Stats: 3,152,819 members, 7,817,389 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:22 AM

Lets Talk About: Samsung Galaxy S8 Pre-orders Reach 1 Million, And Still Countin - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Lets Talk About: Samsung Galaxy S8 Pre-orders Reach 1 Million, And Still Countin (14789 Views)

Things You Dont Know About Samsung Galaxy A80 Rotating Camera / 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS / Six Interesting Facts I Bet You Never Knew About Samsung: No6 Will Shock You (2) (3) (4)

Lets Talk About: Samsung Galaxy S8 Pre-orders Reach 1 Million, And Still Countin by stevespack(m): 1:43am On Apr 19, 2017
As we draw close to the April 21 release, it becomes clear that Samsung’s latest flagships might actually become the best-selling smartphones of this year. Korean reports recently revealed that Samsung managed to surpass the 1 million mark when it comes to pre-orders for its new devices.

Samsung recorded more than 1 million pre-orders for the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 + in its home country, during more than 10 days since the pre-order process started in South Korea. The data was collected from local telecom carriers and shows the highest-ever figure for a new smartphone in the country.

The smartphone maker has set a sales target of more than 60 million units for the Galaxy S8, compared to 52 million sold Galaxy S7 units. The latest figure shows that Samsung has indeed surpassed its previously set pre-order target, but that doesn’t mean that all 1 million customers will end up buying the phone.

Analysts say that more than 70% of people who pre-ordered the phone will actually buy it, and a similar ratio was recorded last year with the Galaxy Note 7. However, Samsung’s sales momentum will start to gradually tone down in the weeks before Apple announces its anniversary iPhone 8.

On a side note, we hope Samsung will properly address the red discoloration issue on the display of Galaxy S8 units sold in its home country.http://eisteve..com.ng/2017/04/lets-talk-about-samsung-galaxy-s8-pre.html

2 Shares

Re: Lets Talk About: Samsung Galaxy S8 Pre-orders Reach 1 Million, And Still Countin by Nobody: 6:37am On Apr 19, 2017
they wont get 5000 in Nigeria

Re: Lets Talk About: Samsung Galaxy S8 Pre-orders Reach 1 Million, And Still Countin by ichommy(m): 7:31am On Apr 19, 2017
gadgetsngs:

Re: Lets Talk About: Samsung Galaxy S8 Pre-orders Reach 1 Million, And Still Countin by UnknownT: 7:31am On Apr 19, 2017
Another bomb in the making

Re: Lets Talk About: Samsung Galaxy S8 Pre-orders Reach 1 Million, And Still Countin by alexiej(m): 7:31am On Apr 19, 2017
undecided undecided

Re: Lets Talk About: Samsung Galaxy S8 Pre-orders Reach 1 Million, And Still Countin by GeneralMaC1(m): 7:31am On Apr 19, 2017
1million world wide or in 9ja...
Cos whistle blowers de blow for anything now oo

Re: Lets Talk About: Samsung Galaxy S8 Pre-orders Reach 1 Million, And Still Countin by 5nairai: 7:31am On Apr 19, 2017
Chisos shocked
Re: Lets Talk About: Samsung Galaxy S8 Pre-orders Reach 1 Million, And Still Countin by ORACLE1975(m): 7:32am On Apr 19, 2017
beast Phone
Re: Lets Talk About: Samsung Galaxy S8 Pre-orders Reach 1 Million, And Still Countin by mykeljosef: 7:32am On Apr 19, 2017
UnknownT:
Another bomb in the making

stagnant sense of reasoning

especially if you actually intended on being sarcastic

mtshewwwwww

you think Samsung is nigerian government that don't learn from their mistakes

let your mind be ↓↓↓

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lets Talk About: Samsung Galaxy S8 Pre-orders Reach 1 Million, And Still Countin by bami4242(m): 7:32am On Apr 19, 2017
Re: Lets Talk About: Samsung Galaxy S8 Pre-orders Reach 1 Million, And Still Countin by soberdrunk(m): 7:32am On Apr 19, 2017
Runs girls food don land........ angry

Ps-If all my ex-gfs come together and contribute like 5k each, they will be able to buy the phone for me as 'pension' gift angry

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lets Talk About: Samsung Galaxy S8 Pre-orders Reach 1 Million, And Still Countin by KingLennon(m): 7:33am On Apr 19, 2017
Time for people to sell their kidneys just to buy the phone. Make them use am 2 years from now, we go follow use am.
Re: Lets Talk About: Samsung Galaxy S8 Pre-orders Reach 1 Million, And Still Countin by shaybebaby(f): 7:33am On Apr 19, 2017
Red tinge on the display? cry
Just preordered one for my baby yesterday, they better fix that ish before it gets delivered. £689 isn't a joke.
Re: Lets Talk About: Samsung Galaxy S8 Pre-orders Reach 1 Million, And Still Countin by kinstunfad: 7:33am On Apr 19, 2017
They will, get more than 5,000 in Nigeria, you know our Politicians and Entertainers like showing off
Re: Lets Talk About: Samsung Galaxy S8 Pre-orders Reach 1 Million, And Still Countin by Dottore: 7:34am On Apr 19, 2017
Anyone can pre order so long as payment is not involved. You only count the sales success when the orders are fully paid.
Me too I pre-ordered not because I want it but because I want MTN to stop bugging my life with irritating SMS urging me to order for the phone

Re: Lets Talk About: Samsung Galaxy S8 Pre-orders Reach 1 Million, And Still Countin by BrownShawty(f): 7:34am On Apr 19, 2017
Its well o angry
Re: Lets Talk About: Samsung Galaxy S8 Pre-orders Reach 1 Million, And Still Countin by Goldenheart(m): 7:34am On Apr 19, 2017
IPhone users will it be happy with this
Re: Lets Talk About: Samsung Galaxy S8 Pre-orders Reach 1 Million, And Still Countin by xxxtedyxxx(m): 7:35am On Apr 19, 2017
gadgetsngs:

Yes, You are right.
That's because Samsung is a premium device, not popular demand like tecno.

Quality Beats Quantity, any day any time.

Re: Lets Talk About: Samsung Galaxy S8 Pre-orders Reach 1 Million, And Still Countin by BRIGHTRIVERS(m): 7:38am On Apr 19, 2017
b
Re: Lets Talk About: Samsung Galaxy S8 Pre-orders Reach 1 Million, And Still Countin by hucienda: 7:38am On Apr 19, 2017
Samsung and Apple.

Battle of the titans.
Re: Lets Talk About: Samsung Galaxy S8 Pre-orders Reach 1 Million, And Still Countin by GREATESTPIANIST: 7:39am On Apr 19, 2017
kiki
Re: Lets Talk About: Samsung Galaxy S8 Pre-orders Reach 1 Million, And Still Countin by sustainable: 7:39am On Apr 19, 2017
jrd
Re: Lets Talk About: Samsung Galaxy S8 Pre-orders Reach 1 Million, And Still Countin by aminho(m): 7:40am On Apr 19, 2017
I just placed my order via hongkong can't wait already!

Samsung fan from s3 to s7edge

Re: Lets Talk About: Samsung Galaxy S8 Pre-orders Reach 1 Million, And Still Countin by DavidOluyale(m): 7:43am On Apr 19, 2017
Wow. That's big.

meanwhile,

Website/web App Creation isn't rocket science.
Get your website/web App up and running at your deadline.

Make a request @ www.callable.info/request.php

Re: Lets Talk About: Samsung Galaxy S8 Pre-orders Reach 1 Million, And Still Countin by CellTabRepairs: 7:45am On Apr 19, 2017
That's great! More money for tech-support gurus. grin
BUSINESS U Should Do Right Away!
Small business you say?.NGN 30k(about $100 min) average daily is possible &more! U do the sum for what is being averaged per month! Most people, even graduates ignore daily income services sector. All they see is the dirt, presumed indignity on those who do them. An empty pocket from no job or an underpaid job is far more indignifying. Educated? Start small but grow, package it well, employ others, while U supervise.This is guaranteed with depth of skills & acumen in smartphones & Tablets Repairs business.. Visit a good Phones & Tablets Repair centre & open your eyes. You will see what I mean! Get " Mobile Phones & Tablets Repairs : A Complete Guide for Beginners & Professionals " 2day! Visit Amazon, Barnes & Noble, eBay etc OR

Click My Name & View, then get it immediately by clicking on the link in the signature. Or visit the marketplaces and search out the title!
Re: Lets Talk About: Samsung Galaxy S8 Pre-orders Reach 1 Million, And Still Countin by refreshrate: 7:45am On Apr 19, 2017
Oneplus 5 or nothing!
Re: Lets Talk About: Samsung Galaxy S8 Pre-orders Reach 1 Million, And Still Countin by Fkforyou(m): 7:46am On Apr 19, 2017
I'm waiting for Samsung S99... cool

Re: Lets Talk About: Samsung Galaxy S8 Pre-orders Reach 1 Million, And Still Countin by KINGwax007(m): 8:01am On Apr 19, 2017
mykeljosef:

stagnant sense of reasoning

especially if you actually intended on being sarcastic

mtshewwwwww

you think Samsung is nigerian government that don't learn from their mistakes

let your mind be ↓↓↓
u be mumu...If e go blow, even go blow na ni...

And they will come and say is another mistake ..

The S7 na grenade, this one fit be nuke!

Go die if u no like my opinion of a mother-bomb

Re: Lets Talk About: Samsung Galaxy S8 Pre-orders Reach 1 Million, And Still Countin by mykeljosef: 8:04am On Apr 19, 2017
KINGwax007:
u be mumu...If e go blow, even go blow na ni...

And they will come and say is another mistake ..

The S7 na grenade, this one fit be nuke!

Go die if u no like my opinion of a mother-bomb

you don't even know the difference between note 7 n s7

your case is indeed hopeless

fvck off my mention

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lets Talk About: Samsung Galaxy S8 Pre-orders Reach 1 Million, And Still Countin by Pablo212: 8:04am On Apr 19, 2017
U knw hw many toto go still red for this one.. smh..

Re: Lets Talk About: Samsung Galaxy S8 Pre-orders Reach 1 Million, And Still Countin by KINGwax007(m): 8:09am On Apr 19, 2017
mykeljosef:

you don't even know the difference between note 7 n s7

your case is indeed hopeless

fvck off my mention
you don't own a mention...

U we're allocated a space for comment and don't even control nothing but your senseless posts...

Re: Lets Talk About: Samsung Galaxy S8 Pre-orders Reach 1 Million, And Still Countin by Nobody: 8:11am On Apr 19, 2017
nice, i sure am contented with what iv got...putting in work for more, but still happy were i am

How To Conduct Pregnancy Test With Your Mobile Phone / Opinions Pls: Which Of These Is The Best.. Tecno, Gionee, Innjoo, Infinix.. / Enjoy MTN Free Call To All Networks