Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,379 members, 7,812,107 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:21 AM

Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) - Literature (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) (97643 Views)

Ndidi And The Telekinesis Man (A Fantasy Romance Novella By Kayode Odusanya) / Supernaculars [the Renascence] A Sci-fantasy Novel / Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 6:49pm On Nov 03, 2017
So what do u guys think about Mibazar winning the fight? I know some people didn't expect that. But with the way the fight went, do u think Mibazar won the fight correctly or he won because the writer wanted him to win? grin
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Damibiz(m): 8:48pm On Nov 03, 2017
Mibazar won bcus he source for powerz outside their Temple..mibazar is one of the character i love here,his quest for power...
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Nobody: 8:58pm On Nov 03, 2017
I expected it cos it is not yet d last fight for Mibazaar n for the record, every exceptional writer like you will tow the same path. So it did not come as a surprise
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Oladim001(m): 9:51pm On Nov 03, 2017
I still don't believe Achron is dead. The writer made him die too quickly unlike when Khaufir was fighting.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by meneski(m): 9:53am On Nov 04, 2017
Oladim001:
I still don't believe Achron is dead.
The writer made him die too quickly unlike when Khaufir was fighting.
Kaufir there fight na childs na. Besides kaufir don turn zombie.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by sleemoon(m): 12:01pm On Nov 04, 2017
Oladim001:
I still don't believe Achron is dead.
The writer made him die too quickly unlike when Khaufir was fighting.

Likewise me too... Achron dead ke... He ll resurrect.. Mark my words... I no trust Apollux for anything
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Nobody: 9:43pm On Nov 04, 2017
Apollux:
Thanks. Happy new month to you all . (How many people even remembered that last night was Halloween?)
As of the baron.... Hmmmm let me not say much at this time till the story is over.
Sorry for the lack of updates o, light has been a serious challenge. I was able to charge my tab yesterday. So I'm typing a little update at the moment. May update when I finish later.
I have a weird phone that changes its lock screen wallpaper automatically during celebration... happy Halloween

Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Nobody: 8:55pm On Nov 05, 2017
Hello Apollux I just read the marvel chronicles and i need the concluding chapter... here is my email "gbeminiyimicaiah@gmail.com" and if there is anyone here that has the concluding chapter kindly mail me
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Nobody: 8:56pm On Nov 05, 2017
And please an update on memoirs of blood and steel is also needed
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 5:07pm On Nov 06, 2017
♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠

The floating globe of light dispel the darkness as Thrace stepped in first through the open door, Jarrael behind him been followed by Gamba and Khen. The air in the place first smelled rancid, stale and dry with thick dust in the unpleasant mix. Thrace spoke words in low tunes after which the air became more breathable and the smell, though still there was less poignant, just a dull touch at the back of the mind.
The door led into a place the floating globe revealed to appear like a place which would have been called a long passage but was more like a tunnel because the roof was so low that it was barely above their heads and have a conclave form like the inside of a sphere. Only a small walkway was allowed in the place that can just admit one person at a time while both side had raised platforms. The platforms went as far as the tunnel and their eyes could see. The platforms have things that at first glance looked like strangely carved boxes but with a better look, were revealed to be sarcophagi, made from what seem like black slabs of ceramics and images with intricate hieroglyphs of engraved in gold.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 5:29pm On Nov 06, 2017
“These sarcophagi are coffins where the bodies of every single Arc priest and some notable high priests are laid to rest. It is actually a highly venerable place to the priesthood of Nemphis. “ Turning to face the others behind him , the acolyte continued with a smile. “By the law of the priesthood, we should be dead for even setting our foot in this place. “
Seeing the grim face of Jarrael, Thrace quickly turned back and faced forward the smile dropping from his face. “How come you knew so much about this place having not been here before. “ Khen asked as he continued moving.
Lifting the huge volume book gifted to him by Ruel, Thrace pointed at it without looking behind.
“You mean you gained all these knowledge from the few days you had this book with you? “ Khen asked again. “With my observations, it’s only on very few occasions you have paid full attention to that book. “
“As to that, you should know mages don’t read books like other people read. In reality, we actually absorb the knowledge from books. “ the acolyte replied patiently.
“Does that mean the moment you open a book, you are instantly filled with all information in it? “
“That’s not how it works, Khen. When you read a book of spell, each of the knowledge comes to you depending on how it is made to be received or when it is needed or…” Thrace scratched his head with a sign of irritation. “You know what, just forget about it. You won’t understand it anyway, leave the magicking to me. “
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 5:35pm On Nov 06, 2017
After much slow walking they got to a place with a circular iron grating blocking their way. “Well here is the end of the catacombs. Beyond this place, we will enter the tunnels that leads to the other underground access way underneath the city and its surrounding areas. “
Touching the grating lightly he spoke words and it opened inward. “We are fortunate that Khaufir’s boss removed the magical defense of this place if not, we wouldn’t have gotten this far. “ Putting the book back in his purse, he continued. “Beyond this place, there is an independent defense apart from the magical ones. The nature of the defense is not yet known to me, but I believe it will be something natural that your weapons can handle. So let’s go. “
Stepping out of the round grating, it turned and closed back locking itself as the last person stepped off. Beyond the grating is a wide tunnel in the shape of a long cylinder, dark smelly water and dirty poodles formed on the uneven floor of the tunnel with size of the length of height of three men. Their steps were making long reechoing sounds in the quiet place. Thrace led the way, after a while they got to a Junction that was a T shape. The acolyte led them through the left tunnel, the oppressive heat of the tunnels shrouding them all.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 5:38pm On Nov 06, 2017
Thrace was pointing out different areas the other direction of tunnels lead to showing them a particular tunnel which is connected to the sewage system leading to a slowing moving stream far away from the city. Just them tiny scurrying steps sounded all around them, the light showing shadows of darting tiny rodents like animals running away from the sudden appearance of the light.
After a certain bend, Thrace had a sudden premonition of danger. “’ware every one I think we are about to meet some of the defenses of this place. “
Senses high and alert with sweaty hands grabbing weapons the group continued, taking slow careful steps. “Stop “ Khen said suddenly as he went ahead of Thrace to check a certain track on the ground. Due to the number of years the tunnels had existed, thin line of sands and dust have covered the stony surface of the floor. The Kyaki studied the strange tracks intensely but shook his head in the negative. “These are strange, nothing very familiar to what I have seen before but it’s definitely that of an animal, what type I can’t guess. “
“Alright, let’s move on and be more careful. “ Jarrael said, his scimitars already held by his hands he nodded for Thrace to lead on.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 5:44pm On Nov 06, 2017
A short while letter, most of the tiny scurrying sounds stopped, the tiny darts that have accompanied them most of the way seem to have vanished. In the silence of the tunnels, they heard a new sound like clicks, as if iron points grating on stone. Just then a dark image seem to appear before them still some distance away from the edge of the light made by the floating globe. With a little command the ball blazed a bit brighter which revealed the shadowy image in the dark interior. What the light revealed surprised the lookers.
The image was that of an arachnid, having black glisten carapace with long segmented body, each segment having an insect like legs of three joints ending with a sharp point. At its front are two large digits with bloated pinchers having serrated edges. Eight baleful eyes stared at the watchers, with four mandibles chattering as if in anticipation of a meal. Twin curved tails having large stings dripping dark liquid which is obviously venomous. The creature stood about three feet above the floor.
Those looking already formed a name for the creature they just saw, they knew it as a scorpion but much larger than any they have ever seen. This creature was easily more than the length of a full grown man from the tip of its stinger to the head.
Khen’s voice sounded eerily as the group braced to face the scorpion. “It is not alone, look beyond it. “
“Oh no, by the sacred scarlet hill. “ Thrace cursed with surprise as behind the huge scorpion is a dark squirming mass of shadowy shapes of similar creature, all with malevolence on their features. At least more than two score all packed tightly on the tunnel.

1 Like

Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by zelaws: 6:52pm On Nov 06, 2017
kissAnd when I think we"ve had enough! Thrace should do something fast na. I fear for this guys. The baron is very much at large.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by cyber5(m): 7:13pm On Nov 06, 2017
Apollux
What more can i say
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by tunjilomo(m): 10:15pm On Nov 06, 2017
Too overwhelmed to say something.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by lord3plex(m): 10:51am On Nov 07, 2017
Ya suspense is killing
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Presh900(m): 10:56am On Nov 07, 2017
Apollux can I g3t the concluding chapters of Executive sanctions at ipresh900@gmail.com
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Dave98(m): 6:41pm On Nov 07, 2017
Nice One Just Lyk Am Watch A Movie Thumb Up undecidedNice One Just Lyk Am Watch A Movie Thumb Up
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 8:47pm On Nov 07, 2017
“They are too packed together for us to effectively breakthrough without being harmed or killed either by their venomous stingers, pinchers or sheer size. “ Jarrael observed. “And we can’t head back, that will make us more vulnerable to attacks from behind. Thrace clear us a part. “
“I have the solution right here. “Thrace said as he prepared for a spell. “One thing common to most animals is their fear of fire. “
With his two hands glowing like ambers, he pointed at the mass of giant scorpions blocking their part and released a short stream of fire. The fire fell into the mist of the gathered scorpions, engulfing some of them and forcing the others to scatter in skittering feet.
“Go” yelled the acolyte as the fire started to die down leaving a clear part for them. He didn’t want to create a bigger fire so the air in the tunnels won’t be consumed leaving them with little or nothing to breathe.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 8:54pm On Nov 07, 2017
As they raced through the part the dying fires had created, the scorpions recovered, those that didn’t get destroyed by the fire chased after them. Gamba was the one behind the group , he stopped for a while, his two war axes on his hand, with quick slashes, two of the nearest scorpions dropped to the ground in different pieces. The others continued to run ahead and almost stopped when they noticed that more scorpions were rushing at them from ahead.
“Where are they coming from? “ Khen asked tersely.
“ I think there are holes ahead of us which over the years these animals had used to access parts under the tunnels for quick movement and hunting. “ Thrace said as he blasted two ahead of them with fire from his hands.
Jarrael was behind him, his scimitars cutting a deadly arcs round him, dropping any of the scorpions that get close to him in pieces.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 9:01pm On Nov 07, 2017
“We should be out of this tunnel soon enough where I can put a permanent solution to this. “ Thrace said his breathing high as he ran.
Taking a look back, Khen saw that Gamba had lagged a bit behind in other to fight off the scorpions coming after them, but from the look of it he is about to be overwhelmed. With a quick dart, Khen ran to meet the Hokunian, his curved sword swinging and cutting a part around the giant negro. With well coordinated slashes and cuts, most of the scorpions around them were in pieces of sliced carapace spewing out foul smelling indigo blood.
“Let’s go, you run ahead, I will cover our backs . “ Khen told Gamba as he cut down a scorpion that just ran at them over the scattered pieces of others.
Getting out of the tunnel into a wider one, Thrace stopped and turned back to the place he just came out from. “I think this is a perfect place to stop this. “
Jarrael was already out of the tunnel, as the acolyte prepared his spells, Gamba came out too. “Where is Khen? “
“He is still back there fighting off the animals. “ Gamba said. “Master let me go back for him. “
As Gamba turned back to the entrance of the tunnel, he saw that just a few steps from it was covered by the dark bodies of the scorpions coming their way and further from that, Khen was in their mist fighting. “You all should go, don’t worry about me. “ The Kyaki screamed at his companions.
With heart heavy and eyes misty, a weighty load of guilt in his heart, Thrace completed the spell and waited till he was sure Khen can’t come out of the tunnel in time and the attacking scorpions were close to the mouth before uttering the magic words, a blast of bright lightning hit the tunnel’s month and the stones crumbled, caved in and covered it effectively burying the scorpions and one of their companion.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Ayotomiwa29(m): 9:10pm On Nov 07, 2017
Noooooooooo.....not khen again cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Centyakam(m): 11:13pm On Nov 07, 2017
angry
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 9:55am On Nov 08, 2017
♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠
Mibazar had taken several steps away from the smoldering corpse that was the Arc priest when he knew something was wrong. Turning back to look at the blackened body he had left on the floor gave him a wild shock. Not only had the body stopped burning, the charcoal body was now standing upright on its feet. The high priest mind screamed that this is impossible. Achron was dead, he was sure of it. Even if the dark energy piecing him hadn’t done the work, the poisonous red flame should have finished the Arc priest.
As Mibazar watched in awe, the blacken flesh began to have itself restored, the burnt skin was being replaced by flesh till the charred bones, eyes and flesh of the face was renewed and took on once again the appearance of life that had characterized it before now.
Achron laughed long and hard, his voice sounding hollow due to lots of open spaces in the chamber with broken wall as a result of the energy onslaught. “Do you think, my foolish underling, that you are the only one that has experimented on that accursed magic of the hated white hands society? “
Taking a little while to savor the look of surprise and disbelief on the face of the high priest as his office robes and vestments were recreated, he continued. “I too have dabbled into the magics that had been forbidden to those of our sect. The very principles of the healing magic you stole from the adepts of it and taught to your disciple Khaufir, is very familiar to me. As a matter of fact, I have built and improved on it. While your lackey became enslaved to the power of advance tissue mending spell, I became its master. “
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 10:01am On Nov 08, 2017
So saying, Achron brushed lightly on his newly recreated clothes. “Oh don’t just stand there, speak up and tell me you are impressed. At least give me that much. “
Mibazar’s face was a frozen image of shock as if carved on granite. His vocal chords seem paralyzed and no sound could come out of them. His limbs felt locked into place as if been hammered by nails into his body as his eyes began to watch the incredible display.
. “Did you honestly think what you just did now will be enough to kill me? If that was the case, I would have been removed from being an Arc priest long before now. “ Waving his hand at a seemingly ash pile, it immediately formed into Achron’s staff and flew into his open hand. “I suspected correctly that before you will decide to challenge me, you must have a secret plan you intend to use in killing me with a surprise. So I have to feign that weakness after the release of that raw energy barrage, so you will be pushed to make your move. And I was right, you fell totally for it.
“Do you really believe you’re my equal in stamina and endurance in a contest of raw clerical power? I will still be standing long after all your powers have been drained from you, leaving your flesh a dried husk. “
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by supizino(m): 10:03am On Nov 08, 2017
omo mibazar your end don near
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 10:10am On Nov 08, 2017
With a loud sigh of mocked sadness the Arc priest walked closer to the immobile high priest. “You were a worthy challenge, you deserve certain amount of accolade, but a little one. But be rest assured none will every remember you. I will wipe out every single achievement you have made in your career as a high priest here. I will make sure no one will remember you ever existed within the walls of the black tower. You will be a no-one. “
After laughing loudly for a while again his face now took on a serious look. “Just like you, I also kept a secret I intend to use against you when the time is ripe, which I think it is. This secret is what had kept me as an Arc priest continuously for fifty years unchallenged. I killed my last challenger with this secret. “
Opening his right palm, a green tendril of light seem to grow out of it like a budding flower, with tiny sparkles of brighter lights like tiny stars floating around it. The green light tendril went up after a certain height it started to coil down on itself. “This is a green magic, completely forbidden to us as Nemphis priests but that had never stopped me nor you from going into it. Well this is a type of magic generally called earth magic or life magic. We of the Nemphis order hated this particular spell because we believe it is a weak spell for those who are afraid to take power and rule. “
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 10:17am On Nov 08, 2017
Taking a little time to play a bit with the energy tendril coiling on his open palm, looking at the high priest to make sure he is paying attention. “One thing I came to discover about the life magic is that it is like a two edge sword, what can give life can also take life away. So on my own, I made what most practitioners of the green magic will call a corruption, a deviant I call the green death. “
With a slight turning of his hand he caused all the tiny stars floating around the emerald tendril to fuse, joining the tendril it resulted in a bright tiny explosion of green light. “You want to know what the green death is all about? Well it’s hard to explain, here let me show you. “
Achron threw the flashing green light at the still standing high priest. The green light blew up as it touched Mibazar then died down to a dull glow which began to suffuse him over his body in greenish hues. The high priest moved just then, twisting and hitting his body as if trying to douse a flame burning all over him. His mouth now worked, speaking words as if to create a spell. Whatever spell he seem to be trying to conjure appears to fail. Just then he screamed. It sounded like the helpless wail of a bound calf led unerringly to the slaughter.
The green hue all over the high priest started to break up his skin, disintegrating and turning it to ash. The muscles and flesh followed, been slowly ripped off from the bones. The scream was cut off then, as the flesh of the jaw and the tongue were pulled off too. The flesh also broke apart into tiny sand like particles. Only the bones were left still standing but that too started to crumble as if decaying at a very fast pace. Just then every part that had once been all that Mibazar was made up of was turned into ash within the green glow that covered him, then the ashes were thrown down in a pile on the broken floor.
“ A pity, such a waste of rare potential. “the Arc priest said after taking some time to observe the pile of ash for a while. “Will just have to get someone to sweep this and threw it into the dung heap. “

1 Like

Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Matrycx(m): 10:25am On Nov 08, 2017
make i see if my comments go appear
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Matrycx(m): 10:35am On Nov 08, 2017
apollux man 3 gbosa 4 u, so sad meera and khen had to die bt dats what makes the story more interesting,
I hope this is the end of mibazzar, but one thing i like about him is that he will go to any length to get what he wants,
one question that i keep asking myself is that
WHO IS MIBAZZAR?

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (Reply)

Life Of A Uam Boy / Naija Thug Life (Foxy, Flow1759 & The Rock555 Collabo) / Thrills Of A Lagos Babe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.