Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,752 members, 7,817,082 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:53 AM

IGP Orders Immediate Removal Of Roadblocks - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IGP Orders Immediate Removal Of Roadblocks (23449 Views)

El-Rufai Orders Removal Of Roadblocks At Kaduna's State Boundaries / Police Dismantle Roadblocks, Desert Lagos Roads / "Dismantle Roadblocks On South-East Roads" - Senate Tells Army, Police.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IGP Orders Immediate Removal Of Roadblocks by kennys: 6:45am On Apr 17, 2017
Willdidi:
How many times will this order be given
Didn't u know that Nigeria Police are very stuborn ,so the order must be repeated servarely because they will still disobey the Law and IGP himself.
Re: IGP Orders Immediate Removal Of Roadblocks by sparkle10(m): 6:46am On Apr 17, 2017
alezzy13:
If I understand correctly, he's not talking about his fellow men in black that demand N50, ILLEGALLY, at checkpoints. He's referring to those officials, usually LG men that block the road with spikes to collect money.

That's the irony of the order. Travelling along Lagos-Benin road, logs of woods and used tires are taking over the road at the risk of motorists courtesy of Nigeria Police Force. To think that is happening at every 200m along a stretch of road beats my imagination.

The IG should stop the deceit and tell us something else. Once upon a time, there was an IG with focus.
Re: IGP Orders Immediate Removal Of Roadblocks by Gkemz: 6:58am On Apr 17, 2017
I counted not less than 50 roadblocks from owerri port harcourt road to ph. The IG should start from Ph. It's unbecoming of Nigeria police force and army.
Re: IGP Orders Immediate Removal Of Roadblocks by DjAndroid: 7:08am On Apr 17, 2017
ademasta:
As in, no more #20, #50 bribe collection by the ekelebes on our roads again?

E for beta...
Nigerian Pothieves Force

I don't think you read the post before commenting
Re: IGP Orders Immediate Removal Of Roadblocks by Kennitrust(m): 7:11am On Apr 17, 2017
psucc:
Na lie. It's only effective on air and papers just as all Nigerian policies. The day police will stop harassing motorists for 'particulars' which they don't want the paper own, then I'll know we are heading to good and greater Nigeria. For now, it remains an imagination for the IGP.
so that cars snatchers will have freedom
Re: IGP Orders Immediate Removal Of Roadblocks by Kennitrust(m): 7:13am On Apr 17, 2017
Wait oo, will they remove the ones block by army?
Re: IGP Orders Immediate Removal Of Roadblocks by Mcreloaded(m): 7:31am On Apr 17, 2017
How much come be normal bail for ur area cause for this side bail start from N 20 000/just want know whether na uniform price for all parts of the country
After all bail is free now they say no road block who is fooling who]
Re: IGP Orders Immediate Removal Of Roadblocks by ayindejimmy(m): 7:52am On Apr 17, 2017
How many times will this man ask them to dismantle the roadblocks?
Re: IGP Orders Immediate Removal Of Roadblocks by EppPliss: 7:54am On Apr 17, 2017
Re: IGP Orders Immediate Removal Of Roadblocks by cooljoe(m): 8:03am On Apr 17, 2017
here we go again. e b like say dem wan to tell us, Nother story again e o
Re: IGP Orders Immediate Removal Of Roadblocks by eph12(m): 8:17am On Apr 17, 2017
Does this include those roadblocks they mount for bikes?
Re: IGP Orders Immediate Removal Of Roadblocks by 400billionman: 8:48am On Apr 17, 2017
All Agberoos, Ndi Ntu wey dey puncture trailer tires and pursue vehicles with RED number plate, HOW MARKET ?

I dey hail jobless boys for area wey wan collect Vigilante money.. No Easter for you people..
Re: IGP Orders Immediate Removal Of Roadblocks by mathy2p2: 8:52am On Apr 17, 2017
I will personally report police people along dominium city NTA road portharcourt.
Re: IGP Orders Immediate Removal Of Roadblocks by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 9:22am On Apr 17, 2017
LionDeLeo:

Nigeria is the only country where everyone condenms everything and praises anything in other countries without the least knowledge of those other countries.

Savage...
Re: IGP Orders Immediate Removal Of Roadblocks by LionDeLeo: 9:23am On Apr 17, 2017
ISTANDWITHBUHAR:

Savage...

Oga, how I take be savage na?
Re: IGP Orders Immediate Removal Of Roadblocks by Killuzverdict(m): 9:25am On Apr 17, 2017
Well, I don't think he was referring to police roadblocks from the news contrary to what the headline reads. But in other news this is Addo Rd in Ajah this morning just after Thomas junction. It is a fresh road block by police men. So if they dismantled the old ones as pronounced by the IG they can at least mount new ones. grin

Rogues in uniform

Re: IGP Orders Immediate Removal Of Roadblocks by wanakak: 9:25am On Apr 17, 2017
Good one
Re: IGP Orders Immediate Removal Of Roadblocks by chukel(m): 9:53am On Apr 17, 2017
josephine123:
watch : Young soldier breaks side mirror of all violating vehicles to clear hold up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVhv0ahaW3U
I watched it and I love it. Nigerians behave like animals. That treatment is exactly what we need in this country. We need to enforce discipline. We only cite developed countries when it favors us. What most of those motorists did will land them in jail with psychiatric evaluation in developed countries. More of the soldier's action is needed.
Re: IGP Orders Immediate Removal Of Roadblocks by chukel(m): 9:56am On Apr 17, 2017
Let's try to read and understand before commenting. IGP referred to illegal Road blocks. I don't think he sees the ones by his men as illegal. We should clamour for total removal of road blocks
Re: IGP Orders Immediate Removal Of Roadblocks by aniyphil: 10:01am On Apr 17, 2017
All the Police IGs gave this same order in the past . . .problem has always been implementation . . .how can this work without a dedicated number to call where any illegal road block is found ? I know of two spots in Amuwo Odofin where these guys rake in thousands of Naira daily from every truck / tanker driver who plies that route.
Re: IGP Orders Immediate Removal Of Roadblocks by juman(m): 10:06am On Apr 17, 2017
Willdidi:
How many times will this order be given
Re: IGP Orders Immediate Removal Of Roadblocks by juman(m): 10:19am On Apr 17, 2017
josephine123:
watch : Young soldier breaks side mirror of all violating vehicles to clear hold up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVhv0ahaW3U

See how soldier behaved irrationally, one military official said they do that only in the south.
Re: IGP Orders Immediate Removal Of Roadblocks by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 11:53pm On Apr 17, 2017
LionDeLeo:

Oga, how I take be savage na?

I mean your response was savage.. you hit him hard, The guy suppose go jump inside lagoon..

1 Like

Re: IGP Orders Immediate Removal Of Roadblocks by LionDeLeo: 11:58pm On Apr 17, 2017
ISTANDWITHBUHAR:

I mean your response was savage.. you hit him hard, The guy suppose go jump inside lagoon..

Okay, thanks my oga @ the top. I come begin dey think say wetin I do wey oga himself dey attack me

1 Like

Re: IGP Orders Immediate Removal Of Roadblocks by Damovintrain: 12:57pm On Mar 12, 2021
ijustdey:

IGP Orders Immediate Removal Of Roadblocks By Revenue Agents, Transport Unions, Others

To give teeth to the order, said the statement, the IGP has deployed Special X-Squad Teams of the Police Force across the country to commence the removal of all forms of illegal inhibitors to vehicular movement across the country.

http://saharareporters.com/2017/04/16/igp-orders-immediate-removal-roadblocks-revenue-agents-transport-unions-others

This is the only best thing That the IGP has done since inception into office......

Most touts has caused more accidents, transportation fare hikes amongst others..

And these taxes has no record of road maintenance, vehicle nor passenger advantage...

I support

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2023: Peter Obi Leaves For The US, To Engage Nigerians In Diaspora / S/West PDP Leaders Ask Jonathan For Speaker’s Post / Akpabio Elected Senate Minority Leader

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.