Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,432 members, 7,954,712 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:44 AM

The Official Ibadan Urban, Rural Thread - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Official Ibadan Urban, Rural Thread (14030 Views)

Urban Renewal In Nigeria: Development Of States And Capitals / Picture Of Train Passing Through A Rural Community In Nigeria / On A Road Trip to rural America,come With Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Official Ibadan Urban, Rural Thread by tunnytox(m): 10:25pm On Aug 26, 2010
Kare Obalukan,,,Oke badan a gbe o
Re: The Official Ibadan Urban, Rural Thread by DisGuy: 3:05am On Aug 27, 2010
Ibadan people are not representing at all, see pictures of Lagos and Abuja all over the site. . .
Re: The Official Ibadan Urban, Rural Thread by obalukan: 8:45am On Aug 27, 2010
tunnytox , (Amin)oooooooooooooo
Re: The Official Ibadan Urban, Rural Thread by jalether(m): 11:22pm On Aug 30, 2010
Dis Guy:

Ibadan people are not representing at all, see pictures of Lagos and Abuja all over the site. . .

That's because Ibadan has nothing remarkable to offer besides its rich history and culture.
Re: The Official Ibadan Urban, Rural Thread by DisGuy: 11:56pm On Aug 30, 2010
How sad,
Re: The Official Ibadan Urban, Rural Thread by omobadan(m): 3:25pm On Aug 31, 2010
Dis Guy:

The pictures will come soon. There's nothing wrong with showing your rich culture and history. The modern history is on it's way. Lagos, most of the time is all show and no substance. But, I'll readily admit under it's latest Governor, it has been showing more class and substance. Hopefully, Ibadan can wake up and show Lagos and Abuja that we're the pacesetters! cool
Re: The Official Ibadan Urban, Rural Thread by Shinatu: 10:23am On Sep 14, 2010
obalukan:

Ibadan oooooooooooooo, omo ajegbin je karaun omo afikaraun fori mu ibadan ilu ojo, ily ajayi, ilu ibikunle, ilu ogunmola, olododo keri keri loju ogun, omo agbo sasa ma sa omo agbo yaya maya, ooooooooooooooooo Ibadan Oni baje (Amin) oooooooooo poster thanks for the good job

Obalukan!! If I could spray you money through the computer, you would be covered with naira notesĀ  now as expected traditionally

Ogunmola happens to be my greatgrandfather, It was an exciting day for us when his statue was placed at Total Garden round about, many years back.

To all Ibadan people, kindly suggest places to hang out in Ibadan, I have been leaving in another part of the country for about 20years,I only go home during Xmas or for family functions. Many of my school mates have left town so I find my stay in Ibadan boring after a few days. I take my son to the Zoo and Amusement park and that's it.

I live around Bashorun, so please feel free to suggest interesting places, I am a female so shoping centers are appreciated as I want to make use of this coming Xmas trip to get some laces and shoes from exciting places different from the Traditional Gbagi etc.
Re: The Official Ibadan Urban, Rural Thread by EuroMeko(m): 5:18am On Jun 25, 2011
Thanks for all the picture posters, really appreciate it.

I left in 1986 and came back home for the first time in 2005, here are some pictures of that visit of Ibadan

(I have 30 to share, will post as time permits).

I hope to be on the ground next month, In Sha Allah, and will contribute more professional pictures.

PS: Is anybody from Imalefalafa on here?
Re: The Official Ibadan Urban, Rural Thread by DisGuy: 5:47am On Jun 25, 2011
Well done mekos keep them coming!!! ( i thought you were Igbo initially)
Re: The Official Ibadan Urban, Rural Thread by EuroMeko(m): 6:15am On Jun 25, 2011
Oh ma Bruda, I be Oluyole proper, "Ibi Ole Gbe Njare Oniun" but by the way of Ijebu Ode. My Ibadan friends salute me by asking if I am a human being or an Ijebu Man - lol

I worked here for some time in the early 80s in the foreign exchange department. Back when Kingsway was still there I think.

My first employer and my Late Dads employer too and actually my Junior Brother followed my footsteps there.

Oke Bola.

I was lucky to still find my Wasiu Talazo series here. I cherish my Talazo 84 and 85. Igi Jegede for life grin

Man wey get head no get hat. I will sell this antique Vespa in this condition for no less than $3,500 in Los Angeles

Somebody dey declare.

I think this is the general post office.

My Mums sewing machine, I'm sure it's older than me.

Sorry if this causes nightmare for some grin

I believe this is on the way to Ijebu Ode.

Only one strap of steel shocked

I believe that this is Mokola roundabout. There used to be a Fiat/Lada dealership there in the days, 70's and my Uncle was a Manager there.

Polythecnic?

View from a hotel towards Challenge junction / Ring Road

My Alma Matter, Ibadan Grammar School. That was my classroom.

Re: The Official Ibadan Urban, Rural Thread by DisGuy: 7:34am On Jun 25, 2011
wow nice!!

I'd say Ibadan seems to have a distinct look especially with the architecture it has more character, not just copy and paste like in some parts of the ocuntry
Re: The Official Ibadan Urban, Rural Thread by mrlovefield: 7:51pm On Jul 18, 2013
lolz is that a monkey village

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Shonekan's Burial: Lagos Announces Closure Of Roads In Marina Friday / Mozambique Visa & Cost.. Please Help ! / Why Don't Africans Spend Their Holidays More In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.