Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,809 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:41 PM

Accept Tribunal Ruling In Good Faith, Oba Of Benin Urges Ize-iyamu - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Accept Tribunal Ruling In Good Faith, Oba Of Benin Urges Ize-iyamu (18592 Views)

INEC Reacts To Tribunal Ruling On Diri's Sack,says ANDP Candidate Was Ineligible / Bayelsa Election Tribunal Ruling : Seriake Dickson Urges For Calm / Imo PDP Condemns Ruling In Favour Of Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Accept Tribunal Ruling In Good Faith, Oba Of Benin Urges Ize-iyamu by ephi123(f): 1:27pm On Apr 16, 2017
donmalcolm21:
young man you can choose your friends and get satisfied with your choice

Some people are not mentally balanced on this Nairaland, I don't bother engaging such people. I leave them to continue demonstrating on the thread, solo madness on display grin

1 Like

Re: Accept Tribunal Ruling In Good Faith, Oba Of Benin Urges Ize-iyamu by Qmerit(m): 1:28pm On Apr 16, 2017
[[s]quote author=osemoses1234 post=55613893]Oba don high I dey my hus make una cum fight me[/quote][/s]

The hunger is real
Re: Accept Tribunal Ruling In Good Faith, Oba Of Benin Urges Ize-iyamu by ogunsj: 1:30pm On Apr 16, 2017
Chuukwudi:

One Afonja spotted. We IPOB are more truthful than you guys! If he likes, let him go to the Supreme Court, it's none of your business!

Oba has no right in asking one not to pursue justice.

Nonsense!!!
my friend respect yourself. we respect our oba, your ize iyamu inclusive. oba of Benin is not like your igwe or obi that can be bought with money. ask any edo person oba word is final. oba of Benin controls whosoever in Benin kingdom the governor inclusive not like your enclave where your oba bows down to your baby governors. let ize iyamu defies oba advice his political career is finished in edo state.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Accept Tribunal Ruling In Good Faith, Oba Of Benin Urges Ize-iyamu by ephi123(f): 1:35pm On Apr 16, 2017
Isn't the Oba meant to be non-partisan?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Accept Tribunal Ruling In Good Faith, Oba Of Benin Urges Ize-iyamu by seguno2: 1:35pm On Apr 16, 2017
ogunsj:
my friend respect yourself. we respect our oba, your ize iyamu inclusive. oba of Benin is not like your igwe or obi that can be bought with money. ask any edo person oba word is final. oba of Benin controls whosoever in Benin kingdom the governor inclusive not like your enclave where your oba bows down to your baby governors. let ize iyamu defies oba advice his political career is finished in edo state.

Are you joking?
The Oba who received his staff of office from the governor?
The Oba who can be deposed by the governor and sent into exile?
You must be seriously joking.

2 Likes

Re: Accept Tribunal Ruling In Good Faith, Oba Of Benin Urges Ize-iyamu by Qmerit(m): 1:38pm On Apr 16, 2017
[[s]quote author=seguno2 post=55614119]Why is the Oba playing partisan politics?
Does he want to live in Calabar like Ovoramwen, his ancestor?
He should not discourage Eze-Iyamu from pursuing his case until the Supreme Court, if he so desires. It is his constitutional right. That was how Aregbesola became governor of Osun state after Salamigate scandal with MTN.
The Oba should let our democracy flourish so that Edo girls will stop embarrassing us in Italy.[/quote][/s]. Rubbish
Re: Accept Tribunal Ruling In Good Faith, Oba Of Benin Urges Ize-iyamu by donmalcolm21(m): 1:38pm On Apr 16, 2017
ephi123:

Some people are not mentally balanced on this Nairaland, I don't bother engaging such people. I leave them to continue demonstrating on the thread, solo madness on display grin
I just had to put him in his corner

1 Like

Re: Accept Tribunal Ruling In Good Faith, Oba Of Benin Urges Ize-iyamu by ogunsj: 1:39pm On Apr 16, 2017
Chuukwudi:

One Afonja spotted. We IPOB are more truthful than you guys! If he likes, let him go to the Supreme Court, it's none of your business!

Oba has no right in asking one not to pursue justice.

Nonsense!!!
respect yourself my friend. oba of Benin is not like your igwe or obi that can be bought with money. oba of Benin controls edo kingdom obaseki and ize iyamu inclusive. our oba is not like your igwes that bows to your baby governors. let ize iyamu defies his advice , his political career will be over edo state.
Re: Accept Tribunal Ruling In Good Faith, Oba Of Benin Urges Ize-iyamu by skimmy005: 1:51pm On Apr 16, 2017
crisycent:
With due respect to our oba; I believe ize iyamu should be allowed to fight his case to the end. Oba gha to kpere....isé!
idiot which stupid fight? lost fight abi,d fite is aridi lost how do u xpect pdp to win afta 10yrx of misrule
Re: Accept Tribunal Ruling In Good Faith, Oba Of Benin Urges Ize-iyamu by ipobbigot7: 1:52pm On Apr 16, 2017
ransomed:
::-- In Edo land, whoever ignores or rejects the advise of the Oba is bound to face rejection by the people. The Oba is next to Osalobua in power, might and authority. Any governor who despises traditional council in Edo is praying for failure. Oba gha to kpere! Ise!

With all due respect to the royal highness.

You never can tell what Wike and Fayose will demand Iyanmu to do, remember that in pdp the voice of Fayose is the voice the gods.
Re: Accept Tribunal Ruling In Good Faith, Oba Of Benin Urges Ize-iyamu by seguno2: 2:35pm On Apr 16, 2017
ipobbigot7:

You never can tell what Wike and Fayose will demand Iyanmu to do, remember that in pdp the voice of Fayose is the voice the gods.

Is the voice of Tinubu not the voice of gods in APC?

1 Like

Re: Accept Tribunal Ruling In Good Faith, Oba Of Benin Urges Ize-iyamu by buchai: 2:36pm On Apr 16, 2017
oba you are entitled to your opinion as one man opinion does not matter in the out come of an election petition, did Adams former governor didn't secured his mandate through court? if I were ize-iyamu I will not accept anything.
Re: Accept Tribunal Ruling In Good Faith, Oba Of Benin Urges Ize-iyamu by mr1759: 2:46pm On Apr 16, 2017
what you all don't understand is that, obaseki did not really win that Election because of oshiomhole wickedness but I tell you since obaseki came in even me as PDP man I don't want to see size iyamu again.

1 no more agberos in Edo state again

2 does wicked land grabbers are no more in Edo

3 Edo state government have started gelegele sea port construction

see ppl God is the one speaking truth the OBA
ever since the oba enter throne every decision he make Edo ppl are happy,
ize iyamu is no longer popular though he might have won
but now worker are happy ,business men are happy in fact is good governance we want not the person there .

OBA may not want him to waste his money any further

he knows what will happen if he goes further

the OBA is not an ordinary man, he know what he is saying g
Re: Accept Tribunal Ruling In Good Faith, Oba Of Benin Urges Ize-iyamu by hakimi1974(m): 2:50pm On Apr 16, 2017
lai, lai, we nor go gree for this our biafra land? runs outa thread laughing.
Re: Accept Tribunal Ruling In Good Faith, Oba Of Benin Urges Ize-iyamu by spartan50(m): 2:58pm On Apr 16, 2017
gberra:
embarassed Igbos always cry embarassed

Am from Edo state.. Don't be silly!

1 Like

Re: Accept Tribunal Ruling In Good Faith, Oba Of Benin Urges Ize-iyamu by nwosueugeneken: 3:15pm On Apr 16, 2017
odiks:
The Oba of Benin, His Royal Majesty, Oba Ewuare II, on Saturday called on the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party in the last Edo State governorship election, Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu, to accept the ruling of the state Governorship Election Petitions Tribunal.

Oba Ewuare II made the call in a statement signed by the Chief Press Secretary to the Benin Monarchy, Mr. Desmond Agbama.
God bless his royal majesty
The tribunal had on Friday dismissed the petition filed by the PDP and Ize-Iyamu against the governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress, Godwin Obaseki, for lack of merit.

The Chairman of the three-man panel, Justice Ahmed Badamasi, who delivered the judgment, also affirmed the election of Obaseki.

The PDP and its candidate had rejected the ruling and vowed to pursue the case up to the Supreme Court.

But the Benin monarch advised Ize-Iyamu to accept the decision of the tribunal as “there was no victor and no vanquished.”

He said, “In an election, there is no victor and no vanquished. Ize-Iyamu should accept the decision of the tribunal in good faith and forge ahead in the task of providing democratic dividends for the people.”

Oba Ewuare II, however, congratulated Obaseki, whose victory he said came at a time when his services were needed the most.

He also urged the APC to support the governor in the provision of basic infrastructure and jobs for the unemployed in the state.

However, Ize-Iyamu could not be reached for his comments on the matter. He had also yet to respond to a text message sent to his mobile as of the time of filling this report.

http://punchng.com/accept-ruling-in-good-faith-oba-of-benin-urges-ize-iyamu/
Re: Accept Tribunal Ruling In Good Faith, Oba Of Benin Urges Ize-iyamu by ipobbigot7: 4:00pm On Apr 16, 2017
seguno2:

Is the voice of Tinubu not the voice of gods in APC?

Did it pain you as much?

Re: Accept Tribunal Ruling In Good Faith, Oba Of Benin Urges Ize-iyamu by crisycent: 4:51pm On Apr 16, 2017
skimmy005:
idiot which stupid fight? lost fight abi,d fite is aridi lost how do u xpect pdp to win afta 10yrx of misrule

Thunder fire your generation. Who be this bastard wen manage buy china phone wen dey browse?
Re: Accept Tribunal Ruling In Good Faith, Oba Of Benin Urges Ize-iyamu by crisycent: 4:53pm On Apr 16, 2017
mario383:
Why do we want to respect a very unreasonable Oba? Obas are suppossed to remain very nutural and reasonable. But, am wondering what is happening to this country that suddenly every body is becomng very foolish. In our time, including this current Oba who talking rubbish was to ensure that things remain nutural and ensure peace reigns and not to offer advice when the results are out already. He would have offered this advice before the result. Dumbest men everywhere.

Don't disrespect my oba.....neutral not nutural. Receive sense!!!!!
Re: Accept Tribunal Ruling In Good Faith, Oba Of Benin Urges Ize-iyamu by skimmy005: 6:21pm On Apr 16, 2017
crisycent:

Thunder fire your generation. Who be this bastard wen manage buy china phone wen dey browse?
sango damage ur miserable worthless lyf disgusting ape ewu zombie
Re: Accept Tribunal Ruling In Good Faith, Oba Of Benin Urges Ize-iyamu by bizzibodi(m): 8:32pm On Apr 16, 2017
odiks:
The Oba of Benin, His Royal Majesty, Oba Ewuare II, on Saturday called on the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party in the last Edo State governorship election, Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu, to accept the ruling of the state Governorship Election Petitions Tribunal.

Oba Ewuare II made the call in a statement signed by the Chief Press Secretary to the Benin Monarchy, Mr. Desmond Agbama.

The tribunal had on Friday dismissed the petition filed by the PDP and Ize-Iyamu against the governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress, Godwin Obaseki, for lack of merit.

The Chairman of the three-man panel, Justice Ahmed Badamasi, who delivered the judgment, also affirmed the election of Obaseki.

The PDP and its candidate had rejected the ruling and vowed to pursue the case up to the Supreme Court.

But the Benin monarch advised Ize-Iyamu to accept the decision of the tribunal as “there was no victor and no vanquished.”

He said, “In an election, there is no victor and no vanquished. Ize-Iyamu should accept the decision of the tribunal in good faith and forge ahead in the task of providing democratic dividends for the people.”

Oba Ewuare II, however, congratulated Obaseki, whose victory he said came at a time when his services were needed the most.

He also urged the APC to support the governor in the provision of basic infrastructure and jobs for the unemployed in the state.

However, Ize-Iyamu could not be reached for his comments on the matter. He had also yet to respond to a text message sent to his mobile as of the time of filling this report.

http://punchng.com/accept-ruling-in-good-faith-oba-of-benin-urges-ize-iyamu/
Iyamu shld listen to his king,his ancestors has spoken.
Re: Accept Tribunal Ruling In Good Faith, Oba Of Benin Urges Ize-iyamu by bizzibodi(m): 8:34pm On Apr 16, 2017
Lanretoye:
his lawyers will still advice him to go to supreme court.
his laywers only intrest is to empty his pockets,bank accounts.
Re: Accept Tribunal Ruling In Good Faith, Oba Of Benin Urges Ize-iyamu by ransomed: 9:10pm On Apr 16, 2017
ipobbigot7:

:::-- lol. They brought Ali Modu Sheriff to destroy PDP, they are doing more harm than good.
Re: Accept Tribunal Ruling In Good Faith, Oba Of Benin Urges Ize-iyamu by BALLOSKI: 9:20pm On Apr 16, 2017
veekid:
We dey celebrate Easter; ize iyanu can go and rest
lol@eze iyanu
Re: Accept Tribunal Ruling In Good Faith, Oba Of Benin Urges Ize-iyamu by gberra: 11:29pm On Apr 16, 2017
Smoothie01:

Still not making sense...do you mind staying off my mention? gracias
Smoothie, there is something about you that just can't hide & this is coming out straight from my heart... Your kind is rare & this would be my first ever confessional statement to any Igbo lady on this forum.

Do not pull away from me & be sure to talk to me anytime i needed you to. Will you?
Re: Accept Tribunal Ruling In Good Faith, Oba Of Benin Urges Ize-iyamu by BornStunner1: 2:11am On Apr 17, 2017
seguno2:
Why is the Oba playing partisan politics?
Does he want to live in Calabar like Ovoramwen, his ancestor?
He should not discourage Eze-Iyamu from pursuing his case until the Supreme Court, if he so desires. It is his constitutional right. That was how Aregbesola became governor of Osun state after Salamigate scandal with MTN.
The Oba should let our democracy flourish so that Edo girls will stop embarrassing us in Italy.

What about your dirty Yoruba girls?
Re: Accept Tribunal Ruling In Good Faith, Oba Of Benin Urges Ize-iyamu by crisycent: 1:04pm On Apr 17, 2017
skimmy005:
sango damage ur miserable worthless lyf disgusting ape ewu zombie

You're such a waste of sperm....Na people like you dem suppose flush folo condom. Bastard.
Re: Accept Tribunal Ruling In Good Faith, Oba Of Benin Urges Ize-iyamu by skimmy005: 1:17pm On Apr 17, 2017
crisycent:

You're such a waste of sperm....Na people like you dem suppose flush folo condom. Bastard.
ur good for notin dejected family coward senseless pig hypocrite
Re: Accept Tribunal Ruling In Good Faith, Oba Of Benin Urges Ize-iyamu by crisycent: 1:21pm On Apr 17, 2017
skimmy005:
ur good for notin dejected family coward senseless pig hypocrite

Waste of sperm....time wen dem take born you, dem for use am break mellon. Born troway!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Never Told EFCC To Stop Akpabio Probe – Buhari / Ikpeazu: My Deputy Did Not Inform Me Of His Intention To Succeed Me / INEC Officials Demand Payment Before PVC Registration In Benue LGA (pix, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.