Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,612 members, 7,820,178 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:57 AM

Buhari’s Independence Broadcast Insult To Nigerians, Says PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari’s Independence Broadcast Insult To Nigerians, Says PDP (20516 Views)

Full Text Of President Buhari's Independence Day Speech. / 20 Lies From General Buhari’s Independence Day Broadcast, By Reno Omokri / Reno Omokri Debunks Buhari's Independence Day Speech (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari’s Independence Broadcast Insult To Nigerians, Says PDP by iwaeda: 6:14pm On Oct 01, 2019
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has described President Muhammadu Buhari’s Independence Day broadcast as an insult on the psyche of Nigerians and a mockery of the nation’s integrity as an independent state.

The party said the President’s speech was completely unpresidential, lacking in patriotic stance and replete with manifest inconsistencies, contradictions, paradoxes and false performance claims.

In a statement Tuesday by the spokesman for the PDP, Kola Ologbondiyan, the main opposition party said the President’s broadcast was a “mockery of democracy” and has further confirmed that the country is in wrong hands.

It noted that President Buhari, in his recorded address, failed to forcefully address the key issues of freedom, social justice, constitutional order, separation of powers, rule of law, human rights, credible elections, national cohesion, accountability and transparency in government.

According to the PDP, President Buhari ignored these very fundamentals of an independent state, because his administration had violated them all.

It expressed regrets that the President had no forceful reassurances on the challenge of escalated insecurity under his watch.

“He (President) had no clear-cut and operable blueprint to revamp our economy, which his administration wrecked in a period of four years, resulting in so much hardship and despondency that Nigerians now resort to suicide and slavery abroad as options.

“Our party notes that this address further exposes that the Buhari Presidency is not interested in nation building; that it is completely disconnected from the people and remains insensitive to the plights of Nigerians”, the PDP said.

The party further stated that if anything, the President only succeeded in further demonstrating that his administration is, indeed, in no position to deliver a credible, acceptable and satisfactory independence address.

This PDP lamented that under the Buhari Presidency, the nation has experienced the worst form of division, deprivation, human right abuse, constitutional violations, disregard for rule of law, electoral malpractices, disobedience to court orders, disrespect for separation of powers and curtailing of press freedom.

It added that due to the incompetence and legitimacy challenges confronting the Buhari Presidency, the nation has lost its voice and due regard in the international arena; “as the administration has remained lacking in the required capacity and boldness to forcefully engage other world leaders on critical issues”.

“The dearth in foreign direct investments and the inhuman treatments being meted out on our citizens in countries where we were once held in very high esteem, are some of the injuries our nation is suffering under the Buhari administration”, the statement said.

The party observed that while other leaders motivate their citizens on Independence Day, President Buhari presented uninspiring claims, propaganda and empty promises, describing the development as “depressing”.

The PDP however urged Nigerians not to despair but keep hope alive, as the nation collectively awaits the Supreme Court to deliver justice and retrieve “our stolen” presidential mandate, so that the nation will have a leadership that it truly deserves at this point in the nation’s history

https://thenationonlineng.net/buharis-independence-broadcast-insult-to-nigerians-says-pdp/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Independence Broadcast Insult To Nigerians, Says PDP by Aonkuuse(m): 6:20pm On Oct 01, 2019
Can they shut up for once

36 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Independence Broadcast Insult To Nigerians, Says PDP by Nukilia: 6:28pm On Oct 01, 2019
I think the PDP crooks should spare us the rethorics! We were all in this country when the BOT of PDP told Nigerians that they'll run Nigerians for 60 years. Today, the story has changed. I cannot forget so quickly how PDP members and their families were smiling to the bank with looted funds while the roads were not fixed and the nations treasury was raped ruthlessly.

The APC rode on the back of the suffering masses and today they have brought hardship on the citizen of this country. This same party decided to awaken the dictatorial style of leadership carried out by past military leaders in Nigeria. I can assure them that they will meet with stiff resistance very soon and their party will fall like a pack of cards. Anyone that associates with this dictatorial party would be dragged on the streets and their properties would be destroyed within a split second.

As students of history, we could remember so well how the praise singers of Abacha extolled him in the press and they laughed at the suffering masses. It is only a matter of time before things change and we have Buhari paying for the sins of the past retired generals who have meted out hardship on Nigerians. The handwriting is on the wall, ranging from disobeying of court order and manhandling of innocent citizens.

When the sleeping Nigerians wake up, the present political leaders in PDP and APC would leave the country under the cover of darkness and their families would be repatriated to Nigeria where their heads will roll on the altar of true justice!

#IndependenceIsComing cry

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Independence Broadcast Insult To Nigerians, Says PDP by NwaNimo1(m): 7:13pm On Oct 01, 2019
Buhari is an embarrassment internationally.....

68 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Independence Broadcast Insult To Nigerians, Says PDP by Ongorooo: 7:13pm On Oct 01, 2019
These ones are still chasing clouts

11 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Independence Broadcast Insult To Nigerians, Says PDP by clems88(m): 7:13pm On Oct 01, 2019
Nukilia:
I think the PDP crooks should spare us the rethorics! We were all in this country when the BOT of PDP told Nigerians that they'll run Nigerians for 60 years. Today, the story has changed. I cannot forget so quickly how PDP members and their families were smiling to the bank with looted funds while the roads were not fixed and the nations treasury was raped ruthlessly.

The APC rode on the back of the suffering masses and today they have brought hardship on the citizen of this country. This same party decided to awaken the dictatorial style of leadership carried out by past military leaders in Nigeria. I can assure them that they will meet with stiff resistance very soon and their party will fall like a pack of cards. Anyone that associates with this dictatorial party would be dragged on the streets and their properties would be destroyed within a split second.

As students of history, we could remember so well how the praise singers of Abacha extolled him in the press and they laughed at the suffering masses. It is only a matter of time before things change and we have Buhari paying for the sins of the past retired generals who have meted out hardship on Nigerians. The handwriting is on the wall, ranging from disobeying of court order and manhandling of innocent citizens.

When the sleeping Nigerians wake up, the present political leaders in PDP and APC would leave the country under the cover of darkness and their families would be repatriated to Nigeria where their heads will roll on the altar of true justice!

#IndependenceIsComing cry
ok

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Independence Broadcast Insult To Nigerians, Says PDP by Toscarele: 7:14pm On Oct 01, 2019
it is not untrue, very insulting, I even heard he promised steady power supply soon after all the promises of change now its the next level of suffering, what A mockery

the lies are too much to bare

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Independence Broadcast Insult To Nigerians, Says PDP by sexyking1: 7:14pm On Oct 01, 2019
I'm a staunch critics of this administration, but the way PDP reacts like a drowning cat makes me feel they have nothing to offer even. Please let them channel their reactions and actions to more productive things other than criticizing already known unrepentant and certified illiterate we have in aso!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Independence Broadcast Insult To Nigerians, Says PDP by UGYM: 7:14pm On Oct 01, 2019
For Sale wink

iPhone XR and 8+ both 64GB and Chip Unlock. You can contact me on Whatsapp/Call - Zero703818757one

Re: Buhari’s Independence Broadcast Insult To Nigerians, Says PDP by Nobody: 7:14pm On Oct 01, 2019
Never expected less from our presido

We opened verified WeChat and Alipay wallet.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Independence Broadcast Insult To Nigerians, Says PDP by foliman(m): 7:15pm On Oct 01, 2019
Hustler ambition!

PDP's comment is also an abberation to sanity....

If they had performed to expectation, we wouldn't have brought this dictator to rule in the first place...

Yeye dey smell.....

Check my siggy and do recommend me for please, I won't dissapoint like Buhari.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Independence Broadcast Insult To Nigerians, Says PDP by Eteka1(m): 7:15pm On Oct 01, 2019
To hell with you fools.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Independence Broadcast Insult To Nigerians, Says PDP by Kennitrust(m): 7:15pm On Oct 01, 2019
We are not independent.

Its very clear, we are not independent.

We have nothing to prove that we an independent nation

Nothing.

Can oyinbo come and colonized us one more time because, we have no different from the time they left us. No improvement at all!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Independence Broadcast Insult To Nigerians, Says PDP by awoniyi1236(m): 7:15pm On Oct 01, 2019
birds of thesame feathers

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Independence Broadcast Insult To Nigerians, Says PDP by javaguru: 7:15pm On Oct 01, 2019
what do expect from a person that lost his certificate.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Independence Broadcast Insult To Nigerians, Says PDP by desiredhome: 7:16pm On Oct 01, 2019
Beauty of democracy,
Re: Buhari’s Independence Broadcast Insult To Nigerians, Says PDP by NonFarmPayrol: 7:16pm On Oct 01, 2019
well if you believe its not an insult

then you need a medical check up

cause the scammer called buhari cant be getting the best health care outside Nigeria and travelling the globe
and tell us about being patriotic

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Independence Broadcast Insult To Nigerians, Says PDP by franchasng: 7:16pm On Oct 01, 2019
Thread topic = #FACT angry

Cherrybae:
Can PDP shut up for once. A party that ruled for 16yrs a period of oil boom and looted Nigeria dry.

I may not like Buhari and AzpC but I'm satisfied with Buhari.

Only Igbos will hail PDP for this, supporters of evil.
Just listen to yourself talk, read what you typed again and read it again, and be honest to yourself, are you truly satisfied with Buhari's performance If I say a prayer that may God and nature and your future husband or current husband rule your life the same way Buhari is ruling Nigeria, can you boldly and honestly say AMEN

Be careful with the things you say, nature have a way of giving you back what you wish.

Listen, PDP is not a human being, PDP is not a person, 90% or more of the people currently working with Buhari now and shouting PDP destroyed Nigeria for 16 years were all members of PDP who just changed uniform to APC, so what are you blabbing about PDP destroyed Nigeria, who is PDP

Which party did Rotimi Amaechi the God of Yorubas and supporters of Buhari's evil leadership came from

Which party did Godswill Akpabio belonged to some few years ago

Which party was El Rufai in Chris Ngige, Rochas Okorocha, Adams Oshiomhole, which party did they belonged to before and which party brought them to political limelight

People like you are the reason Nigeria has remained miserable and stagnant as it is!!! Who is PDP

Stop talking about PDP and talk about people and persons!

Nigerian political system have no political party structure, they just run to any party they feel have the power and federal might to rig election for their favor, no ideology, so stop deceiving yourself young woman or man, I don't know which you are!!

Buhari is the worst president to ever rule Nigeria; he is worst than Abacha and even his own wife Aisha Buhari has agreed and totally disappointed with him!! angry

Or are you more Buharist than Aisha Buhari his wife and kids

Keep fooling yourself, time will tell you.

Igbos you are blabbing about that they are the only ones supporting PDP, its not as if Igbos are supporting PDP, Igbos are not...Buhari is a total disaster to Nigeria....and its only Igbos full opposition and criticism of Buhari's failed government that has made Buhari and his cohorts they call cabals to be doing the little positive works they have been doing, if not for Igbos, Buhari and his co would have pocket Nigeria, including you and your household and nobody will question them, so thank Igbos for keeping Buhari and co on their toes smiley

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Independence Broadcast Insult To Nigerians, Says PDP by Cherrybae(f): 7:17pm On Oct 01, 2019
Can PDP shut up for once. A party that ruled for 16yrs a period of oil boom and looted Nigeria dry.

I may not like Buhari and AzpC but I'm satisfied with Buhari.

Only Igbos will hail PDP for this, supporters of evil.

13 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Independence Broadcast Insult To Nigerians, Says PDP by omenka(m): 7:18pm On Oct 01, 2019
Expected. cheesy

Next. cheesy

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Independence Broadcast Insult To Nigerians, Says PDP by islandmoon: 7:18pm On Oct 01, 2019
lol , PDP is the oldest party of the looters while APC is the new looter's party , same thieves in PDP moved to APC , PDP is NEPA while APC is PHCN, no difference at all, their both major aim is to frustrate Nigerians.

thieves fighting thieves! Ole s!!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Independence Broadcast Insult To Nigerians, Says PDP by akdjr(m): 7:18pm On Oct 01, 2019
My only joy is that PDP can never smell that sit again.

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Independence Broadcast Insult To Nigerians, Says PDP by GavelSlam: 7:19pm On Oct 01, 2019
You will say exactly the same thing next year.

PDP has a template for rejection of the President's Independence Day speech.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Independence Broadcast Insult To Nigerians, Says PDP by Seventy7kings: 7:19pm On Oct 01, 2019
undecided
A pot calling the kettle black.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Independence Broadcast Insult To Nigerians, Says PDP by wellmax(m): 7:19pm On Oct 01, 2019
Yes, that's what an opposition party would say.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Independence Broadcast Insult To Nigerians, Says PDP by Temitope009(f): 7:20pm On Oct 01, 2019
Even though I did not listen to the president's independence speech, I think PDP is just trying to play politics.
All in all, it's politics jare.
Oppose, Attack, Win elections. In their very very hearts, they wine and dine cool

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Independence Broadcast Insult To Nigerians, Says PDP by Flexherbal(m): 7:21pm On Oct 01, 2019
Ok

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Independence Broadcast Insult To Nigerians, Says PDP by chakula: 7:21pm On Oct 01, 2019
NwaNimo1:
Buhari is an embarrassment internationally.....

Why not Nationally?

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Independence Broadcast Insult To Nigerians, Says PDP by osuofia2(m): 7:22pm On Oct 01, 2019
Big insult and slap to the faces of Nigerians..
Re: Buhari’s Independence Broadcast Insult To Nigerians, Says PDP by Myself2(m): 7:23pm On Oct 01, 2019
Only two categories of Nigerians will applaud Buhari for that address filled with lies and wickedness.They are;
1) Hypocritical thieves/liars benefitting from this evil corrupt government
2) Fools that are almost brain dead that they can't see beyond their noses

8 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

World Bank To FG: Reform Now To Stop Further Slide Into Extreme Poverty / Oshiomhole Stops His Motorcade To Dance With Elderly Women In Igarra (Video) / FG Launches Power Outage Reporting App

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.