Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:15 AM

Seychelles - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Seychelles (27152 Views)

Working In Seychelles / Fg Waives Visas For Nationals Of Kenya, Seychelles / **** Any Nigerian In Seychelles **** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seychelles by darkroll(m): 9:54am On Dec 22, 2007
darkroll:

babasin , have u gotten any good offer yet .
i think the best time you can get a good bargain is when the market for tourist is low

Feb , march is a good time to get good bargains
Re: Seychelles by babasin(m): 1:11pm On Dec 23, 2007
i think the best time you can get a good bargain is when the market for tourist is low

hey thanks but I have decided for another location: Tahiti.

I may think of Seychelles or Maldives for 2009. but lets keep in touch.
Re: Seychelles by darkroll(m): 4:40am On Dec 24, 2007
babasin:

hey thanks but I have decided for another location: Tahiti.

I may think of Seychelles or Maldives for 2009. but lets keep in touch.
YEah thats great , Tahiti is a nice place . have fun man

1 Like

Re: Seychelles by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jun 19, 2013
Outdated
Re: Seychelles by Bishmoney: 7:15pm On Jul 01, 2015
Pls, how much is the current ticket price to Seychelles in naira?
Re: Seychelles by fajigirl(f): 7:57pm On Jul 01, 2015
When do you want to go? I'm assuming you are going to be leaving from Nigeria? Read the trip reports i have on the Seychelles on my travel blog it is a great place!

Here's is also my post here on nairaland: https://www.nairaland.com/2374011/curious-seychelles-read-trip-report

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seychelles by Gbengajim: 10:52pm On Mar 02, 2016
pls how can I get Gop of Seychelles in Nigeria before travel there for work and pls any body living in Seychelles should pls help me out let talk on mail gbengajim@gmail.com thanks
Re: Seychelles by solomondwise: 12:58pm On Jul 11, 2016
[sub][/sub]please my people I am so much interested in going to Seychelles , I need advice who can help me ? add me on Facebook with ibeson Solomon
Re: Seychelles by kc6964(m): 11:52am On Aug 16, 2016
darkroll:
Hamlak , read thru your note , well some of them are fact , which i have made mention in my past post about seychelles , Seychelles is a very expensive island for visitors , they make thier money from tourism. they are into the european markets and american market .

But seychelles is a beutifull place and a lovely place to work and start life , even so called canadians are coming to work in Seychelles , 3 of my colleagues are from canada , 2 from france . Seychellois are freindly people and very accomodating , they will never speak french to you , what they speak is Creole , which is ther local language ,but if u speak english to them , they reply you in english , altough thier english is funny somehow , cause they like stressing the last letter in thier sentence .

Seychelles does not have man power , 80% of workers in Seychelles are foreigners from france , Sri lankan , India , Mauritaus , Italian , Maldives and only 7 Nigerians working here with a permit . Seychelles has over 100 hotels and resort , they depend more on manpower from other countries , but no employee will employ you without a GOP(gainfull occupational permit), this is why i advise that who ever is coming to seychelles for work , should apply for his GOP before coming , I applied for my GOp before i came to seychells , it took about 1 month and 1 week , i arrived Seychelles and i started working at Labriz Silhouette after 8days .

Seychelles is just an island with 80,000 people , but with lot of potentials , the goverment controls everthing, which is good . They import all what they need , cause no farmland in seychelles , what they have is fish and tuna .
Food is very very very very cheap , they Seychelles Marketing Board (SMB ) runs a big super market at Victoria mahe , where you can buy all you need at cheap price , fish is the most chepest thing .

Like u said , you came to seychelles for visit with your family , before you came , did u make any research about seychelles ? 200 dolls for a night in a room is even cheap( U lucky to get it ) , the hotel i work is 900euro per night .

You are giving a 2weeks visit visa at the airport ( is that not enough to vist a country ) why would they extend your stay , when you dont have any money with you again . they have to chase you out .

Seychelles is a small island , and u can be easily picked up if you dont have a permit , its not like Nigeria , where everything is possible , or like london where nigerians can work without permit .

I stayed in London for 9 month , in london i was working as a dish washer , i hated it. but here in seychelles there are better jobs , not dirty jobs . and i have never regretted ever coming to Seychelles .

So my dear freind , seychelles did not runied you , dnt discourage people , u ruined your self .

You came to Seychelles to vist, they gave u 2 weeks visa for free , u spent all your money , and you think u can get a job and work to make some money , No way , no body will employ without permit .

Next time , make your plans before ever thinking of going to any country .

I was reading your post , with a Nigerian freind of mine working here in seychelles , we just laughing , do u think seycheles is Like London , where guys use fake passport or fake permit to work . Na ghana fit u , cause am sure in ghana , u can work ad live without permit (lol)

Next time u come to Seychelles , be free to give me a calll +248748446 , and i will accomodate you and show u how sweet and nice Seychelles is .

am even having an offer to come and work at Southern sun resort in Dubai , but i rejected it, cause working in Seychelles is the best place u can ever thin of .

bro are you on Whatsapp?
Re: Seychelles by abagadingus: 10:34pm On Aug 21, 2016
Good day darkroll, pls are you still in Seychelles??

darkroll:
Hi , Seychelles is a very lovely island , i moved in to seychelles to work for a resort 3 months aso , and it has been real great to work here , a very lovely island .
u can count seychelles as a african country , ( they are on the indian ocean ) and it looks similar to europe .it is visa free to Nigerians , but they have strict rules on Nigerians
most of them speaks french more than english .
there are some few nigerians here that plays basketball and some work for hotels.

if u want to know more , send me emails will tell u lot more
willa.seun@yahoo.com
Re: Seychelles by Nobody: 12:25pm On Aug 22, 2016
Pls anyone in Seychelles who has an idea how working and living there goes shud help me abeg...
Re: Seychelles by showami: 12:25am On Aug 28, 2016
hello darkroll, please sir can contact you personally. kindly send your email to oluwasholapeaceville@gmail.com. thank you sir
Re: Seychelles by Nobody: 9:04pm On Sep 02, 2016
darkroll:
Hi All , (Renaud Uhmmm u have been reading too much of love novels i guess , )

To be frank with you all , Seychelles is an island for the rich , if you dnt have a job here doing , it will be of waste for you to come . i will advise you all to apply for GOP (Gainfull occupational permit ) with the seychelles immigration . you wil send your documents to them and your processing fee .

With this GOP , you can easily apply for a job when you get here . if you come as a Tourist , it will be very hard for you to get a JOb ,and cost of living will be very high for you . if you have a job your employee provides for all your needs , so you can be able to save a lot .

For those coming for vacations , the cheapest resort/hotel you can get to stay is around 300USD per night (including breakfast only ).

For flights :
Kenya Airways , Qatar Airways , Emirates Airline

Flight on kenya airways is around 1300dolls , you can check with the other airlines for thier rates .

There are only 5 Nigerians staying in Seychelles , and they all work here .

So you all ,if you follow my guidelines , you will have a wonderfull stay in Seychelles

If U require to know more , please send me an email . willa.seun@yahoo.com

(For all those that asked me to send them emails , am sorry i find it hard to send emails at times , due to tight schedule here . but please email me and i will reply .)

Thanks
Re: Seychelles by val2all: 8:15am On Oct 15, 2016
plss i need help on how i can get full info on seychelles visa and work permitte with it cost implication and time frame..
im oa ICT engineer and also security systems and hotel facilities
Re: Seychelles by Nobody: 1:29pm On Oct 21, 2016
Seychelles are great travel destination.. seychelles beach is one of the great beach in the world..
Re: Seychelles by JandyJ(m): 1:49pm On May 03, 2018
Hello guys anybody home?
Re: Seychelles by Kun234(m): 5:33pm On Aug 09, 2018
vikiviko:
Interested in applying for GOP,

Contact me,cos i shall be visiting the island country Mid November.
please can I have your email address please
Re: Seychelles by Kun234(m): 5:35pm On Aug 09, 2018
darkroll:
K2 , well thats cheap but you can still get cheaper ones like 100dolls a night

like the resort where i work is 1500dolls for a nite , seychelles is a very expensive island .

check for sunshine hotel , i think thahst cheaper.
please give me your email address
Re: Seychelles by Gtbanky1: 11:18pm On Sep 08, 2019
Plz how can i get the permit so I can get job
Re: Seychelles by willie5: 7:39am On Sep 11, 2019
I've never been to Seychelles but I'd love to spend my vacation there. Is March the best month for traveling? And who can recommend any websites where to find vacation packages at an affordable price?

1 Like

Re: Seychelles by emmybernard(m): 3:29pm On Sep 24, 2019
Please any update for Seychelles tourist visa thanks
Re: Seychelles by Sharpee4real: 7:45pm On Nov 17, 2019
darkroll please what of someone that studied Hotel and Tourism Management, how can he get a job in Seychelles?
Re: Seychelles by Emmyscopy(m): 6:17pm On Dec 09, 2019
@Darkroll, respond im getting is "address not found" while sending message to your mail. Kindly suggest another mail pls or means of contact via social media pls

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Woman Gives Birth On Europe Bound Migrant Ship (pics) / Car Collides With A Keke Napep At Igando Lagos (photos). / Soldier, Policeman, Lecturer, 97 Other Nigerian Pilgrims Abscond In Israel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.