Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,518 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:49 PM

Buhari’s Success Claim, Insult To Intelligence Of Nigerians, Says PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari’s Success Claim, Insult To Intelligence Of Nigerians, Says PDP (1112 Views)

Buhari’s Independence Broadcast Insult To Nigerians, Says PDP / Yahaya Abdullahi: It Is An Insult To Say Senators Shouldn’t Spend N5.5bn On Cars / Alani Akinri: 'Buhari’s Certificate Saga, An Insult To The Armed Forces' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari’s Success Claim, Insult To Intelligence Of Nigerians, Says PDP by Sanchez01: 5:54am On Apr 17, 2017
The Ahmed Makarfi-led National Caretaker Committee of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has described President Muhammadu Buhari’s claims in his Easter message, to having met the expectations of Nigerians as an insult on their intelligence.

Its spokesman, Dayo Adeyeye, yesterday said the comments from Mr. President are to say the least untrue and unfair to Nigerians, who have been at the receiving end of his government’s mismanagement in the last two years.

On the war against Boko Haram, Adeyeye reiterated that the armaments procured by former President Goodluck Jonathan are what are still being used to prosecute the war.

Adeyeye added that current administration has also abused the Presidential Initiative for the North East (PINE) created by Jonathan, which covered all sectors in the rehabilitation efforts for the zone with comprehensive project cost and partnership.

“PINE under the APC’s watch has been a monumental disaster with allegations of contract scams while the internally displaced persons (IDPs) endure daily hardship and starvation. Tragically, we are yet to see the outcome of the investigation on the Nigeria’s fighter jet bombing of the IDP Camp in Borno State killing more than 200 persons.

On the war against corruption, the party’s spokesman, said like other policies and programmes of the APC administration, it has failed as well. He said: “The entire anti-corruption war of the APC since inception is just in the media with only one conviction. Many of the cases in the courts have been set aside and suspects discharged and acquitted while others are in the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) and Department of State Services (DSS) detention centres without trial, in violation of their fundamental human rights as enshrined in the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

The Makarfi-led PDP insisted that the recession we are experiencing today is as a result of the failure of the APC-led administration to properly manage our economy.

“The Buhari government is indeed clueless and had no economic plan until March 2017 when it launched the so called ‘recovery plan.’

The economy is at a standstill. Major infrastructural developments that began with the previous administrations of the PDP have been abandoned. Power generation has dwindled from over 5,000mw in 2015 to the present all time low of less than 2,000mw. The only project of note this government has ever commissioned is the Abuja- Kaduna railroad, which was 99 percent completed by the PDP administration.
http://guardian.ng/news/buharis-success-claim-insult-to-intelligence-of-nigerians-says-pdp/
Re: Buhari’s Success Claim, Insult To Intelligence Of Nigerians, Says PDP by menstrualpad: 5:55am On Apr 17, 2017

The economy is at a standstill. Major infrastructural developments that began with the previous administrations of the PDP have been abandoned. Power generation has dwindled from over 5,000mw in 2015 to the present all time low of less than 2,000mw. The only project of note this government has ever commissioned is the Abuja- Kaduna railroad, which was 99 percent completed by the PDP administration.

Well said.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Success Claim, Insult To Intelligence Of Nigerians, Says PDP by Sanchez01: 5:56am On Apr 17, 2017
The 'victory' over Boko Haram is as a result of the armaments bought during the tenure of Jonathan but the recession is caused by the APC-led administration. Idiots.

Can KOWA or Hope just play oppositions already. The PDP still thinks it is relevant. Perhaps, the crazy power tussle in the PDP can also be ascribed to the APC-led administration.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Success Claim, Insult To Intelligence Of Nigerians, Says PDP by menstrualpad: 5:58am On Apr 17, 2017
Sanchez01:
The 'victory' over Boko Haram is as a result of the armaments bought during the tenure of Jonathan but the recession is caused by the APC-led administration. Idiots.

Which victory. Better kip kwayet... PDP and APC are one and the same. Only the chopping table has been rotated. Don't be deceived.
Re: Buhari’s Success Claim, Insult To Intelligence Of Nigerians, Says PDP by sarrki(m): 5:59am On Apr 17, 2017
Pdp should do constructive opposition

Not engaging in mediocre type of opposition

Nigerians are watching both the governing and the opposition parties

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Success Claim, Insult To Intelligence Of Nigerians, Says PDP by menstrualpad: 6:00am On Apr 17, 2017
sarrki:
Pdp should do constructive opposition

Not engaging in mediocre type of opposition

Nigerians are watching both the governing and the opposition parties
They are one and the same. PDP = APC.
Re: Buhari’s Success Claim, Insult To Intelligence Of Nigerians, Says PDP by Iamwrath: 6:02am On Apr 17, 2017
So these ones still dey get mouth to talk ?

the razor mouthed murafuckas like Wike and Fayose have shut their stinking holes, he funny me gaan o

3 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Success Claim, Insult To Intelligence Of Nigerians, Says PDP by new2012: 6:03am On Apr 17, 2017
Sanchez01:

Can KOWA or Hope just play oppositions already. The PDP still thinks it is relevant. Perhaps, the crazy power tussle in the PDP can also be ascribed to the APC-led administration.

I'm @ Damboa at the moment... The government, the PDP, the press are all creative liars... Soldiers are killed daily, where is the victory? Several route through Gwoza and co are still blocked completely for fear of attacks, where is the Victory?
Re: Buhari’s Success Claim, Insult To Intelligence Of Nigerians, Says PDP by Sanchez01: 6:03am On Apr 17, 2017
menstrualpad:

Well said.
Our highest power generation ever is 4,600 Megawatts. I understand Makati must stay relevant as he is being shoved aside, but peddling lies and falsehood just to drive home nothing?

If someone reads through this crazy release now, one would think Jonathan provided the country with 5k Megawatts all through his 6 years administration, when in reality, it is false.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Success Claim, Insult To Intelligence Of Nigerians, Says PDP by menstrualpad: 6:05am On Apr 17, 2017
Sanchez01:

Our highest power generation ever is 4,600 Megawatts. I understand Makati must stay relevant as he is being shoved aside, but peddling lies and falsehood just to drive home nothing?

If someone reads through this crazy release now, one would think Jonathan provided the country with 5k Megawatts all through his 6 years administration, when in reality, it is false.
Get a life. I don't argue over politicians.
Re: Buhari’s Success Claim, Insult To Intelligence Of Nigerians, Says PDP by menstrualpad: 6:06am On Apr 17, 2017
new2012:

I'm @ Damboa at the moment... The government, the PDP, the press are all creative liars... Soldiers are killed daily, where is the victory? Several route through Gwoza and co are still blocked completely for fear of attacks, where is the Victory?
Even donbobes will not disagree
Re: Buhari’s Success Claim, Insult To Intelligence Of Nigerians, Says PDP by Sanchez01: 6:07am On Apr 17, 2017
menstrualpad:

Which victory. Better kip kwayet... PDP and APC are one and the same. Only the chopping table has been rotated. Don't be deceived.
Same story. Leadership wise, the PDP and the APC are not the same.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Success Claim, Insult To Intelligence Of Nigerians, Says PDP by menstrualpad: 6:10am On Apr 17, 2017
Sanchez01:

Same story. Leadership wise, the PDP and the APC are not the same.
I don't argue over politicians. Just post all Buhari campaign promises.... Post GEJ own in 2011 too and tell​ us the difference
Re: Buhari’s Success Claim, Insult To Intelligence Of Nigerians, Says PDP by Sanchez01: 6:10am On Apr 17, 2017
menstrualpad:

I don't argue over politicians. Just post all Buhari campaign promises.... Post GEJ own in 2011 too and tell​ us the difference
I figured, judging by your sobriquet. Just so you know, this is not an argument about politicians but facts. We are not all dummies, you know?

Buhari is a huge failure, no doubt. Jonathan, well, the greater failure between the duo. Take that to the bank.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Success Claim, Insult To Intelligence Of Nigerians, Says PDP by menstrualpad: 6:12am On Apr 17, 2017
A surfeit of facts you meant to say.

God help you with facts gathering on Nigerian politicians.
Sanchez01:

I figured, judging by your sobriquet. Just so you know, this is not an argument about politicians but facts. We are not all dummies, you know?
Re: Buhari’s Success Claim, Insult To Intelligence Of Nigerians, Says PDP by menstrualpad: 6:13am On Apr 17, 2017
menstrualpad:

Sanchez01 do these and get my undivided attention.
Re: Buhari’s Success Claim, Insult To Intelligence Of Nigerians, Says PDP by Sanchez01: 6:15am On Apr 17, 2017
menstrualpad:
A surfeit of facts you meant to say.

God help you with facts gathering on Nigerian politicians.
One minute you quoted power generation of 5,000 Megawatts, claiming it's true. I slapped you with the obvious and you turned around saying you don't argue over politicians, even while asking me to put up Jonathan's and Buhari’s campaign promises to compare. And you don't argue over politicians.

It seems you were born yesterday.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Success Claim, Insult To Intelligence Of Nigerians, Says PDP by menstrualpad: 6:16am On Apr 17, 2017
Sanchez01:

One minute you quoted power generation of 5,000 Megawatts, claiming it's true. I slapped you with the obvious and you turned around saying you don't argue over politicians, even while asking me to put up Jonathan's and Buhari’s campaign promises to compare. And you don't argue over politicians.

It seems you were born yesterday.
You know what you have to do. To get my attention.
Re: Buhari’s Success Claim, Insult To Intelligence Of Nigerians, Says PDP by Nobody: 6:18am On Apr 17, 2017
Ok
Re: Buhari’s Success Claim, Insult To Intelligence Of Nigerians, Says PDP by TPAND(f): 6:19am On Apr 17, 2017
Buhari is delusional. His failure as head of state and president are both historic feat, posterity will look back in history and wonder how stupîd their fore-fathers were to have elected and economic nonentity as president
Re: Buhari’s Success Claim, Insult To Intelligence Of Nigerians, Says PDP by Sanchez01: 6:19am On Apr 17, 2017
menstrualpad:

You know what you have to do. To get my attention.
LMAO! And you keep coming back! Like your attention can buy a N50 sausage roll grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Success Claim, Insult To Intelligence Of Nigerians, Says PDP by menstrualpad: 6:20am On Apr 17, 2017
Sanchez01:

LMAO! And you keep coming back! Like your attention can buy a N50 sausage roll grin
You and I are the victims of what you are celebrating.
Re: Buhari’s Success Claim, Insult To Intelligence Of Nigerians, Says PDP by menstrualpad: 6:20am On Apr 17, 2017
TPAND:
Buhari is delusional. His failure as head of state and president are both historic feat, posterity will look back in history and wonder how stupîd their fore-fathers were to have elected and economic nonentity as president
Well said.
Re: Buhari’s Success Claim, Insult To Intelligence Of Nigerians, Says PDP by oyatmicah(m): 6:36am On Apr 17, 2017
Na creative thunder go fire all Nigerian politicians frm left to right, bt for nw make i no kill mysef for dia stupidity.
I for say wetin concern me bt dia gbedu wey dey burst brain too sweet

Re: Buhari’s Success Claim, Insult To Intelligence Of Nigerians, Says PDP by Ehiscotch(m): 7:01am On Apr 17, 2017
Fact is the APC are a better opposition to themselves than the factional PDPs put together.
Re: Buhari’s Success Claim, Insult To Intelligence Of Nigerians, Says PDP by DonBobes(m): 9:29am On Apr 18, 2017
menstrualpad:

The guy ia right our tropps were dislodged at damba yesterday. God help us. Amen.
Re: Buhari’s Success Claim, Insult To Intelligence Of Nigerians, Says PDP by DonBobes(m): 9:30am On Apr 18, 2017
menstrualpad:

The guy is right our tropps were dislodged at damboa yesterday. God help us. Amen.
Re: Buhari’s Success Claim, Insult To Intelligence Of Nigerians, Says PDP by tuniski: 10:08am On Apr 18, 2017
Sanchez01:

Why can't u focus on KOWA abi HOPE since they are the relevant opposition to you! Smh
Re: Buhari’s Success Claim, Insult To Intelligence Of Nigerians, Says PDP by slivertongue: 10:13am On Apr 18, 2017
new2012:

If you are at Damboa please take time and educate us because most of what we read and hear are propaganda from government and her corridor friends. I had actually thought that this government was going to be different in information management but they seem to hype everything and rely heavily on half truth
Re: Buhari’s Success Claim, Insult To Intelligence Of Nigerians, Says PDP by slivertongue: 10:35am On Apr 18, 2017
Sanchez01:

Credit must go to this government for seriously reducing the capacity of BH to launch attacks, but the truth must be told that BH is still alive.
The government has tried in the fight against corruption. That is not to say that cumulatively this government has done well.
This government has destroyed the already weak economy it inherited, they have done more damage to the state and economy with their shambolic and thoughtless actions. Nigerians had expected this government to do away with the ills of the past administrations but continue with the positives. What this government has done is to throw away the baby with the barth water. Alot of factors account for the crises we face as a nation, so also there are factors for the temporary success we achieve.
We must lay a concrete plan to address the national question instead of the hero worship, tribal and religious contestions, Nepotism- which is actually the root of corruption in nigeria etc
We must all unite to call this government to order because we have one economy, and one market.
Re: Buhari’s Success Claim, Insult To Intelligence Of Nigerians, Says PDP by menstrualpad: 12:12pm On Apr 18, 2017
DonBobes:

The guy ia right our tropps were dislodged at damba yesterday. God help us. Amen.
That is very serious.

(1) (Reply)

Only Buhari Can Save Us- Tinubu / Osinbajo Does Not Have The Full Powers Of The President – Fayose / Biafra: Like Ojukwu, Kanu’s Ndi’gbo Messiness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.