Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,992 members, 7,814,390 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:09 PM

We’re Better Off Together As One Nation — Osinbajo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We’re Better Off Together As One Nation — Osinbajo (604 Views)

We’re Going To Supreme Court – Atiku’s Lawyer Says In Reaction To Tribunal Rulin / If You Really Want To Know The Truth About Why Nigeria Remained One Nation- Ffk / Yoruba Better Off During Regional Govt Says Western Governors. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We’re Better Off Together As One Nation — Osinbajo by yashau(m): 9:27am On Apr 20, 2017
By Levinus Nwabughiogu
ABUJA —Vice President Yemi Osinbajo has said that Nigeria was better off staying together as one, united and indivisible nation than disintegrating into small units.
Yemi Osinbajo
Osinbajo, who made the observation while playing host to Arewa Consultative Forum, ACF, in his office at the Presidential Villa, Abuja Tuesday, said those yearning for secession were ignorant of the implication of their struggle.
The vice president appealed to well-meaning Nigerians to ignore those who saw no good in the unity of the country.
He said: “A lot of those who say we are better divided as a nation, don’t understand that the greatness of this country lies first in its diversity and then its size.
“It is better to be a part of a great thing than to be one tiny part of something that is not necessarily great.
“So, I think that we must not allow those who advance personal causes to defeat the very strong objectives of bringing this country together as a nation and forging ahead.’’
He told the delegation that President Muhammadu Buhari was one leader who possessed the willingness and passion to ensure the country remained united.
He added that the President had shown that the country had men who were determined to remain honest, straight forward and able to speak their minds without deceit.
Osinbajo, who was presented with publications of ACF by the Deputy Chairman and leader of the delegation, Alhaji Musa Liman Kwande, also expressed support for the proposed security summit being organized by the Forum.
He also underscored the importance of the security summit at this time in the nation’s history, noting that the security of the nation was a very important one.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/04/better-off-together-one-nation-osinbajo/

Re: We’re Better Off Together As One Nation — Osinbajo by MrRichy(m): 9:29am On Apr 20, 2017
issorait..

some people would not like this
Re: We’re Better Off Together As One Nation — Osinbajo by Aufbauh(m): 9:31am On Apr 20, 2017
Those that are not happy to be Nigerians should as well Join their contemporaries in sambisa forest.
Re: We’re Better Off Together As One Nation — Osinbajo by Zebrudaya666: 9:31am On Apr 20, 2017
MrRichy:
issorait..

of course we do not like it because this country only favors the elites, looters and politicians against majority of the masses that's why they're afraid of restructuring
Re: We’re Better Off Together As One Nation — Osinbajo by yashau(m): 9:33am On Apr 20, 2017
tongue cool
Re: We’re Better Off Together As One Nation — Osinbajo by olaric(m): 9:38am On Apr 20, 2017
Sir, with due respect to your office and person, I disagree. We are better off separated. You are saying this as a politician because deep in your heart, you know peace is a scarce commodity in a nation where you have people who kill in the name of religion. Amos 3:3 says: "Can two work together unless they agree?"

3 Likes

Re: We’re Better Off Together As One Nation — Osinbajo by Earth2Metahuman: 9:39am On Apr 20, 2017
I disagree
Nigeria must divide insha jesus
Re: We’re Better Off Together As One Nation — Osinbajo by eyeview: 9:42am On Apr 20, 2017
I just wonder if the north would be happy and better off as one nation if the south east and south south are controlling all the past political posts held by the north west and north east since, if all the govt parastatals, ministries and boards(eg,visit Cbn, DPR, nnpc, nimasa) filled with northerners are replaced by same number of southerners. Won't they all join Boko Haram to demand for an Islamic country of theirs.
Just look at the mere 6years Jonathan spent in power and for the first time distributed power and resources equitably, they all nearly joined and funded bokoharam.
.....just thinking aloud.

1 Like

Re: We’re Better Off Together As One Nation — Osinbajo by DocHMD: 9:48am On Apr 20, 2017
nigerian yorubas and their fear of Oduduwa republic. Tufiakwa!

Why these people refuse to unite with their kith and kins in Benin republic and Togo in the spirit of oduduwa is beyond me. Yet they theorize that they are 'sophisticated' grin

1 Like

Re: We’re Better Off Together As One Nation — Osinbajo by DocHMD: 9:51am On Apr 20, 2017
eyeview:
I just wonder if the north would be happy and better off as one nation if the south east and south south are controlling all the past political posts held by the north west and north east since, if all the govt parastatals, ministries and boards(eg,visit Cbn, DPR, nnpc, nimasa) filled with northerners are replaced by same number of southerners. Won't they all join Boko Haram to demand for an Islamic country of theirs.
Just look at the mere 6years Jonathan spent in power and for the first time distributed power and resources equitably, they all nearly joined and funded bokoharam.
.....just thinking aloud.

The ewedugerian amala gobblers are too demented to see your point. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: We’re Better Off Together As One Nation — Osinbajo by kernel501: 9:54am On Apr 20, 2017
MrRichy:
issorait..

Is it by force to partner with anybody, why forcing yourself on others?
Re: We’re Better Off Together As One Nation — Osinbajo by Jetleeee: 9:54am On Apr 20, 2017
....hmmmm

2 Likes

Re: We’re Better Off Together As One Nation — Osinbajo by VirginFinder: 9:56am On Apr 20, 2017
DocHMD:

The ewedugerian amala gobblers are too demented to see your point. cheesy
Olodo!
Yorubas prefer restructuring to total break up for obvious reasons.

1 Like

Re: We’re Better Off Together As One Nation — Osinbajo by DocHMD: 9:59am On Apr 20, 2017
VirginFinder:

Olodo!

Yorubas prefer restructuring to total break up for obvious reasons.

What is that 'obvious reason' that will make you avoid the possibility of sharing the same passport with your fellow ewedu brethren in Benin republic in the spirit of oduduwa? grin

1 Like

Re: We’re Better Off Together As One Nation — Osinbajo by Splendid235: 9:59am On Apr 20, 2017
The vice president spoke his mind.i am not against him or for him.my take is to ask the people their own mind too.you can not force your will down my throat.i should have my own say in issues concerning me-that is democracy.having said that,it has become necessary to ask the people what they want through a referendum and not mindless bloodletting . Nigeria is going ooo.

2 Likes

Re: We’re Better Off Together As One Nation — Osinbajo by Karlman: 10:00am On Apr 20, 2017
HE IS A YORUBA MAN

1 Like

Re: We’re Better Off Together As One Nation — Osinbajo by DozieInc(m): 10:03am On Apr 20, 2017
Of what use is it's diversity and size, when the system of government is wrong?

#TrueFederalism

2 Likes

Re: We’re Better Off Together As One Nation — Osinbajo by successmatters(m): 10:04am On Apr 20, 2017
My able vice President, please listen to Nnamdi Kanu, he has some valid points he is making , if we must be together as one nation, listen to all views, no matter how dissenting it sounds.

1 Like

Re: We’re Better Off Together As One Nation — Osinbajo by ExpiredNigeria: 10:06am On Apr 20, 2017
Nkogheri
Re: We’re Better Off Together As One Nation — Osinbajo by kingzizzy: 10:15am On Apr 20, 2017
Biafra is not negotiable!
Re: We’re Better Off Together As One Nation — Osinbajo by MXrep: 10:17am On Apr 20, 2017
Osumbade, please listen to what Awo said

Re: We’re Better Off Together As One Nation — Osinbajo by Kingspin(m): 10:23am On Apr 20, 2017
Story from 1960. After 4years you Will say same.
Re: We’re Better Off Together As One Nation — Osinbajo by ZZ22: 10:27am On Apr 20, 2017
None of them can come out with reasonable point why Nigeria should remain one, all you hear is Lugard saw the potential in us, their fore fathers fought so hard to keep Nigeria as one and now a whole VP has come out with his own being diversity and size. Stupid reasons

(1) (Reply)

How Jesus Would Have Reacted To Falana's View On Death Sentence / Lamido Call For National Unity! / Andy Uba Is Silent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.