Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,590 members, 7,827,217 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:01 AM

Unemployed Man Welcomes Quintuplets In Abuja (Photos) - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Unemployed Man Welcomes Quintuplets In Abuja (Photos) (33206 Views)

Unemployed Man Wins $273m Lotto Months After Divorce In US, Ex-Wife Reacts / Man Welcomes First Child At 87 (Photos) / Nigerian Man Welcomes His First Child After 9 Years Of Marriage. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unemployed Man Welcomes Quintuplets In Abuja (Photos) by Rikze: 2:33pm On Apr 20, 2017
SalamRushdie:
He married when he was unemployed? Well I consider this a big blessing and God who assured multiple conception and delivery safely will see him and the family through

No be small thing... Unemployed, but see how fresh he and his wife look... Fresher than those with regular job and pay. He is seeking attention anyway
Re: Unemployed Man Welcomes Quintuplets In Abuja (Photos) by mmsen: 2:34pm On Apr 20, 2017
Rett0:

All assumptions....
Lots of our parents had multiples without any fertility enhancement...
Let's learn to reason like learned people....
There's nothing strange here...
Fertility drugs are pricey and I doubt they can afford it.

Twins, not quintuplets and quadruplets. This is a completely unnatural chain of events.

You don't find it odd how it happens in a society that places such an emphasis on new life whilst not taking care of those already in existence? Why is this not more common in societies with better regulated healthcare industries?

Fertility drugs are not pricey, clomiphene is less than $40. There are probably others that are even cheaper.
Re: Unemployed Man Welcomes Quintuplets In Abuja (Photos) by MizMyColi(f): 2:34pm On Apr 20, 2017
alezzy13:

No its not - at least not all of them. The popular clomid is less than 5k for the kit, and multiple births is a known side effect.

http://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2013/12/04/248795369/fertility-drugs-not-ivf-are-top-cause-of-multiple-births

oops

pardon the ignorance tongue
Re: Unemployed Man Welcomes Quintuplets In Abuja (Photos) by Rett0: 2:36pm On Apr 20, 2017
alezzy13:

No its not - at least not all of them. The popular clomid is less than 5k for the kit, and multiple births is a known side effect.

http://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2013/12/04/248795369/fertility-drugs-not-ivf-are-top-cause-of-multiple-births

Still assuming they were trying to treat infertility...
Even at that, is it a crime to treat infertility?
Re: Unemployed Man Welcomes Quintuplets In Abuja (Photos) by jericco1(m): 2:37pm On Apr 20, 2017
Between her legs, five star restaurant.
Re: Unemployed Man Welcomes Quintuplets In Abuja (Photos) by Nancy2016: 2:38pm On Apr 20, 2017
Rett0:

http://www.multiplebirthscanada.org
https://www.humanservices.gov.au/customer/enablers/payment-rates-newborn-upfront-payment-and-newborn-supplement
https://www.humanservices.gov.au/customer/enablers/payment-rates-family-tax-benefit-part
Multiple Birth Allowance

You get $152.88 a fortnight for triplets or $203.56 a fortnight for quadruplets if you get FTB Part A. You don't need to submit a separate claim.

https://www.gov.uk/sure-start-maternity-grant/what-youll-get

I hope you do realize that those benefits don't amount to a lot of money. Trust me that money doesn't go far. When you convert it to naira it seems a lot but that's peanuts when you look at the cost of childcare in the West. This is the reason why it is mostly the less-educated who breed like rabbits.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Unemployed Man Welcomes Quintuplets In Abuja (Photos) by Rett0: 2:44pm On Apr 20, 2017
mmsen:

Twins, not quintuplets and quadruplets. This is a completely unnatural chain of events.

You don't find it odd how it happens in a society that places such an emphasis on new life whilst not taking care of those already in existence? Why is this not more common in societies with better regulated healthcare industries?

Fertility drugs are not that pricey, clomiphene is less than $40. There are probably others that are even cheaper.

Still an assumption that they used it.

Unnatural Google is your friend.
The most common form of multiples are twins. Statistically 90% of all multiple births are made up of twins and the remaining 10% being shared between triplets, quadruplets and more.https://m.huggies.com.au/childbirth/multiple-births/quadruplets
Re: Unemployed Man Welcomes Quintuplets In Abuja (Photos) by Rett0: 2:46pm On Apr 20, 2017
Nancy2016:

I hope you do realize that those benefits don't amount to a lot of money. Trust me that money doesn't go far. When you convert it to naira it seems a lot but that's peanuts when you look at the cost of childcare in the West. This is the reason why it is mostly the less-educated who breed like rabbits.

The point is they are provided with free schools, healthcare and welfare.
Re: Unemployed Man Welcomes Quintuplets In Abuja (Photos) by harmonydoris(f): 2:51pm On Apr 20, 2017
[quote author=mmsen post=557433 shocked

Which government takes care of multiples? What are their demographics - do they have large expanding populations like Nigeria or shrinking populations like Japan, Romania or Russia?

Why would the Nigerian FG or state governments look to encourage rapid population growth when the people are doing so already without any idea on how to care for their children?

I do not have 5 children nor would I have 5 children because it is irresponsible. [/quote] shocked
Re: Unemployed Man Welcomes Quintuplets In Abuja (Photos) by alezzy13: 2:53pm On Apr 20, 2017
Rett0:

Still assuming they were trying to treat infertility...
Even at that, is it a crime to treat infertility?

Of course its not a crime to treat fertility. However, I can say with 95% certainty that they were on fertility treatment. This is my field so I know what I am talking about. the chances of quintuplets through natural causes is less than 1 in 55,000,000 births

That said, you'll observe from my earlier post that I have nothing against this couple in this instance. If I had my way, I would give my own little contribution to support the family. My grouse is mainly with those useless irresponsible folks who keep churning out unneeded babies like insane rabbits and then wait for govt to come to their aid.

3 Likes

Re: Unemployed Man Welcomes Quintuplets In Abuja (Photos) by Rett0: 3:00pm On Apr 20, 2017
alezzy13:

Of course its not a crime to treat fertility. However, I can say with 95% certainty that they were on fertility treatment. This is my field so I know what I am talking about. the chances of quintuplets through natural causes is less than 1 in 55,000,000 births

That said, you'll observe from my earlier post that I have nothing against this couple in this instance. If I had my way, I would give my own little contribution to support the family. My grouse is mainly with those useless irresponsible folks who keep churning out unneeded babies like insane rabbits and then wait for govt to come to their aid.

My field too. It doesn't happen everyday but anyone could be that 1% odd.

I get your point. His case is different from jobless fellows that keep producing kids.
Re: Unemployed Man Welcomes Quintuplets In Abuja (Photos) by rossy8: 3:04pm On Apr 20, 2017
lepaciousfunmi:
Oooooh my!

Glory be to Almighty God

Still looking for the fruit of the womb
May God answer me too

cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry smiley sad sad angry

Amen surely he will.

2 Likes

Re: Unemployed Man Welcomes Quintuplets In Abuja (Photos) by Nobody: 3:06pm On Apr 20, 2017
genearts:

the wife will be like
"5 shots couldnt drop me, i took it and smiled" *in 2pac's voice*

Negro...you made me burst out in laughter in the office grin

Hit em up, 2pac!

1 Like

Re: Unemployed Man Welcomes Quintuplets In Abuja (Photos) by mmsen: 3:13pm On Apr 20, 2017
Rett0:

The point is they are provided with free schools, healthcare and welfare.

But food is not free.

Clothing is not free.

Nappies are not free.

Transport is not free.

Their homes have to be heated in most of the western world - that is not free.

They may or may not be eligible for subsidized housing, if both parents are in the home (and are physically able) they won't be eligible for free housing.

The money that they get from the example that you gave is peanuts considering the real costs of living and raising a family. According to the link that you provided new parents in the UK receive a one off payment of £1000. That money will evaporate within a couple of weeks if you have one newborn, not to speak of five.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Unemployed Man Welcomes Quintuplets In Abuja (Photos) by Nobody: 3:16pm On Apr 20, 2017
n
Re: Unemployed Man Welcomes Quintuplets In Abuja (Photos) by mmsen: 3:16pm On Apr 20, 2017
Rett0:

Still an assumption that they used it.

Unnatural Google is your friend.
The most common form of multiples are twins. Statistically 90% of all multiple births are made up of twins and the remaining 10% being shared between triplets, quadruplets and more.https://m.huggies.com.au/childbirth/multiple-births/quadruplets

It's a guess based upon logic, reason and awareness - qualities lacking from this couple's behavior.

Anyway, here's an article to soothe your mind - http://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2013/12/04/248795369/fertility-drugs-not-ivf-are-top-cause-of-multiple-births

1 Like

Re: Unemployed Man Welcomes Quintuplets In Abuja (Photos) by mapet: 3:22pm On Apr 20, 2017
Icon4s:

When he was knacking the Akpako did he solicit the support of the Government, well-meaning Nigerians and philanthropists?

Carry your crosses o. Buhari already has too many things to worry about

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Unemployed Man Welcomes Quintuplets In Abuja (Photos) by labi1977(m): 3:29pm On Apr 20, 2017
Ha, I know kemi wen I served at NPC tank God I no toast, remain small sha. Make I chat am. FYI her dad na hod.
Re: Unemployed Man Welcomes Quintuplets In Abuja (Photos) by ddjay: 3:36pm On Apr 20, 2017
i call it step of faith,because you don't have a job but you got married or u don't have a stable job but u still had so much faith and got married.well done sir
Re: Unemployed Man Welcomes Quintuplets In Abuja (Photos) by missyadorable(f): 3:56pm On Apr 20, 2017
5 girls
they will definitely want more kid(s)
Male child syndrome
Re: Unemployed Man Welcomes Quintuplets In Abuja (Photos) by Nancy2016: 4:18pm On Apr 20, 2017
mmsen:

But food is not free.

Clothing is not free.

Nappies are not free.

Transport is not free.

Their homes have to be heated in most of the western world - that is not free.

They may or may not be eligible for subsidized housing, if both parents are in the home (and are physically able) they won't be eligible for free housing.

The money that they get from the example that you gave is peanuts considering the real costs of living and raising a family. According to the link that you provided new parents in the UK receive a one off payment of £1000. That money will evaporate within a couple of weeks if you have one newborn, not to speak of five.

Thanks for responding to him. You just said everything I was going to say and even more. They see all these numbers and think it is a lot of money. They don't ask themselves that why is it that with all this "free money" there are fewer births in the West. We need to stop promoting such irresponsibility. I know of people who have kids they cannot afford and then expect others to take care of their children. It really irritates me. Yes children are a blessing but is it fair on them to bring them into the world when you cannot give them a good quality of life?

1 Like

Re: Unemployed Man Welcomes Quintuplets In Abuja (Photos) by Nobody: 5:02pm On Apr 20, 2017
Chai! ..and barca needed this kinda striker against juve.
Re: Unemployed Man Welcomes Quintuplets In Abuja (Photos) by genearts(m): 5:34pm On Apr 20, 2017
JesusChrist666:
Negro...you made me burst out in laughter in the office grin
Hit em up, 2pac!
lol... you know your hip hop
Re: Unemployed Man Welcomes Quintuplets In Abuja (Photos) by Galantsantana(m): 5:57pm On Apr 20, 2017
Great..... Only pray to hav triplet....
Re: Unemployed Man Welcomes Quintuplets In Abuja (Photos) by Pamelayoung: 6:10pm On Apr 20, 2017
mmsen:

It's not about the size of the population it is about quality. Until Nigerians stop shouting about size or number and realize that it is quality that matters then the problems that plague Nigeria will persist.

These people did not have 5 children by accident. I'm pretty sure that they were (mis)using some form of fertility medication and that is why they had so many in one swoop.

Very correct not until recently someone was telling me how clomid works, that it makes the woman to produce multiple eggs at onces and there are chances that those eggs all get fertilise. The problem with Nigerians is that we fail to plan always looking forward for a miracle to happen.

2 Likes

Re: Unemployed Man Welcomes Quintuplets In Abuja (Photos) by gnykelly(m): 6:56pm On Apr 20, 2017
Hemanwel:
[b] This news reminds me of my boss' former driver..
The day his wife gave birth to a set of triplets, the thing do am voom for eyes. lol. When it was time for labour, he took his wife to two or three different hospitals and she was being rejected cos he had no initial deposit they were demanding. An Axillary Nurse eventually took them to her cottage hospital where she put to bed.
During labour, the first baby came out; after a while, the second came. So, the nurse was already congratulating the man that his wife had had a set of twins and that, he should go get baby wares in pairs cos his wife gave birth to twins. While driving down to the market to get those items, his phone rang and when he picked it, the nurse informed him that his wife had given birth to yet another baby. This man suddenly matched the Break pedal and placed his head on the power-steering right in the middle of the road. He didn't know whether to be joyous or to start crying cos he knew he didn't have the wherewithal to train the triplets....The last time I heard from them, heard they have started school.[/b]

God never fails
Re: Unemployed Man Welcomes Quintuplets In Abuja (Photos) by hollowway44: 7:17pm On Apr 20, 2017
lepaciousfunmi:
Oooooh my!

Glory be to Almighty God

Still looking for the fruit of the womb
May God answer me too

cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry smiley sad sad angry
Amen dear

1 Like

Re: Unemployed Man Welcomes Quintuplets In Abuja (Photos) by Amhappy(f): 7:17pm On Apr 20, 2017
mmsen:

Some of the drugs used have been around for a while, it's not that costly but they are open to abuse. I'm pretty sure that's what this couple were doing.

Or rather, I'm pretty sure that because of the pressure that many Nigerian women feel to have children, the wife was taking fertility medication.

Whether the husband knew is another question.

Less than a year in marriage,fertility treatment is very very very unlikely.
Re: Unemployed Man Welcomes Quintuplets In Abuja (Photos) by mmsen: 7:49pm On Apr 20, 2017
gnykelly:

God never fails

If god never fails why is this man jobless, why are they living in a one bedroom apartment and why are they begging for alms?
Re: Unemployed Man Welcomes Quintuplets In Abuja (Photos) by gnykelly(m): 7:51pm On Apr 20, 2017
mmsen:

If god never fails why is this man jobless, why are they living in a one bedroom apartment and why are they begging for alms?

I said God not god let start from there.
Re: Unemployed Man Welcomes Quintuplets In Abuja (Photos) by mmsen: 7:57pm On Apr 20, 2017
gnykelly:

I said God not god let start from there.

Why are you ducking the question?
Re: Unemployed Man Welcomes Quintuplets In Abuja (Photos) by Litwits(m): 8:02pm On Apr 20, 2017
Congrats to the couple.

What got me thinking is the fact that the wife is a civil servant with the National Population Commission.

On top of that, quintuplets. Now that's a massive addition to the population.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lady Who Secretly Welcomed Baby With Ex Dumps Husband After Sponsoring Her UK / Nigerian Lady Buys Her Husband A Benz To Mark Their 7th Wedding Anniversary. / Man's Mother Gets ₦5000 From His Sister's ₦300,000 Bride Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.