Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,842 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

See What Tenants In Abia Were Asked To Bring To Bury Their Landlord (pictured) - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / See What Tenants In Abia Were Asked To Bring To Bury Their Landlord (pictured) (29678 Views)

How Do We Eject These Stubborn Tenants In Lagos? / Tenants In My Newly Acquired Building Are Stealing Building Materials / Two Nigerians In Dublin Fight Their Landlord Who Wanted To Evict Them (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See What Tenants In Abia Were Asked To Bring To Bury Their Landlord (pictured) by Nobody: 7:22am On Apr 19, 2017
Na wa o
Re: See What Tenants In Abia Were Asked To Bring To Bury Their Landlord (pictured) by ironheart(m): 7:23am On Apr 19, 2017
Will it replace the next month rent ?

2 Likes

Re: See What Tenants In Abia Were Asked To Bring To Bury Their Landlord (pictured) by jamalnation(m): 7:23am On Apr 19, 2017
1 igbo goat hahaha

1 Like

Re: See What Tenants In Abia Were Asked To Bring To Bury Their Landlord (pictured) by nwadiuko1(m): 7:23am On Apr 19, 2017
i dont think these are for tenants who rented an apartment........these are for tenants who bought a land from the landlord when he was alive, and i dont think its mandatory......its just a show of love.......@op stoo making it sound like it is by force......you can decide not to do everything there

1 Like

Re: See What Tenants In Abia Were Asked To Bring To Bury Their Landlord (pictured) by Nobody: 7:24am On Apr 19, 2017
nwadiuko1:
i dont think these are for tenants who rented an apartment........these are for tenants who bought a land from the landlord when he was alive, and i dont think its mandatory......its just a show of love.......@op stoo making it sound like it is by force......you can decide not to do everything there

OK now.... but still..

1 Like

Re: See What Tenants In Abia Were Asked To Bring To Bury Their Landlord (pictured) by austinbrown: 7:26am On Apr 19, 2017
Na them kill the man ni?
Re: See What Tenants In Abia Were Asked To Bring To Bury Their Landlord (pictured) by MrOreo(m): 7:28am On Apr 19, 2017
All na strategy. I think they just want to use that to make them vacate the place. Family members will start fighting for inheritance soon...

1 Like

Re: See What Tenants In Abia Were Asked To Bring To Bury Their Landlord (pictured) by ichommy(m): 7:30am On Apr 19, 2017
kingw ;Dill2050:
Nothing wey person no go hear....... Na the tenants kill the man ?
Re: See What Tenants In Abia Were Asked To Bring To Bury Their Landlord (pictured) by obyrich(m): 7:31am On Apr 19, 2017
NabeelAbu:
serious exploitation. Is that the only house in the world. mtcheeeew.
Sounds funny. That list is for people who bought land from him and not people who live in his house. The OP is mischievous. angry
Re: See What Tenants In Abia Were Asked To Bring To Bury Their Landlord (pictured) by Nobody: 7:32am On Apr 19, 2017
una no dey pay rent bfor him die?

1 Like

Re: See What Tenants In Abia Were Asked To Bring To Bury Their Landlord (pictured) by obyrich(m): 7:34am On Apr 19, 2017
nwadiuko1:
Don't mind the OP. He is just being mischievous. He knows what to do. Just to ridicule the ngwas. Maybe. We know them. That list is highly negotiable. He could spend not more than 20k in all.

1 Like

Re: See What Tenants In Abia Were Asked To Bring To Bury Their Landlord (pictured) by ddjay: 7:35am On Apr 19, 2017
dats igbo culture my people. this is wat they will make Nigerians do when they ACTUALIZE BIAFRA

1 Like

Re: See What Tenants In Abia Were Asked To Bring To Bury Their Landlord (pictured) by Mosespaul(m): 7:37am On Apr 19, 2017
the tenants wan marry him corpse? ;Dthe tenants wan marry him corpse?

1 Like

Re: See What Tenants In Abia Were Asked To Bring To Bury Their Landlord (pictured) by Hades2016(m): 7:41am On Apr 19, 2017
kingwill2050:
Nothing wey person no go hear....... Na the tenants kill the man ?
I swear me tire ooooooo ... this one weak me no be small
Re: See What Tenants In Abia Were Asked To Bring To Bury Their Landlord (pictured) by realnas(m): 7:45am On Apr 19, 2017
Igbos never cease to amuse, I have never seen a greedy bunch in my life even the Jews are not this greedy
Re: See What Tenants In Abia Were Asked To Bring To Bury Their Landlord (pictured) by Ephort: 7:52am On Apr 19, 2017
LordVoldemort:
What is the biggie here. This letter is from the president of the tenant association of the house to is co tenants.

1. First he made reference to the landlord's son in the letter.

2. Don't let the statement that let's bury our father confuse you. The landlord is a father figure to all so he is there father.

I believe you got it all wrong. That letter must have come from the family of the Landlord.
First, the captioned referred to the man as "Your Landlord". This means that the writer is not among the group the letter is addressed to. If not, it would have been "our landlord".

More so, take a second look at the last statement " to enable us bury our father". Tenants don't bury their landlord, family does. So the president of tenants Union could not have asked them to pay 'to enable them bury" the man.
Note also that the same place referred to him as our father, which you may say is figurative, but reading the entire sentence shows that the letter is from those who see him as father (family member) and addressed to his tenants.

This is pure exploitation. People have been using culture as ground for exploitation. Funny enough, these practices were not in place before. They were introduced by hungry and mischievous fellows.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What Tenants In Abia Were Asked To Bring To Bury Their Landlord (pictured) by nengibo: 7:52am On Apr 19, 2017
Na dem kill d landlord and which one be igbo-goat?
Re: See What Tenants In Abia Were Asked To Bring To Bury Their Landlord (pictured) by ilevic(m): 7:55am On Apr 19, 2017
obyrich:
Sounds funny. That list is for people who bought land from him and not people who live in his house. The OP is mischievous. angry

Oh! do u still remain a tenant after buying a land?

3 Likes

Re: See What Tenants In Abia Were Asked To Bring To Bury Their Landlord (pictured) by dikeigbo2(m): 8:01am On Apr 19, 2017
These Abia people and their exploitative habits are second to none....I suggest let those tenants refuse payment,so that the dead landlord will remain in mortuary for too long.....na those tenants killam? And the son na complete mutun pafu
Re: See What Tenants In Abia Were Asked To Bring To Bury Their Landlord (pictured) by Raincolour(f): 8:04am On Apr 19, 2017
I have never heard this one before now! List for tenants, kwa?! Only in Igbo land! And see the list sef...e pass marriage intro list....with deadline untop!
No be so them do am abegi. Tenants are not your family members that you can task for your fathers burial whether he was their landlord or not. They can choose to contribute an amount they can afford and give you. Not this! I won't agree to this o. If push comes to shove, I may pack out. Not because I may not have to give but because it may start a negative trend in that compound. Later, they will bring tenant list for landlord's daughter's wedding.

modified- and for those saying its for people that bought land from him... hmm...after complete payment for my land, I am not a tenant na. In fact, I can choose to have no more business with the sellers.

5 Likes

Re: See What Tenants In Abia Were Asked To Bring To Bury Their Landlord (pictured) by musa7m(m): 8:05am On Apr 19, 2017
You see people from Abia State.....man fear dem.......dem can do anything
Re: See What Tenants In Abia Were Asked To Bring To Bury Their Landlord (pictured) by Nobody: 8:08am On Apr 19, 2017
Is it voluntary donation or compulsory donation?
Re: See What Tenants In Abia Were Asked To Bring To Bury Their Landlord (pictured) by Tunagee(m): 8:20am On Apr 19, 2017
ovokooo:
The Tenants of a house in Umuagu, Obingwa Lo cal Governement Area of Abia State were required to provide these items for the burial of their landlord.

Source: http://ovoko.com.ng/see-tenant-house-abia-asked-bring-burial-landlord-pictured/

Cc: mynd44, lalasticlala
Bullshit
Re: See What Tenants In Abia Were Asked To Bring To Bury Their Landlord (pictured) by Unimaginable123: 8:26am On Apr 19, 2017
frenchwine:
No tribe as wicked and greedy as the igbos. Even to their own brothers.
I soo love myself, one naira they wouldn't see from me, the idiots even went as far as giving a deadline.
The total sum of the contribution would be more than enough to rent a better apartment.
Fvcking m0rons, that's why they always remain at the back burner . Even my minority tribe has more relevance than them
see ur life

1 Like

Re: See What Tenants In Abia Were Asked To Bring To Bury Their Landlord (pictured) by mapet: 8:32am On Apr 19, 2017
Igbo Goat? What does that mean? You mean "tribe" don reach animal level? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: See What Tenants In Abia Were Asked To Bring To Bury Their Landlord (pictured) by willibounce1(m): 8:33am On Apr 19, 2017
Really? I thought all igbos are millionaires. How come these ones are tryna get people to support their father's burial? When we tell them to stop empty chest beating, them no go hear.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See What Tenants In Abia Were Asked To Bring To Bury Their Landlord (pictured) by EaglesT(m): 8:57am On Apr 19, 2017
one igbo goat.. lol. goat sef don dey get tribe ooo
Re: See What Tenants In Abia Were Asked To Bring To Bury Their Landlord (pictured) by obyrich(m): 9:07am On Apr 19, 2017
ilevic:

Oh! do u still remain a tenant after buying a land?
Yes. Every land owner has a landlord. I have bought land and I have a landlord.
Re: See What Tenants In Abia Were Asked To Bring To Bury Their Landlord (pictured) by symbianDON(m): 9:10am On Apr 19, 2017
this jewish people sef!!!...always looking for avenues of exploiting each other grin I'm sure similar lists would have been served on the in laws, children etc......all because the greedily want to eat, drink and make merry. besides, talking about igbo goat....all those who participated in writing that notice qualify to be presented because they are all goats grin
Re: See What Tenants In Abia Were Asked To Bring To Bury Their Landlord (pictured) by nenergy(m): 9:13am On Apr 19, 2017
obyrich:
Yes. Every land owner has a landlord. I have bought land and I have a landlord.
Then you rented it and don't have full ownership. STOP supporting bad thing!

1 Like

Re: See What Tenants In Abia Were Asked To Bring To Bury Their Landlord (pictured) by obyrich(m): 9:20am On Apr 19, 2017
nenergy:

Then you rented it and don't have full ownership. STOP supporting bad thing!
There is nothing bad there. I am an igbo man. You don't really buy land in the real sense of it. All land belong to the government but the rights and privileges of the indigenous owners are honored during acquisition. You can buy a car and take it home but can't do same for land.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Check Out This 1925 Old Colonial Building In Port Harcourt / The Wackiest Architecture In The World / Governor Sule Unveils Domak Garden Housing Project (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.