Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,802 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

Newly Employed Driver Absconds With His Boss' Car In Surulere, Lagos (Photo) - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Newly Employed Driver Absconds With His Boss' Car In Surulere, Lagos (Photo) (32411 Views)

Driver Absconds With Boss’ Car In Ibadan, Arrested In Akwa Ibom (photo) / Man Raises Alarm As 28-year-old Driver Absconds With His Car. Photos / Driver Absconds With Brown Acura Day After Resuming Work At Park View (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Newly Employed Driver Absconds With His Boss' Car In Surulere, Lagos (Photo) by alizma: 2:09pm On Apr 16, 2017
andyanders:
How can you first employ someone without getting proper verification? The employer is to be blamed. Police has even said it that you have to make sure you verify any house maids,drivers or any domestic workers before engaging them

So you have to carry your burden because you are at fault.
oga sincerely I want you to make enquiries about 5drivers you know around you and you will be surprised that at least 3 of them have their details unverified. this is a very common mistake we do.
Re: Newly Employed Driver Absconds With His Boss' Car In Surulere, Lagos (Photo) by donfineboi: 2:13pm On Apr 16, 2017
AntiWailer:

By there I meant the situation that warranted her getting a driver.

As for u being my mate, until we jam for a side and the first person run home grin

Lagos can be a mad place to cope especially when you combine work pressure with studies.

You just want to maximize every time you have so you can meet up.

She might choose to read in the 2 hours traffic and I dnt think that is a problem if she can afford it.

The main problem is the bastard who ran away with the car not the person who created a job opportunity.

The main problem is the trend many Nigerian ladies are embracing. When they become fortunate with some wealth they feel they deserve some sense of royalty....

She has no obligation moral, social or political to create jobs for the unemployed. If she drove herself......You do the math. Others can learn from this... or learn the hard way, which is more costly.

A word is enough for the wise
Re: Newly Employed Driver Absconds With His Boss' Car In Surulere, Lagos (Photo) by babeface3: 2:13pm On Apr 16, 2017
You are a sanctimonious fool. Uncivilised idio.t
Coolgent:
Dont u heard a lots of crimes committed by Chukuma Ndukwe's tribe worldwide, why must u employ one of them.
cry
Re: Newly Employed Driver Absconds With His Boss' Car In Surulere, Lagos (Photo) by armadeo(m): 2:46pm On Apr 16, 2017
AntiWailer:

Really ?

Do u know her daily work load ?

You just post on Nairaland for posting sake.

You will soon get there too and understand why you should not post rubbish.

Now I believe that so many small jamb children on nairaland. Can you imagine the statement.
Re: Newly Employed Driver Absconds With His Boss' Car In Surulere, Lagos (Photo) by armadeo(m): 2:51pm On Apr 16, 2017
donfineboi:

The main problem is the trend many Nigerian ladies are embracing. When they become fortunate with some wealth they feel they deserve some sense of royalty....

She has no obligation moral, social or political to create jobs for the unemployed. If she drove herself......You do the math. Others can learn from this... or learn the hard way, which is more costly.

A word is enough for the wise

I disagree. There's nothing wrong in getting a driver if she could afford it. Is for her own comfort and providing a source of income for another person.

She was just unlucky.

Ps I can swear that many people shouting tracker don't have bicycles.
Re: Newly Employed Driver Absconds With His Boss' Car In Surulere, Lagos (Photo) by Tinyemeka(m): 2:55pm On Apr 16, 2017
Coolgent:
Dont u heard a lots of crimes committed by Chukuma Ndukwe's tribe worldwide, why must u employ one of them.
cry
They said details supplied by the driver were all invalid, yet you still insist that he's name is Chukwuma Ndukwe.

Oya turn ya nyash and collect 6 lashes of the cane. Shege dan burauba!
Re: Newly Employed Driver Absconds With His Boss' Car In Surulere, Lagos (Photo) by donfineboi: 6:12pm On Apr 16, 2017
armadeo:

I disagree. There's nothing wrong in getting a driver if she could afford it. Is for her own comfort and providing a source of income for another person.

She was just unlucky.

Ps I can swear that many people shouting tracker don't have bicycles.

And many other young lazy minded folks will remain unlucky if they continue to follow this trend.
Anyway its your opinion and you are entitled to it. The most important thing is her a case will serve as a lesson to others.
The wise will adhere and the unwise wont.

The criminal would have seen how vunerable she was and he took advantage of it.
Re: Newly Employed Driver Absconds With His Boss' Car In Surulere, Lagos (Photo) by chigo003(m): 7:16pm On Apr 16, 2017
Nigeria Association of name checkers on the move. Yoruba and Ndi Ugwu 1-0 Nyamiri
Re: Newly Employed Driver Absconds With His Boss' Car In Surulere, Lagos (Photo) by mechanics(m): 8:46pm On Apr 16, 2017
they should track his mobile line.
Re: Newly Employed Driver Absconds With His Boss' Car In Surulere, Lagos (Photo) by gwng: 7:26pm On Apr 17, 2017
thegreengooner:
The mistake here was allowing the driver to handle the vehicle without completing all investigations and background checks.

For all of you screaming blue murder over trackers...your time will come....tracker wey dem fit remove.

Before it is removed, the vehicle would likely have been recovered. In fact you can DISABLE THE CAR WHILE IT IS BEING DRIVEN AWAY. The first concern of ANY THIEF WHO STEALS A CAR IS NOT HOW TO CHECK/REMOVE A TRACKER IN THE CAR, BUT RATHER HOW TO GET IT TO A 'SAFE' PLACE. With appropriate security help, a vehicle CAN BE RECOVERED SAME NIGHT ITS STOLEN OR A DAY AFTER (THAT IS IF THE OWNER IS NOT ABLE TO DISABLE THE CAR WHILE IT IS BEING DRIVEN AWAY).

We install trackers: 09053629992.
Re: Newly Employed Driver Absconds With His Boss' Car In Surulere, Lagos (Photo) by gwng: 7:32pm On Apr 17, 2017
thegreengooner:

I'm assuming you are unaware that installing a tracker voids your warranty. This is especially crucial if it's a brand new vehicle.

The most important thing you require is comprehensive insurance. Save yourself the stress of looking for the car...

EVEN 'COMPREHENSIVE INSURANCE' COMPANIES INSTALL TRACKERS. grin grin

A stolen vehicle can be DISABLED WHILE IT IS BEING DRIVEN AWAY. The first concern of ANY THIEF WHO STEALS A CAR IS NOT HOW TO CHECK/REMOVE A TRACKER IN THE CAR, BUT RATHER HOW TO GET IT TO A 'SAFE' PLACE. With appropriate security help, a vehicle CAN BE RECOVERED SAME NIGHT ITS STOLEN OR A DAY AFTER (THAT IS IF THE OWNER IS NOT ABLE TO DISABLE THE CAR WHILE IT IS BEING DRIVEN AWAY).

We install trackers for #27K ONLY: 09053629992.
Re: Newly Employed Driver Absconds With His Boss' Car In Surulere, Lagos (Photo) by thegreengooner(m): 9:26am On Apr 18, 2017
gwng:

EVEN 'COMPREHENSIVE INSURANCE' COMPANIES INSTALL TRACKERS. grin grin

A stolen vehicle can be DISABLED WHILE IT IS BEING DRIVEN AWAY. The first concern of ANY THIEF WHO STEALS A CAR IS NOT HOW TO CHECK/REMOVE A TRACKER IN THE CAR, BUT RATHER HOW TO GET IT TO A 'SAFE' PLACE. With appropriate security help, a vehicle CAN BE RECOVERED SAME NIGHT ITS STOLEN OR A DAY AFTER (THAT IS IF THE OWNER IS NOT ABLE TO DISABLE THE CAR WHILE IT IS BEING DRIVEN AWAY).

We install trackers for #27K ONLY: 09053629992.

I've never had my insurance company install trackers...it is not within the remit of their responsibility. They are simply trying to avoid paying out should any claims arise.

1 Like

Re: Newly Employed Driver Absconds With His Boss' Car In Surulere, Lagos (Photo) by ZenithMan24: 6:00pm On Aug 15, 2020
AntiWailer:

Don't talk like dt.

You can verify and he will still disappear. You will arrest his guarantors but ur car is still no where to be found.

Could there be an insurance policy that covers this kind of liability ? As in if ones driver absconds with his car
Re: Newly Employed Driver Absconds With His Boss' Car In Surulere, Lagos (Photo) by AntiWailer: 6:23pm On Aug 15, 2020
ZenithMan24:

Could there be an insurance policy that covers this kind of liability ? As in if ones driver absconds with his car

A simple theft insurance will do which I guess comes with comprehensive insurance .
Re: Newly Employed Driver Absconds With His Boss' Car In Surulere, Lagos (Photo) by omimigaius(m): 1:48pm On Aug 16, 2020
[quote author=Amoyinoluwa24 post=55602556]According to an Instagram user, her friend's newly employed driver fled with his boss' car this evening at Surulere, Lagos state.

She wrote; "Guys, please assist to broadcast urgently. My friend's mint green venza with registration number LSR 301 BP was taken away by her newly employed driver at Surulere this evening. All the details he provided had not been verified prior to this time and happen to be invalid as we speak. Attached is his picture and drivers license"

What do you expect? There's a big problem with private car owners in need of drivers. They want the driver to have 5years experience and above, work from 7am to 7pm, take the boss to work, bring children back from school, take the wife to market and salon, buy fuel for their generator at home, all in this Lagos traffic, yet they would not want to pay more than #35k or 40k and no overtime. The worst is that they are too busy to do background checks on the driver. Some bosses want two guarantors with properties in lagos, yet they want to pay 40k.
If you can't pay the driver upto 60k -70k don't look for one, especially the experienced ones upto 6-8years, it's outright slavery.
I hope they will see the car and question the driver.
Re: Newly Employed Driver Absconds With His Boss' Car In Surulere, Lagos (Photo) by Ijawwomaninoyo: 9:30pm On Aug 16, 2020
Obviously that employer is not on Nairaland.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Was Chasing Clout - Lady Who Tweeted That She Was Being Kidnapped, Raped / Court Sentences Ex-Soldier John Gabriel To Death By Hanging Over Aisami Murder / Three University Graduates, Others Rob, Snatch Vehicles For Livelihood (Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.