Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,067 members, 7,863,779 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 05:51 AM

Is It Compulsory For A Man To Provide For His Family? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Compulsory For A Man To Provide For His Family? (5318 Views)

Hi, Am A Student, I Need A Guy To Provide For Me, I Will Satisfy Him / Guys Should Make It Their Duty To Always Provide For Their Girlfriend / What To Provide For Ur Girlfriend As A Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Man To Provide For His Family? by harakiri(m): 12:49am On Jan 05, 2010
Is it compulsory for a man to provide for his family?
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Man To Provide For His Family? by Nobody: 1:07am On Jan 05, 2010
I reported this shi.tty thread, why hasnt it been locked?
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Man To Provide For His Family? by harakiri(m): 1:09am On Jan 05, 2010
Keep reporting.Don't give up! Some day, your dream might come through.
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Man To Provide For His Family? by Nobody: 1:14am On Jan 05, 2010
Okay, I hear ya!

Reports again grin
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Man To Provide For His Family? by harakiri(m): 1:27am On Jan 05, 2010
So, it is compulsory for a man to provide for his family?
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Man To Provide For His Family? by Nobody: 1:36am On Jan 05, 2010
Ask again grin
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Man To Provide For His Family? by harakiri(m): 1:56am On Jan 05, 2010
FL Gators:

I reported this shi.tty thread, why hasnt it been locked?

By the way, what's shi.tty about this thread?Is this not the same kind of thread your fellow sisters in feminism opened which goes "is it compulsory for a woman to wash her husband's clothes?".You didn't see anything shi.tty about that one so why this one?If a woman decides to avoid all housework and paint her nails/gossip with friends all day, it's acceptable and her "right" but when a man decides to abandon providing for his famiy, it's absurd and "shi.tty".Why the double standard?It's you feminists that cry out all day and night about equal rights and yet when it comes to certain roles, it's a double standard.Why is that?

Read my first post on this thread.I AM IN NO WAY A SUPPORTER of irresponsibility in the home but if people can support absurdities like a woman abandoning her roles as a wife, then they should as well support a man who choses to quit providing for his family.That sounds pretty absurd to you doesn't it?That's exactly how the other thread sounds too (even the male feminists there can't tolerate that in the real world).
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Man To Provide For His Family? by harakiri(m): 1:58am On Jan 05, 2010
And the absurdities continue angry

Is it compulsory for a man to provide for his family? Is it a must? Doesn't he have the right to refuse being a responsible man?
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Man To Provide For His Family? by Nobody: 2:01am On Jan 05, 2010
harakiri:

By the way, what's shi.tty about this thread?Is this not the same kind of thread your fellow sisters in feminism opened which goes "is it compulsory for a woman to wash her husband's clothes?".[/b]You didn't see anything shi.tty about that one so why this one?If a woman decides to avoid all housework and paint her nails/gossip with friends all day, it's acceptable and her "right" but when a man decides to abandon providing for his famiy, it's absurd and "shi.tty".Why the double standard?It's you feminists that cry out all day and night about equal rights and yet when it comes to certain roles, it's a double standard.Why is that?

Read my first post on this thread.[b]I AM IN NO WAY A SUPPORTER
of irresponsibility in the home but if people can support absurdities like a woman abandoning her roles as a wife, then they should as well support a man who choses to quit providing for his family.That sounds pretty absurd to you doesn't it?That's exactly how the other thread sounds too (even the male feminists there can't tolerate that in the real world).

Stop blabbering like a fool.

It's not even the fact that you created this thread out of revenge that boggles me. . . . its the fact that you're comparing family provision to laundry that worries the heck out of me.

Grow some balls, be a man, and stop thinking like a rebellious teenager.

Nonsense and ingredients

B,T,W Dont bother replying. . . .
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Man To Provide For His Family? by harakiri(m): 2:06am On Jan 05, 2010
FL Gators:

Stop blabbering like a fool.

It's not even the fact that you created this thread out of revenge that boggles me. . . . its the fact that you're comparing family provision to laundry that worries the heck out of me.

Grow some balls, be a man, and stop thinking like a rebellious teenager.

Nonsense and ingredients

B,T,W Dont bother replying. . . .tired of giving lil boys attention on this forum

Even my baby sister (who is much older than you by the way), replies with more common sense than this.Is it the 10,000 posts you have that makes you feel "grown"? A woman that refuses her duties and a man that refuses his duties are the same thing.Quit your selfish feminism and work that empty shell you call a head a bit.
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Man To Provide For His Family? by Nobody: 2:09am On Jan 05, 2010
harakiri:

Even my baby sister (who is much older than you by the way), replies with more common sense than this.Is it the 10,000 posts you have that makes you feel "grown"? A woman that refuses her duties and a man that refuses his duties are the same thing.Quit your selfish feminism and work that empty shell you call a head a bit.
Next time, tell that your sister to make a thread. Seems like you're incompetent to make a sensible thread. wink
Ode, dont provide for your family.Impotent piece of sh.it
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Man To Provide For His Family? by harakiri(m): 2:13am On Jan 05, 2010
FL Gators:

Next time, tell that your sister to make a thread. Seems like you're incompetent to make a sensible thread. wink
Ode, dont provide for your family.Impotent piece of sh.it

No wonder you were nominated for most senseless and irritating poster.There is nothing positive you've contributed to the thread except insults (which is the hallmark of unrepentant feminists by the way).You see a thread, you have nothing to productive to contribute and the only sensible thing (that a feminist) can do is bring down fire and brimstone.

Pathetic undecided
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Man To Provide For His Family? by Nobody: 2:17am On Jan 05, 2010
harakiri:

No wonder you were nominated for most senseless and irritating poster.There is nothing positive you've contributed to the thread except insults (which is the hallmark of unrepentant feminists by the way).You see a thread, you have nothing to productive to contribute and the only sensible thing (that a feminist) can do is bring down fire and brimstone.

Pathetic undecided
The day you woke up and thought that your thread made a sensible contribution to this section is the same day you lost your sanity.

I'm not the first to correct you of your errors and try to make you realize that you're still  a bonafide kid incompetent of making a sensible thread.

So stop whining about another thread made out of spite, heed correction.

And do remind me, when did we sit down for a cup of tea and had a discussion over my feminism?
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Man To Provide For His Family? by chika98: 2:18am On Jan 05, 2010
HaraKiri What is it that you have against women?
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Man To Provide For His Family? by harakiri(m): 2:23am On Jan 05, 2010
chika98:

HaraKiri What is it that you have against women?

I have nothing against REAL women (i'm engaged to one already and feminists are not invited in the later part of this year).What i am against is women (and so called "21st century westernized men"wink breaking the ethics of family all in the name of feminism/civilization.Sometimes you guys should take the questions to the women and quit trying to get into their good books with these kind of petty questions (no disrespect).
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Man To Provide For His Family? by harakiri(m): 2:28am On Jan 05, 2010
FL Gators:

The day you woke up and thought that your thread made a sensible contribution to this section is the same day you lost your sanity.

I'm not the first to correct you of your errors and try to make you realize that you're still  a bonafide kid incompetent of making a sensible thread.

So stop whining about another thread made out of spite, heed correction.

And do remind me, when did we sit down for a cup of tea and had a discussion over my feminism?

You would be rather more productive reporting this thread.Run along now.Go get it girl.Oprah Winfrey is right behind you.
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Man To Provide For His Family? by Nobody: 2:31am On Jan 05, 2010
harakiri:

Oprah Winfrey is right behind you.
What does Oprah have to do with this?
Oh, you were competing with her. . . .
Ode, other men are worrying about making something with their life to provide for a family, this one is worrying about how much dough his wife will be bringing back home to him.

Igbesi aiye lo fin sere. . . . eyi to ba ku lara e, awon eye aiye ma kuku fi se onje.
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Man To Provide For His Family? by chika98: 2:31am On Jan 05, 2010
harakiri:

I have nothing against REAL women (i'm engaged to one already and feminists are not invited in the later part of this year).What i am against is women (and so called "21st century westernized men"wink breaking the ethics of family all in the name of feminism/civilization.Sometimes you guys should take the questions to the women and quit trying to get into their good books with these kind of petty questions (no disrespect).

Good for you! Like you said you are already dealing with a REAL woman then relax. Your responses are nothing short of hatred and absolute disgust. What works for you will not work for another man. Make your marriage your own and keep it that way. You don't have to agree with other people and their views but you don't have to spit down venom on those who don't agree with you.

There are many men out there who'd rather help their wife, help her clean and do dishes and they are happy doing so. There are women out there who have no problems what so ever washing a man's clothes and all that. I just think you are getting worked up for nothing. Relax and enjoy the "real" woman you have at home.
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Man To Provide For His Family? by harakiri(m): 2:35am On Jan 05, 2010
FL Gators:

What does Oprah have to do with this?
Oh, you were competing with her. . . .
Ode, other men are worrying about making something with their life to provide for a family, this one is worrying about how much dough his wife will be bringing back home to him.

Igbesi aiye lo fin sere. . . . eyi to ba ku lara e, awon eye aiye ma kuku fi se onje.

I thought you were reporting this thread.Wetin happen?No response?
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Man To Provide For His Family? by Nobody: 2:39am On Jan 05, 2010
harakiri:

I thought you were reporting this thread.Wetin happen?No response?
Unfortunately,  he cant delete any thread just because everyone thinks its childish.

Are you ignoring the serious side of this matter? Like seriously, you can actually think the way you do? Are we supposed to believe that your brain cells are not dying?
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Man To Provide For His Family? by harakiri(m): 2:43am On Jan 05, 2010
FL Gators:

Unfortunately,  he cant delete any thread just because FL Gators thinks its childish.

Are you ignoring the serious side of this matter? Like seriously, you can actually think the way you do? Are we supposed to believe that your brain cells are not dying?

Does your above rant make any sense to you?
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Man To Provide For His Family? by Nobody: 2:44am On Jan 05, 2010
harakiri:

Does your above rant make any sense to you?
It does, sweety

Mon ami, if almost everyone on this thread criticizes the level of maturity of your thread, then obviously, you need to check yourself out and stop attacking your sincere fragile FL Gators. Okies?!
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Man To Provide For His Family? by harakiri(m): 2:48am On Jan 05, 2010
Madam Gators. . .Does since when did FL Gators = Everyone on NL ?

I have told you to get back to the good work wey you send yourself.Run along and spend your precious time reporting.Come on now. . .don't be shy.Keep reporting.Keep up the good work.
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Man To Provide For His Family? by harakiri(m): 2:49am On Jan 05, 2010
Back to the topic of discussion :

Is it compulsory for a man to provide for his family? Is it a necessity? Must it be enforced?
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Man To Provide For His Family? by Nobody: 2:51am On Jan 05, 2010
harakiri:

Madam Gators. . .Does since when did FL Gators = Everyone on NL ?

I have told you to get back to the good work wey you send yourself.Run along and spend your precious time reporting.Come on now. . .don't be shy.Keep reporting.Keep up the good work.
So I'm the only one that said something about your shi.tty thread? lol cheesy

Good day!
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Man To Provide For His Family? by ancel(m): 3:06am On Jan 05, 2010
off-topic:
@Fl Gators: Here is the first sci-fi novella, I forgot I posted one on NL. https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-371703.0.html

@Fl-Gators: Please stop the dustup against Harakiri. I think he is just trying to prove a point, howbeit subtly but exaggerated to clarify/magnify his point. Personally, I see it like SATIRE, and in satire, insults and scorn will definitely be wittily passed along to drive home the point. You have gotten his message, but others may not so readily see his point if the thread does not exist. I think you are over-reacting. Really. But that's my 2 cents sha.

@Topic: Hmm. I ask, "Why is he called a MAN?"
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Man To Provide For His Family? by harakiri(m): 3:06am On Jan 05, 2010
^^^Okay angry

@NL

Back to the rhapsody of absurdities

Is it compulsory for a man to provide for his family? Why should he perform this role? Can't a man just hang out with his friends drinking beer all day while the woman works for the daily bread?
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Man To Provide For His Family? by Nobody: 3:08am On Jan 05, 2010
ancel:

off-topic:
@Fl Gators: Here is the first sci-fi novella, I forgot I posted one on NL. Please make a comment on it. https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-371703.0.html

@Fl-Gators: Please stop the dustup against Harakiri. I think he is just trying to prove a point, howbeit subtly but exaggerated to clarify/magnify his point. Personally, I see it like SATIRE, and in satire, insults and scorn will definitely be wittily passed along to drive home the point. You have gotten his message, but others may not so readily see his point if the thread does not exist. I think you are taking it too serious. Really. But that's my 2 cents sha.

@Topic: Hmm. I ask, "Why is he called a MAN?"

I got your point, babes.
Mo ti stop e.

I'll def read your story. Thanks for remembering to give me a link smiley
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Man To Provide For His Family? by ancel(m): 3:14am On Jan 05, 2010
@harakiri: Bros why the angry face na? But sha, LOL the expanded version of your rhetoric is more interesting, IMO, especially the last sentence.

Is it compulsory for a man to provide for his family? Why should he perform this role? Can't a man just hang out with his friends drinking beer all day while the woman works for the daily bread?

@FL Gators: You're welcome, niftypeach. wink
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Man To Provide For His Family? by harakiri(m): 3:33am On Jan 05, 2010
ancel:

@harakiri: Bros why the angry face na? But sha, LOL the expanded version of your rhetoric is more interesting, IMO, especially the last sentence.
@FL Gators: You're welcome, niftypeachwink

Don't mind me jare.So what is your take on this? Is it compulsory for a man to provide for his family? Why don't we have male rights groups fighting against court rulings that send guys who fail to make their child support payments to jail in the western world? Why must the man help the woman in lifting her loads in the house? Why must a man protect a woman when she is in danger? Why doesn't the man run and hide behind her back instead? Why?
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Man To Provide For His Family? by Nobody: 3:55am On Jan 05, 2010
Ok, so I've thought it over. I went overboard, I apologize.
But I still think that you should provide for your family okay? No question about it cool
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Man To Provide For His Family? by harakiri(m): 3:59am On Jan 05, 2010
FL Gators:

Ok, so I've thought it over. I went overboard, I apologize.
But I still think that you should provide for your family okay? No question about it cool

Are you kidding me?I'm not married yet (currently engaged) and i make sure she lacks nothing (except a mercedes of course grin).So i am not a mad man.Apology accepted smiley

@NL

Back to the topic of discussion (don't let the kiss and make-up above distract this thread cheesy).Is it compulsory for a man to provide for his family? Is it by force? If so, why?

Positive and negative replies are welcome.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What To Say To Your Ex Boyfriend That You Still Love / You Think Are Doing Me,you Doing Yourself (photo) / Woman Seen Bathing Outside - Invites Onlookers To Join (VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.