Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:36 AM

Unemployed Man Welcomes Quintuplets In Abuja (Photos) - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Unemployed Man Welcomes Quintuplets In Abuja (Photos) (33160 Views)

Unemployed Man Wins $273m Lotto Months After Divorce In US, Ex-Wife Reacts / Man Welcomes First Child At 87 (Photos) / Nigerian Man Welcomes His First Child After 9 Years Of Marriage. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unemployed Man Welcomes Quintuplets In Abuja (Photos) by alezzy13: 1:39pm On Apr 20, 2017
femolala001:

I am so shocked at this your comment. If you have nothig to say just keep quiet.
1. Is it the parents fault that God blessed dem with 5 children at a go?
2. Should dey kill the babies because dere is poverty in d country?
3. So because he is unemployed, he shouldnt give birth again?
4. It can only be bizzare if d couples keep giving birth despite their financial status.

Mhiztenderly, just keep quiet if u have nothig to say. ?mtschweeeeee

@bolded, emphatically YES. If he's unemployed, but has the means, no problem. But if he has no means, then its THE HEIGHT OF IRRESPONSIBILITY to bring a child into world and wait for government to take of him/her.

Would it not make more sense TO WAIT TILL YOU HAVE A BLEEPING JOB, before bringing those priceless creatures into the world, eh madam?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unemployed Man Welcomes Quintuplets In Abuja (Photos) by Nobody: 1:40pm On Apr 20, 2017
femolala001:

I am so shocked at this your comment. If you have nothig to say just keep quiet.
4. It can only be bizzare if d couples keep giving birth despite their financial status.

U are correct. I wonder why some pple are not rational when thinking

1 Like

Re: Unemployed Man Welcomes Quintuplets In Abuja (Photos) by Dollypie20(f): 1:41pm On Apr 20, 2017
Hey! He has bought serious job shocked
Congratulations though
Make d wife just use fast relay race go do family planning o
Re: Unemployed Man Welcomes Quintuplets In Abuja (Photos) by Nobody: 1:41pm On Apr 20, 2017
femolala001:

If you don't have a job, don't have a baby yet, no one is gonna help you train them.
And we are in recession.

Sentiments apart.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Unemployed Man Welcomes Quintuplets In Abuja (Photos) by Nobody: 1:43pm On Apr 20, 2017
alezzy13:

@bolded, emphatically YES. If he's unemployed, but has the means, no problem. But if he has no means, then its THE HEIGHT OF IRRESPONSIBILITY to bring a child into world and wait for government to take of him/her.

Would it not make more sense TO WAIT TILL YOU HAVE A BLEEPING JOB, before bringing those priceless creatures into the world, eh madam?
So because sum1 is unemployed and has a hope of gaining employment, he shouldnt give birth??

Im surprised at dis ur theory! So if u cant get am employment you are an irresponsible citizen??

1 Like

Re: Unemployed Man Welcomes Quintuplets In Abuja (Photos) by Nobody: 1:45pm On Apr 20, 2017
MhizTenderly:
If you don't have a job, don't have a baby yet, no one is gonna help you train them.
And we are in recession.

Sentiments apart.
But his wife has a job and he also has hope of gaining employment.
What if he has some things he is doing dat can only cater for just one child??
Getting 5kids at a go is not his fault na.

1 Like

Re: Unemployed Man Welcomes Quintuplets In Abuja (Photos) by Joyekpen: 1:49pm On Apr 20, 2017
She works in National Population Commission. The place of work bless her wella!
Re: Unemployed Man Welcomes Quintuplets In Abuja (Photos) by alezzy13: 1:50pm On Apr 20, 2017
mmsen:

I could be entirely wrong but I get the impression that these guys were using something to increase fertility which is why they ended up with 5.

Knowing how much emphasis some people put on reproduction I wouldn't be surprised. I just wish they put as much emphasis on quality of up-bringing and preparation for parenthood.

@bolded, I totally agree. The chances of multiples birth by natural causes are extremely low.

However, the fact remains they probably knew about the multiple births through scanning, months before now, hence the decision to use national hospital. Lets be frank, caring for four additional babies even if one had up to 9 months to prepare is no easy feat. Obviously they couldn't have aborted the babies. The couples clearly need all the assistance they can get.

Nonetheless, I totally agree we have WAYYYY too many irresponsible parents in this art of the world. They bleep and bleep and bleep RAW and then wait for govt to shoulder their nauseating (ir)responsibility.

Unfortunately, going by some of the silly comments here - "its the right of poor people to have children" - our societal attitudes does not help matters.

4 Likes

Re: Unemployed Man Welcomes Quintuplets In Abuja (Photos) by mmsen: 1:50pm On Apr 20, 2017
MizMyColi:

hmmmmm
are you sure?

so there is a medication that influences multiple birth.

what I know is that yam is a big culprit.
and you can't easily separate a typical Yoruba man from his Amala (which is a yam derivative).

Yam might be responsible for twins but look at the rate at which Nigerians are having triplets, quadruplets and quintuplets - that isn't natural, these guys are using (and abusing) fertility treatments and ending up with more than they can cater for.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unemployed Man Welcomes Quintuplets In Abuja (Photos) by Nobody: 1:51pm On Apr 20, 2017
Pls mynd44 lalasticalala seun help unban femolala001. He has learnt his lessons.
Re: Unemployed Man Welcomes Quintuplets In Abuja (Photos) by alezzy13: 1:51pm On Apr 20, 2017
Joyekpen:
She works in National Population Commission. The place of work bless her wella!

LOL!! Abi o!! cheesy cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Unemployed Man Welcomes Quintuplets In Abuja (Photos) by Nobody: 1:53pm On Apr 20, 2017
mmsen:

I could be entirely wrong but I get the impression that these guys were using something to increase fertility which is why they ended up with 5.

Knowing how much emphasis some people put on reproduction I wouldn't be surprised. I just wish they put as much emphasis on quality of up-bringing and preparation for parenthood.
U are right. Pls help beg mynd44 lalasticlala and seun to unban femolala001. He has learnt his lessons.
Re: Unemployed Man Welcomes Quintuplets In Abuja (Photos) by alezzy13: 1:58pm On Apr 20, 2017
Fm4real06:

So because sum1 is unemployed and has a hope of gaining employment, he shouldnt give birth??

Im surprised at dis ur theory! So if u cant get am employment you are an irresponsible citizen??

Stop twisting my words. I never said an unemployed person is irresponsible. If you bring a child KNOWINGLY into the world for which you have no means to cater for him/her, then its the HEIGHT OF IRRESPONSIBILITY.

@bolded, why not WAIT UNTIL THE HOPE IS ACTUALIZED!!! When the beautiful job comes, he can then plan and bring those beautiful creatures into the world and give them the best of care.

3 Likes

Re: Unemployed Man Welcomes Quintuplets In Abuja (Photos) by Nobody: 1:58pm On Apr 20, 2017
You no get money....

1. You dey straff

2. Do marriage

3. Straff without condom ontop!

I can't be comfortable as a man living solely on my wife's salary....

EPILOGUE : Don't be surprised that, this same guy would say he's looking for a son and try again. It's already obvious they have the genes for multiple births. 2nd attempt would just make things worse

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Unemployed Man Welcomes Quintuplets In Abuja (Photos) by mmsen: 2:01pm On Apr 20, 2017
Rett0:

Stop being dumb...
Even an average earning man can't care for five babies.
In the western world where people are gainfully employed, the Government provides welfare for multiples till they turn 18.
I doubt you are a parent for making such comment

In the western world they would end up living in poverty because western governments would only give them the absolute basics - a small home in a horrible area with bad schools and poor employment prospects; a basic food allowance that would be just enough to feed the children.

It is these facts that have caused many parents to feed their children the unhealthy, nutrition deficient junk food that has resulted in a childhood obesity epidemic in the western world.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unemployed Man Welcomes Quintuplets In Abuja (Photos) by Rett0: 2:01pm On Apr 20, 2017
Re: Unemployed Man Welcomes Quintuplets In Abuja (Photos) by RELAN2446(m): 2:08pm On Apr 20, 2017
Another 5pekus have landed, mk we dey fire dey go. Mk dem sharply grow up, we waiting.
Re: Unemployed Man Welcomes Quintuplets In Abuja (Photos) by MizMyColi(f): 2:09pm On Apr 20, 2017
mmsen:

Yam might be responsible for twins but look at the rate at which Nigerians are having triplets, quadruplets and quintuplets - that isn't natural, these guys are using (and abusing) fertility treatments and ending up with more than they can cater for.

even poor man dey do fertility treatment?
i know it's damn expensive!

1 Like

Re: Unemployed Man Welcomes Quintuplets In Abuja (Photos) by mmsen: 2:11pm On Apr 20, 2017
MizMyColi:

Some of the drugs used have been around for a while, it's not that costly but they are open to abuse. I'm pretty sure that's what this couple were doing.

Or rather, I'm pretty sure that because of the pressure that many Nigerian women feel to have children, the wife was taking fertility medication.

Whether the husband knew is another question.

1 Like

Re: Unemployed Man Welcomes Quintuplets In Abuja (Photos) by Rett0: 2:12pm On Apr 20, 2017
mmsen:

In the western world they would end up living in poverty because western governments would only give them the absolute basics - a small home in a horrible area with bad schools and poor employment prospects; a basic food allowance that would be just enough to feed the children. It is these facts that have caused many parents to feed their children the unhealthy, nutrition deficient junk food that has caused a childhood obesity epidemic in the western world.

If the Government assists and both couple are working they will be very comfortable.

If the Government assists and both couple are working they will be very comfortable.
Re: Unemployed Man Welcomes Quintuplets In Abuja (Photos) by arma: 2:13pm On Apr 20, 2017
HATERS WILL BE LIKE:U CALL PERSON FOR HELP WHEN U WERE DOING KUKERE FOR NIGHT?

1 Like

Re: Unemployed Man Welcomes Quintuplets In Abuja (Photos) by mmsen: 2:15pm On Apr 20, 2017
Rett0:

Very few people who depend on government aid are ever 'comfortable', least of all a family with five children of the same age.

Most western governments have been working to cut back on spending by way of austerity which has meant that the amount given to families has been cut and the barrier for entry to such programs has been raised. That is why food banks have become so much more common and essential in many western cities.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unemployed Man Welcomes Quintuplets In Abuja (Photos) by remedick: 2:16pm On Apr 20, 2017
MrRichy:
chai.... see blessing shocked shocked shocked

Where is Churchill and his crew ?
they don't attend to cases like this because the babies and parents are not celebrities

1 Like

Re: Unemployed Man Welcomes Quintuplets In Abuja (Photos) by Ojimba1(m): 2:16pm On Apr 20, 2017
Be fruitful and *multiply*

1 Like

Re: Unemployed Man Welcomes Quintuplets In Abuja (Photos) by MizMyColi(f): 2:17pm On Apr 20, 2017
mmsen:

Some of the drugs used have been around for a while, it's not that costly but they are open to abuse. I'm pretty sure that's what this couple were doing.

Or rather, I'm pretty sure that because of the pressure that many Nigerian women feel to have children, the wife was taking fertility medication.

You're making sense.
Well, I wish them well.
Re: Unemployed Man Welcomes Quintuplets In Abuja (Photos) by Rett0: 2:19pm On Apr 20, 2017
mmsen:

Very few people who depend on government aid are ever 'comfortable', least of all a family with five children of the same age.

Most western governments have been working to cut back on spending by way of austerity which has meant that the amount given to families has been cut and the barrier for entry to such programs has been raised. That is why food banks have become so much more common and essential in many western cities.

Not true. Get your facts.
Doesn't apply to responsible persons with degrees.
I'm 100% sure when I'm talking about multiple assistance. Especially a special case like this.
Re: Unemployed Man Welcomes Quintuplets In Abuja (Photos) by alezzy13: 2:22pm On Apr 20, 2017

1 Like

Re: Unemployed Man Welcomes Quintuplets In Abuja (Photos) by mmsen: 2:25pm On Apr 20, 2017
Rett0:

Not true. Get your facts.
Doesn't apply to responsible persons with degrees.
I'm 100% sure when I'm talking about multiple assistance. Especially a special case like this.

You said responsible but this is not responsible. Misusing fertility treatment is not a sign of responsible behavior.

And a degree is not a sign of being responsible - there are lots of single mothers in the western world who either have degrees or are getting degrees. All this despite the fact that children raised in single mother households are invariably at a social-economic disadvantage.

What is it that you're sure on?
Re: Unemployed Man Welcomes Quintuplets In Abuja (Photos) by alezzy13: 2:29pm On Apr 20, 2017
MizMyColi:

No its not - at least not all of them. The popular clomid is less than 5k for the kit, and multiple births is a known side effect.

http://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2013/12/04/248795369/fertility-drugs-not-ivf-are-top-cause-of-multiple-births

1 Like

Re: Unemployed Man Welcomes Quintuplets In Abuja (Photos) by Rett0: 2:30pm On Apr 20, 2017
mmsen:

All assumptions....
Lots of our parents had multiples without any fertility enhancement...
Let's learn to reason like learned people....
There's nothing strange here...
Fertility drugs are pricey and I doubt they can afford it.

1 Like

Re: Unemployed Man Welcomes Quintuplets In Abuja (Photos) by Rett0: 2:32pm On Apr 20, 2017
mmsen:

You said responsible but this is not responsible. Misusing fertility treatment is not a sign of responsible behavior.

And a degree is not a sign of being responsible - there are lots of single mothers in the western world who either have degrees or are getting degrees. All this despite the fact that children raised in single mother households are invariably at a social-economic disadvantage.

What is it that you're sure on?

You trying to sound intelligent but I have yet to be convinced....
You made an assumption and drew a conclusion at same stance. Funny

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. / Seven Surprising Mistakes In Marriages. / Check Out These Stunning Muslim Sisters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.