Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,166 members, 7,818,541 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:22 PM

Abia State Secures $1.5B Deal From China Shoe Factory - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia State Secures $1.5B Deal From China Shoe Factory (30249 Views)

World Bank To Donate $1.5b To Each States In Nigeria / EFCC Traces $1.5b To Swiss Bank,inspects Her N7.1bn Mansions In Dubai / Photos: Aba Chinese Shoe Factory To Generate 30,000 Jobs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abia State Secures $1.5B Deal From China Shoe Factory by adeoba2008(m): 6:51am On Apr 17, 2017
Nice move. Keep it up your Excellency.
Re: Abia State Secures $1.5B Deal From China Shoe Factory by texazzpete(m): 7:02am On Apr 17, 2017
Africonji:

I said it. They have arrived. Enemies of progress. Spits.

He has a very good point. And instead of confronting or refuting his central point, you're doubling down on sounding like a paid sycophant

Unfortunate.

1 Like

Re: Abia State Secures $1.5B Deal From China Shoe Factory by Iceathome(m): 7:04am On Apr 17, 2017
That shows how mypoic the governor and his advisers are. Why promoting Aba made in the first place. Well, we know where he is coming from., his personally investment with Abia civil servant salary. I bet the deal will be a flop.

Mtcheeeee, 12th May, 2017 around the corner let him vacation forever as Abia governor.
Re: Abia State Secures $1.5B Deal From China Shoe Factory by pchukwudi: 7:13am On Apr 17, 2017
- Apple

- HP

- Dell

- and a plethora of other topnotch American brands manufacture ALL their product lines in China.

Majority of the existing private manufacturing companies in Nigeria currently are owned by Asians.

So, what exactly is your problem?

Bollinger:

Saw what coming? What are you? 12? Do you think this is the first time states have been partnering with foreign countries in Nigeria? Nigeria and by extension Nigerians are too decadent, corrupt and selfish to maintain or start anything good. If it were you would have seen the effect in your lives from decades of partnering with countries.
Re: Abia State Secures $1.5B Deal From China Shoe Factory by Kaydans(m): 7:15am On Apr 17, 2017
Re: Abia State Secures $1.5B Deal From China Shoe Factory by Acetyl(m): 7:15am On Apr 17, 2017
This is a good development if you ask me.
Just like the IPhone, it's not produced in the US but assembled there. IPhone is produced in South Korea but assembled in the US .
What would be negative approach is if the entire company will be solely owned by the chines...
Re: Abia State Secures $1.5B Deal From China Shoe Factory by dandollaz: 7:17am On Apr 17, 2017
meezynetwork:
All this is talk. We need it running and working first before praising. Delta state did similar thing during the time of uduaghan but the establishment is in comatose now. It didn't even work for one day after the commissioning. So forget all this political moves. I don't know why nothing works in nigeria
Am in aba right now.the governor is doing wonder.shoe production in aba now is huge biz people coming from all over the country to buy made in aba shoe.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abia State Secures $1.5B Deal From China Shoe Factory by Mrjo(m): 7:18am On Apr 17, 2017
pchukwudi:
WOW. shocked shocked

So impressive!

I actualky saw it coming!

Keep it coing sir!
nwga man shouting up and down so is nomore marketing? Continue
Re: Abia State Secures $1.5B Deal From China Shoe Factory by AngelicBeing: 7:18am On Apr 17, 2017
drake2000x:

Goes into your ewedu afonja cone skull!
grin grin grin
Re: Abia State Secures $1.5B Deal From China Shoe Factory by Mcreloaded(m): 7:36am On Apr 17, 2017
Electricity is the primary reasons our industries don't work because of cost of running generator makes the product more expensive than imported goods so why run a business that 90% of your profits go into generating electricity
Re: Abia State Secures $1.5B Deal From China Shoe Factory by buchilino(m): 7:37am On Apr 17, 2017
meezynetwork:
All this is talk. We need it running and working first before praising. Delta state did similar thing during the time of uduaghan but the establishment is in comatose now. It didn't even work for one day after the commissioning. So forget all this political moves. I don't know why nothing works in nigeria

DATS WAT SAID ABOUT MY STATE ANAMBRA BUT NOW AM REGRETTING IT.
Re: Abia State Secures $1.5B Deal From China Shoe Factory by Mcreloaded(m): 7:39am On Apr 17, 2017
Let's just be ware of the Greek gift took at ajaokuta steel and the chinese factory in delta state its still comatose after all why should China help you developed your own shoe factory when they need you to buy their own shoes which is cheaper and also makes their own industries employ their youths when the Chinese need you to buy their own product so they can have your dollars . I just don't see how it will work but I hope and pray it works
Re: Abia State Secures $1.5B Deal From China Shoe Factory by bestpunterever: 7:52am On Apr 17, 2017
drake2000x:

Goes into your ewedu afonja cone skull!
u re a slowpoke, y can't u just answer the simple question, u dis Igbo.
Re: Abia State Secures $1.5B Deal From China Shoe Factory by NwaforIgbo: 7:53am On Apr 17, 2017
dnawah:
oh!very good but if china come and no roads!them go verse o!
Leave that in the hands of the able governer
Re: Abia State Secures $1.5B Deal From China Shoe Factory by Chukazu: 7:57am On Apr 17, 2017
Inviting investors to where there's no infrastructure?
Re: Abia State Secures $1.5B Deal From China Shoe Factory by Ikville(m): 8:20am On Apr 17, 2017
Oh, he just murdered d "made in Aba" shoe industry! Aba shoes already gained world recognition, daz why u see d Chinese shoe makers wanting to associate wit d brand. Now, dey r bringing stiff competitors who can aggressively promote & market themselves. Now, d local shoe makers cannot compete so dey end up working for d mega show company! Who knows, dis may just be d governor's personal biz venture, only fronting d Chinese as a cover. If u beliv Abia State will benefit from dis venture, u will beliv anything....
Re: Abia State Secures $1.5B Deal From China Shoe Factory by Trump2017: 8:28am On Apr 17, 2017
drake2000x:

How will you get it when you are an Afonja. The Chinese loan is simply to expand the industry and meet global demand. The labor force will still be locally filled Aba crafters. The goal is to to take design orders from Wal-Mart, Target , Sears, e.t.c., and mass produce whatever they demand. Right now these giant retail products are being made in Mexico, Sri Lanka, Vietnam and Malaysia because they have giant factories to meet their demands. That's what Aba is looking forward to. Instead of small individual shops, they can harness them all into giant factories with mechanized equipment to mass produce. The ingenuity and design will still be Aba!
story storyyyy story for which road they wan use enter Aba.
Re: Abia State Secures $1.5B Deal From China Shoe Factory by 400billionman: 9:02am On Apr 17, 2017
pchukwudi:
WOW. shocked shocked

So impressive!

I actualky saw it coming!

Keep it coming sir!

*Edit

For all those snowflakes messing on my mention, please keep off my mention for crying out loud.

- Apple

- HP

- Dell

- and a plethora of other topnotch American brands manufacture ALL their product lines in China.

Majority of the existing private manufacturing companies in Nigeria currently are owned by Asians.

So, what exactly is your problem?

There's no way you can compete globally with the current starndard of Aba made products. Plus, it will take a massive amount of capital to up the starndard and open up the global export market for Aba made shoes - that's in terms of marketing and logistics, plus design and manufacturing.

So why waste time in mediocrity when a global brand is willing to put their money where your mouth is?

Truth is, once this industrial city takes off, the chinese owned factory won't be able to meet up wirh the export demand. But they will successfully open up the GLOBAL export market for many 100% Aba shoe makers while upping their design and finishing game.

In that way, all round global excellence will be entrenched in the entire system rather than celeberating regional championship.

And those who are castigating this move should tell us why a foreign automaker is prefered for lagos modern shuttle buses rather than those made by Innoson motors?

FYI, OVI is about opening up a bunch of foreign markets for his enterprising people. A bunch of foreign markets that will totally do without Nigeria.

How many of you who run your mouths here can boldly flaunt your Aba made shoes?

Aba shoes can be flaunted.

I I have worn alot.

The main issue here is that any form of FDI is welcome, with a double advantage of dollar spending when construction work commences, and providing jobs when operational.
Re: Abia State Secures $1.5B Deal From China Shoe Factory by Nobody: 9:06am On Apr 17, 2017
This our governor self,are u bringing in d chinese to come n run our aba boys out of business or what.instead of him to provide infrastructures to these guys and improve there warfare, these guys dont really need all these jamborees
Re: Abia State Secures $1.5B Deal From China Shoe Factory by Pylony(m): 9:09am On Apr 17, 2017
Stories like this shows the great mind of the Igbo man, but wonder why some choose to deal in drugs to tarnish the Igbo people.
Re: Abia State Secures $1.5B Deal From China Shoe Factory by nopains: 9:57am On Apr 17, 2017
drake2000x:

How will you get it when you are an Afonja. The Chinese loan is simply to expand the industry and meet global demand. The labor force will still be locally filled Aba crafters. The goal is to to take design orders from Wal-Mart, Target , Sears, e.t.c., and mass produce whatever they demand. Right now these giant retail products are being made in Mexico, Sri Lanka, Vietnam and Malaysia because they have giant factories to meet their demands. That's what Aba is looking forward to. Instead of small individual shops, they can harness them all into giant factories with mechanized equipment to mass produce. The ingenuity and design will still be Aba!

pls don't call me afonja as u did to the guy u mentioned. a bu m ezigbote nwafor . my question is will this factory take up the hitherto shoe shop owners as its employees or the factory just serves as a hub for the shoe makers to access the available equipments for their business. pls if u have a detail information of this scheme let me no. i want to know how this will open up aba shoe makers to the world?
Re: Abia State Secures $1.5B Deal From China Shoe Factory by ebuclassic18(m): 11:10am On Apr 17, 2017
InyinyaAgbaOku:
I don't get it.
The Chinese will now be the ones making shoes in Aba or what?
And the capital flight goes where?
Pleeaaaaaase

they will build the factory teach the aba shoe makers how to use it cos is automated and not manual as usual
Re: Abia State Secures $1.5B Deal From China Shoe Factory by swedbase(m): 11:41am On Apr 17, 2017
drake2000x:

Trust me he is...I know them very well. They will open an account and pretend they are Igbos, able to fool you if you are not aware of their antics. I know them very well just like rat posion knows Awolowo!

grin grin grin You killed me
Re: Abia State Secures $1.5B Deal From China Shoe Factory by sorepco(m): 12:57pm On Apr 17, 2017
U cant spell vex?? When u say dem go verse u mean they will write a poem??

dnawah:
oh!very good but if china come and no roads!them go verse o!
Re: Abia State Secures $1.5B Deal From China Shoe Factory by PDJT: 1:45pm On Apr 17, 2017
asodane:

Must every investment be recurrent expenditures.,a fraction of abians are civil workers. So the rest should go to he'll? This partnership will help in reducing unemployment and bring revenues to the state

May I respectively ask how what you typed, up there, is an adequate response to my post?
Re: Abia State Secures $1.5B Deal From China Shoe Factory by Customer80: 3:53pm On Apr 17, 2017
Pylony:
Stories like this shows the great mind of the Igbo man, but wonder why some choose to deal in drugs to tarnish the Igbo people.
guess why you think like this, prostitution doesn't tarnish image,? Chopping off human heads as its been done by major ethnic group doesn't tarnish image? Internet fraud doesn't? Killing of people by fulani herdsmen doesn't tarnish? Boko Haram too doesn't tarnish image? It's only drug that tarnishes image, Mexico and Cuba engages in drugs more than other countries, does drug courier dents the image of those countries? Let's reason before we type . In every group you cant have a particular type of person , your own group isn't an exception

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Eight APC Governors Will Join Atiku By February 2018– PDP Chieftain / FG Petrol Subsidy Now N26 Per Liter / Why Wike Halted Impeachment Plot Against Governor Fubara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.