never give out your battery.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by zsch: 10:09pm On Sep 12, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

in a few days it will relearn new values and normalize. This is a lesson, never give out your battery.

Thank you for your response.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by kingreign(m): 10:24pm On Sep 12, 2019
zsch:

Thank you for your response.
Also, scan that car when next the check engine light shows and post codes here so we can help you solve the faults stored. The check engine light showing on your cluster indicates your car has a malfunction.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by Bizzyliss(m): 10:34pm On Sep 12, 2019
P0500 corolla
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by zsch: 11:15pm On Sep 12, 2019
kingreign:

Also, scan that car when next the check engine light shows and post codes here so we can help you solve the faults stored. The check engine light showing on your cluster indicates your car has a malfunction.

Will do. Many thanks
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by FrancisAdl(m): 12:52am On Sep 13, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

height will not change but only width, you will only mess up the turning angle as the wheel will touch the body frame especially when you make a full turn left or right.

What would you recommend for better ground clearance sir?
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:01am On Sep 13, 2019
FrancisAdl:

These are part of the things you should consider before buying a car. I have no recommendations

1 Like

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by onatisi(m): 5:15am On Sep 13, 2019
Hello sir, please can you recommend any good mechanic for Honda cars in abeokuta ?
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by nnamdibig(m): 5:29am On Sep 13, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

Sir,
225/40R18 and 255/40R18, I was think that the height is measured in % that is 40% of 225 and 40% of 255? in that case will the height not change?
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by jarkbauer: 5:30am On Sep 13, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

The 255/40/18 is higher than 225/40/18. The 40 is aspect ratio. The diameter is higher by almost an inch.

1 Like

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:47am On Sep 13, 2019
jarkbauer:

The 255/40/18 is higher than 225/40/18. The 40 is aspect ratio. The diameter is higher by almost an inch.

FrancisAdl:

jarkbauer kindly help the man
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by double3(m): 9:31am On Sep 13, 2019
zsch:
Hi Gazzuz,

Experience similar situation whenever I take out my car battery to start my neighbors car, did some research online and discovered that
engine powertrain module (aka brain box) stores certain information such as idle trim (tells the vehicle the right amout of fuel air mixture required for idle), fueling adjustments, amongst other drive pattern information which ensure a smooth run. In an event the battery is disconnected, all these Information are lost, and one might experience a rough idle on installing the battery.When this happens one has to perform "idle learning" to teach the car how to idle properly.  The step is listed below
- with the gear in 'p' and hand brake engaged, and all accessories off (radio,fan,ac,lights etc) turn the key to the on position twice but don't crank the engine. Crank the engine the 3rd time
-with the engine is running, step on the brake pedal and shift the gear to 'D'.(hand brake must be engaged).
-allow it idle for 2 mins and that's all
Rough idle disappeared.
Or u drive the car around for some time and allow it learn naturally,any way works.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by ebiye55(m): 6:29pm On Sep 13, 2019
Boss Gazzuzz, is it advisable to change only the engine on my Honda City 07 (8 plugs) or engine & gear box together. It barely moves now & AC is a no no. Very difficult to climb gallops/uphill, very sluggish.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:18pm On Sep 13, 2019
ebiye55:
Boss Gazzuzz, is it advisable to change only the engine on my Honda City 07 (8 plugs) or engine & gear box together. It barely moves now & AC is a no no. Very difficult to climb gallops/uphill, very sluggish.

there's no o harm doing it if done well
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by thaqib(m): 10:41pm On Sep 13, 2019
Is there any problem with my Camry 01 , when I match the brake, the dashboard shows red colour on the reverse as if the gear is in reverseThe brake and gear works fine though
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:44am On Sep 14, 2019
thaqib:
Is there any problem with my Camry 01 , when I match the brake, the dashboard shows red colour on the reverse as if the gear is in reverseThe brake and gear works fine though

Get the bulbs in the back of the car checked . There is a single socket bulb in a double socket
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by Bizzyliss(m): 6:43am On Sep 14, 2019
On my way to see auto doctor gazzuzz
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:53am On Sep 14, 2019
Bizzyliss:
On my way to see auto doctor gazzuzz

2 Likes

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by REDDEVILS1(m): 7:18am On Sep 14, 2019
Good morning GAZZUZZ. PLS I scanned my 07 Sienna after I noticed an increase in its thirst for fuel. The only code it gave me is P0302. Please how do I fix this
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:28am On Sep 14, 2019
REDDEVILS1:
Good morning GAZZUZZ. PLS I scanned my 07 Sienna after I noticed an increase in its thirst for fuel. The only code it gave me is P0302. Please how do I fix this

Misfires.

Spark plugs

Injectors

Ignition coil

Have them checked on cylinder 2.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by dicksonadams(m): 7:29am On Sep 14, 2019
REDDEVILS1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUmqz-4uiEw
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by thaqib(m): 6:16pm On Sep 14, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

Thanks

Get the bulbs in the back of the car checked . There is a single socket bulb in a double socket
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by RealDannie(m): 9:32pm On Sep 14, 2019
GAZZUZZ:
Free consultation on car Fixes and car purchases

Just ask, and I'll give you my candid unbiased advice here on autos.

Good evening boss,

Did a scan after my car's check engine light came up and I got the following codes

P0420
P0142
P0143
P0606
P0136
P0137
P0138
P0113

Please I need an estimate of how much it would cost me to fix it and where.

Please help, it consumes more fuel as I speak.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:38pm On Sep 14, 2019
RealDannie:

Good evening boss,

Did a scan after my car's check engine light came up and I got the following codes

P0420
P0142
P0143
P0606
P0136
P0137
P0138
P0113

Full information of vehicle type
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by kingreign(m): 10:21pm On Sep 14, 2019
RealDannie:

Good evening boss,

P0420
P0142
P0143
P0606
P0136
P0137
P0138
P0113

That's how a 1957 year model Studebaker is suppose to be. Its absolutely normal.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) ... (407) (Reply)

Free Honda Radio Unlock Codes. Up To Year 2009. K.k Business Asoc. Ltd / Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria / N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars

Viewing this topic: visita

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.