Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,013 members, 7,817,986 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

God Vs. Satan - If God Is All-powerful, Why Does He Not Just Kill Satan?" - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Vs. Satan - If God Is All-powerful, Why Does He Not Just Kill Satan?" (2208 Views)

"God Vs. Satan - If God Is All-powerful, Why Does He Not Just Kill Satan?" / If God Is All Powerful, Why Does He Allow Evil And Suffering In This World? / Why Would A Loving GOD Not Kill Satan From The Beginning And Let Live In Peace? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God Vs. Satan - If God Is All-powerful, Why Does He Not Just Kill Satan?" by vaxx: 7:00pm On Apr 19, 2017
GOD is the actor and satan is the boss. until the movie ends(world ends)the boss can not be killed. imagine actor killed the boss in the early part of a movie. lol
Re: God Vs. Satan - If God Is All-powerful, Why Does He Not Just Kill Satan?" by theoriginalgood: 4:34pm On Oct 30, 2018
God didn’t eliminate bad simply because he couldn’t. Bad brought itself into existence because there’s no way a Good God can create bad. A Good God is only capable of good. Bad actually has some power that it used to prevent God from deleting it out of existence. Thankfully though, Good is infinitely stronger than bad. Therefore it will only take a matter of time before bad is deleted and all that’s left is perfect.

Want to know something scary?

All humanity is bad and is destined to die in hell for eternity. Mark 10:18 of the Bible tells us that only God is good. This implies that ALL other beings are bad. A bad being can never live forever and must die someday. Humans all die because they’re bad. You think a good being is supposed to ever die? Can’t be possible. A good being has ultimate power and will vanquish whatever bad that opposes it.
Re: God Vs. Satan - If God Is All-powerful, Why Does He Not Just Kill Satan?" by frank317: 4:51pm On Oct 30, 2018
theoriginalgood:
God didn’t eliminate bad simply because he couldn’t. Bad brought itself into existence because there’s no way a Good God can create bad. A Good God is only capable of good. Bad actually has some power that it used to prevent God from deleting it out of existence. Thankfully though, Good is infinitely stronger than bad. Therefore it will only take a matter of time before bad is deleted and all that’s left is perfect.

Want to know something scary?

All humanity is bad and is destined to die in hell for eternity. Mark 10:18 of the Bible tells us that only God is good. This implies that ALL other beings are bad. A bad being can never live forever and must die someday. Humans all die because they’re bad. You think a good being is supposed to ever die? Can’t be possible. A good being has ultimate power and will vanquish whatever bad that opposes it.

What's the meaning of this nonsense.
Re: God Vs. Satan - If God Is All-powerful, Why Does He Not Just Kill Satan?" by theoriginalgood: 4:55pm On Oct 30, 2018
frank317:

What's the meaning of this nonsense.

Which part don’t you understand? smiley
Re: God Vs. Satan - If God Is All-powerful, Why Does He Not Just Kill Satan?" by Kobojunkie: 1:03am On Jul 12, 2020
Where do people get this idea that Satan is the "bad guy"? undecided
Re: God Vs. Satan - If God Is All-powerful, Why Does He Not Just Kill Satan?" by Dtruthspeaker: 4:18am On Jul 12, 2020
lovedayugo:
One of the mysteries of the Christian life is why God didn’t destroy Satan immediately after Satan sinned. We know that God will one day defeat Satan by throwing him into the Lake of Fire where he will be tortured day and night forever (Revelation 20:10), but sometimes we wonder why God has not destroyed Satan already. Perhaps we will never know God’s exact reasoning, but we do know certain things about His nature.

First, we know God is absolutely sovereign over all creation, and this includes Satan. Certainly, Satan and his demons wreak havoc in the world, but they are only allowed a certain amount of freedom. We also know that God has planned everything from the beginning of time to the end. Nothing can thwart His plans, and things are proceeding exactly on schedule. “The LORD of hosts has sworn: ‘As I have planned, so shall it be, and as I have purposed, so shall it stand’” (Isaiah 14:24).

Second, “we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose” (Romans 8:28). Whatever God has planned for Satan, that plan will be the best one possible. God’s perfect wrath and justice will be satisfied, and His perfect righteousness will be glorified. Those who love Him and who wait for His plan to be fulfilled will be thrilled to be part of that plan and will praise and glorify Him as they see it unfold.

Third, we know that to question God’s plan and its timing is to question God Himself, His judgment, His character and His very nature. It is not wise to question His right to do exactly as He pleases. The psalmist tells us, “As for God, His way is perfect” (Psalm 18:30). Whatever plan comes from the mind of the Almighty is the best plan possible. It is true that we can’t expect to understand that mind perfectly, as He reminds us, “‘For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,’ says the LORD. ‘For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts’” (Isaiah 55:8-9). Nevertheless, our responsibility to God is to obey Him, to trust Him, and to submit to His will, whether we understand it or not. In the case of His timing for Satan’s demise, it has to be the best possible plan because it is God’s plan.
Cc: lalasticlala

Why doth ignorant people love to brandish their ignorance, instead of hiding it?

Where did you Ever See the 2 of them fight, even once?

Does, Job 1, not show you how Very Great God is?

And have you ever seen Satan even once, Directly Confront God, to his face, even once, if he was truly strong?

Is he not behaving like that weak guy who you have beaten and defeated completely, going about abusing you behind your back, but in your presence, he behaves himself, abi U never see am before?
Re: God Vs. Satan - If God Is All-powerful, Why Does He Not Just Kill Satan?" by Dtruthspeaker: 4:23am On Jul 12, 2020
MisterPresident:
If He kills Satan, who will torture the evil people after judgement?

Did you not hear that All Evil People including Satan, death and hell would be thrown into the Lake of Fire?

The Lake of Fire has been created for that purpose, even Satan himself, is an inmate!
Re: God Vs. Satan - If God Is All-powerful, Why Does He Not Just Kill Satan?" by Dtruthspeaker: 4:25am On Jul 12, 2020
RoyalBoutique:

I love you for that answer.

I've tried to let many people understand that the devil is the bad side of God.... But they think I'm crazy.

God unleashed his good and bad sides in us, and let us choose which one to follow.

People find that hard to believe.

Of course you are crazy
Re: God Vs. Satan - If God Is All-powerful, Why Does He Not Just Kill Satan?" by Dtruthspeaker: 4:36am On Jul 12, 2020
zionmade1:

And u think dat it means d soul will melt and disappear in hell. There are 3 components of a human, spirit, soul and body. I didn't say d soul cannot be destroyed i said a spirit cannot be destroyed

Let me ask you this if I Create a thing, can I not Always Destroy It, at any time, place and in any manner I so like?
Re: God Vs. Satan - If God Is All-powerful, Why Does He Not Just Kill Satan?" by Dtruthspeaker: 4:49am On Jul 12, 2020
Ken4Christ:
Satan is the god of this present world system and he obtained this status legally when Adam ate of the fruit of the knowledge of good and evil.

God recognized Satan's right to rule and cannot arbitrarily annual it. He is a just God and has to do it in such a way that he will be just to every stake holders.

Ah, lawyer, is it not the Law, that the Grantor or the Granter of Power, Always Always Has the Right and Power to Revoke the Power or Right He has granted?

Whilst your earlier statement requires a little amendment, in that men chose Satan to rule over them because of their love for evil. And him, who is evil, shall always follow the evil, wherever it goeth, to make the lover of evil to continue to increase the doing of evil.

Ken4Christ:

That is why Jesus came. He came to pay the penalty for the offence Adam committed and legally rescue man from the dominion of Satan.

Jesus has already done this and Satan is defeated but not yet dethroned.

A day has been set for his judgment and he will be totally destroyed.

Meanwhile, all who are in Christ are no longer under his dominion. You have the authority over Satan. It is not even God’s responsibility to handle Satan now. It is your responsibility.

Ignorance is what is making people dread Satan. He is a defeated foe and the day of his judgment is near.

Satan Never had the throne, he only has disciples going about Recruiting and Making Noise at the same time.

While the Mighty King is watching them all, Amused and Quite Very Very Angered but Amused too.

But Like The Grandest Chess Master that He Is, He Makes Moves that His enemies can never see, until He is Ready To Call "Checkmate"! grin or He lets them see it, yet, they can do nothing to stop it and then He still calls "Checkmate!"

But whatever moves He Makes, it must always end with him saying "Checkmate!"

(1) (2) (Reply)

Billy Graham, Renowned TV Evangelist, Dead At 99 / No such thing as a soul, says Father George Coyne Speaking With Richard Dawkins / Straying From The Buddhist Path — Why He Stopped Following Buddha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.