Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

Best Friends! - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Best Friends! (1261 Views)

B.F.F: Best Friends Forever (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best Friends! by TosinBecca: 10:30pm On Apr 19, 2017
This would be my story here.. I pray I get inspiration to complete it with God's help.

I cried bitterly today 6th of March 2016. How could it be that my best relationship, a relationship envied by all could crumble is like a nightmare to me. It broke my heart in fact shattered it into pieces. Thank God I was home alone so I sobbed loudly and in whispers till I had enough that morning. I decided I won't stay at home to mop so I dressed up but without any touch of make up and a sour mood and went to work. Talking about something I thought could never happen to me. So many thoughts ran through my mind "maybe I'm been punished for all the guys I broke up with without looking back.
Re: Best Friends! by Divepen1(m): 1:12pm On Apr 20, 2017
Romance.. suspense hinted.
Re: Best Friends! by Shakyroh320(f): 1:28pm On Apr 20, 2017
I sit my reserve, kip it coming the intro is captivating, I done sit down gidigba
Re: Best Friends! by TosinBecca: 5:16pm On Apr 20, 2017
Shakyroh320:
I sit my reserve, kip it coming the intro is captivating, I done sit down gidigba
Thanks so much. I hope I won't disappoint.
Re: Best Friends! by TosinBecca: 5:16pm On Apr 20, 2017
Shakyroh320:
Thanks!
Re: Best Friends! by TosinBecca: 7:11pm On Apr 20, 2017
Memory lane....
After my project and convocation from the University of first choice( Unilag). The National Youth Service list came out and we were all excited because here you don't have to wait for months or years except you have issues with your result. I wasn't really enthusiastic about it because I have an issue with a course I mistakenly registered. But my course adviser has been working tirelessly to help me and other course mates who had result issues too. Jumoke called me
Jumoke: Lola, where u dey?
Me: I'm at home now, see question o, u dey Lagos?
Jumoke: I just heard that the nysc list don come out
Me: l was excited for my friend at least even if my name might not come out. So I rushed the questions: You don check?, Where dem paste ? Have you seen your name?
Jumoke: Ode, stay there and be asking questions , I quickly called when Bunmi told me for bbm now now. I haven't checked though. You know the website now
Me: You called to give me information abi yab me, mumu girl ( I said, laughing), because you hear information before for the first time we no go hear word abi
Jumoke: Sha tell me the place where I go see am for Student portal
Me: I will send it now
Jumoke : Corper Adelola Adegoroye ( she was laughing)
Me: ( laughing too)
Corper Jumoke Adelaja.
Our call ended.
I started battling with network with my mind racing because honestly I don't know if I would find my name or not.
I checked for my department but didn't find my name then I realized that the names were arranged in alphabetical order. Hhmmm I didn't see my name. What will tell people? I'm feeling bad already. How will I tell my brother especially?
I already told my parents that I might be having extra year already, that was after seeing the counselor at the counseling unit and to my surprise they took it lightly with me. In fact I was given my school fees already but I just refused to pay because I know its nysc list that would determine.
So now it dawned on me that I will be left alone in school, my course mates and friends would be off while I would be left behind!
I called bae (Olayinka) but I call him Ola.
Me: Hello( in a low tone)
Ola: How are you babe?
Me: ( without answering) guess what?
Ola: what's wrong you sound dull
Me: ( still not answering) I say guess
Ola: you know I'm not good with that
Me: Hhmmm OK
Ola: please I don't like this suspense o, talk Moor, what happened?
Me: ( Sadly) the list came out
Ola: which list?
Me: Nysc
Ola: so what happened?
Me: my name is not there!
Ola: Awwwww, are you sure?
Me: yes joor
Ola: its a lie, check well
Me : (started sobbing)
Ola: stop that now, don't you know you are a big girl? I will check the site Moor, my baby' s name is there.
Me: OK now , I've checked and I can't find it
Ola: I will get back to you, you know I love you no matter what.
Me: OK ( I felt relieved ) at least I've told someone.
I called Jummy
Me: Hello,, how far
Jummy: my name no dey
Me: what do you mean? Stop Moor! Its me that didn't see my name. That can't happen to you now, you don't have any result issue now
Jummy: I didn't find your name too sha( not happy)
Me: l remember that during my search for my name I didn't find her name o) there's a mix up somewhere. So what are we going to do?
Jummy: Coming to Lagos tomorrow ( She doesn't stay in Lagos but Ogun state is not a far distance)
Me: We meet in school tomorrow then
Jummy: OK then
Me: Has Tola called?
Jummy: yes, her name came out
Me: what of Bolu and Tolu?, Akpan?
Jummy: their names came out , abeg no ask me about anybody again jare( she don dey vex)
Me: Its not only us o that our name didn't come out o , there are other people too...
After that several of my friends called asking if I saw my name and how they can't wait to go for service, how glad they are etc.. Amongst them an older course mate later called and swear she saw my name at the tail of the list. I couldn't believe my ears. I've concentrated on letters of my names and department since I've been checking. I quickly checked and lo and behold, its a miracle my name is truly on the list. I calmed down and thought of how to share this news with Jumoke. My joy wasn't full. I shouldn't be ungrateful I chastised myself then I called my friend she was happy but I also know it would make her more unhappy after the call.
Re: Best Friends! by 199MERCIFUL: 7:33pm On Apr 20, 2017
TosinBecca:
Memory lane....
After my project and convocation from the University of first choice( Unilag). The National Youth Service list came out and we were all excited because here you don't have to wait for months or years except you have issues with your result. I wasn't really enthusiastic about it because I have an issue with a course I mistakenly registered. But my course adviser has been working tirelessly to help me and other course mates who had result issues too. Jumoke called me
Jumoke: Lola, where u dey?
Me: I'm at home now, see question o, u dey Lagos?
Jumoke: I just heard that the nysc list don come out
Me: l was excited for my friend at least even if my name might not come out. So I rushed the questions: You don check?, Where dem paste ? Have you seen your name?
Jumoke: Ode, stay there and be asking questions , I quickly called when Bunmi told me for bbm now now. I haven't checked though. You know the website now
Me: You called to give me information abi yab me, mumu girl ( I said, laughing), because you hear information before for the first time we no go hear word abi
Jumoke: Sha tell me the place where I go see am for Student portal
Me: I will send it now
Jumoke : Corper Adelola Adegoroye ( she was laughing)
Me: ( laughing too)
Corper Jumoke Adelaja.
Our call ended.
I started battling with network with my mind racing because honestly I don't know if I would find my name or not.
I checked for my department but didn't find my name then I realized that the names were arranged in alphabetical order. Hhmmm I didn't see my name. What will tell people? I'm feeling bad already. How will I tell my brother especially?
I already told my parents that I might be having extra year already, that was after seeing the counselor at the counseling unit and to my surprise they took it lightly with me. In fact I was given my school fees already but I just refused to pay because I know its nysc list that would determine.
So now it dawned on me that I will be left alone in school, my course mates and friends would be off while I would be left behind!
I called bae (Olayinka) but I call him Ola.
Me: Hello( in a low tone)
Ola: How are you babe?
Me: ( without answering) guess what?
Ola: what's wrong you sound dull
Me: ( still not answering) I say guess
Ola: you know I'm not good with that
Me: Hhmmm OK
Ola: please I don't like this suspense o, talk Moor, what happened?
Me: ( Sadly) the list came out
Ola: which list?
Me: Nysc
Ola: so what happened?
Me: my name is not there!
Ola: Awwwww, are you sure?
Me: yes joor
Ola: its a lie, check well
Me : (started sobbing)
Ola: stop that now, don't you know you are a big girl? I will check the site Moor, my baby' s name is there.
Me: OK now , I've checked and I can't find it
Ola: I will get back to you, you know I love you no matter what.
Me: OK ( I felt relieved ) at least I've told someone.
I called Jummy
Me: Hello,, how far
Jummy: my name no dey
Me: what do you mean? Stop Moor! Its me that didn't see my name. That can't happen to you now, you don't have any result issue now
Jummy: I didn't find your name too sha( not happy)
Me: l remember that during my search for my name I didn't find her name o) there's a mix up somewhere. So what are we going to do?
Jummy: Coming to Lagos tomorrow ( She doesn't stay in Lagos but Ogun state is not a far distance)
Me: We meet in school tomorrow then
Jummy: OK then
Me: Has Tola called?
Jummy: yes, her name came out
Me: what of Bolu and Tolu?, Akpan?
Jummy: their names came out , abeg no ask me about anybody again jare( she don dey vex)
Me: Its not only us o that our name didn't come out o , there are other people too...
After that several of my friends called asking if I saw my name and how they can't wait to go for service, how glad they are etc.. Amongst them an older course mate later called and swear she saw my name at the tail of the list. I couldn't believe my ears. I've concentrated on letters of my names and department since I've been checking. I quickly checked and lo and behold, its a miracle my name is truly on the list. I calmed down and thought of how to share this news with Jumoke. My joy wasn't full. I shouldn't be ungrateful I chastised myself then I called my friend she was happy but I also know it would make her more unhappy after the call.
register NYSC Online with us @ Star Messenger Pent House 561, Agege Motor Road, Shogunle, Oshodi, Lagos (4th Building after Zenith Bank, Ladipo B/stop, Oshodi, Lagos)
Re: Best Friends! by TosinBecca: 11:39am On Apr 21, 2017
Please I am open to constructive criticism from anyone. Thank you!
Re: Best Friends! by TosinBecca: 2:05pm On Apr 21, 2017
That was how it happened ! Glory to God I will be going to for service! Yipee!

I've been in a relationship with Olayinka for more than a year now and he has been a good guy. We started dating before my officially in my 400 level. We've been friends since I was in 300 level. It was during the 6 months ASUU strike and the school authority decided that those that ought to do teaching practice and IT should start instead of wasting that time at home.

I stay at Newhall, Makama hostel and everyone knows that its the happening place. But because it was just few TP and IT students and some other students that feels home is boring that are around. Everywhere was so dull at that period. On my hostel floor it was just 3 of us that were around. After work the boredom is always much even with your phone and laptop.

On this very day I was super bored because its a Saturday I had read the novels I had, there was no light, my laptop dead and a low phone battery. So I decided to take a stroll. It wouldn't have been this bad if Jummy was around but she went to spend the weekend with her uncle. She would have either come or I go to her hostel outside school at Abule oja.

It was around 7pm and it was getting dark. I wore a gown and my ear piece on. I stepped out. I passed yem yem, Unilag ventures , I was almost around campus shuttle when I bumped into someone. It was a guy, I said sorry and he said its nothing. He laughed and I still said sorry because I know what I could have said if someone bumped into me.

In a twinkle of an eye I didn't know when I asked a question
Me: Are you also an education student?
Ola: (he laughed again), No
Me: Science student?
Ola: No
Me: OK, so..
Ola: (without waiting for me to land), I was a student here here but I graduated in 2010
Me: Oh really.. ( trying to calculate, did one no be my mate o, I ended Unilag that same year)
Ola: yea
Me: Alright then so what's the name incase I bump into you some other day( I said smiling)
Ola: ( Smiling and stretching forth his hand) I'm Olayinka and what's your name?
Me: ( l quickly chose that name I have but nobody calls) My name is Oladunni
Ola: Nice meeting you
Me: Same here
Ola: so where are you heading to?
Me: ( l laughed because I don't have a destination) Well, I'm just taking a stroll
Ola: oh really? , that makes the two of us
Me: ( l was happy not because I was attracted to him but I've been bored and finally got someone I could talk to but I was also not sure about strolling or even talking to a stranger)( l laughed) Hhmmm
Ola: Shall we? We've been here for close to 10 minutes
Me: l didn't know you were counting ( l laughed)
Ola: ( laughing too) it's not like I'm sure but would you rather stand here, I thought you came out for a stroll
Me: yes I did

So we strolled to Amphi theatre and we sat down, then began to ask questions about each other. Olayinka has an apartment inside Unilag and he is coming back from rehearsal from church. He told me about his work place. He works with Oando, he works with the IT department.

We began to see each other like that every evening at different places inside school after work he comes to New hall with gifts for me.

He invited me to his church, although I knew he was a choir I didn't know he could drum, I was impressed. After service that day he invited me to his place. It was one room apartment but a standard one, there was a bed, television set, a fridge, a wardrobe, a shoe rack, a single plastic chair but there was no table. On this particular day there were clothes so I just perched my bum on the bed. He notice that and laughed

Ola: Dunni sit now( that's what he calls me even though I've told him that's a name I don't use. He insisted that since its part of my name and that's what I told at first he would stick to it)
Me: Can't see that I am?
Ola: I will just tell you to feel free because I have no ulterior motive
Me: l never said you had( I said, gainingy confidence back) l need water( I said, looking at him)
Ola: you are not a guest joor, open the fridge and help with whatever you want.
Me: So this is how you will treat me on my first visit to your place( l feigned anger), l will just leave
Ola: you are just a clown ( he stood and went to the fridge, he opened it wide so I could make a choice)
Me: ( l started laughing) Na u no( l could see water, the big plastic fanta and Hollandia milk) ( I pointed at Fanta while he provided a cup)
Ola: madam take o
Me: Thank you ( still smiling)

The truth is we were beginning to like each other but we didn't talk about it.
Re: Best Friends! by Shakyroh320(f): 4:28pm On Apr 21, 2017
the update is superb,kip it coming dear,please check for your use of tenses critically, enjoying every bit of it.
Re: Best Friends! by TosinBecca: 1:34pm On Apr 26, 2017
Please I would like comments from readers to know if I'm writing well or not. Thank you
Re: Best Friends! by darloseh(f): 3:08pm On Apr 26, 2017
nyc 1
Re: Best Friends! by TosinBecca: 4:40pm On Apr 26, 2017
Sorry about the delay guys. Thanks for reading.

The strike was suspended and school resumed. It was a breath of fresh air for us all. School started bubbling again with activities.
I had the best room mates that year. We were all like one happy family. We cook and eat together, fetch water for each other, wash clothes together most of the time that's if we are not giving " any wash",we wake each other up for class, we leave the room together but we were in different department and faculty. I'm an education student (which explains why I was around for my teaching practice during the strike and they weren't). Taiwo is a year one student of Biochemistry, squatting with her sister Folashade, a year three law student, Bisola (my bunk mate) a year three Geography student and Bolatito( the reserved one) a year three Quantity Survey student. We normally leave together since its same route we are headed.

Normally I don't fall sick often but the major one is Menstrual pain(mp). My room mates already know Ola and when they ask lf we are dating l say No
Folashade: Its almost 7 o Jummy
Me: why are you telling me? ( amused because l know where she's going)
Bisola: Do and go now
Bolatito: (clearing her throat) Hhmmm
Taiwosadlaughing)
Me: you guys are not serious o, send me out of the r...( my phone started ringing and they all burst out laughing, so l had to run to the corridor to receive the call) ( l shyly came into the room with a smile plastered on my face)
I'm going downstairs
Shade,Bola and Bisola: (chorused) for what
Me : well to see Olayinka
Shade,Bola and Bisola: l go love o
Taiwo: Bring something o
I was listening again because l was already on the stairs on my way to me Ola.

I got downstairs and l called him to know where exactly he was standing. I located him easily.
Ola: Is that how to greet?
Me: ( l just stood there with a smile plastered on my face) Good evening, how are you and how was work?
Ola: oh, what too you so long to boot? Anyways I'm fine, how are you?
Me: So its me you are talking to? ( I feigned anger) it's OK and I'm fine
Ola: you ehn, oya sorry
Mesad laughing) Better
Ola: I know that's your next statement, anyways show to jeun?
Me: I haven't, have you?
Ola: what would you like?
Me: Anything
Ola: for me anything is nothing, OK what have you eaten today?
Me : well rice in the morning then Golden morn this afternoon
Ola: when will you stop this baby foods
Me: which one is baby food? Rice or Golden morn? Well they didn't write age bracket on the pack for consumers.
Ola: Are we fighting? ( he said smiling)
Me: ( smiling too) Just trying to explain to you sir
Ola: Alright ma, will you take Chicken and chips
Me: OK, I will

We were on the queue hosting till it got to our turn, we also went to get drink. He carried the plates while I carried the drinks. He took his and I took mine.
Ola: Madam, I have to go
Me: I know right, thanks
Ola: I've told you to stop thanking me, you didn't compel me to do it
Me: OK sir( I laughed) , I retrieve my thank you
Olasad He laughed too) I brought some work I need to finish up, I will call you when I'm about to sleep
Me: OK, take care of you!
Ola: Thanks ma, what will you be doing
Me: it can be anything, will be upstairs with my room mates
Ola: Alright then( He gave me a quick hug)

I entered my hostel and I know his eyes were following me. Anyways I ran up the stairs to my room. I paused before entering my room because I know how they would react. I entered the room, Shade and Bisola met me halfway and they each hijacked what I was holding.

Taiwo: ( sitting on the bed with her friend) I want to be like you when I grow up o
Bisola: I knew it, sharp girl
Shade: she sharp no be small
Me: ( laughing and lacking what to say) Na u sabi
Bolatito: Are you sure you are not this guy?
Shade: Abeg leave Jummy o, na this kind friend I want, not all this small boys that you will gist and mosquitoes will feed on you and at the end you come to the room empty handed.
Bisola: Abi o, leave matter for martyrs o
Taiwo: leave trash for lawma( her friend burst into laughter and said, I love this your room o)
We all laughed and we started to consume.
Re: Best Friends! by TosinBecca: 8:46pm On May 02, 2017
Sorry for the dealay dear readers but I'm also not encouraged to write because you guys are not letting me know if you are enjoying it or not. This is actually my first story here. It uld be kind of
Re: Best Friends! by EvaJael(f): 9:12pm On May 02, 2017
TosinBecca:
Sorry for the dealay dear readers but I'm also not encouraged to write because you guys are not letting me know if you are enjoying it or not. This is actually my first story here. It uld be kind of
Just stumbled on this today. I'm following u.
P.S. my brother start getting used to no comments at the beginning o. I have same challenge but we'll make it
Re: Best Friends! by rayvelez(m): 4:16pm On May 03, 2017
just stumble on it today....pls don't quit
Re: Best Friends! by yeeshanana(f): 8:24pm On May 03, 2017
Following.......

(1) (Reply)

Pleasure, Trial, Travail Of A Village Corper. / The Mercenary / A Friend In Need Is A Friend Indeed: A Feelings Of Completeness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.