Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,726 members, 7,820,514 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:18 PM

Tithing?....,never Works - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithing?....,never Works (1727 Views)

Why Do Christians Reject Old Testament Laws But Stick To Tithing / Still On Tithing – I Disagree With Daddy Oyedepo! / 10 Bible Verses On Tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tithing?....,never Works by owoleola: 8:04pm On Apr 22, 2017
petra1:

You are the one preaching the doctrine of giving all . And you should back the doctrine from scripture . Where did Gid say to give all and what does he mean by the context . I didn't teach about giving all you did. If I teach about giving all . I will give you scriptures and explain what I understand by it
I was only making clear God's standard on giving.....,God's standards weren't used for the Israelites you know?
Re: Tithing?....,never Works by esere826: 8:15pm On Apr 22, 2017
petra1:

You're ignorant. Everything has its place .
Prayer has its blessing
almsgiving has its blessing
Tithing has its blessing
Offering has its blessing
Giving to man of God has its blessing
Giving to frlow believers has its blessing
Giving to parents has its blessing
Knowledge of God has it'd blessing
Hard work has its blessing

If you do then you reap the individual blessing they carry. But if you don't you simply lose the blessing they carry

in a sense, this is technically wrong,
you only loose what you have. For example £100 in your pocket falls off or his stolen -this is a loss because you actually tangibly had it.

A better way to express your thoughts might be this:
If you do then you reap the individual blessing they carry. But if you don't you simply don't access the blessing they carry

...words carry a lot of expressive weight mate

1 Like

Re: Tithing?....,never Works by owoleola: 8:21pm On Apr 22, 2017
petra1:

"By faith Abel. . ." "Faith comes by hearing". They must have been taught or instructed . Abel obeyed by painstakingly selecting the firstling of every animal he offered . Cain didn't bother to go through the rigors . He offered something else . His wasn't based on faith. He heart definately wasn't right hence his action.

Are you now saying God had instructed them before hand about giving the first fruit?
Re: Tithing?....,never Works by openmine(m): 6:58am On Apr 23, 2017
I think this topic has been debated for some time now,with so many threads that have nipped this issue in the bud...any one who has a bible and led by the spirit sud know tithe sud no longer be practiced by believers of the gospel of Jesus christ!
We can argue from now till the end of all things,but the truth from the scripture still remains explicit.....no more tithes! Any thing that has no form of free will or decision from you when giving is no longer free will giving but mandatory or based on a requirement to get something from God!
Feel free to dispute my assertions smiley smiley
Re: Tithing?....,never Works by All4good: 7:44am On Apr 23, 2017
My challenge is with weak Christians who leave studying of God's word (The Bible) to their Pastors and sink or float with his interpretation. They forget that ignorance of the Law is NOT an Excuse for Sin. So also "My Pastor did not tell me that" is NOT an Excuse for Sin.

Most of us have been brain washed for so many years with verses quoted of context especially malachi 3:10. But a little study brings out Deuteronomy 14: 22-29 and Deuteronomy 12: 11-28. Tell your pastor you will pay your Tithe unfailingly but not to him/her. Tell your pastor you will pay your Tithe as God stipulated in Deuteronomy 14:22-29

I suggest you read this book http:///TithePB
It is written in a Question & Answer format and it answers lots of questions on Tithe, Offering, First fruits and Vows.

There is no gain in saying that the current structure of most churches for the collection of Tithe & Offering and "Church Planting" rather than Evangelism, Crusades and Missions has brought many pastors(Not All) to eternal condemnation.
Re: Tithing?....,never Works by openmine(m): 10:05am On Apr 23, 2017
All4good:
My challenge is with weak Christians who leave studying of God's word (The Bible) to their Pastors and sink or float with his interpretation. They forget that ignorance of the Law is NOT an Excuse for Sin. So also "My Pastor did not tell me that" is NOT an Excuse for Sin.

Most of us have been brain washed for so many years with verses quoted of context especially malachi 3:10. But a little study brings out Deuteronomy 14: 22-29 and Deuteronomy 12: 11-28. Tell your pastor you will pay your Tithe unfailingly but not to him/her. Tell your pastor you will pay your Tithe as God stipulated in Deuteronomy 14:22-29

I suggest you read this book http:///TithePB
It is written in a Question & Answer format and it answers lots of questions on Tithe, Offering, First fruits and Vows.

There is no gain in saying that the current structure of most churches for the collection of Tithe & Offering and "Church Planting" rather than Evangelism, Crusades and Missions has brought many pastors(Not All) to eternal condemnation.
Absolutely spot on!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Did You Know Jesus Escaped Crucifixion And Raised A Family In Japan / Any Christian Who Supports Israel Is An Anti-christ / Dihya Ibn Khalifa Al-kalbi, One Of The Companions Of Muhammad Is Angel Jibreel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.