Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,298 members, 7,836,300 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:57 AM

Bribe Collection At Murtala Muhammed International Airport - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Bribe Collection At Murtala Muhammed International Airport (41207 Views)

An Overview Of The 10 Lane Oshodi-Murtala Muhammed International Airport - Pics / Atedo Peterside's Anap Jet Robbed At Murtala Muhammed International Airport / Rats Hanging From The Ceiling At Murtala Muhammed Airport Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bribe Collection At Murtala Muhammed International Airport by lagosrd: 11:41am On Aug 20, 2017
I have been looking for an opportunity like this to express myself about this disgusting thing. The customs and immigration are the most culpable. Once they see that your BAT is not up to what you should travel with they will start by saying you cannot travel else you give them something and they still force you to part with it. In cases where you have more than $1000 on you and you are a first time traveller, you are simply subjected to all manners of harassment. On arrival they will remove the jacket on your passport and expect you to put something inside it for them. I plan to record them one day and straight up here their faces will show. Bunch of national disgrace specimens.

1 Like

Re: Bribe Collection At Murtala Muhammed International Airport by asid(m): 11:46am On Aug 20, 2017
lagosrd:
I have been looking for an opportunity like this to express myself about this disgusting thing. The customs and immigration are the most culpable. Once they see that your BAT is not up to what you should travel with they will start by saying you cannot travel else you give them something and they still force you to part with it. In cases where you have more than $1000 on you and you are a first time traveller, you are simply subjected to all manners of harassment. On arrival they will remove the jacket on your passport and expect you to put something inside it for them. I plan to record them one day and straight up here their faces will show. Bunch of national disgrace specimens.

Is there a recommended amount for BAT?
Re: Bribe Collection At Murtala Muhammed International Airport by lagosrd: 4:07pm On Aug 20, 2017
asid:

Yes it's $1000.
Uno they give some useless and baseless excuses such as :
You want to go abroad to disgrace nigeria, start begging for money, etc etc
Re: Bribe Collection At Murtala Muhammed International Airport by lagosrd: 4:08pm On Aug 20, 2017
asid:

Yes it's $1000. Or it's equivalent in foreign denominations.
Re: Bribe Collection At Murtala Muhammed International Airport by asid(m): 5:00pm On Aug 20, 2017
lagosrd:

Thanks much for the info
Re: Bribe Collection At Murtala Muhammed International Airport by CanadianNurse: 7:12pm On Aug 20, 2017
lagosrd:

I've never heard a rule that states you must travel with $1000 cash.... Alot of people carry just spare change and their credit/debit cards

1 Like

Re: Bribe Collection At Murtala Muhammed International Airport by femijck(m): 7:30pm On Aug 20, 2017
CanadianNurse:
I've never heard a rule that states you must travel with $1000 cash.... Alot of people carry just spare change and their credit/debit cards
BTA varies with different countries and even most times your visa type and conditions.
Re: Bribe Collection At Murtala Muhammed International Airport by CanadianNurse: 9:36pm On Aug 20, 2017
femijck:
BTA varies with different countries and even most times your visa type and conditions.
so what's BTA for a student travelling to Canada on study permit?
Re: Bribe Collection At Murtala Muhammed International Airport by lagosrd: 10:11pm On Aug 20, 2017
CanadianNurse:

Was so surprised too but what will you do, already your flight is about to depart.
Re: Bribe Collection At Murtala Muhammed International Airport by femijck(m): 11:03pm On Aug 20, 2017
CanadianNurse:
so what's BTA for a student travelling to Canada on study permit?
I don't know that and I haven't been to Canada....and if u watch some of those boarder security TV show and u hear the customs or immigration asking them how much they've gat on them, that's the BTA they want to know....
If u are on a tourist or any or any temporary visa, and u do not have any or enough BTA. ..That raise a red flag already......u can travel many times and not be asked, but that does mean people haven't been denied entry coz of it.

Best way is to tell them what u have and tell them you've gat ur cards as well..
Re: Bribe Collection At Murtala Muhammed International Airport by Lucasbalo(m): 2:53am On Aug 21, 2017
I am in Oak Park but I grew up in Uptown. Sheridan/Lawrence.
sukkot:
bros which part of chicago you dey ? edgwater ? rogers park abi uptown ? cuz daz where most naijas are
Re: Bribe Collection At Murtala Muhammed International Airport by sukkot: 8:48am On Aug 21, 2017
Lucasbalo:
I am in Oak Park but I grew up in Uptown. Sheridan/Lawrence.
if you grew up on sheridan and lawrence you must know iyanze restaurant and veevees. yeah oak park 290 interstate highway.
Re: Bribe Collection At Murtala Muhammed International Airport by OsamaBinPaul: 1:37pm On Aug 21, 2017
They should just legally state it in our constitution and give it a name "Value Added Bribe" it is very common in d airport and immigration office in Abuja, everybody wants to eat u dry just because they saw u traveling via airport, that's how they stole my sister inlaw's $2,000 on arrival at d airport
Re: Bribe Collection At Murtala Muhammed International Airport by Lucasbalo(m): 2:42pm On Aug 21, 2017
Yes , I sure do. The owner Bola is a friend to my sister.
sukkot:
if you grew up on sheridan and lawrence you must know iyanze restaurant and veevees. yeah oak park 290 interstate highway.
Re: Bribe Collection At Murtala Muhammed International Airport by Nobody: 7:06pm On Aug 21, 2017
When you go to a hotel in America to have a meal, it is the expectation of the waitress or waiter that served you to expect a tip why do we act like Nigerians are so evil to expect tips, Is that not corruption?
Re: Bribe Collection At Murtala Muhammed International Airport by claremont(m): 11:38pm On Aug 21, 2017
Pidgin2:
When you go to a hotel in America to have a meal, it is the expectation of the waitress or waiter that served you to expect a tip why do we act like Nigerians are so evil to expect tips, Is that not corruption?

A Tip is different from a bribe. A tip is given AFTER a meal at a restaurant, and it's not compulsory to give a tip in order to get a good service. Anyone who has been to a restaurant in America will know that tips are designed to reward good service by waiters/waitresses, they are not mandatory to get good service. It doesn't just apply to restaurants, tips are normal in all service delivery sectors in most advanced societies (exception of the UK) e.g. I gave a tip to a taxi driver when I visited America, the taxi driver was a naturalized American originally from Edo state, Nigeria.

On the other hand, what we do in Nigeria is a bribe. A bribe is given PRIOR to service been obtained, and it's mandatory in order to get good service and/or expedite normal service delivery. That's corruption, an example of a broken society is one in which the police require you to ''drop a little sontin'' in order for them to investigate a crime perpetuated against you.

Tips and bribes are two very different things, no reason to misconstrue either as being the same as the other.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bribe Collection At Murtala Muhammed International Airport by larrygal(f): 11:51pm On Aug 21, 2017
claremont:

A Tip is different from a bribe. A tip is given AFTER a meal at a restaurant, and it's not compulsory to give a tip in order to get a good service. Anyone who has been to a restaurant in America will know that tips are designed to reward good service by waiters/waitresses, they are not mandatory to get good service. It doesn't just apply to restaurants, tips are normal in all service delivery sectors in most advanced societies e.g. I gave a tip to a taxi driver when I visited America, the taxi driver was a naturalized American originally from Edo state, Nigeria.

On the other hand, what we do in Nigeria is a bribe. A bribe is given PRIOR to service been obtained, and it's mandatory in order to get good service and/or expedite normal service delivery. That's corruption, an example of a broken society is one in which the police require you to ''drop a little sontin'' in order for them to investigate a crime perpetuated against you.

Tips and bribes are two very different things, no reason to misconstrue either as being the same as the other.
gbam!!!!!!!!!!!! you nailed it

that lady/woman is a confuse being
Re: Bribe Collection At Murtala Muhammed International Airport by CanadianNurse: 12:39am On Aug 22, 2017
Pidgin2:
now this is a very daft comment!

2 Likes

Re: Bribe Collection At Murtala Muhammed International Airport by WIZGUY69(m): 5:02am On Aug 22, 2017
Pidgin2:

You're notorious in this section for always been negative & fooolish.. People will be discussing intelligent matter, you will posting rubbish. ..
I don't know how your brain is wired seriously..
I am very sure you've never been a victim of the failed system... Even if (according to your warped mind) you called this sh*t rubbish.. What can you say about police's extortion? Or .... Lemme stop here..
Posterity will judge you.
You're worse than the devil..
I pray you learn the hard way

3 Likes

Re: Bribe Collection At Murtala Muhammed International Airport by NONNYG: 7:01am On Aug 22, 2017
larrygal:

gbam!!!!!!!!!!!! you nailed it

that lady/woman is a confuse being
pidgin2 abi? I no dey even bother to read her comments
Re: Bribe Collection At Murtala Muhammed International Airport by Nobody: 7:07am On Aug 22, 2017
WIZGUY69:

You're notorious in this section for always been negative & fooolish.. People will be discussing intelligent matter, you will posting rubbish. ..
I am very sure you've never been a victim of the failed system... Even if (according to your warped mind) you called this sh*t rubbish.. What can you say about police's extortion? Or .... Lemme stop here..
You're worse than the devil..o

Back to sender! Your prayers shall remain in your household.
Re: Bribe Collection At Murtala Muhammed International Airport by Nobody: 7:22am On Aug 22, 2017
Pidgin2:
what is anything for the bois mean?

Hope u remember this moniker? God help u
Re: Bribe Collection At Murtala Muhammed International Airport by Nobody: 7:24am On Aug 22, 2017
NONNYG:
pidgin2 abi? I no dey even bother to read her comments
my nigga are u seeing that
Re: Bribe Collection At Murtala Muhammed International Airport by Nobody: 7:25am On Aug 22, 2017
WIZGUY69:

Pidgin2:

grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Bribe Collection At Murtala Muhammed International Airport by WIZGUY69(m): 10:12am On Aug 22, 2017
Pidgin2:

Lol... How will it be in my household?
When we know the right thing and we know.. That' it's wrong, and we are trying to avoid it.. The rest of Nigerians know that what's happenning is wrong.. But you always defend them.. Just watch and see..... God will punish you for all what you're doing.. This is not your first time... You will defend politicians here, defend police extortion.. Telling us how they do it too.. In other parts of the world
Re: Bribe Collection At Murtala Muhammed International Airport by NONNYG: 10:25am On Aug 22, 2017
WIZGUY69:

her brain dey spark due to wrong wiringgrin
Re: Bribe Collection At Murtala Muhammed International Airport by NONNYG: 10:27am On Aug 22, 2017
smithsydny:
my nigga are u seeing that
yes o, she wan make people notice am. Shikena
Re: Bribe Collection At Murtala Muhammed International Airport by Ugosample(m): 11:11am On Aug 22, 2017
Pidgin2:

grin grin

This babe again
Re: Bribe Collection At Murtala Muhammed International Airport by Ugosample(m): 11:12am On Aug 22, 2017
claremont:

A Tip is different from a bribe. A tip is given AFTER a meal at a restaurant, and it's not compulsory to give a tip in order to get a good service. Anyone who has been to a restaurant in America will know that tips are designed to reward good service by waiters/waitresses, they are not mandatory to get good service. It doesn't just apply to restaurants, tips are normal in all service delivery sectors in most advanced societies (exception of the UK) e.g. I gave a tip to a taxi driver when I visited America, the taxi driver was a naturalized American originally from Edo state, Nigeria.

Thank you so much for setting that straight
Re: Bribe Collection At Murtala Muhammed International Airport by Nobody: 11:23am On Aug 22, 2017
NONNYG:
yes o, she wan make people notice am. Shikena
she make dem ban me for travel thread but I use mouth send am go village
Re: Bribe Collection At Murtala Muhammed International Airport by WIZGUY69(m): 12:23pm On Aug 22, 2017
NONNYG:
her brain dey spark due to wrong wiringgrin
As in ... Bros her matter no funny again..
She's always notorious in this section for her stupidity... Even the president know that Nigerians are corrupt... You can't drive on Nigerian highway without giving the police money.. Same as immigration office to airport.. To security men.. Like they don't pay them.. And that one is talking rubbish

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Things You Should Never Buy At The Airport / Herdsmen And Their Cows Casually Strolling On The Street In Lekki / Accident Along Umuahia Road (Pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.