Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,285 members, 7,818,960 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:00 AM

ASK GAZZUZZ - Autos (65) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / ASK GAZZUZZ (614178 Views)

Gazzuzz Autos And Part Store. / When GAZZUZZ takes over - RX350 - The Journey / Gazzuzz Inspected Vehicles (lagos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (407) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:50pm On Oct 03, 2017
lollyboy:
I just got an offer for a Toyota Echo 2000. I dont know if you fix cars like that.. Its Nigerian used though and ots 500k.

Also got an offèr for a Corolla 2003 Nigerian used.
For everyone i have talked to about buying a car they are saying i should try to avoid the nigerian used cars and save for toks.

A kia cerato 2007 for 1.2m also naija used

Whats your take on this sir?

get the corrola 2003.

1 Like

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:54pm On Oct 03, 2017
good188:
I'm using Toyota corolla bank type 2006 , I want to know if this engine oil good to service my car visco 2000_ because that's what mechanic used for me and this is my second time to service the car ,guru in this house help

if you want to use mineral oil on your car, use high quality mineral oil.
Look for CEPSA 20w50 its made in spain and is very good.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by chloedogie(m): 7:07pm On Oct 03, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Beautiful ride, excellent engineering. Fire on, ensure you buy one without any a/c issues.

Prof I checked the AC it is reasonable but I will need to get someone to check it. If I may ask, why were you concerned about the AC issue baba. The only issue I discovered about the car is the break not releasing well. You have to pull it up up up. Any other thing to look out for sir?
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by Brillantman: 8:27pm On Oct 03, 2017
Gazzuzz, please choose one out of these cars and reason, I'm intend to get it for my brother.

Lexus RX 300 (2001-2003)
Lexus EX 300,330 (2002-2006)
Toyota Camry (2007-2009)
Toyota Highlander (2001-2004)

And please she'd more light on this, my Audi A4 transmission light (PDRNS) came up at the same time when I was driving from Lagos to Ibadan, I had no idea of the trouble ahead, I thought it was something kazeems will correct when I get to Ibadan, only to be told that I have to change the gear which I did, I paid 170k for that, after three weeks, kazeem called me that my car is ready, elated because of the car performance that I've missed and which the likes of any Japanese cars that I have couldn't give, I rushed down to pick my car, the third day, same thing happened.. I wept. A friend of mine who is a soldier heard and think that kazeem had robbed me beat him mercilessly until I choose between having my car spoilt indefinitely or kazeem killed through beating by my military friend, I opted for the formal. After much persuasion, kazeem agreed to replace the gear again which he did after a month. I told him to call my military friend when the car is ready that he shouldnt bother contacting me because I've lost interest in the car and his services, he agreed. My friend called me that my car is ready and I went there hastily thinking that all is now well with my choice A4, after driving downtown for 30 minutes, behold, it did happened again. In a nutshell, the car was butchered because I can't risk anything on it again. I miss the car and it's performance, v6. 3.0, heavy and balance on the road, I'm still thinking of buying this particular car again but I want someone who can tell me with all honesty what went wrong with the first one.
Thank you
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by menstrualpad: 9:33pm On Oct 03, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

if you want to use mineral oil on your car, use high quality mineral oil.
Look for CEPSA 20w50 its made in spain and is very good.
Is there no Nigeria made high quality mineral oil?
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by menstrualpad: 9:35pm On Oct 03, 2017
Brillantman:
Gazzuzz, please choose one out of these cars and reason, I'm intend to get it for my brother.

Lexus RX 300 (2001-2003)
Toyota Camry (2007-2009)

And please she'd more light on this, my Audi A4 transmission light (PDRNS) came up at the same time when I was driving from Lagos to Ibadan, I had no idea of the trouble ahead, I thought it was something kazeems will correct when I get to Ibadan, only to be told that I have to change the gear which I did, I paid 170k for that, after three weeks, kazeem called me that my car is ready, elated because of the car performance that I've missed and which the likes of any Japanese cars that I have couldn't give, I rushed down to pick my car, the third day, same thing happened.. I wept. A friend of mine who is a soldier heard and think that kazeem had robbed me beat him mercilessly until I choose between having my car spoilt indefinitely or kazeem killed through beating by my military friend, I opted for the formal. After much persuasion, kazeem agreed to replace the gear again which he did after a month. I told him to call my military friend when the car is ready that he shouldnt bother contacting me because I've lost interest in the car and his services, he agreed. My friend called me that my car is ready and I went there hastily thinking that all is now well with my choice A4, after driving downtown for 30 minutes, behold, it did happened again. In a nutshell, the car was butchered because I can't risk anything on it again. I miss the car and it's performance, v6. 3.0, heavy and balance on the road, I'm still thinking of buying this particular car again but I want someone who can tell me with all honesty what went wrong with the first one.
Thank you
So why didn't you change the transmission to a manual one?
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:35pm On Oct 03, 2017
menstrualpad:

Is there no Nigeria made high quality mineral oil?

none that I can recommend sir.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by menstrualpad: 10:40pm On Oct 03, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

none that I can recommend sir.
Ok. So apart from cepsa which other good oils are available in Nigeria that you can recommend?

Gazzuzz!
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by Nobody: 11:57pm On Oct 03, 2017
Oga Gazzuzz.Thanks for your thread.

Please what are likely issues/problems to expect from a Honda Pilot 2003/4,naija or foreign used? Or will you recommend 2003/4 RX 300 instead based on issues expected?Thanks.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by topsylee: 4:33am On Oct 04, 2017
Thanks a lot for this

valarinz:

OK sir

1. There are no non-turbo models between 2003 and 2005, it's either 5cyl turbo engine or 6cyl twin turbo(T6). However from 2006 there are non-turbo models (V8 and 6cyl inline 3.2l engines). I hardly run into any XC90 5cyl with turbo issues, so I'll assume thats hardly an issue with them, however I suggest you remove all thoughts of the T6 from your mind as the car is almost always trouble generally

2. By regular wear items I assume you're referring to brake pads, shocks, oil filter etc Those are not too harsh on the pocket too, if you can afford to maintain a jap SUV, then this is child's play for you

3. Currently no, only have Tokunbo for now, perhaps soon

Generally, I'll recommend this car (XC90 5cyl) anytime anyway, it's one of the few SUV 's on the market that's quite affordable and will still serve you well without hurting your pocket so badly. Note I specified on the 5cyl engine if you must buy the year models (2003-2005), if you buy the T6 then you're oyo.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:03am On Oct 04, 2017
dokwhot:
Oga Gazzuzz.Thanks for your thread.

Please what are likely issues/problems to expect from a Honda Pilot 2003/4,naija or foreign used? Or will you recommend 2003/4 RX 300 instead based on issues expected?Thanks.

none that I know of. Do not buy a rusted car.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by onayemi1: 5:54am On Oct 04, 2017
Hello Gazzuz, I have a Toyota corolla 2009 and the check engine light is permanently on. What could be wrong?
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:34am On Oct 04, 2017
onayemi1:
Hello Gazzuz, I have a Toyota corolla 2009 and the check engine light is permanently on. What could be wrong?

1min pls

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:23am On Oct 04, 2017
onayemi1:

in almost every vehicle produced after 1996 there is a diagignostic port where you can plug in a diagnostic equipment to pull codes when ever the need arises. You should buy 1 or employ the services of a technician who has such an equipment.

1 Like

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by olumide4christ: 1:20am On Oct 05, 2017
Greetings Oga Gazzuzz,

Some people say the Peugeot 407 (manual transmission) is better or less problematic than that with the automatic transmission. Is this true? If true, why if I may ask?

Thanks in anticipation of your response.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:00am On Oct 05, 2017
olumide4christ:
Greetings Oga Gazzuzz,

Some people say the Peugeot 407 (manual transmission) is better or less problematic than that with the automatic transmission. Is this true? If true, why if I may ask?

Thanks in anticipation of your response.

life expectancy is higher on the manual from multiple experiences.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by kevaxa(m): 8:45pm On Oct 05, 2017
Gazuzz pls how much is a toks 2007 Toyota camry front shocks (1st grade)
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by Durchmann(m): 9:31pm On Oct 05, 2017
Oga Gazzuzz,

Good evening.

I have a problem.

I noticed that my vehicle is just running down it's battery again it's own.

I've even used a battery from another vehicle and after running for a while, same issue happened.

What may be the problem or could it be the alternator is bad now ?
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by diportivo: 9:32pm On Oct 05, 2017
Brillantman:

Lexus RX 300 (2001-2003)
Toyota Camry (2007-2009)

Thank you

the kazeem is a slowpoke

apparently, there's nothing wrong with the first transmission

what's done is done tho

no point crying over spilt milk
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by Durchmann(m): 9:42pm On Oct 05, 2017
Durchmann:
Oga Gazzuzz,

Good evening.

I have a problem.

I noticed that my vehicle is just running down it's battery again it's own.

I've even used a battery from another vehicle and after running for a while, same issue happened.

What may be the problem or could it be the alternator is bad now ?

Meanwhile, rodents have been attacking my vehicle lately.

Could it be that some cables have been munched for dinner? cry
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by olumide4christ: 10:14pm On Oct 05, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

life expectancy is higher on the manual from multiple experiences.

Thanks for your prompt response.

Does this apply to the Peugeot 307 too (both sedan and hatchback)??

Thanks.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by timifakay(m): 11:56pm On Oct 05, 2017
Brillantman:

Thank you

Nothing about scanning to accurately diagnose. That's what went wrong sir.

1 Like

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:05am On Oct 06, 2017
olumide4christ:

Thanks for your prompt response.

Does this apply to the Peugeot 307 too (both sedan and hatchback)??

Thanks.

yes it does.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by jeraw: 2:37pm On Oct 06, 2017
nnamdibig:
Wonderful thread.
So someone blessed me with a honda bullet 1995/96 (Tiger Face) with automatic transmission which was bought as Toks in 2010. So far I have changed the Engine Oil and oil Filter, spark plugs, Gear selector Cable. But there are some issues that I have noticed and they are:

a) Check engine light is showing dashboard
b) ABS light is showing on dashboard
c) SRS light is showing on the dashboard
d) When I put the gear on Drive with my foot depressing the break pedal there is some mild vibration on the steering but when begin to move the
vibration gradually disappears.
e) I can move the Gear from Drive to reverse or even to Park without depress the break pedal.

At a workshop I took it to they suggested changing the following:

1) Front Wheel bearing
2) Ball joint
3) Stabilizer Links
4) Tie rods

(this goes to Luvinhubby)I would love to know the price of the listed items and how much to deliver them to Warri where I reside.

@ Oga Gazzuzz, Kingreign and others please advice me on what to do.
Thanks all.

Pls Oga can you help and tackle this. It was lifted from another thread of yours.
Oga Gazzuzz please epp me ejoor to give your opinion on the quoted post.. e se gan Baba mi.

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:16pm On Oct 06, 2017
jeraw:
Oga Gazzuzz please epp me ejoor to give your opinion on the quoted post.. e se gan Baba mi.

a lot of limitations to what can be done on your car due to its age.

a) Check engine light is showing dashboard
b) ABS light is showing on dashboard
c) SRS light is showing on the dashboard
d) When I put the gear on Drive with my foot depressing the break pedal there is some mild vibration on the steering but when begin to move the
vibration gradually disappears.
e) I can move the Gear from Drive to reverse or even to Park without depress the break pedal.

Powertrain
ABS scan
Airbag scan
Only very old diagnostic tools can scan this vehicle Most technicians (including me) no longer have such equipment.

The inhibitor switch is bad and has been disabled that is why the gear leaver moves freely without depressing the brake pedal.

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by ugreat(m): 8:58pm On Oct 06, 2017
jeraw:
Bros, you can start by scanning the vehicle? I have bullet too. If the check engine light on your dashboard comes on when u put your ignition on, you are a way-ahead. Just did same this evening and theory started making sense to me.
If are the technical type,I can send you the manual if u don't have it. It ll help u alot
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by bigtalla(m): 11:14pm On Oct 06, 2017
Mr Gazzuzz,
Great work you are doing here. I would like to ask your opinion ( a general review, if possible) about Volks wagen passat CC 2012 model.

Thank you.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by menstrualpad: 1:29am On Oct 07, 2017
bigtalla:
Mr Gazzuzz,
Great work you are doing here. I would like to ask your opinion ( a general review, if possible) about Volks wagen passat CC 2012 model.

Thank you.
Trouble dey sleep....yanga go wake am
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by oladimejiX: 1:32am On Oct 07, 2017
Oga Gazzuzz great work you are doing here
Scanned my car Avalon 2001 got the following codes
P0300
P0302
P0306
P0115
P1150
P0171
P0208
Generally the car's performance is not optimal slow response etc.
After going online fuel filter, injector, Nozzle happen to be mentioned as major culprits.

Mechanic also said something about knock sensor (the car makes clanking sound when accelerating)

Please what's your take on what I can immediately fix to get the car performing optimally. Thanks in advance
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by menstrualpad: 1:57am On Oct 07, 2017
Kingreign. I will like to send my cuz to you in Abuja. His Peugeot 406 v6 automatic transmission requires a rebuild. I trust you. Thanks.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by kingreign(m): 2:35am On Oct 07, 2017
menstrualpad:
Kingreign. I will like to send my cuz to you in Abuja. His Peugeot 406 v6 automatic transmission requires a rebuild. I trust you. Thanks.

Sir, pls, don't bother, my firm don't support peugeot repairs anymore.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by ayogabriel(m): 3:01am On Oct 07, 2017
Good morning uncle gazzuz. i use a honda accord 2006. While reversing this afternoon, i noticed a Squealing sound by the front passenger wheel, i am guessing it might be the brake pad. i just changed it about a month ago.Could you advise me from your well of knowledge on this. i Dont want kazeem to do trial and error on it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (407) (Reply)

Free Honda Radio Unlock Codes. Up To Year 2009. K.k Business Asoc. Ltd / Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria / N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.