Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,811 members, 7,824,375 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:10 AM

5 Famous Women Who Never Got Married - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 5 Famous Women Who Never Got Married (4976 Views)

Rare Image Of The Famous Mystery Animal 'baby Bush' / 10 Famous People Who Were Tagged Failures Before They Became Successful / 7 Most Prominent Public Secondary Schools In Nigeria And Their Famous Alumni PIX (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Famous Women Who Never Got Married by Thepasserby(m): 1:06pm On Apr 18, 2017
Queen Elizabeth I

Called The Virgin Queen, Queen Elizabeth, the fifth and last monarch of the Tudor dynasty, ruled from 1558 to 1603.

She brought a Renaissance glory to England, and while she was loved by her people, in all likelihood, she was not a virgin.

Elizabeth was Henry VIII’s daughter by his second wife, Anne Boleyn; caught in an intricate web of ascension, aspiration and decapitation, Elizabeth was called a bastard after her mother’s beheading, and yet she inherited the throne of her father in a time of much religious, political and economic upheaval.

While it was necessary for Elizabeth to marry to produce an heir, it was equally necessary that she not marry anyone Spanish, Catholic or sympathetic to the Spanish or the Catholics. Thus, no man became her husband.

Elizabeth essentially held her maidenhead for political ransom, recognizing that in giving up her hymen, she would give up her power. Famously, she declared to an envoy of a wooing duke, “I would rather be a beggar and single than a queen and married.”

Copied from plamchat #facts
www.palmchatnow.com

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Famous Women Who Never Got Married by Thepasserby(m): 1:07pm On Apr 18, 2017
Condoleezza Rice

Love her, hate her, agree with her policies or abhor them, people come together on two points about Condoleezza Rice. First, they marvel at her amazing achievements, and second, they wonder about her love life.

Rice was raised in very segregated Alabama by her minister father and teacher mother, and she was also raised to excel. At 15, Rice graduated from high school; at 19, she graduated from college. She received her master’s degree in political science, and at 26, her Ph.D.

In 1983, Rice was hired by Stanford University and at 39 became its youngest provost —not to mention becoming its first black, and first female, provost. In 2005, she became secretary of state under George W. Bush.

On top of that, she’s a concert pianist, an avid football fan, gets up at 5 a.m. to work out six days a week (usually to classic rock along the lines of Cream or Zeppelin) and has never been married.

She is, however, quite fond of football players, including Gene Washington, former player and once the NFL’s director of operations. In a 2006 interview with Katie Couric, Rice said, “I’ve just never particularly wanted to get married to someone.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 5 Famous Women Who Never Got Married by Thepasserby(m): 1:09pm On Apr 18, 2017
Linda Ronstadt

One of the great voices of modern pop and country with more than 100 million records sold worldwide, Linda Ronstadt was celebrated for her ability to adapt to a diverse range of styles, delivering albums that featured country, rock, jazz and Spanish-language classics. And she was telling the truth when she sang, “I never will marry, I’ll be no man’s wife…”

Despite relationships with former California governor Jerry Brown and filmmaker George Lucas, she told The New York Times that “I’m very bad at compromise, and there’s a lot of compromise in marriage.” She had no problem with long term commitment, however, adopting two children, Clementine and Carlos.

In August 2013, Ronstadt revealed the reason she had been absent from the music scene in recent years: she had been diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease, which prevented her from singing. That fall, Ronstadt delved into other aspects of her life in her autobiography, Simple Dreams which follows her journey from her youth in Arizona, her early days in the L.A. music scene and her life as a pop star in the 1970s and 1980s.

In April 2014, Ronstadt was honored for her iconic career with induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Famous Women Who Never Got Married by Thepasserby(m): 1:11pm On Apr 18, 2017
Oprah Winfrey

Oprah was born to a teen mother and raised in indigence. She was 6 years old before she had her first pair of shoes. As a child, she wore potato sacks fashioned into dresses. She was raised by her stern but supportive grandma and honed her interview skills by using corncob dolls as subjects. And she has — by sheer will, incredible diligence and raw, hard work — created a $700 billion empire that spans television, stage, screen and print.

Playing a role that spans being guru, therapist and shaman, Oprah cajoles, endears and enables her guests and her audience in what can only be considered the biggest group-therapy sessions (with shopping) in history.

Oprah has a network of tight friendships that includes childhood friend Gayle King; a history of boyfriends like Roger Ebert and Danny Glover; and a current relationship with her long-time partner, educator Stedman Graham, with whom Oprah has chosen to share a “spiritual union.”

In an interview in Essence magazine, she said of Stedman, “The truth of the matter is, had we gotten married we wouldn’t be together now, because in no way is this a traditional relationship.”

9 Likes

Re: 5 Famous Women Who Never Got Married by Thepasserby(m): 1:13pm On Apr 18, 2017
Coco Chanel

Modern women owe the existence of the following to Gabrielle “Coco” Chanel: the little black dress, pants, unconstructed suits, sling-back pumps, bobbed hair and ropes of pearls.

Chanel also created a collection of bons mots that are as lasting and relevant today as they were when she first dropped them. “A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous,” “There is time for work, and time for love. That leaves no other time,” and “Great loves too, must be endured,” are aphorisms worthy of Oscar Wilde.

Chanel was more than a dress designer: She was the architect of the modern woman, a woman who wore comfortable but complimentary clothing such as suits based on menswear but impeccably tailored for the female form, a woman who defined herself by her work and unapologetically lived her life on her own highly luxe terms.

Which is not to say that Chanel never relied on men. Rather, she took them up and put them down with a kind of casual grace. When the Duke of Westminster asked Chanel to marry him, she declined and later commented, “I never wanted to weigh more heavily on a man than a bird.” Chanel died in 1971 at 87; her unrepentant and stylish modernism lives on.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Famous Women Who Never Got Married by tollyboy5(m): 2:08pm On Apr 18, 2017
sweet women
Re: 5 Famous Women Who Never Got Married by Tallesty1(m): 2:20pm On Apr 18, 2017
tollyboy5:
sweet women
According to what you read online and see on TVs

1 Like

Re: 5 Famous Women Who Never Got Married by Funlordmaniac(m): 2:35pm On Apr 18, 2017
They still got _fucked by men and women so nothing spoil!

5 Likes

Re: 5 Famous Women Who Never Got Married by MusicPromota(f): 3:05pm On Apr 18, 2017

1 Like

Re: 5 Famous Women Who Never Got Married by Iceprincehkn(m): 3:42pm On Apr 18, 2017
The list is incomplete without our very own -Linda Ikeji

23 Likes

Re: 5 Famous Women Who Never Got Married by anthonypeters(m): 4:23pm On Apr 18, 2017
Iceprincehkn:
grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: 5 Famous Women Who Never Got Married by beeptech786: 4:40pm On Apr 18, 2017
Here are also 5 Famous Stars Who need to Realize They’re Not Now grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Famous Women Who Never Got Married by jieta: 4:57pm On Apr 18, 2017
Iceprincehkn:
only Linda, our slay queens Genevieve nnaji, Rita Dominic and lot more i forgot to mention.

5 Likes

Re: 5 Famous Women Who Never Got Married by Mayorranking1(m): 6:13pm On Apr 18, 2017
Even Your Mum lipsrsealed
Re: 5 Famous Women Who Never Got Married by vicben27(m): 6:28pm On Apr 18, 2017
dy wer all married to their fingers, candle ticks, vibrators , cucumba, casava n some bottles of Ororo oil! u knw d rest! conji was a bastard since d beginin of time!

4 Likes

Re: 5 Famous Women Who Never Got Married by RoyalBoutique(m): 6:55pm On Apr 18, 2017
Mayorranking1:
Even Your Mum lipsrsealed

undecided

Your existence on nairaland follow three steps:

Step 1: click the "reply" button.

Step 2: type something from your anus.

Step 3: click the "submit" button.

5 Likes

Re: 5 Famous Women Who Never Got Married by thenairama(m): 7:02pm On Apr 18, 2017
cheesy genevieve nnaji and rita dominic
Re: 5 Famous Women Who Never Got Married by refiner(f): 7:10pm On Apr 18, 2017
Never knew oprah is yet to be married...

Each with their choices tho...as for me...i will get married and equally be great someday...

There is nothing as beautiful as getting married and bringing forth a replica of u or ur hubby as well as being popular someday...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Famous Women Who Never Got Married by ChristineC: 7:45pm On Apr 18, 2017
I don't really see a thing that stopped them getting married tho. There is always a choice.

1 Like

Re: 5 Famous Women Who Never Got Married by Lawless101(m): 8:19pm On Apr 18, 2017
[s][/s]but please wait oo, what is the moral lesson?
Re: 5 Famous Women Who Never Got Married by ezinnefashionst(f): 8:31pm On Apr 18, 2017
Re: 5 Famous Women Who Never Got Married by ebukahandsome(m): 8:45pm On Apr 18, 2017
Where is Enya..
She should be on that list
Re: 5 Famous Women Who Never Got Married by Nobody: 9:32pm On Apr 18, 2017
Iceprincehkn:

Haba!

1 Like

Re: 5 Famous Women Who Never Got Married by Aleora(f): 10:13pm On Apr 18, 2017
Una forget add bimbo akintola,Rita Dominic,Linda ikeji#ancient of days#
Re: 5 Famous Women Who Never Got Married by princefunmmy(m): 10:28pm On Apr 18, 2017

Re: 5 Famous Women Who Never Got Married by Nobody: 11:06pm On Apr 18, 2017
Iceprincehkn:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Kai, wallahi yhu be wicked pa
Re: 5 Famous Women Who Never Got Married by Mayorranking1(m): 11:12pm On Apr 18, 2017
RoyalBoutique:

undecided

Your existence on nairaland follow three steps:

Step 1: click the "reply" button.

Step 2: type something from your anus.

Step 3: click the "submit" button.
Are You Monitoring Me? Is That Your Job?
Re: 5 Famous Women Who Never Got Married by Elmojiid(m): 12:15am On Apr 19, 2017
our own linda ikeji no they that list na.
Re: 5 Famous Women Who Never Got Married by RoyalBoutique(m): 12:21am On Apr 19, 2017
Mayorranking1:
Are You Monitoring Me? Is That Your Job?

Yes and yes... sue me.
Re: 5 Famous Women Who Never Got Married by RoyalBoutique(m): 12:25am On Apr 19, 2017
refiner:
Never knew oprah is yet to be married...

Each with their choices tho...as for me...i will get married and equally be great someday...

There is nothing as beautiful as getting married and bringing forth a replica of u or ur hubby as well as being popular someday...

Your opinion. Not hers.

I wonder what would have happened if she is shallow-minded like Nigerians?
Re: 5 Famous Women Who Never Got Married by LOVEGINO(m): 4:14am On Apr 19, 2017
U mean Tboss is not on that list shocked shocked
Re: 5 Famous Women Who Never Got Married by 9jaBloke: 4:24am On Apr 19, 2017
Some women juggle family & career and still achieve fame & fortune.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Curvy Female Teacher Called Out By Parents Says She Is Not Resigning / Unimaid 2011/2012 Admision List / Have You Ever Seen This Wonderful Reptile?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.