Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,512 members, 7,819,853 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:26 AM

Osborne Towers: EFCC Invites Ex-governor, Others - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osborne Towers: EFCC Invites Ex-governor, Others (21910 Views)

Names Of Occupants Of Osborne Towers Ikoyi Where $50m Was Found By EFCC / Court Ruling On The $48M Recovered From Osborne Towers, Ikoyi / EFCC Obtains Warrant To Search All Flats In Osborne Towers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osborne Towers: EFCC Invites Ex-governor, Others by sarrki(m): 4:14am On Apr 18, 2017
How NIA got property where $43.4m was found

Amaechi seeks N2b compensation

Detectives are to question a former governor and some high-profile owners of apartments in Osborne Towers, Ikoyi, Lagos where $43.4million was recovered last Wednesday.

Besides, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has identified how the controversial apartment 7B, where the $43.4m was kept, was acquired. Also recovered were £27,000 and N23m cash.
The EFCC has intensified investigation into the roles played by some apartment owners and tenants on how the cash was brought into the Towers, The Nation has learnt.

The anti-graft agency is said to be suspecting that some owners or tenants may have been complicit in the matter.

A source said: “The more we investigate this $43.4m haul, the more we get fresh facts. It has become imperative to interact with some owners or tenants of apartments in the Towers.

“We have invited a former governor and other high-profile owners and tenants for interaction. It is just to ask a few questions on whether or not they were aware of such movement of cash.

“We have clues linking some occupants of the Towers to the cash haul. And in line with sections 16 and 17 of the EFCC (Establishment Act) 2004, we are inviting these landlords or tenants.

“Unless we get to the root of this case, Nigerians may not know the truth or otherwise about the cash.
“We are not saying that those invited are guilty of any infraction or having link with the $43.4million but we need to hear from them – in line with the ongoing profiling of those in the Towers.”

Sections 16 and 17 of the EFCC Act reads: “A person when – (a) whether by concealment. removal from jurisdiction, transfer to nominees or otherwise retains the control of the proceeds of a criminal conduct or an illegal act on behalf of another person knowing that the proceeds is as a result of criminal conduct by the principal, or (b) knowing that any property is in whole, or in part, directly or indirectly represent another person’s proceeds of a criminal conduct, acquires or uses that property or has possession of it, commits an office and is liable on conviction to imprisonment for a term not less than five years or to a fine equivalent 105 times the value of the proceeds of the criminal conduct or to both such imprisonment and fine.

“(1) A person who, without lawful authority (a) engages in the acquisition, possession or use of property knowing at the time of its acquisition, possession or use that such property was derived from any offence referred to in this section, or
(b) engages in the management, organisation of financing of any of the offences under this Act; or(c) engages in the conversion or transfer of property knowing that such property is derived from any offence under this Act; or
(d) engages in the concealment or disguise of the true nature, source, location, disposition, movement, rights with respect to or ownership of property knowing that such property is derived from any offence referred to in this section, commits an offence under this Act and is liable on conviction to the penalties provided in Subsection (2) of this section.
”The penalties for offences under subsection (I) of this section shall be imprisonment for a term not less than 15 years and not exceeding 25 years.”

Meanwhile, there were indications yesterday that the EFCC had been able to trace how the controversial 7B apartment, where the $43.4m was kept, was acquired.
Another source said detectives discovered that the 7B Apartment was bought in the name of a company allegedly owned by the wife of a senior government official.

“Since investigation is still ongoing, we will not release the identity of the owner of the company. Doing so might jeopardise investigation,” the source said, adding that the EFCC had interacted with “some people from the company.”

A National Intelligence Agency (NIA) source said of the apartment: “What happened was that because of the nature of the covert operations which the apartment will be used for, it was necessary to manage the process well.”

Only the Deed of Assignment was acquired by Thabis Ventures Limited on behalf of NIA. “And immediately the process for the purchase of the apartment was completed, the ownership was clearly stated in the name of NIA. All the papers are reflecting NIA too, he said, adding: “The title document is available for anyone to

http://thenationonlineng.net/osborne-towers-efcc-invites-ex-governor-others/

1 Share

Re: Osborne Towers: EFCC Invites Ex-governor, Others by Andyg: 4:24am On Apr 18, 2017
Ok FTC . Land grabers keep off
Re: Osborne Towers: EFCC Invites Ex-governor, Others by biafrasun: 4:34am On Apr 18, 2017
Beautiful nonsense, Efcc clap for yourself.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osborne Towers: EFCC Invites Ex-governor, Others by docadams: 4:34am On Apr 18, 2017
Hmmmmm
In a few moments, the EFCC/Amaechiphobic group will flood the thread making nonsense of report of EFCC progress.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osborne Towers: EFCC Invites Ex-governor, Others by SEYILIGHT(m): 4:40am On Apr 18, 2017
EFCC should have been rescued when they were losing it, now, they have lost it.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osborne Towers: EFCC Invites Ex-governor, Others by Aufbauh(m): 4:44am On Apr 18, 2017
One person i felt should not escape the rod of justice in this saga is the DG NIA, Mr. Oke.
He's a complicit and knows more than what we can imagine.

He should be charge for conspiracy to keep stolen money and treason for non disclosure of a supposedly covert operation to the C-in-C within a reasonable time if his wanton claim is justifiable.

18 Likes

Re: Osborne Towers: EFCC Invites Ex-governor, Others by morbeta(m): 4:57am On Apr 18, 2017
This issue is dead already......what we are seeing now is the case of "who named Mongo Park"

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osborne Towers: EFCC Invites Ex-governor, Others by Lanretoye(m): 5:11am On Apr 18, 2017
yawn!,now i wanna sleep...tired of this script.

4 Likes

Re: Osborne Towers: EFCC Invites Ex-governor, Others by cktheluckyman: 5:26am On Apr 18, 2017
Aufbauh:
One person i felt should not escape the rod of justice in this saga is the DG NIA, Mr. Oke.
He's a complicit and knows more than what we can imagine.

He should be charge for conspiracy to keep stolen money and treason for non disclosure of a supposedly covert operation to the C-in-C within a reasonable time if his wanton claim is justifiable.
If you believe this cock and bull story then you will believe anything.

The money has got absolutely nothing to do with the NIA.Every Nigerian on the streets already knows who owns that apartment. This cover up is coming too late.Buhari's fake anti- corruption crusade has already been exposed for the farce it is

74 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Osborne Towers: EFCC Invites Ex-governor, Others by luwiizy(m): 5:35am On Apr 18, 2017
cktheluckyman:

The money has got absolutely nothing to do with the NIA.Every Nigerian on the streets already knows who owns that apartment. This cover up is coming too late.Buhari's fake anti- corruption crusade has already been exposed for the farce it is
lol...see talk every Nigeria knows who owns it abi.?? lol....the same thing your hero could not ever in his lifetime fight...BUHARI is fighting it, so just shut the Bleep up....no time for stupid bear parlour talk..

24 Likes

Re: Osborne Towers: EFCC Invites Ex-governor, Others by Aufbauh(m): 5:38am On Apr 18, 2017
cktheluckyman:

Do you have comprehension problem? Did my comment suggest that i believe the story of Mr.Oke? Learn to read and comprehend before spamming my mentions upandan.

For Mr.Oke to come up and lay claim to the money as belonging to the NIA has implicated himself either way.

19 Likes

Re: Osborne Towers: EFCC Invites Ex-governor, Others by cktheluckyman: 5:45am On Apr 18, 2017
luwiizy:
lol...see talk every Nigeria knows who owns it abi.?? lol....the same thing your hero could not ever in his lifetime fight...BUHARI is fighting it, so just shut the Bleep up....no time for stupid bear parlour talk..
Buhari is fighting corruption? Fighting corruption indeed. Buhari is only interested in going after opposition politicians when members of his team are caught he looks the other way.This cover up will go down in history as one of the most messy in the history of this country. Shame on Buhari!!! Shame on the current leadership of the EFCC.

50 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Osborne Towers: EFCC Invites Ex-governor, Others by ZombieTERROR: 5:46am On Apr 18, 2017
Buhari is a terrorist

2 Likes

Re: Osborne Towers: EFCC Invites Ex-governor, Others by cktheluckyman: 5:46am On Apr 18, 2017
Aufbauh:

Do you have comprehension problem? Did my comment suggest that i believe the story of Mr.Oke? Learn to read and comprehend before spamming my mentions upandan.

For Mr.Oke to come up and lay claim to the money as belonging to the NIA has implicated himself either way.
Mr BMC you have been promoting this messy spin from thread to thread. Quit trying to play smart

44 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Osborne Towers: EFCC Invites Ex-governor, Others by Aufbauh(m): 5:55am On Apr 18, 2017
cktheluckyman:

Mr BMC you have been promoting this messy spin from thread to thread. Quit trying to play smart

Wail on Chairman Corrupt People Supporters' Club of Nigeria.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osborne Towers: EFCC Invites Ex-governor, Others by Aufbauh(m): 5:56am On Apr 18, 2017
cktheluckyman:

Mr.Wailer you've been wailing ceaselessly and fruitlessly trying to rubbish the recovery of this money as a propaganda.

I know it has not been easy for you knowing that those corrupt people you vehemently support online are being caught up in the web that you never believe it could happen...Ndo!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osborne Towers: EFCC Invites Ex-governor, Others by Nobody: 6:08am On Apr 18, 2017
OK. Carry on.

Main while, me my concern na make month end abeg.

1 Like

Re: Osborne Towers: EFCC Invites Ex-governor, Others by ewigmee: 6:13am On Apr 18, 2017
Efcc style of investigation is not so good and need to be changed - as in break in and pack money. Pls is there any law that prohibits one from saving money at home? If no, then any person or organization with evidence of good yearly gain from a business and good legal backing can claim back his money.

12 Likes

Re: Osborne Towers: EFCC Invites Ex-governor, Others by sarrki(m): 6:13am On Apr 18, 2017
ZombieTERROR:
Buhari is a terrorist

grin

E pain am

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osborne Towers: EFCC Invites Ex-governor, Others by MDCCCXXXII: 6:22am On Apr 18, 2017
Sometimes I wonder why our security operatives like making a fool of themselves.

I mean, how is it so hard to know who even owns the building the money was found in?

I'm sure every building, after completion has the name of the owner written in the C of O or whatever they call it.

Shouldn't the apartment the money was discovered have a name attached to it? I mean, what's so hard in finding the person, inviting him for questioning and the likes... lipsrsealed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osborne Towers: EFCC Invites Ex-governor, Others by Atiku2019: 6:23am On Apr 18, 2017
Buhari is fighting Corruption Indeed grin grin grin grin

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osborne Towers: EFCC Invites Ex-governor, Others by SmartchoicesNG: 6:30am On Apr 18, 2017

comedians just invite the flat owner....

2 Likes

Re: Osborne Towers: EFCC Invites Ex-governor, Others by Boleyndynasty2(f): 6:30am On Apr 18, 2017
luwiizy:
Do you guys always have to D*ck measure btw PMB and GEJ? Even when its absolutely irrelevant?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osborne Towers: EFCC Invites Ex-governor, Others by cktheluckyman: 6:32am On Apr 18, 2017
Aufbauh:

Mr.Wailer you've been wailing ceaselessly and fruitlessly trying to rubbish the recovery of this money as a propaganda.

I know it has not been easy for you knowing that those corrupt people you vehemently support online are being caught up in the web that you never believe it could happen...Ndo!
Corrupt people whom I support? You mean like Lootimi?

9 Likes

Re: Osborne Towers: EFCC Invites Ex-governor, Others by mikeycharles(m): 6:33am On Apr 18, 2017
To be sincere I'm beginning to doubt this anti-corruption war

4 Likes

Re: Osborne Towers: EFCC Invites Ex-governor, Others by cktheluckyman: 6:33am On Apr 18, 2017
Aufbauh:

Wail on Chairman Corrupt People Supporters' Club of Nigeria.
Last time I checked I am not the one supporting or trying to shield Mr Lootimi

6 Likes

Re: Osborne Towers: EFCC Invites Ex-governor, Others by rusher14: 6:34am On Apr 18, 2017
cktheluckyman:

Corrupt people whom I support? You mean like Lootimi?
PDP money found in PDP house what's the shame in it?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osborne Towers: EFCC Invites Ex-governor, Others by sarrki(m): 6:36am On Apr 18, 2017
rusher14:

PDP money found in PDP house what's the shame in it?

That mean the money no miss road

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osborne Towers: EFCC Invites Ex-governor, Others by luwiizy(m): 6:53am On Apr 18, 2017
Boleyndynasty2:
Do you guys always have to D*ck measure btw PMB and GEJ? Even when its absolutely irrelevant?
how is GEJ not relevant when its got to do with corruption...how??I thought stealing is not corruption......

5 Likes

Re: Osborne Towers: EFCC Invites Ex-governor, Others by Splashme: 6:56am On Apr 18, 2017
Dd
Re: Osborne Towers: EFCC Invites Ex-governor, Others by Jabioro: 7:01am On Apr 18, 2017
There are many former governors in my father's house, which one of them what is his name.. I beg keep your suspense..

1 Like

Re: Osborne Towers: EFCC Invites Ex-governor, Others by Iamwrath: 7:01am On Apr 18, 2017
Some people already speculated it's Amaechi

Some said it's Tinubu's house

I say WAILERS are apologetic degenerates with zero morals , they want to drag everyone in the mud so they all look dirty

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Imo PDP Chieftains Fight Over Atiku’s Visit / Man Arrested For Trafficking Wife For Prostitution & Selling Her Child In Ogun / Looters’ List: Court Grants Secondus Leave To Summon Lai Mohammed, FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.