Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,405 members, 7,819,436 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor (20226 Views)

Atiku’s Wife Takes Campaign To Onitsha, Reveals Why Igbo Should Vote Her Husband / Rivers 2019: How Amaechi Convinced Me To Run As APC Candidate —tonye Cole / Rivers 2019: Amaechi Fights Abe, Calls Him Traitor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by joeprince23(m): 5:15pm On Apr 19, 2017
The Ndoki are an Igbo-speaking group
which inhabit a vast area located
around the southern most fringe of the
Imo river and sprawls into three states
of Nigeria, namely Abia, Akwa Ibom
and Rivers.we are historically mainly farmers,
traders and fishermen.
for the sake of my writing i will restric to rivers
state were he inhabit oyigbo and omuma lga.
OYIGBO:
Oyigbo (also Obigbo) is a
town 30 kilometers from the port city of Port
Harcourt and a Local Government Area of
Rivers State , Nigeria . It is a satellite of Port
Harcourt .
Sir Precious Oforji was elected Chairman of the
Oyigbo LGA in 2008. [2] HRH EZE MIKE NWAJI
was installed the traditional of Obigbo since
1998 to date.
SPDC operates several oil well in the LGA.
Eastern
Network Gas Pipeline (Alscon pipeline) passes
through Obigbo in the north. Nigerian
National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC and the
Rivers State Government under Gov. Rotimi
Chibuike Amaechi pledged to work together to
restore production activities at the Shell
Petroleum Development Company, SPDC
operated Obigbo Gas plant.
on June
28, 2015, SPDC JV’s announced that its Afam
VI located in Okoloma village of Ogbigbo has
delivered 20million MWh electricity into
national grid and created over 150 jobs. the
alleged power plant sold by hon. chibuike .r.
amaechi is located at afam town in oyigbo lga
However since the creation of new rivers state no
governor of NDOKI extraction has been elected as
the executive governor of rivers state. their is a
consensus across ndoki-asa land that come 2019
equity must prevail. till date ndoki etche and ogoni remain the only
groups yet to produce the governor of our state.
enough is enough.
we are the second largest oil producing lga in
rivers behind ONELGA, we have the population
and resource.
just like etche,ndoki has over the years suffered a great deal of neglect both in appointment and of infrastructure,with delapedated roads and pollutaed environment,all we are saying ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!
All Ndoki sons and daughters KWA nu o!!
Oyigbo District
1. Asa
2. Komkom
3. Obeama
4. Oyigbo
Ndoki District
1. Afa Uku
2. Afam
3. Afam Nta
4. Azusogu
5. Egberu
6. Mgboji
7. Mrihu
8. Obeakpu
9. Obeta
10. Obumku
11. Okoloma
12. Okponta
13. Umuagbai
14. Umuosi

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by igbozionism(m): 5:39pm On Apr 19, 2017
nwanne m nwoke. you are absolutely right! we need to produce the next governor of river state.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by joeprince23(m): 6:18pm On Apr 19, 2017
igbozionism:
nwanne m nwoke. you are absolutely right! we need to produce the next governor of river state.
my brother our mumu don do,ndoki or etche must enter the brickwalls in PH. i have no doubt that our brothers in ikwerre will surport us come 2019

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by GodProtectIgbox(f): 7:48pm On Apr 19, 2017
grin grin grin grin una mumu don do
Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by tysontim(m): 9:31pm On Apr 19, 2017
In response to the IJAW thred what you people don't know is Wike is not leaving in 2019

2 Likes

Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by loopmongoat: 10:18pm On Apr 19, 2017
I think the op is referring to 2023 after wike must have completed his tenure

2 Likes

Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by joeprince23(m): 10:28pm On Apr 19, 2017
tysontim:
In response to the IJAW thred what you people don't know is Wike is not leaving in 2019
i dont understand what u mean by IJAW, but i knw that the okrika people have had their fair say in power.

1 Like

Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by joeprince23(m): 10:31pm On Apr 19, 2017
loopmongoat:
I think the op is referring to 2023 after wike must have completed his tenure
wether 2019 or 2023 my point is after wike then ndoki or etche should enter the brick walls

6 Likes

Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by loopmongoat: 10:37pm On Apr 19, 2017
joeprince23:
wether 2019 or 2023 my point is after wike then ndoki or etche should enter the brick walls
I agree with you but not 2019
Wike must finish his tenure

2 Likes

Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by Nobody: 10:39pm On Apr 19, 2017
igbozionism:

I doubt if truly you are from Rivers.
I've never seen a true Rivers man that can't spell Rivers State.
As for the OP I'm glad for this thread.
Rivers Ijaws have done theirs, now it's Oyigbo, I'm still waiting for the Ogonis and the rest.

Reading the whole thing the thread smells SE.
The OP trying to bring his Ibo sentiment into Rivers.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by SIRmanjar(m): 10:41pm On Apr 19, 2017
All de enemiez of south south trying to cos division between ijaws ad ibos in rivers using governorship election,shuld be very careful.
The wise southerners don see una evil scheme make una try anoder one. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by SIRmanjar(m): 10:51pm On Apr 19, 2017
igbozionism:
Fake ibo boy.The ijaws in ondo ad edo will produce the next governor after akeredolu ad obaseki serves one term..U guys shuld put in more effort in causing division,u hear. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by Nobody: 10:58pm On Apr 19, 2017
Rubish!!! My prayer for Rivers state is this- let the right man/woman be the governor always. Some mumu are now claiming igbo because they want to be governors of rivers state. After now dem go still say dem no be igbo but niger-deltans as if niger delta be another tribe for Nigeria.

19 Likes

Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by MXrep: 10:59pm On Apr 19, 2017
SIRmanjar:
All de enemiez of south south trying to cos division between ijaws ad ibos in rivers using governorship election,shuld be very careful.
The wise southerners don see una evil scheme make una try anoder one. cheesy
Some of you admit that there are igbos in Rivers state, that is the beginning of ethnic harmony in the state

3 Likes

Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by joeprince23(m): 11:26pm On Apr 19, 2017
Ekinematics:

Rivers Ijaws have done theirs, now it's Oyigbo, I'm still waiting for the Ogonis and the rest.

although the words ijaw and igbo do not exist in rivers politics,hence in our politics calling somebody ijaw means he should be bayelsan and calling somebody igbo means he should be abiann...
but lets face it rivers is essentially: igbo speaking upland,ijoid riverine and ogoni. most other groups ar reatated to any of the three

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by joeprince23(m): 11:33pm On Apr 19, 2017
MXrep:

Some of you admit that there are igbos in Rivers state, that is the beginning of ethnic harmony in the state
my community speaks the kwa an ndoki dialect the same dialect of ukwa people of abia and yes it is essentially igbo

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by MXrep: 11:34pm On Apr 19, 2017
SIRmanjar:

Fake ibo boy.The ijaws in ondo ad edo will produce the next governor after akeredolu ad obaseki serves one term..U guys shuld put more effort in causing division u hear. cheesy
democracy is a game of numbers, if they have the number, good for them

7 Likes

Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by MXrep: 11:37pm On Apr 19, 2017
joeprince23:
my community speaks the kwa an ndoki dialect the same dialect of ukwa people of abia and yes it is essentially igbo
It is the Ijaws that usually deny the existence of igbos in Rivers. This is causing more harm than good to them

14 Likes

Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by joeprince23(m): 11:39pm On Apr 19, 2017
venai:
Rubish!!! My prayer for Rivers state is this- let the right man/woman be the governor always. Some mumu are now claiming igbo because they want to be governors of rivers state. After now dem go still say dem no be igbo but niger-deltans as if niger delta be another tribe for Nigeria.
we identify by what ever we deem appropriate. through out my varsity days my course mates never knew i am from rivers,infact they were shocked wen they found out. btw i know igbo omenali more than you

4 Likes

Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by joeprince23(m): 11:48pm On Apr 19, 2017
MXrep:

It is the Ijaws that usually deny the existence of igbos in Rivers. This is causing more harm than good to them
not true,it is only in nairaland that such is rampant. infact an illiterate kalabari man will call most upland dialect igbo. i once had a hard time convincing my friend nengi that i can speak a rivers dialect, to them ndoki ikwerre or etche dialects ar all igbo and do not count, mind u nengi is a graduate

4 Likes

Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by MXrep: 11:58pm On Apr 19, 2017
joeprince23:
not true,it is only in nairaland that such is rampant. infact an illiterate kalabari man will call most upland dialect igbo. i once had a hard time convincing my friend nengi that i can speak a rivers dialect, to them ndoki ikwerre or etche dialects ar all igbo and do not count, mind u nengi is a graduate
so how come they think igbo does not count as rivers dialect??

2 Likes

Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by MXrep: 12:01am On Apr 20, 2017
joeprince23:
we identify by what ever we deem appropriate. through out my varsity days my course mates never knew i am from rivers,infact they were shocked wen they found out. btw i know igbo omenali more than you
My classmate in UNN spoke flawless Igbo, i never knew he was ikwerre until we were filling form that involved state of origin and Local government. I thought he was from Imo state from the accent with which he spoke central igbo

6 Likes

Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by joeprince23(m): 12:25am On Apr 20, 2017
MXrep:

so how come they think igbo does not count as rivers dialect??
the nengi guy is from ogoni and to them ikwere is igbo and do not count. my point is that most ogoni views us as igbo wether ikwere ndoki etche ogba etc

2 Likes

Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by joeprince23(m): 12:41am On Apr 20, 2017
this student had to get a medical cert from his lga just to prove to people in bori that he is indeed from rivers while his ogoni colleage didnt need such... many posters here just dont knw the realities in rivers

6 Likes

Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by MXrep: 1:15am On Apr 20, 2017
joeprince23:
this student had to get a medical cert from his lga just to prove to people in bori that he is indeed from rivers while his ogoni colleage didnt need such... many posters here just dont knw the realities in rivers
why can't they just carve out the igbo groups, or face the realities that there are igbos in Rivers

3 Likes

Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by agaba77: 1:20am On Apr 20, 2017
Ekinematics:

wetin conern you, you are neither ss or se, you are afonja/alimi

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by Ikechu10: 3:05am On Apr 20, 2017
MXrep:

why can't they just carve out the igbo groups, or face the realities that there are igbos in Rivers

Because those areas are the largest oil producing areas of River state.

The largest oil blocks in River state is in Ndoni-Egbema-Ogba area.

Likewise Oyigbo produces a high percentage of oil for river state. Infact remove those areas plus etche, River status as an oil producing would drop significant low. It will not be the second largest anyone.

Some of those communities in question like Egbema and Oyigbo have long been asking to be carved out of River state. Oil is the only reason theironically request is ignored. Also the reason ijaws at one point was trying to annex them as ijaws.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by MXrep: 3:30am On Apr 20, 2017
Ikechu10:

Likewise Oyigbo produces a high percentage of oil for river state. Infact remove those areas plus etche, River status as an oil producing would drop significant low. It will not be the second largest anyone.

Some of those communities in question like Egbema and Oyigbo have long been asking to be carved out of River state. Oil is the only reason theironically request is ignored. Also the reason ijaws at one point was trying to annex them as ijaws.
while they enjoy the oil they have to live with the bitter truth that the oil is in igboland and igbos will continue ruling. if they don't like it, just carve all igbo groups out. No igbo is disturbing them in Bayelsa

12 Likes

Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by nengibo: 5:10am On Apr 20, 2017
joeprince23:
Before you wer trying to convince Ogoni people that ikwerre is a Rivers dialect now its kalabari, u no dey tire?

2 Likes

Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by nengibo: 5:36am On Apr 20, 2017
joeprince23:
The Ndoki are an Igbo-speaking group
which inhabit a vast area located
around the southern most fringe of the
Imo river and sprawls into three states
of Nigeria, namely Abia, Akwa Ibom
and Rivers.we are historically mainly farmers,
traders and fishermen.
for the sake of my writing i will restric to rivers
state were he inhabit oyigbo and omuma lga.
OYIGBO:
Oyigbo (also Obigbo) is a
town 30 kilometers from the port city of Port
Harcourt and a Local Government Area of
Rivers State , Nigeria . It is a satellite of Port
Harcourt .
Sir Precious Oforji was elected Chairman of the
Oyigbo LGA in 2008. [2] HRH EZE MIKE NWAJI
was installed the traditional of Obigbo since
1998 to date.
SPDC operates several oil well in the LGA.
Eastern
Network Gas Pipeline (Alscon pipeline) passes
through Obigbo in the north. Nigerian
National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC and the
Rivers State Government under Gov. Rotimi
Chibuike Amaechi pledged to work together to
restore production activities at the Shell
Petroleum Development Company, SPDC
operated Obigbo Gas plant.
on June
28, 2015, SPDC JV’s announced that its Afam
VI located in Okoloma village of Ogbigbo has
delivered 20million MWh electricity into
national grid and created over 150 jobs. the
alleged power plant sold by hon. chibuike .r.
amaechi is located at afam town in oyigbo lga
However since the creation of new rivers state no
governor of NDOKI extraction has been elected as
the executive governor of rivers state. their is a
consensus across ndoki-asa land that come 2019
equity must prevail. till date ndoki etche and ogoni remain the only
groups yet to produce the governor of our state.
enough is enough.
we are the second largest oil producing lga in
rivers behind ONELGA, we have the population
and resource.
just like etche,ndoki has over the years suffered a great deal of neglect both in appointment and of infrastructure,with delapedated roads and pollutaed environment,all we are saying ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!
All Ndola sons and daughters KWA nu o!!
Oyigbo District
1. Asa
2. Komkom
3. Obeama
4. Oyigbo
Ndoki District
1. Afa Uku
2. Afam
3. Afam Nta
4. Azusogu
5. Egberu
6. Mgboji
7. Mrihu
8. Obeakpu
9. Obeta
10. Obumku
11. Okoloma
12. Okponta
13. Umuagbai
14. Umuosi
Its obeaku, this clearly shows u just googled NDOKI and wrote this & the self acclaimed Ndoki man joeprince23 didn't notice this mistakes
Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by joeprince23(m): 8:43am On Apr 20, 2017
Ikechu10:

yes onelga and oyigbo are the1st and 2nd largest oil producing lga in rivers,but their is nothing like ijaw claiming us,infact our southern neighbours are the ogoni and eleme not riverine. forget some nonsense u see online visite our hinterland to find out

2 Likes

Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by joeprince23(m): 8:49am On Apr 20, 2017
MXrep:

while they enjoy the oil they have to live with the bitter truth that the oil is in igboland and igbos will continue ruling. if they don't like it, just carve all igbo groups out. No igbo is disturbing them in Bayelsa
no politician in rivers will refer to himself as ijaw rather they are kalabari okrika etc.apart from the likes of asari dokubo who calls most upland people ibo and all riverine ijo, which most descerning minds will know why he uses such terms

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

2019: Atiku’s Plan Shaky As Governors Seize PDP - The Nation / Gov. Yari Defeats Father-in-law In Zamfara Guber Election / Ice Cream Seller Campaigns For Omoyele Sowore For President (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.