Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,052 members, 7,835,553 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:40 AM

5 Famous Women Who Never Got Married - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 5 Famous Women Who Never Got Married (4987 Views)

Rare Image Of The Famous Mystery Animal 'baby Bush' / 10 Famous People Who Were Tagged Failures Before They Became Successful / 7 Most Prominent Public Secondary Schools In Nigeria And Their Famous Alumni PIX (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Famous Women Who Never Got Married by Miraxzeebility(m): 5:11am On Apr 19, 2017
these ones have spiritual husbands aka marine husband
Re: 5 Famous Women Who Never Got Married by Donjazzy12(m): 6:04am On Apr 19, 2017
It is a lesson to most foolish men out there. Successful women, I mean very successful women in the west do not marry. Simply because they do not want to share their money with any man!
If Tiger Woods never married by now he would still have been world number one!

It is a lesson we men need to learn vigorously. Don't marry! Especially if you are successful. The female leaches will be looking for someone rich to suck dry. See how Janet Jackson just made cool 500million dollar within 5years for doing nothing but just staying married.

5 Likes

Re: 5 Famous Women Who Never Got Married by Nobody: 8:00am On Apr 19, 2017
Thepasserby:
Condoleezza Rice

Love her, hate her, agree with her policies or abhor them, people come together on two points about Condoleezza Rice. First, they marvel at her amazing achievements, and second, they wonder about her love life.

Rice was raised in very segregated Alabama by her minister father and teacher mother, and she was also raised to excel. At 15, Rice graduated from high school; at 19, she graduated from college. She received her master’s degree in political science, and at 26, her Ph.D.

In 1983, Rice was hired by Stanford University and at 39 became its youngest provost —not to mention becoming its first black, and first female, provost. In 2005, she became secretary of state under George W. Bush.

On top of that, she’s a concert pianist, an avid football fan, gets up at 5 a.m. to work out six days a week (usually to classic rock along the lines of Cream or Zeppelin) and has never been married.

She is, however, quite fond of football players, including Gene Washington, former player and once the NFL’s director of operations. In a 2006 interview with Katie Couric, Rice said, “I’ve just never particularly wanted to get married to someone.

I just love this woman.
Re: 5 Famous Women Who Never Got Married by Nobody: 8:04am On Apr 19, 2017
Thepasserby:
Coco Chanel

Modern women owe the existence of the following to Gabrielle “Coco” Chanel: the little black dress, pants, unconstructed suits, sling-back pumps, bobbed hair and ropes of pearls.

Chanel also created a collection of bons mots that are as lasting and relevant today as they were when she first dropped them. “A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous,” “There is time for work, and time for love. That leaves no other time,” and “Great loves too, must be endured,” are aphorisms worthy of Oscar Wilde.

Chanel was more than a dress designer: She was the architect of the modern woman, a woman who wore comfortable but complimentary clothing such as suits based on menswear but impeccably tailored for the female form, a woman who defined herself by her work and unapologetically lived her life on her own highly luxe terms.

Which is not to say that Chanel never relied on men. Rather, she took them up and put them down with a kind of casual grace. When the Duke of Westminster asked Chanel to marry him, she declined and later commented, “I never wanted to weigh more heavily on a man than a bird.” Chanel died in 1971 at 87; her unrepentant and stylish modernism lives on.

OP where is Patricia St. John?
Re: 5 Famous Women Who Never Got Married by Destined2win: 8:57am On Apr 19, 2017
refiner:
Never knew oprah is yet to be married...

Each with their choices tho...as for me...i will get married and equally be great someday...

There is nothing as beautiful as getting married and bringing forth a replica of u or ur hubby as well as being popular someday...
.Wow. You got it
Re: 5 Famous Women Who Never Got Married by TemmyWon(f): 9:07am On Apr 19, 2017
grin grin see role models and my Aunt thinks they are doing me undecided
Re: 5 Famous Women Who Never Got Married by LordIsaac(m): 9:10am On Apr 19, 2017
Naija girls...be like Rice!
Re: 5 Famous Women Who Never Got Married by joeace2020(m): 9:20am On Apr 19, 2017
Nigerians sef...You post about truly successful foreigners and them go dey mention their average stars.The world revolves around Nigeria for many people.
Re: 5 Famous Women Who Never Got Married by sageb: 10:02am On Apr 19, 2017
that list aint complete without Enya
Re: 5 Famous Women Who Never Got Married by Swizdoe(m): 1:50am On Apr 20, 2017
Iceprincehkn:
The list is incomplete without our very own -Linda Ikeji

(1) (2) (Reply)

"Admission In Progress" On Caps I'm Worried / In Russia They Don't Give Students Zero Score. See Why / Check In For Eksu Post Ume Updates(unad &usti)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.