Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,783 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:32 PM

Abia State Secures $1.5B Deal From China Shoe Factory - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia State Secures $1.5B Deal From China Shoe Factory (30246 Views)

World Bank To Donate $1.5b To Each States In Nigeria / EFCC Traces $1.5b To Swiss Bank,inspects Her N7.1bn Mansions In Dubai / Photos: Aba Chinese Shoe Factory To Generate 30,000 Jobs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abia State Secures $1.5B Deal From China Shoe Factory by Day169: 10:51pm On Apr 16, 2017
shocked shocked shocked
N400 billion for shoe?
Haba!!! Sheh we no go chop 'ponmo' again?
Re: Abia State Secures $1.5B Deal From China Shoe Factory by HRich(m): 10:52pm On Apr 16, 2017
DollarAngel:
AFONJAS right now

Don't rush it, they will soon secure deal from India Charm Factory to take up all the native doctors around

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abia State Secures $1.5B Deal From China Shoe Factory by DollarAngel(m): 10:54pm On Apr 16, 2017
HRich:

Don't rush it, they will soon secure deal from India Charm Factory to take up all the native doctors around

Re: Abia State Secures $1.5B Deal From China Shoe Factory by HRich(m): 10:55pm On Apr 16, 2017
[quote author=DollarAngel post=55631377][/quote]
A Looserfool Fan?
Nah, I ain't doing with you biko
Re: Abia State Secures $1.5B Deal From China Shoe Factory by AnanseK(m): 10:56pm On Apr 16, 2017
Have you noticed that in all Nigerian cities and markets, shops and street corners and sports grounds, and crowded place you have dozens shoe sellers with thousands of fairly used (tokunbo) shoes of all makes and sizes?

The Nigerian market is overflowing with shoes and even if each Nigerians will have 10 pairs of shoes we may not mop the flooded market for many years.

I'm not sure if shoe factory is the right investment at this time. The Abia State government will have more pure water customers than people looking for Abia/ china shoes.

2 Likes

Re: Abia State Secures $1.5B Deal From China Shoe Factory by DollarAngel(m): 10:56pm On Apr 16, 2017
HRich:

A Looserfool Fan?

Nah, I ain't doing with you biko

Good Night Bro
Re: Abia State Secures $1.5B Deal From China Shoe Factory by HRich(m): 10:58pm On Apr 16, 2017
DollarAngel:

Good Night Bro
As you Walk Alone, Please Do go and Sleep Alone
Sweet Dreams

1 Like

Re: Abia State Secures $1.5B Deal From China Shoe Factory by toprealman: 11:01pm On Apr 16, 2017
May 12th....
Re: Abia State Secures $1.5B Deal From China Shoe Factory by Feraz(m): 11:06pm On Apr 16, 2017
drake2000x:

How will you get it when you are an Afonja. The Chinese loan is simply to expand the industry and meet global demand. The labor force will still be locally filled Aba crafters. The goal is to to take design orders from Wal-Mart, Target , Sears, e.t.c., and mass produce whatever they demand. Right now these giant retail products are being made in Mexico, Sri Lanka, Vietnam and Malaysia because they have giant factories to meet their demands. That's what Aba is looking forward to. Instead of small individual shops, they can harness them all into giant factories with mechanized equipment to mass produce. The ingenuity and design will still be Aba!
I have a problem with the bolded. Why attack the guy when a simple explanation will suffice?

Good one from the governor and I hope Abians will keep this state govt. on its toes.

4 Likes

Re: Abia State Secures $1.5B Deal From China Shoe Factory by porozhniy(m): 11:06pm On Apr 16, 2017
drake2000x:

How will you get it when you are an Afonja. The Chinese loan is simply to expand the industry and meet global demand. The labor force will still be locally filled Aba crafters. The goal is to to take design orders from Wal-Mart, Target , Sears, e.t.c., and mass produce whatever they demand. Right now these giant retail products are being made in Mexico, Sri Lanka, Vietnam and Malaysia because they have giant factories to meet their demands. That's what Aba is looking forward to. Instead of small individual shops, they can harness them all into giant factories with mechanized equipment to mass produce. The ingenuity and design will still be Aba!
So how does the Chinese investor gain in all these?
Comparatively, it's cheaper to produce in China than Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Abia State Secures $1.5B Deal From China Shoe Factory by EmmyDJourno: 11:10pm On Apr 16, 2017
MY STATE, I WILL BE PROUD WHEN IT IS BROUGHT TO A FRUITFUL COMPLETION smiley
Re: Abia State Secures $1.5B Deal From China Shoe Factory by deomello: 11:11pm On Apr 16, 2017
China is obviously looking for cheap labor, granted they are going to create jobs in the process just like the same company did in Ethiopia, but the spent $250 million on a cluster of 80 factories and industrial park in Ethiopia so the $1.5 billion sounds way way off mark us usual with Nigerian journalism deceptive Nigerian politicians.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abia State Secures $1.5B Deal From China Shoe Factory by nkemjacob2(m): 11:12pm On Apr 16, 2017
meezynetwork:
All this is talk. We need it running and working first before praising. Delta state did similar thing during the time of uduaghan but the establishment is in comatose now. It didn't even work for one day after the commissioning. So forget all this political moves. I don't know why nothing works in nigeria
my brother u re correct just as oshiomole built utra modern hospital.. yet after the commissioning..... d hospital is stil under lock

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia State Secures $1.5B Deal From China Shoe Factory by porozhniy(m): 11:12pm On Apr 16, 2017
AnanseK:

Have you noticed that in all Nigerian cities and markets, shops and street corners and sports grounds, and crowded place you have dozens shoe sellers with thousands of family used shoes of all makes and sizes? The Nigerian market is overflowing with shoes and even if each Nigerians will have 10 pirs of shoes we may not mop the flooded market for many years. I'm not sure if shoe factory is the right investment at this time. The Abia State government will have more pure water customers than people looking for Abia/ china shoes.
The African Market nko?
If this project materializes, I see other businesses springing up along the value chain; adhesives, leathers tanneries, etc
It'll also raise the profile of the textile industry in Aba,
I really hope they don't use this yo play their hopeless politics.
Re: Abia State Secures $1.5B Deal From China Shoe Factory by nkemjacob2(m): 11:13pm On Apr 16, 2017
nice work.... actually buhari has started making other state realise their potentials
Re: Abia State Secures $1.5B Deal From China Shoe Factory by austinbrown: 11:14pm On Apr 16, 2017
Ikpeazu go still chop am
Re: Abia State Secures $1.5B Deal From China Shoe Factory by Cargoed: 11:20pm On Apr 16, 2017
How does this help Abians this will never happen in Anambra. Just imagine the governor bringing in your competitor dashing him free land e.t.c the only way this makes sense to the Governor himself is if this factory belongs to the governor and just fronting this stuff.

The 10000 staff are factory cleaners and security men. (Mordern Robotic factory) All the local shoe entraprenaurs in aba will be made jobless. Why are our governors more destructive than creative. They should bring in hightech companies from japan and germany and stop this rubbish.

China may have tried to send shoes to Nigeria but cant compete while kill our local advantage is that what they made him Governor for. So a local business man cant buy machines to do this job you want tobring in china that has easy access to Capital to come and kill our local market.

Governor we need hightech factories that is what produces Jobs for our youths like solarwafer factory, synthetic hair factory, pharmacetical drug makers, modular refinaries. HEY NOT SHOE NOT SHOE the only thing poor man they take chop HEY

4 Likes

Re: Abia State Secures $1.5B Deal From China Shoe Factory by vncntluv(m): 11:24pm On Apr 16, 2017
Exactly What We need in this country. Business developments and life will be amazing. Kudos to the man in charge of that state.
Re: Abia State Secures $1.5B Deal From China Shoe Factory by Nobody: 11:25pm On Apr 16, 2017
Any governor who under four years that completed a single job creation project, don't deserve a second chance to govern. But give another person four years chance to try his/her chances.

When will the project be ready? We are talking about billion of dollars here.
Re: Abia State Secures $1.5B Deal From China Shoe Factory by Jokkarm2: 11:26pm On Apr 16, 2017
I hope our local shoe makers will still be in track , they need to be integrated in the system so that china will not push them out from the bussiness.
Our able governor , go ahead and empower our people .
Re: Abia State Secures $1.5B Deal From China Shoe Factory by deomello: 11:27pm On Apr 16, 2017
porozhniy:

So how does the Chinese investor gain in all these?
Comparatively, it's cheaper to produce in China than Nigeria.

Mr Zhang said he can hired five Ethiopians for the price of one Chinese worker.

That is why the company is building a 'light industrial city' shaped like a woman's shoe in Ethiopia's capital Addis Ababa, he said.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3824617/Trump-factory-jobs-sent-China-never-come-back.html

No, it's cheaper to produce in Nigeria and other African countries than in China.

They not only get cheap labor, they also save on shipping to Europe and other places since Africa is closer to Europian markets than China.

The same manufacturer is making and sending Ivanka Trupm's shoes to the US.
Re: Abia State Secures $1.5B Deal From China Shoe Factory by porozhniy(m): 11:36pm On Apr 16, 2017
deomello:

No, it's cheaper to produce in Nigeria and other African countries than in China.

They not only get cheap labor, they also save on shipping to Europe and other places since Africa is closer to Europian markets than China.

The same manufacturer is making and sending Ivanka Trupm's shoes to the US.

Good enough for me.
I think it's a good deal for Aba generally, I forsee other ancillary businesses springing up around this one.
Re: Abia State Secures $1.5B Deal From China Shoe Factory by Originalsly: 11:39pm On Apr 16, 2017
drake2000x:

Bro... you just don't get it. Is it a Chinese loan?....and how would the factory expand the local industry?....do you have any idea why the factory in Aba would be given the contracts instead of those in Mexico etc?.... and is this what Aba is looking forward to?...to have giant foreign owned factories?..Really?...is this something to make you proudly beat your chest?.... or shouldn't it really make you bow your head in shame? The first time they came and took us away as slaves in foreign lands..... now we have gone away to invite them to make us slaves in our own land. History has a way of repeating itself.

1 Like

Re: Abia State Secures $1.5B Deal From China Shoe Factory by seniorkachion(m): 11:41pm On Apr 16, 2017
R[quote author=Africonji post=55631180

I said it. They have arrived. Enemies of progress. Spits.[/quote]

What do you mean by enemy of progress? So the governor is making progress by owing me a council worker with a family and aged dependent 5 months salary and teachers 6 months.
Re: Abia State Secures $1.5B Deal From China Shoe Factory by deomello: 11:42pm On Apr 16, 2017
porozhniy:

Good enough for me.
I think it's a good deal for Aba generally, I forsee other ancillary businesses springing up around this one.

Apart from the jobs created, Ethiopia is making over $20 million off the shoe factory, hope they see it through in Abia.

1 Like

Re: Abia State Secures $1.5B Deal From China Shoe Factory by Cargoed: 11:43pm On Apr 16, 2017
porozhniy:

Good enough for me.

What other service can function around it. See michelin was in p.h once they closed it ended the manufacture of tire in nigreria this factory will hang around for three years then close by then all skilled craftmen would be rendered useless and we have no choice but to import from china.
Re: Abia State Secures $1.5B Deal From China Shoe Factory by Nobody: 11:44pm On Apr 16, 2017
meezynetwork:
All this is talk. We need it running and working first before praising. Delta state did similar thing during the time of uduaghan but the establishment is in comatose now. It didn't even work for one day after the commissioning. So forget all this political moves. I don't know why nothing works in nigeria
is uduaghan the name of a person, place or thing?
Re: Abia State Secures $1.5B Deal From China Shoe Factory by Nobody: 11:45pm On Apr 16, 2017
PDJT:

-He is not the Governor of Ngwaland, but Abia State.
-And do you realise the politician you're praising hasn't paid Teachers salary(6 months), Pensioners stipends(7 months) & Civil servants' salary for many months, many of who are Ngwa sons and daughters with families? - Pension & Salary remuneration, the least you can expect from a serious govt.

-Here you're getting excited and praising an incompetent politician for a private foreign investment proposal/promise.
SMH
Must every investment be recurrent expenditures.,a fraction of abians are civil workers. So the rest should go to he'll? This partnership will help in reducing unemployment and bring revenues to the state
Re: Abia State Secures $1.5B Deal From China Shoe Factory by I888(m): 11:46pm On Apr 16, 2017
meezynetwork:
nothing works in Nigeria because the citizens are stupid, poverty stricken to think right and ask right question which makes it easy to fool them with so much eaaaasssseeee
Re: Abia State Secures $1.5B Deal From China Shoe Factory by 4Face2face(m): 11:46pm On Apr 16, 2017
Soon it shall be a reality by the grace of God, amen.Long live Gov. Ikpeazu and Abians..stuffs like this makes me proud of the zone I come from.
Re: Abia State Secures $1.5B Deal From China Shoe Factory by Earth2Metahuman: 11:47pm On Apr 16, 2017
Abia and imo are the only reasonable state in the entire south east

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"How We Removed Jonathan" - Tinubu Writing A Book / NJC Advises Buhari To Retire Walter Onnoghen Compulsorily Over $1.7m Cash / Eight APC Governors Will Join Atiku By February 2018– PDP Chieftain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.