Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:03 AM

ASK GAZZUZZ - Autos (66) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / ASK GAZZUZZ (614057 Views)

Gazzuzz Autos And Part Store. / When GAZZUZZ takes over - RX350 - The Journey / Gazzuzz Inspected Vehicles (lagos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (407) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:43am On Oct 07, 2017
oladimejiX:
Oga Gazzuzz great work you are doing here
Scanned my car Avalon 2001 got the following codes
P0300
P0302
P0306
P0115
P1150
P0171
P0208
Generally the car's performance is not optimal slow response etc.
After going online fuel filter, injector, Nozzle happen to be mentioned as major culprits.

Mechanic also said something about knock sensor (the car makes clanking sound when accelerating)

Please what's your take on what I can immediately fix to get the car performing optimally. Thanks in advance

P0300
P0302
P0306
These 2 are misfire codes on specific cylinders. Cylinder 2 and 6. For a car this age I will recommend you look in the direction of failing coils. You should not rule out spark plugs and possibly blocked fuel injectors. You should also check fuel pressure.

P0115
Engine coolant temp circuit malfunction. With this code vehicle will have a hard time starting up in the morning. To verify this code run a live scan and check temp readings. If they are fine erase code and watch to see if this code comes back again. If it does, check electrical connections of the sensor, if connections are fine and readings are fine leave sensor alone. If not replace.

P1150
Air fuel ratio circuit performance, B2S1.

Check for leak on exhaust near manifold, check harness for poor electrical connections. If all fine replace O2 sensor B2S1. O2 sensors and AF sensors terms mean same thing.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6070540_capture_jpg_jpeg855945283df7e9d903c89ede50c10e8b

P0171 air fuel mixture, system lean bank 1.

This code could be linked with faulty O2 sensor above, but could also be caused by the misfires, a leaking intake, low fuel pressure, a faulty mass airflow meter.

P0208 this code is not possible on your vehicle. You do not have a cylinder 8.

P0128- I am certain this is the intended code. Basically you do not have a thermostat installed I your coolant housing. Now if this code is correct, then the p0115 might be an electrical glitch or a harness issue.

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by oladimejiX: 9:37am On Oct 07, 2017
Oga Gazzuzz I really appreciate this, thanks a great deal.
Now I have a blueprint of what directives to give this Kazeem of a mechanic. grin
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by ayogabriel(m): 9:56am On Oct 07, 2017
ayogabriel:
Good morning uncle gazzuzz. i use a honda accord 2006. While reversing this afternoon, i noticed a Squealing sound by the front passenger wheel, i am guessing it might be the brake pad. i just changed it about a month ago.Could you advise me from your well of knowledge on this. i Dont want kazeem to do trial and error on it.

Please kindly advice
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:19am On Oct 07, 2017
ayogabriel:

Please kindly advice

ayogabriel:
Good morning uncle gazzuzz. i use a honda accord 2006. While reversing this afternoon, i noticed a Squealing sound by the front passenger wheel, i am guessing it might be the brake pad. i just changed it about a month ago.Could you advise me from your well of knowledge on this. i Dont want kazeem to do trial and error on it.

stiff caliper pins, poor quality brakepads.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by ForcefullBULL: 10:45am On Oct 07, 2017
i recently got Tokunbo 2011 Rav4. Actually the car was used by my brother in the US. So when i received the car i noticed the transmission fluid is black. so i contacted my brother who told me the i should worry that its been like that for many years and he had taken it Toyota who told him the transmission fluid does need replacement till around 100k-120k miles. current mileage is 72k

There are not issues with the transmission but i am just afraid about the colour.

gazzuzz
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:50am On Oct 07, 2017
ForcefullBULL:
i recently got Tokunbo 2011 Rav4. Actually the car was used by my brother in the US. So when i received the car i noticed the transmission fluid is black. so i contacted my brother who told me the i should worry that its been like that for many years and he had taken it Toyota who told him the transmission fluid does need replacement till around 100k-120k miles. current mileage is 72k

There are not issues with the transmission but i am just afraid about the colour.

gazzu.zz

they want you to cross the warranty period then u are on your own. Drain and refill with W.S toyota transmission oil.

2 Likes

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by ForcefullBULL: 11:55am On Oct 07, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

they want you to cross the warranty period then u are on your own. Drain and refill with W.S toyota transmission oil.

Na wa o. I was surprised that Toyota could say that a black transmission fluid is not an indication for a change.I thought that black fluid mean the gear has problems.

What quantity of fluid do i need and how much does it go for.
Aside from oil do i need to the gasket and filter changed?
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:13pm On Oct 07, 2017
ForcefullBULL:

Na wa o. I was surprised that Toyota could say that a black transmission fluid is not an indication for a change.I thought that black fluid mean the gear has problems.

What quantity of fluid do i need and how much does it go for.
Aside from oil do i need to the gasket and filter changed?

5liters. Drain and refil. Then repeat after 2weeks.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by ForcefullBULL: 12:17pm On Oct 07, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

5liters. Drain and refil. Then repeat after 2weeks.

Thank you but no need to change the filter.?
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:26pm On Oct 07, 2017
ForcefullBULL:

Thank you but no need to change the filter.?

do not open the unit.

1 Like

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by scarr: 7:28pm On Oct 07, 2017
GAZZUZZ please do you have any recommended AC repair person in Abuja??
Honda Civic 2003, i think I have a damaged compressor. Thanks
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:40pm On Oct 07, 2017
scarr:
GAZZUZZ please do you have any recommended AC repair person in Abuja??

Honda Civic 2003, i think I have a damaged compressor.
Thanks

sadly I do not know.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by rildwanullahi(m): 12:18pm On Oct 08, 2017
Gazzuz please I need to locate oxygen sensor bank 1 sensor 2. The vehicle is mazda mpv 2000 model, it is consuming fuel and diagnosis brought P0037, I have solved maf issue any other suggestion would be appreciated
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by rildwanullahi(m): 12:21pm On Oct 08, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

P0300
P0302
P0306
These 2 are misfire codes on specific cylinders. Cylinder 2 and 6. For a car this age I will recommend you look in the direction of failing coils. You should not rule out spark plugs and possibly blocked fuel injectors. You should also check fuel pressure.

P0115
Engine coolant temp circuit malfunction. With this code vehicle will have a hard time starting up in the morning. To verify this code run a live scan and check temp readings. If they are fine erase code and watch to see if this code comes back again. If it does, check electrical connections of the sensor, if connections are fine and readings are fine leave sensor alone. If not replace.

P1150
Air fuel ratio circuit performance, B2S1.

Check for leak on exhaust near manifold, check harness for poor electrical connections. If all fine replace O2 sensor B2S1. O2 sensors and AF sensors terms mean same thing.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6070540_capture_jpg_jpeg855945283df7e9d903c89ede50c10e8b

P0171 air fuel mixture, system lean bank 1.

This code could be linked with faulty O2 sensor above, but could also be caused by the misfires, a leaking intake, low fuel pressure, a faulty mass airflow meter.

P0208 this code is not possible on your vehicle. You do not have a cylinder 8.

P0128- I am certain this is the intended code. Basically you do not have a thermostat installed I your coolant housing. Now if this code is correct, then the p0115 might be an electrical glitch or a harness issue.

how can I check electrical connections and readings
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:32pm On Oct 08, 2017
rildwanullahi:
how can I check electrical connections and readings

read the required books. Buy the required equipment.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by ak22(m): 2:02pm On Oct 08, 2017
Happy Sunday Mr GAZZUZZ
Please what type of a used millennium car that you can advice a new car owner to buy in time of everything fuel , maintenance , durability and others thanks and am wat for you experience reply
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:27pm On Oct 08, 2017
ak22:
Happy Sunday Mr GAZZUZZ
Please what type of a used millennium car that you can advice a new car owner to buy in time of everything fuel , maintenance , durability and others thanks and am wat for you experience reply

this post is vague. Add more info.

The primary use of vehicle

Number of regular occupants

Your financial budget

Transmission type preferable

Driving habits

Your TERRAIN

Your geographic location

Your height.

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by FreshMekanik: 3:47pm On Oct 08, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

read the required books. Buy the required equipment.

Recommend some for me.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by ak22(m): 4:10pm On Oct 08, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

this post is vague. Add more info.

The primary use of vehicle

Number of regular occupants

Your financial budget

Transmission type preferable

Driving habits

Your TERRAIN

Your geographic location

Your height.

To church and market place and travel from ondo state to Lagos at times
4 to 5 people to at times
350/750k
prefer auto but I can drive both
Good
Normal
5.7ht thanks sir
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by gbzed(m): 10:34pm On Oct 08, 2017
Oga at the top @Gazzuzz, please which would you recommend between the two cars.

Toyota solara 2008 convertible

Toyota camry 010 direct SE.

It's going to be my first car.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by feedapet: 10:41pm On Oct 08, 2017
Gazzuzz, recommend a Lexus mechanic around amuwo Odofin/ festac axis.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:48pm On Oct 08, 2017
gbzed:
Oga at the top @Gazzuzz, please which would you recommend between the two cars.

Toyota solara 2008 convertible

Toyota camry 010 direct SE.

It's going to be my first car.

do the Camry.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:50pm On Oct 08, 2017
feedapet:

run thru cartalk. No more recommendations from me.

2 Likes

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by gbzed(m): 10:58pm On Oct 08, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

do the Camry.

Thanks sir, but does the solara give frequent problems cos if I buy the camry my tight buddy is gonna go for the solara he's just waiting for me to make my choice, so is there anything he needs to know before buying it?
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by Ishilove: 11:01pm On Oct 08, 2017
feedapet:
https://www.nairaland.com/4103824/disclaimer

grin
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:17pm On Oct 08, 2017
ak22:

To church and market place and travel from ondo state to Lagos at times
4 to 5 people to at times
350/750k
prefer auto but I can drive both
Good
Normal
5.7ht thanks sir

mercerdes Benz w202 c class

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:21pm On Oct 08, 2017
gbzed:

Thanks sir, but does the solara give frequent problems cos if I buy the camry my tight buddy is gonna go for the solara he's just waiting for me to make my choice, so is there anything he needs to know before buying it?

roof jam.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:24pm On Oct 08, 2017
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by ak22(m): 8:12am On Oct 09, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

mercerdes Benz w202 c class

Thanks a lot .but why not any Toyota sir ?
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by gbzed(m): 8:33am On Oct 09, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

roof jam.

Okay, thanks sir
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by gbzed(m): 8:33am On Oct 09, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

roof jam.

Okay, thanks sir.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:41am On Oct 09, 2017
ak22:

Thanks a lot .but why not any Toyota sir ?

your budget. Toyta milleniun cars (used naija) will not fit budget.

Your height will not fit small 1.5- 1.8 liter cars(terrible leg room)

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (407) (Reply)

Free Honda Radio Unlock Codes. Up To Year 2009. K.k Business Asoc. Ltd / Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria / N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.