Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,323 members, 7,811,953 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:23 AM

Naira Gains Momentum, Closes At 390/dollar - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Gains Momentum, Closes At 390/dollar (17074 Views)

FOREX: CBN Introduces New Rules, Naira Closes At 367/$ / Naira Gains, Dollar Crashes At Parallel Market / As Naira Gains, Neighbouring Countries Ease Rush For Nigerian Goods (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Gains Momentum, Closes At 390/dollar by tweetsme(m): 8:41am On Apr 20, 2017
HAH:
and as long as oil is relevant and in demand this policy is sustainable, be optimistic, oil is also an export
Now I believe Nigerians not ready for pure Development... smiley

1 Like

Re: Naira Gains Momentum, Closes At 390/dollar by KingsleyCEO: 8:42am On Apr 20, 2017
rozayx5:
hmm

what has this admin really achieved

undecided

My honest answer is nothing.
Re: Naira Gains Momentum, Closes At 390/dollar by KingsleyCEO: 8:44am On Apr 20, 2017
Tflex01:

PDP did not spoil this country in one day. Don't expect APC to fix it in a day.
Another blind individual swimming in delusion. I am really pained for you.
Re: Naira Gains Momentum, Closes At 390/dollar by Nobody: 8:51am On Apr 20, 2017
Paper economy. Anytime Adsense payment wants to clear it will crash. You people should just continue this nonsense. Currency is rising and falling and the cost of garry keeps increasing.

Issokay o. You People should just continue this nonsense.

And the APC people will be shouting Change Change. Peeps who don't know the price of red oil in the market. Ndi ara
Re: Naira Gains Momentum, Closes At 390/dollar by legendsilver(m): 8:54am On Apr 20, 2017
Breaking news:
$1=#385
God bless Nigeria, Amen

1 Like

Re: Naira Gains Momentum, Closes At 390/dollar by chukel(m): 9:06am On Apr 20, 2017
dayus444:
We knew this would happen. After yesterday's injection comes this kneel-jack reaction. Which way Naija?
knee-jerk not kneel-jack

1 Like

Re: Naira Gains Momentum, Closes At 390/dollar by stallionng: 9:07am On Apr 20, 2017
one may argue that BDC have their functions and advantages. yes but their disadvantages of acting as a conduit pipe of raping our economy have outweighed their advantages and of course if every bank is mandated to have a fully functional foreign exchange department charged with sell of currencies and closely monitored by CBN and EFCC.these will checkmate their excesses
Re: Naira Gains Momentum, Closes At 390/dollar by Proudlyngwa(m): 9:13am On Apr 20, 2017
wristbangle:

Sorry if I may interrupt even though modath will provide a comprehensive answer. What the CBN and FG should be doing is spending on long term goals/assets that will project this country on sustainable growth. Critical sectors like power, infrastructure (road/housing), agriculture(food production, storage, security), solid minerals (processed), etc which are seriously lagging behind needs this intervention. Even though FG is working on fixing some part of infrastructure, others still remain a far cry from reality. Until we address this situation, FG will just be postponing the remaining part of economic backlash pretending as if they are working via dollars pumping. What if the price of oil drops to $40 tomorrow?
And what makes you think the don't have long term plans.
I know of the federal backed agriculture initiative.
What the are doing now, should have been done before things got out of hand.
This government was too slow in reacting.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Gains Momentum, Closes At 390/dollar by donmalcolm21(m): 9:42am On Apr 20, 2017
modath:

Cos i don't build my castles in the air....I should be castigated & demeaned? Can any currency exist in a vacuum or in a state of perpetual flux...Pump it appreciates, lull same problem returns.... abegiiii!!!

Flight ticket of 300k just around one year ago is over 450k , pack of cereal i used to buy at 4k is now 6.5k, a tin of sardine is 300 naira & yall think I'm happy about the nation's predicaments? How much of these myriads of problem affect the elite?

So knowing the truth & refusing to accept the band aid over festering sore is an act of sabotage? Must we all sleep and face same direction? Until we all stop lying to ourselves, we will continue to revolve around same circle and make no appreciable progress.... We have to produce to progress, anything short is self deception....

P.S... I've given 989900 the only response i owe him, you've gotten yours as well.... Now both of you can find one corner to rub against yourselves in your one sided prism view of patriotism...... mtcheeeewwww!!!! sad

*mic drop*
Some people re feeling the record heat of this dummy they sold to us. Imagine she is still saying Sai baba in another thread.

BMC na wa ooo
Re: Naira Gains Momentum, Closes At 390/dollar by VirginFinder: 9:47am On Apr 20, 2017
Truth234:

Hehe.. madam na fight? Building an economy is a gradual process. Consumer prices are still high but that does not negate recent progress as reported by NBS. The country would be out of recession in the second quarter and prices would adjust accordingly.

She's just a pained speculator who is finding it difficult to bear the losses she is suffering.

Stop trying to appease her.
Re: Naira Gains Momentum, Closes At 390/dollar by donmalcolm21(m): 9:52am On Apr 20, 2017
2dugged:
hehehehhehe, I am just literally laughing here, someone finally understands the true meaning of patriotism, cheers!
don't mind her. She is just crying as a BMC agent
Re: Naira Gains Momentum, Closes At 390/dollar by VirginFinder: 9:53am On Apr 20, 2017
onatisi:
finally you are beginning to see what we have been saying and shouting aabout how absolutely daft this government is. Well nigerians will be the ones to suffer the pains and that is perfectly ok until they start thinking with their brains and start voicing out with their mouths instead of just keeping mute like a sleeping donkey.no matter what you say now ,ppl will look at u as a sadist. The best thing is just to watch nigerians

You are a pathetic; pained speculator.

So you want the Naira to fall to N1000 abi?

Wait, let Dangote refinery begin operations.

Una go hear wen!

2 Likes

Re: Naira Gains Momentum, Closes At 390/dollar by Nobody: 9:55am On Apr 20, 2017
modath:

Without mincing words, I'm really disappointed in you!!!

ADDENDUM..

People who are having difficulty understanding the nation's problem should check this post & accompanying screen shot... cool

https://www.nairaland.com/3436650/give-birth-usa-cost-procedures/206#55734245

Look at the image again, the first pic is going n returning, while the second is one-way(just going). So that pic is a lie
Re: Naira Gains Momentum, Closes At 390/dollar by gqboyy(m): 10:05am On Apr 20, 2017
They r experimenting on us
Re: Naira Gains Momentum, Closes At 390/dollar by grandstar(m): 10:32am On Apr 20, 2017
989900:
Fingers crossed . . .

The SMEs window if not abused should be a good move.

Raising limits on Naira cards for POS transactions would have been good too.

Cashless policy and the Whistleblower policy, plus ebb and flow in the exchange rates will make it a bit difficult for racketeers.

The Naira should do better by far in a year or 2 when Private refineries start working, and 'probably' government ones do better, hoping the agric, local rice and 'buy naija' revolution does not lose steam, with the steel industry, local auto industry, railways and FDIs kicking in.

P.S. It was N385 @ Island yesterday.

Nice to read about the appreciation.

However simply throwing money st the problem isn't the solution.

Until the exchange rate is allowed to float, that is governed by forces of demand and supplying, the forex shortages plaguing the country will not end.

The refusal to accept a float leaves the gap between the official and black market rates at very unhealthy levels.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Gains Momentum, Closes At 390/dollar by olujastro: 12:06pm On Apr 20, 2017
wristbangle:

Sorry if I may interrupt even though modath will provide a comprehensive answer. What the CBN and FG should be doing is spending on long term goals/assets that will project this country on sustainable growth. Critical sectors like power, infrastructure (road/housing), agriculture(food production, storage, security), solid minerals (processed), etc which are seriously lagging behind needs this intervention. Even though FG is working on fixing some part of infrastructure, others still remain a far cry from reality. Until we address this situation, FG will just be postponing the remaining part of economic backlash pretending as if they are working via dollars pumping. What if the price of oil drops to $40 tomorrow?
With the fx injection, everyone who needs fx is getting fx as it was before the drop in oil prices. Whether it's the manufacturers, overseas students, BTA/PTA, Dangote refinery, etc. which should be normal for every functioning country. In addition, the black market rate is also dropping which in turn brings down inflation which positively affects the economy especially the poor.
That's why I asked for her expectation from the CBN cos I thought she has another perspective to it.
Concerning what you stated, we also earn massive revenues from IGR. FIRS under Fowler for example generated N3.3tr in 2016. Customs generate about N1tr annually as well as other govt agencies. So infrastructure will always be funded with those in addition to oil revenues. Taking the economy away from Oil will only happen gradually, not even under a decade years.
Are we supposed to pause the entire country for infrastructure alone?

1 Like

Re: Naira Gains Momentum, Closes At 390/dollar by Tflex01: 12:47pm On Apr 20, 2017
KingsleyCEO:

Another blind individual swimming in delusion. I am really pained for you.

You should be pained for your dad kid grin
Re: Naira Gains Momentum, Closes At 390/dollar by Tflex01: 12:51pm On Apr 20, 2017
dragonking3:
it is comments like this that make me weep for the youths of this country. The PDP that spoilt Nigeria are they not the ones now in apc? So how do you expect someone who destroyed the nation to develop it? SMH

Please keep weeping. You never wished this administration well in the first place.
Re: Naira Gains Momentum, Closes At 390/dollar by Fourwinds: 2:09pm On Apr 20, 2017
tweetsme:
Your Naira is going No where. No matter the pump.. Fix the real issue.. Not pumping Dollars You guys don't Produce..
sometimes when I see d pessimism some of u have about d present government., I marvel....hope u know Dangote refinary is coming up soon which have never been. hope u know Lagos and Kebbi are into rice production now and they intend to increase d out put...some other states and private individual are also interested too...hope u know tomatoes productionis also in d increase and Dangote is also going in there...I can go on and on..so if CBN is temperary suporting d Naira remember what will use hard currency to buy before will soon be done here

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Gains Momentum, Closes At 390/dollar by Godspikin: 3:40pm On Apr 20, 2017
989900:
Fingers crossed . . .

The SMEs window if not abused should be a good move.

Raising limits on Naira cards for POS transactions would have been good too.

Cashless policy and the Whistleblower policy, plus ebb and flow in the exchange rates will make it a bit difficult for racketeers.

The Naira should do better by far in a year or 2 when Private refineries start working, and 'probably' government ones do better, hoping the agric, local rice and 'buy naija' revolution does not lose steam, with the steel industry, local auto industry, railways and FDIs kicking in.

P.S. It was N385 @ Island yesterday.

N375 @ Sabo, Ibadan. April 20.

N365 @ Ejigbo, Lagos. April 20.

Where in Ejigbo please, I need to buy...
Re: Naira Gains Momentum, Closes At 390/dollar by 989900: 3:48pm On Apr 20, 2017
Godspikin:

Where in Ejigbo please, I need to buy...

I can't do that again, bro.

Last time I did on NL, it didn't go well.

Just try your luck at Ejigbo or anywhere basically, looks like rates are falling 'cause of Whistleblower policy and cashless policy stuffs.

Re: Naira Gains Momentum, Closes At 390/dollar by AlphaStyles(m): 4:58pm On Apr 20, 2017
oyienootieno:

Don't be deceived, if a dollar is N400 for instance it means that Sardine you used to buy for N300 will also be increased to N400. The poeple who suffers most is the workers and the poor, because Salaries is not based on Dollar market price it is fixed. And for the poor they won't be able to do business anymore because the prices of goods would have exceeded their previous gain or capital.

don't you get it when I send money from outside change it and see
Re: Naira Gains Momentum, Closes At 390/dollar by KingsleyCEO: 9:12pm On Apr 20, 2017
Tflex01:

You should be pained for your dad kid grin

But I'm not. I am Sincerely pained for you! cool
Re: Naira Gains Momentum, Closes At 390/dollar by AerialMapper: 1:37am On Nov 07, 2022
Tflex01:
Good news!!!!

Unfortunately, not the type of news some people want to hear. cool

Hiiiiā€¦ just came to visit you here.

What do you have to say about the Naira today? Awaiting your honest comments

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Help! My Boss Is Owing Me Over N200,000 And Doesn't Want To Pay / Balogun Market Women Sing And Dance In Celebration Of Christmas In Lagos / You Can Open your UAE verify Paypal Account as Nigerian Free Without VPN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.