Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,447 members, 7,819,656 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:00 PM

Your Winners And Losers Of 2009 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Your Winners And Losers Of 2009 (1176 Views)

Akpabio Advises Losers Of 2015 Polls Against Wasting Their Money On Tribunals / The Biggest Losers Of 2015 Presidential Election / Winners And Losers Of The Subsidy Probe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Winners And Losers Of 2009 by tundewoods(m): 6:44pm On Jan 03, 2010
Winners of 2009

1. Turai Yardua ( For her efforts regards, holding on to power for husband despite his long absence. )

2. Adams Oshimole , Segun Mimiko ( Against all odds won their stole mandates back )

3. Amodu Shuaib ( God knows how he did it, But he still got to retain his job as coach)

4. Babatunde Fashola ( His performance is still on point)

5. Niger Delta Militants ( They managed to get away with so much and still got paid for as well )

6. Super Eagles ( Against all odds managed to qualify for the World Cup)

7. Alhaji Umar Abdulmutallab Snr. ( Exposing the CIA's short coming)

Losers of 2009

1. James Ibori ( Despite the fact that he won we all know the truth therefore he's still a loser )

2. Sacked Bank Chiefs with particular reference to Akingbola & Ibru ( They lost their credibility big time )

3. Nigerian Police Force ( Received am all time Low from Amnesty International )

4. Umar Yardua ( Lost credibility with Nigerians all over )

5. Umar Muttalab ( Lost credibility with Al Qaeda )

6. Segun Agagu, Prof Osunbor ( For giving back their states to the rightful owners )

7. Sanusi Lamido ( For raising the "Mass Sacking Monster" in the banking sector )

Lets know your own winners and losers of 2009
Re: Your Winners And Losers Of 2009 by Akebulan: 6:49pm On Jan 03, 2010
tundewoods:

Winners of 2009

5. Umar Muttalab ( Lost credibility with Al Qeada )

lmao
Re: Your Winners And Losers Of 2009 by kokoA(m): 7:05pm On Jan 03, 2010
Losers:

1. Micheal Andooka (The dullest artoney general so far)

2. Dora Akunyili (Lost her inegrity)

3. Sacked Bank MDs (I don't have any Nigerian as my role model again, thanks to them)

4. Bode George (A sacred cow turned cursed cow)

5. Federal government of Nigeria (Failed to keep to their promise of 600Mgwatts)

Winners:

1. Charles Soludo (Against all odds)

2. Festus Keyamo and Federal high court (For putting Bode George where he rightly belongs)

3. Niger delta militants (At last they got away)

4. ASUU (Finally, an agreement is signed)

5. Nuhu Ribadu and Nasir El'Rufai (Still free men)
Re: Your Winners And Losers Of 2009 by tundewoods(m): 7:19pm On Jan 03, 2010
kokoA:

Losers:

1. Micheal Andooka (The dullest attorney general so far)

2. Dora Akunyili (Lost her integrity)

3. Sacked Bank MDs (I don't have any Nigerian as my role model again, thanks to them)

4. Bode George (A sacred cow turned cursed cow)

5. Federal government of Nigeria (Failed to keep to their promise of 600Mgwatts)

Winners:

1. Charles Soludo (Against all odds)

2. Festus Keyamo and Federal high court (For putting Bode George where he rightly belongs)

3. Niger delta militants (At last they got away)

4. ASUU (Finally, an agreement is signed)

5. Nuhu Ribadu and Nasir El'Rufai (Still free men)

@ kokoA

God bless your kind heart for reminding me of the highlighted unforgettables. wink
Re: Your Winners And Losers Of 2009 by kokoA(m): 8:28pm On Jan 03, 2010
I forgot to add Lmido Sanusi to my list of Winners. That guy sure brought out the "Crooks-Executives" of some banks. He is a real winner!
Re: Your Winners And Losers Of 2009 by SapeleGuy: 8:40pm On Jan 03, 2010
Winner: Honourable Wale Alausa for his devotion to pubic public service, na.ked ambition and politicical allegiance in Ogun state. His bravery exposed some shocking practices to the nation.

Losers: Rilwan Babalola, Minister of Power for insisting on December 8th that 6000MW was still achievable by December 31st 2009. A catastrophic failure.

Losers: Sanusi CBN Governor, for opening his mouth to exchange feet and snatching defeat from the jaws of the financial victory. An unmitigated disaster for our economy.
Re: Your Winners And Losers Of 2009 by kokoA(m): 8:43pm On Jan 03, 2010
SapeleGuy:

Winner: Honourable Wale Alausa for his devotion to pubic public service, na.ked ambition and politicical allegiance in Ogun state. His bravery exposed some shocking practices to the nation.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Your Winners And Losers Of 2009 by Knight1(m): 9:17pm On Jan 03, 2010
Major Winner
Unilorin 49, eight yrs of delayed justice
Major loser
Nigeria for reasons which are far to numerous to mention
Re: Your Winners And Losers Of 2009 by Choco5: 10:15pm On Jan 03, 2010
Biggest Winner:
Me.

Biggest Loser:
You.
Re: Your Winners And Losers Of 2009 by Beaf: 1:15am On Jan 04, 2010
Oga Kosovo, please can you check this topic? https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-374289.0.html
I believe it is a much better candidate for pinning to the top of the list than this one.
Re: Your Winners And Losers Of 2009 by puskin: 3:47am On Jan 04, 2010
tundewoods:

Winners of 2009

1. Turai Yardua ( For her efforts regards, holding on to power for husband despite his long absence. )

2. Adams Oshimole , Segun Mimiko ( Against all odds won their stole mandates back )

3. Amodu Shuaib ( God knows how he did it, But he still got to retain his job as coach)

4. Babatunde Fashola ( His performance is still on point)

5. Niger Delta Militants ( They managed to get away with so much and still got paid for as well )

6. Super Eagles ( Against all odds managed to qualify for the World Cup)

7. Alhaji Umar Abdulmutallab Snr. ( Exposing the CIA's short coming)

Losers of 2009

1. James Ibori ( Despite the fact that he won we all know the truth therefore he's still a loser )

2. Sacked Bank Chiefs with particular reference to Akingbola & Ibru ( They lost their credibility big time )

3. Nigerian Police Force ( Received am all time Low from Amnesty International )

4. Umar Yardua ( Lost credibility with Nigerians all over )

5. Umar Muttalab ( Lost credibility with Al Qaeda )

6. Segun Agagu, Prof Osunbor ( For giving back their states to the rightful owners )

7. Sanusi Lamido ( For raising the "Mass Sacking Monster" in the banking sector )

Lets know your own winners and losers of 2009

Winners
Turai: Nothing to say, doomsday approaches her
Adams oshiomole: Deserves his mandate, not too sure about Mimiko
Amodu Shuaibu: Sheer luck
Fashola: Still on point and committed to the Eko ni baaje cause.
ND militants: Why the hell did they stop blowing things up.
Super Eagles: Rather Super Chickens if U ask me.
Umar Abdulmutallab Snr: Good man.
Re: Your Winners And Losers Of 2009 by texazzpete(m): 6:41am On Jan 04, 2010
puskin:

Adams oshiomole: Deserves his mandate, not too sure about Mimiko

If the people voted for him and he won fair and square, he deserves his mandate. Simple as that.

All those castigating Sanusi are full of crap!
Re: Your Winners And Losers Of 2009 by AjanleKoko: 8:11am On Jan 04, 2010
My list of Winners:

1. Private & Foreign Universities: They must undoubtedly be enjoying unprecendented patronage, what with the long strike by ASUU.
2. Government officials: Still looted shamelessly and nobody was caught.
3. Super Eagles: Sneaked into the World Cup despite being written off by everyone, including Nigerians, and themselves.
4. Umaru Yar'Adua: Still hanging on to power, even in an 'undead' state. His peeps surely have his back!
5. Niger Delta Terrorists: They are the true winners. For the first time in the history of Nigeria, a government is actually trying to dialogue with somebody!

My list of Losers:
1. Bank staff: Thrown out unceremoniously after their banks showed a rot in the underbelly.
2. Nigerians: Life got a whole lot more miserable, with fuel adding to the woes towards the tale end, guaranteeing a crappy Xmas for most.
3. Ribadu and El-Rufai: All the tough guy hero stance could not really help much, as the foreign police are now supposedly looking for them.
4. All businesses that need power: Not only did nothing happen, you will probably get to spend more in 2010 on petrol, diesel, and the rest.
5. The Economy: Now there is no hiding place. Our meltdown has only just begun.
Re: Your Winners And Losers Of 2009 by Knight1(m): 8:37am On Jan 04, 2010
I've decided to expatiate a little
Winners
1. Unilorin 49, as i said earlier
2. Gani Fawehinmi- even in death shows that a good name is far better than Turai's billions
3. Babatunde Fashola- accolades just continue to pour in
4. Goodluck Jonathan- the last few weeks have shown that he z a man of character

Losers
1. Nigeria- Two bombing attempts in two weeks ( superscreen and mutallab), Ekiti election, Power generation failure, Fuel scarcity, Yar'adua going AWOL, AGF's CONSISTENT folly, twas a mega bad year for Nigeria
2. Dora Akunyili- in my opinion, whatever reputation she got for her work @ NAFDAC has , gone with the wind
3. Fayemi- has to go to court again for his mandate
4. Judicature/Judiciary- they should have been on the list of winners save a mortal blow dealt by the infamous mercel awokhulehin and the contoversial swearing-in of the CJN( they just wanted to save the prez face)
5. AGF- he may not look like it, but he has dug a beatiful and deep grave for himself, all he has got to do this year is fall into it.

I shall return with moregrin
Re: Your Winners And Losers Of 2009 by tundewoods(m): 9:32am On Jan 04, 2010
Knight1:

I've decided to expatiate a little
Winners
1. Unilorin 49, as i said earlier
2. Gani Fawehinmi- even in death shows that a good name is far better than Turai's billions
3. Babatunde Fashola- accolades just continue to pour in
4. Goodluck Jonathan- the last few weeks have shown that he z a man of character

Losers
1. Nigeria- Two bombing attempts in two weeks ( superscreen and mutallab), Ekiti election, Power generation failure, Fuel scarcity, Yar'adua going AWOL, AGF's CONSISTENT folly, twas a mega bad year for Nigeria grin
2. Dora Akunyili- in my opinion, whatever reputation she got for her work @ NAFDAC has , gone with the wind
3. Fayemi- has to go to court again for his mandate grin
4. Judicature/Judiciary- they should have been on the list of winners save a mortal blow dealt by the infamous mercel awokhulehin and the contoversial swearing-in of the CJN( they just wanted to save the prez face) grin grin
5. AGF- he may not look like it, but he has dug a beatiful and deep grave for himself, all he has got to do this year is fall into it. grin grin grin
I shall return with moregrin

Bros this your list of losers has got me rolling on the floor with Laughter . LOL ! How could i have forgotten , grin
Re: Your Winners And Losers Of 2009 by Jarus(m): 10:16am On Jan 04, 2010
WINNERS:
AMODU SHUAIBU: Despite the criticisms, still qualified Nigeria for WC
OSAZE ODEMWINGIE: Passion and commitment for Nigerian football
PETERSIDE IDAH:When all hopes appeared lost for Super Eagles, and it became embarrassing to defend Nigerian football oustide our shores, stood firmly behind Nigeria on Supersports, amid jests from Ivorian Momodu Ganye and South African Thomas Mlambo. Even I was feeling ashame and pitying him behind screen. Peterside boasted that Nigeria will qualify. He had the last laugh.
LAMIDO SANUSI: Zeal and passion to sanitize Nigeria's rotten banking system
MIKE ADENUGA: Continued with his many firsts in 2009.
JUSTICE OYEWOLE: Delivered the landmark judgment that sent Bode george to jail
BABATUNDE RAJI FASHOLA: Infrastructural development of Lagos
THE NEXT NEWSPAPER: Broke into Nigeria's print media industry unannounced, and within a short time, make a mark.

LOSERS:
ERASTUS AKINGBOLA: Needless to rehash his undoings
CECILIA IBRU: Afefe fe, ari furo adie(Fowl's yansh exposed)
FRANCIS ATUCHE: Disappoints his admirers, including me, with revelations about his many atrocities
DELE MOMODU: His junk journalism exposed
FAROUK ABDULMUTALLAB: Brought Nigeria's name into global limelight for the wrongest of reasons
MIKE AONDOAKAA: Continues to embarrass Nigeria
BODE GEORGE: Oju ole ree
TURAI YAR'ADUA: Shows what power-hunger can do

IN-BETWEEN:
BECOMMRICH: I'm still wondering what is wrong with the guy.
Re: Your Winners And Losers Of 2009 by tundewoods(m): 11:22am On Jan 04, 2010
Jarus:

IN-BETWEEN:
BECOMMRICH: I'm still wondering what is wrong with the guy.

Laugh wan kill me die for here ! grin
Re: Your Winners And Losers Of 2009 by nacom2(f): 7:03pm On Jan 06, 2010
Winners so far

American Government ( For hitting Nigerian Government where it hurts most )

Umar Musa Yardua ( For still holding on so long to his hide and seek game )

Losers so far

Nigerian Senators ( For giving an ultimatum that aint worth more than a million Zimbabwean dollar bill

(1) (Reply)

Arrest Babangida Now, He Is Guilty Of Treasonable Felony / A Must Watch! A Bbc Documentary On Nigeria. What A Shame! / Lekki-epe Way Tolling: The Big Fraud --- A Call To Resist This Slavery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.