Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,507 members, 7,826,920 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

Toyota Corolla Snatched At Gunpoint In Abuja - Autos (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Toyota Corolla Snatched At Gunpoint In Abuja (44828 Views)

My Toyota Corolla 2006 Was Snatched At Gunpoint In Abuja / Help! My Toyota Camry 2007 Stolen At Gunpoint In Abuja / Car Snatched At Gunpoint In My House In Ogun (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Toyota Corolla Snatched At Gunpoint In Abuja by johnmario50(m): 7:40am On Apr 16, 2017
this Recession.. guys are not smiling
Re: Toyota Corolla Snatched At Gunpoint In Abuja by Truepee(m): 7:41am On Apr 16, 2017
KMC85JQ did na look like booking code
Re: Toyota Corolla Snatched At Gunpoint In Abuja by gameboyo: 8:01am On Apr 16, 2017
bettercreature:
Tired of you people! If you can not afford tracker for christ sake,ENGRAVE THE CAR WITH JUST 1000 NAIRA
No Thief in this world can still Engraved car!
You better run to the nearest police station to help you to radio their headquarters

TELL me about engrave
Re: Toyota Corolla Snatched At Gunpoint In Abuja by Chpstcks(m): 8:07am On Apr 16, 2017
OK I think I need to put this out there. 90% of what we see on Olx are a set-up. I will ask a few questions and let you piece the rest together
1.) Was the car cheaper than the normal market price?
2.) An agreement was done and did the buyer provide his residential address?
3.) I know it was snatched at gun point but were the spare keys handed over to you?
4.) Did he ask the seller for the details of the tracker installed?

This was a heist [/b]in my opinion[b] the car probably has a tracker installed, was sold cheap and they (crooks) had an idea of where to look for it.
After observing your movement for 2days and knowing where to find the car. They set up the road block. #my2cents.

Ideally each time I purchase a car, I use a contact address maybe work address or better still my village address.

Whoever you purchase the car from knowing the car is going to your village won't bother coming for it. #tip

1 Like

Re: Toyota Corolla Snatched At Gunpoint In Abuja by EmmyDe25(m): 8:41am On Apr 16, 2017
Phrankin:
Don't mind the guy, by engraving, he means the practice that our fore fathers used to do by etching the registration number or chassis number of the car on the windows and the wind shield. This makes it very difficult to sell the car if you need to. Better to install a car tracker. Besides, etching does not necessarily prevent your car from being robbed.
Thanks man...for providing the downside. I'd work on getting a tracker.
Re: Toyota Corolla Snatched At Gunpoint In Abuja by ExInferis(m): 8:42am On Apr 16, 2017
What was your friend doing out by 2am?
Re: Toyota Corolla Snatched At Gunpoint In Abuja by Esepayne(f): 9:16am On Apr 16, 2017
Go and ask the person that sold the car
Re: Toyota Corolla Snatched At Gunpoint In Abuja by Alphamale2017(m): 10:33am On Apr 16, 2017
dillinger:
Please help rebroadcast!!!
Vehicle snatched at Dutse/Kubwa express, Abuja earlier today around 2:00am
Model :Toyota Corolla
Model. 2009
chasis number: 2T1BU4OE59CO89843
Plate number: KMC85JQ
Color: Blue
Please help rebroadcast as vehicle belongs to a friend and bought just 2 days ago... I beg you ALL
If You Have Any Information Leading it's discovery... call 08039271438 or 08035540279.

Thanks!!!
i like the car sha, e fine small , pls do u have an idea how much he bought it ? I really like to know., op tell your friend he should invite the police to interogate the guy that sold it to him. That is if he bought from another person and not directly. But one thing is certain, the guy should be prayerful becos there is an enemy within
Re: Toyota Corolla Snatched At Gunpoint In Abuja by dokiOloye(m): 12:08pm On Apr 16, 2017
menstrualpad:

I am not moved. Anyone with a mustard seed size of sense will NOT be caught driving such a vehicle at 2am
Na wa for U and your group with this una type of reasoning.
Did he buy d car to serve him or for him to serve d car?
Blame d thieves and not d victim.
There are hundreds of costlier cars on d road from midnight to daybreak in this same Abuja.
Re: Toyota Corolla Snatched At Gunpoint In Abuja by menstrualpad: 12:09pm On Apr 16, 2017
dokiOloye:
Na wa for U and your group with this una type of reasoning.
Did he buy d car to serve him or for him to serve d car?
Blame d thieves and not d victim.
There are hundreds of costlier cars on d road from midnight to daybreak in this same Abuja.
In Abuja. .... No normal person should be moving around without protection at that time. Especially with a VERY hot car.

Re: Toyota Corolla Snatched At Gunpoint In Abuja by dokiOloye(m): 12:14pm On Apr 16, 2017
bettercreature:
Go and meet those who are doing it to help you engrave the plate number on all the glasses,aloy and mirrors
No thief in the world can steal your car,it cost just 1000/1500
Pls enlighten me.
Engraving is done only on glasses,windscreens and door handles,how does that prevent a car from being stolen?
Can't d thief change those and still sell d car or even butcher d car and sell as used parts?
Re: Toyota Corolla Snatched At Gunpoint In Abuja by menstrualpad: 12:15pm On Apr 16, 2017
dokiOloye:
Pls enlighten me.
Engraving is done only on glasses,windscreens and door handles,how does that prevent a car from being stolen?
Can't d thief change those and still sell d car or even butcher d car and sell as used parts?
Now you're making sense. Those cars can be butchered​ in minutes... Forget engraving
Re: Toyota Corolla Snatched At Gunpoint In Abuja by Fisocoded(m): 12:32pm On Apr 16, 2017
kingreign:
[s]second this motion. Arrest the sellers bro[/s]

Edited: at this point, I absolve the sellers of any blame cos the driver of that must have been in Nigeria, heard and read about the incessant cases of car jacking especially Toyota corolla which is a red hot target for thieves. Yet, a car purchased barely a week is being driven at 2AM on a desolate high way angry

one thing i love about Nairaland is dat there are people who thinks exactly d way i think here God bless ur brain bro gracia!!!
Re: Toyota Corolla Snatched At Gunpoint In Abuja by bettercreature(m): 1:18pm On Apr 16, 2017
dokiOloye:
Pls enlighten me.
When they steal a car,they always remove the number immediately and throw it away,in some cases they might put another number.Police would find them before they get to their destination if they ever steal engraved car because it wont be possible to remove the number from the glasses and other places immediately, beside! Nobody would buy a part with engraved number so its not possible to butcher it
Once police radio the headquarters,the headquarters will radio all the stations in Nigeria authorizing them to block few roads.
You will engrave the glasses,lights alloys,engine and so on
No one ever steal engraved car it's simply impossible,thief always look out for it before they steal a car
Re: Toyota Corolla Snatched At Gunpoint In Abuja by Nobody: 11:22am On Apr 17, 2017

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Toyota Corolla Snatched At Gunpoint In Abuja by gwng: 7:39pm On Apr 17, 2017
Install a tracker FOR ONLY #27,000 and ensure you can recover your vehicle in the event of theft. 09053629992.

1 Like

Re: Toyota Corolla Snatched At Gunpoint In Abuja by 400billionman: 1:18pm On Apr 29, 2017
dillinger:

Amen, pls help share the post
Check the car dealer.
Perhaps he took back his vehicle.
2 a.m. doing what ?
Re: Toyota Corolla Snatched At Gunpoint In Abuja by 400billionman: 1:21pm On Apr 29, 2017
festaclanre:
investigate the seller bro

They did something similar to me.

The seller told me his boy would drive the bus to my house for me. I just mumu agree.

The same week, they came and burgled the bus and took everything inside it away.

It was parked inside my walled gated compound if not, they might have driven it away.
Re: Toyota Corolla Snatched At Gunpoint In Abuja by 400billionman: 1:24pm On Apr 29, 2017
dillinger:
It was actually snatched at a road block assumed to be Nigerian police not knowing it was robbers

Nah them.

Car sellers dey get monitoring spirit.

Carry police go arrest them sharp sharp..
Re: Toyota Corolla Snatched At Gunpoint In Abuja by Tapout(m): 6:59pm On Jun 18, 2017
dillinger:
http://punchng.com/robbers-disguise-as-policemen-snatch-car-in-kubwa/

Just came across this thread... Thank God for the recovery cool
Re: Toyota Corolla Snatched At Gunpoint In Abuja by pakingzzzzz(m): 2:11pm On Feb 03, 2018
EmmyDe25:

Engrave how please. kindly clarify. My car doesn't have tracker and everyday i read about cars getting snatched at gun point.

At Kingtech, we get your car installed with the latest car tracker device. This device uses the latest security algorithm to pinpoint your car at the slightest request. It displays all the information from speed, location, waypoints and depth from sea level.
Email us at kingsleyobinna26@yahoo.com
Or call; 0,9,0,2,9,3,6,5,0,8,3

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2014 Model Benz S550 4matic Toks Full Option Selling Cheap / China Unveils 26-Storeys Automated Garage To Stop Street Parking (Photos) / Save your time and money with Auctionexport PROMOTIONS!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.