Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,468 members, 7,819,710 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:29 PM

My Kazeem Said They Have Replaced Power Steering Oil With Engine Oil - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Kazeem Said They Have Replaced Power Steering Oil With Engine Oil (14589 Views)

Why Is Camry 2004 Power Steering Oil Dropping When I Park / Turn Your Kazeem To A Gazzuzz or A Radautoworks. Thread For Broke Car Owners. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Kazeem Said They Have Replaced Power Steering Oil With Engine Oil by chukel(m): 10:17am On Apr 17, 2017
numericalguy:

Mr. Op, you are a foolish anti Islamic bigot. Kazeem is a fine Muslim name with dignity, why should you call your mechanic Kazeem.
receive sense. Wanted to scold you but decided to check you out first. As soon as I saw your thread stating what Nigerian youths can learn from Dino melaye, I just placed you where you belong. Hence, my opening statement, receive sense

1 Like

Re: My Kazeem Said They Have Replaced Power Steering Oil With Engine Oil by chukel(m): 10:47am On Apr 17, 2017
numericalguy:

Mr. Bigoted f00l. Your hate will not take you anywhere in life. I really pity your burning heart fueled by hate. People like you don't live long because their hearts usually bust due to too much hatred.

You hate Muslims, you hate Dino. Who else don't you hate because I'm sure you also hate your neighbours too.

Let me give you an advice, try to cure yourself of this your ailement before it consumes you totally.

You also broke Nairaland rules where you are not allowed to humiliate or embarrass anyone. I demand you tender an unreserved apology to all Muslims emediately.
any sane mind can discern the post that has so much hate between mine and yours. You bear so much animosity considering how religious you are trying to paint yourself. All you wrote above applies to you.
Re: My Kazeem Said They Have Replaced Power Steering Oil With Engine Oil by numericalguy(m): 10:50am On Apr 17, 2017
chukel:
any sane mind can discern the post that has so much hate between mine and yours. You bear so much animosity considering how religious you are trying to paint yourself. All you wrote above applies to you.

I know your type, you derive pleasure in making others unhappy. How do you expect all those who bear the mane Kazeem to feel knowing that you and your type think they are all mechanics.

I demand you tender an unreserved apology to all Kazeems and Muslims because Kazeem is a good Muslim name with dignity. You can't come on a faceless forum to insult or humiliate a people just because you are a frustrated soul.
Re: My Kazeem Said They Have Replaced Power Steering Oil With Engine Oil by zelaws: 10:52am On Apr 17, 2017
Op, this depend on the type of car. I once had Landrover Freelander with power steering issue. The oil leaks from the rack and to reduce the oil cost before repairs I used black oil in replacement of the power steering oil. This I did for over a year before changing the damaged rack.
I can't do that to the car I am using now.
Re: My Kazeem Said They Have Replaced Power Steering Oil With Engine Oil by chukel(m): 10:57am On Apr 17, 2017
numericalguy:

I know your type, you derive pleasure in making others unhappy. How do you expect all those who bear the mane Kazeem to feel knowing that you and your type think they are all mechanics.

I demand you tender an unreserved apology to all Kazeems and Muslims because Kazeem is a good Muslim name with dignity. You can't come on a faceless forum to insult or humiliate a people just because you are a frustrated soul.
I advice you to watch it. You are gradually heading for the lagoon. Your animosity can't even let u see I'm not the OP. You are really a frustrated fanatic. Muslim ko, Muslim ni. U go quench waiting for apology.

1 Like

Re: My Kazeem Said They Have Replaced Power Steering Oil With Engine Oil by numericalguy(m): 11:03am On Apr 17, 2017
chukel:
I advice you to watch it. You are gradually heading for the lagoon. Your animosity can't even let u see I'm not the OP. You are really a frustrated fanatic. Muslim ko, Muslim ni. U go quench waiting for apology.

You are not the OP, yet you are already suicidal and even considering drinking poison or jumping inside the lagoon for the OP. News flash: the world will not miss you st00pid bigot.
Re: My Kazeem Said They Have Replaced Power Steering Oil With Engine Oil by amutta: 11:14am On Apr 17, 2017
Thank God for topics likes this. Now I understand one of the reasons for road accidents on the highway.
First, let's get it straight. Oil(engine oil, brake oil, etc.) are not interchangeable. NO, not at all. They've got their individual specification, grade, viscocity and usefulness. In applications where fluidity (free flow) is required. Thin oils are used. While thicker oils are used in high friction/resistance applications. It is never interchangeable. No matter what temporary gain it may bring. You are exposing your vehicle to more damage and mostly importantly people's lives. I strongly advice never accept such ill advise. It pays to follow recommendations.
08060270948, Feel free to hola me for more tips. Thank you.
Re: My Kazeem Said They Have Replaced Power Steering Oil With Engine Oil by justhenry(m): 11:52am On Apr 17, 2017
numericalguy:

Kazeem is a good Muslim name with dignity. Anti Islamic bigots like you use it as a subtle way to humiliate Muslims.
how did i offend you nigga? I only offered explanation to some fella who needed clarification. Go ask ur brothers why they coined every mechanic "kazeem". Pls dont mention me here agan.

1 Like

Re: My Kazeem Said They Have Replaced Power Steering Oil With Engine Oil by Meetleader: 12:16pm On Apr 17, 2017
galadima77:
Personally I saw a pickup driver use water for break oil...

HahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahH
Re: My Kazeem Said They Have Replaced Power Steering Oil With Engine Oil by Meetleader: 12:18pm On Apr 17, 2017
makavele:
The engine oil is thicker than the power steering fluid;
hence, it will leak out at a very slow rate . . . could take months to too off . . .
however, kiss the power steering pump goodbye !
It will be changed eventually
h

The voice of an engineer...
Re: My Kazeem Said They Have Replaced Power Steering Oil With Engine Oil by Nobody: 12:33pm On Apr 17, 2017
cmon:

hahaha.... didn't know this. But he was like "Oga, na wetin we dey use now oh...". He didn't even give a tangible reason why. Good to know the real science behind the use of engine oil. BTW, it's a camry 03. I doubt this would work for Merc. Or does it?

Heard Oando's ATF is actually the best out there.

Oando ATF ko Abro ni. What happened to actually buying power steering fluid? These atf's have negative effect on the stering rack. I learned the hard way with my 2005 Honda Accord, changed rack 2 times. When I finally changed the car to another Honda product (kinda like hondas) i decided never ever to put any atf or any other oil for that matter into my power steering and power steering system has been fantastic.

Re: My Kazeem Said They Have Replaced Power Steering Oil With Engine Oil by makavele: 12:58pm On Apr 17, 2017
erico2k2:

Wrong . When at max temp the Engine oil is next to steam . It's lighter than water . .The power steering pump generates heat fru friction hence it's fluid needs cooling . Now ppwer steering fluids cool faster than Engine Oil .
So there is no benefit to it.yoyr car will pack up sooner than later . You won't only damage the pump or the rack U will kill the return pipes as well .

theoretical NOT practical
as it wasn't been done for the cooling effect . . .
it was done for the viscosity effect !
Re: My Kazeem Said They Have Replaced Power Steering Oil With Engine Oil by makavele: 1:07pm On Apr 17, 2017
emerich:

My brother the Mech just saved you an extra cost, my steering rack was faulty, as a result leaked terribly, costing me #900 on a weekly basis buying power steering fluid, not until my Kazeem friend gave me the idea of using changed gear box fluid, that did d magic for me, saved me a lot of money pending when I changed the steering rack.

At this point; u will have to change:

- steering rack
- power steering pump
- supply and return hoses

else; you are back to ground zero
Re: My Kazeem Said They Have Replaced Power Steering Oil With Engine Oil by numericalguy(m): 1:36pm On Apr 17, 2017
justhenry:
how did i offend you nigga? I only offered explanation to some fella who needed clarification. Go ask ur brothers why they coined every mechanic "kazeem". Pls dont mention me here agan.

You are a case of extreme dumbness. So because other people are ritualists, you also decide to be a ritualist.

Your explanation just shows how dumb you are and ignorance (or even rare dumbness such as yours) is not an excuse.

I still demand an unreserved apology to all Inocent and law abiding people named Kazeem.
Re: My Kazeem Said They Have Replaced Power Steering Oil With Engine Oil by numericalguy(m): 1:38pm On Apr 17, 2017
justhenry:

You are a case of extreme bigotry and dumbness. So because other people are ritualists, you also decide to be a ritualist.

Your explanation just shows how dumb you are and ignorance (or even rare dumbness such as yours) is not an excuse.

I still demand an unreserved apology to all Inocent and law abiding people named Kazeem.
Re: My Kazeem Said They Have Replaced Power Steering Oil With Engine Oil by Mojibola(m): 1:38pm On Apr 17, 2017
lonelydora:

Those 404 pickup can use water mixed with detergent as brake fluid and the brake will still hold. Do not try this in 21st century

I have had to use water as brake oil before. In the middle of nowhere, brake had issues, had to have a random mechanic fix it. No brake oil to buy within 30km.

Its not advisable, its not professional. Some solutions are just to get you to a proper place to have the issue fixed. and you have to be extremely careful while driving, preferably driven by an experienced person.

Do you know you can drive a manual transmission without clutch without ruining the tranny?...like I said, some solutions are just to get you to where the issue can be fixed. no more than that!

1 Like

Re: My Kazeem Said They Have Replaced Power Steering Oil With Engine Oil by lonelydora: 1:47pm On Apr 17, 2017
Mojibola:

I have had to use water as brake oil before. In the middle of nowhere, brake had issues, had to have a random mechanic fix it. No brake oil to buy within 30km.

Its not advisable, its not professional. Some solutions are just to get you to a proper place to have the issue fixed. and you have to be extremely careful while driving, preferably driven by an experienced person.

Do you know you can drive a manual transmission without clutch without ruining the tranny?...like I said, some solutions are just to get you to where the issue can be fixed. no more than that!

I have done this many times.
Re: My Kazeem Said They Have Replaced Power Steering Oil With Engine Oil by erico2k2(m): 2:39pm On Apr 17, 2017
makavele:

theoretical NOT practical
as it wasn't been done for the cooling effect . . .
it was done for the viscosity effect !
What was?
Re: My Kazeem Said They Have Replaced Power Steering Oil With Engine Oil by Shaballantin(m): 2:43pm On Apr 17, 2017
lonelydora:

Those 404 pickup can use water mixed with detergent as brake fluid and the brake will still hold. Do not try this in 21st century
hahahahaaaaa bros doz pickup guys own nobe here at all, dem no de even get brake sef,their hustle d funny die

1 Like

Re: My Kazeem Said They Have Replaced Power Steering Oil With Engine Oil by spookydee(m): 2:54pm On Apr 17, 2017
my mechanic uses gear oil as power steering oil and vice versa...
I tire o
Re: My Kazeem Said They Have Replaced Power Steering Oil With Engine Oil by litaninja(m): 3:45pm On Apr 17, 2017
This is how these roadside guys cost people money in the long run and even cost some people their lives.
These fluids all have specifications and reasons for a particular application.
Your rack is faulty, get it fixed. The pump can probably be replaced along with associated hoses, seals, e.t.c.
Sludge will form in one part now, lock up the steering & people will blame witches in the village, whose only joy is to dance peacefully under banana tree at night.....
Oga, don't risk ur life and lives of others, park your car till u can afford to fix it properly.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mazda Unveils Vision Coupe Concept Car At 2017 Tokyo Motor Show / VW Jetta 2010 Or Toyota Camry 2010 / Help: 2010 Avalon Vs 08/09 Mercedes E350

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.