Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,125 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

Open Heaven Daily Devotion By Pastor E. A. Adeboye - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Open Heaven Daily Devotion By Pastor E. A. Adeboye (14181 Views)

Prophecies for 2017 by Pastor Chris Oyakhilome. / Mountain Of Fire 2017 Prophecies By Pastor Dr. D.K Olukoya / 2017 Prophecies By Pastor E.A. Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Open Heaven Daily Devotion By Pastor E. A. Adeboye by Julivas(m): 12:26am On Aug 01, 2017
OPEN HEAVENS BY PST. ENOCH .A. ADEBOYE

TUESDAY 1ST AUGUST, 2017

TIRED OF STAGNANCY?

MEMORISE:
This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success. Joshua 1:8

READ:
2 Peter 1:5-10

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 Kings 11& Ezekiel 18: 19-29

The word “stagnation” is commonly used to describe the state of a standing body of water that is devoid of current flow, which consequently results in unpleasant smell. It can also be used to describe a dull and sluggish situation where there is little or no evidence of activity. Just as a body of water can become stagnant, a person’s life can also enter into a state of stagnancy. Stagnancy ultimately leads to lack of productivity, barrenness, fruitlessness, indebtedness, poverty, failure, sorrow and disappointment. Moreover, stagnancy sometimes develops into a state of confusion, inferiority complex, faithlessness, hopelessness and a loss of ambition. If a stagnated person does not receive help on time, the situation may degenerate into feelings of regret, depression psychological imbalance and even suicide. I hereby decree into your life: in any area you may be experiencing stagnancy, receive the power to make progress now in Jesus’ Name.
Do you know that sin within a person’s life is a more deadly destroyer of destiny than other external enemies? Out of all the numerous agents that the devil uses to cause stagnancy, the paralyzing effect of sin is the most potent weapon that prevents people from making progress. Once a person steps into sin, the stagnating power of sin becomes activated in the person’s life. Consequently, guilty conscience, loss of confidence, and the law of divine retribution all combine to ensure that every effort to make real progress is rendered null and void. However, God has provided a very effective way of escape for anyone who is tired of stagnancy. According to today’s memory verse, meditating on and living in obedience to the word of God destroys the power of stagnancy and guarantees success and prosperity. Through this scripture, the Holy Spirit is saying that if the word of God abounds in you and you are completely obedient to its principles, the Lord will ensure that agents of stagnancy such as barrenness, unfruitfulness, blindness and short-sightedness are rendered impotent in your life. The question is, are you tired of stagnancy? Are you ready to do what it takes to break the stronghold of stagnancy in your life? If you are yet to give your life to Jesus, you need to first surrender your life to Him right now, confessing Him as your Lord and Saviour. Following this, you must develop a hunger for studying God’s principles intensively through the Bible and begin to live according to His word. As you commit yourself to these things, the power of God will descend on you to set you free from stagnancy and divinely empower you to make progress in all areas of your life. Welcome to the unstoppable generation.

PRAYER POINT:
Father, please break the power of stagnancy over my life and work in Jesus’ Name.

HYMN 11:
1. I have decided to follow Jesus;
I have decided to follow Jesus;
I have decided to follow Jesus;
No turning back, no turning back.

2. Though none go with me, still I will follow;
Though none go with me, still I will follow;
Though none go with me, still I will follow;

3. My cross I’ll carry, till I see Jesus;
my cross I’ll carry, till I see Jesus;
my cross I’ll carry, till I see Jesus;

4. The world behind me, the cross before me;
The world behind me, the cross before me;
The world behind me, the cross before me;
Re: Open Heaven Daily Devotion By Pastor E. A. Adeboye by Julivas(m): 12:24am On Aug 03, 2017
OPEN HEAVENS BY PST.ENOCH .A. ADEBOYE

THURSDAY 3RD AUGUST,2017

COME YE APART I

MEMORISE:
On the first day shall be an holy convocation: ye shall do no servile work therein. Leviticus 23:35

READ:
Mark 6:30-32
30 And the apostles gathered themselves together unto Jesus, and told him all things, both what they had done, and what they had taught.
31 And he said unto them, Come ye yourselves apart into a desert place, and rest a while: for there were many coming and going, and they had no leisure so much as to eat.
32 And they departed into a desert place by ship privately.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 Kings 14-15 & Ezekiel 20:1-13

“Come ye apart” is a call for a holy convocation or a coming together of the saints in a solemn assembly. In the Bible, such a meeting was often called to enable the people of God separate themselves unto God. Such special days were devoted to spiritual activities such as praise worship, celebration, Scripture reading, fasting, prayers and offering of sacrifices. In today’s Bible reading, the Lord Jesus Christ called for a holy convocation or solemn assembly with His disciples. The Disciples had just returned from their very first missionary tour. Although they had many victories and testimonies of healing and casting out of demons, they were also very tired, confused (from seeing strangers casting out demons in the Name of Jesus), and full of several questions they wanted to ask the Master. On getting back to Jesus, they immediately bombarded Him with their reports, but Jesus would not engage them in the presence of the multitude. Instead, He called them apart for a solemn assembly. He said to them, “Come ye apart and rest a while”. Within the atmosphere of peace and quiet, the disciples were able to tell Jesus all about their labour, victories, and challenges and ask their questions unhindered. The Lord Jesus in turn was able to properly instruct them, answer all their questions, clear their doubts and minister to them appropriately.
However, it should be noted that the call for a solemn assembly was intentionally made to exclude multitude. It was strictly designed for the hardworking disciples, who were exhausted, to come away and rest for some time. A solemn assembly is therefore a time to recharge our spiritual battery, a time of deep reflection and a time to meditate on the word of God. It is meant to be a time of total rest from daily physical work in order to be in the presence of the Lord. It is a time of separation unto God for spiritual worship, fasting and prayers, with expectation of divine visitation. It is a time of very serious business with God that leaves no room for pettiness, gossip, indiscipline or any form of carnality. That is why the solemn assembly in the Redeemed Christian Church of God is strictly meant for matured ministers and workers of the church. “Come ye apart” is an open invitation by God to His favoured children as a means of setting them apart for divine blessings. It could be a call to an individual, as was the case with Moses in Exodus 34:2-3, or a call to a group of people, as was the case with Jacob and his family in Genesis 35:1-7. May you receive your own special invitation today in Jesus’ Name.

PRAYER POINT:
Father, as I separate myself to You in consecration, please set me apart for Your special blessings in Jesus’ Name.

HYMN 6:
1. Deeper, deeper in the love of Jesus
Daily let me go;
Higher, higher in the school of wisdom,
More of grace to know.
Refrain:

Oh, deeper yet, I pray,
And higher every day,
And wiser, blessed Lord,
In Thy precious, holy Word.

2. Deeper, deeper, blessed Holy Spirit,
Take me deeper still,
Till my life is wholly lost in Jesus,
And His perfect will.
Refrain:

3. Deeper, deeper! though it cost hard trials,
Deeper let me go!
Rooted in the holy love of Jesus,
Let me fruitful grow.
Refrain:

4. Deeper, higher, every day in Jesus,
Till all conflict past,
Finds me conqu’ror, and in His own image
Perfected at last.
Refrain:

5. Deeper, deeper in the faith of Jesus,
Holy faith and true;
In His pow’r and soul exulting wisdom
Let me peace pursue.
Refrain:
Re: Open Heaven Daily Devotion By Pastor E. A. Adeboye by Julivas(m): 12:11am On Aug 04, 2017

FRIDAY 4TH AUGUST, 2017

COME YE APART II

MEMORISE:
If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honor, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work. 2 Timothy 2:21

READ:
Act 13: 1-3
1 Now there were in the church that was at Antioch certain prophets and teachers; as Barnabas, and Simeon that was called Niger, and Lucius of Cyrene, and Manaen, which had been brought up with Herod the tetrarch, and Saul.
2 As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Ghost said, Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them.
3 And when they had fasted and prayed, and laid their hands on them, they sent them away.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 Kings 16-17 & Ezekiel 20:14-26

As discussed yesterday, “Come ye apart” is a call to cease from daily work in order to come before God in a solemn assembly. Such calls by God to a solemn assembly are not mere religious exercises, but a time of settling important issue with Him. Hence, they are sometimes called during times of serious emergencies, as seen in Joel 1:14, where God said:
“Sanctify ye a fast, call a solemn assembly, gather the elders and all the inhabitants of the land into the house of the Lord your God, and cry unto the Lord,”
While the general purpose of calling a solemn assembly is to gather the people of God together for a special time of worship in a state of purity, we also see God sometimes using such terms as “deny yourselves” or “afflict your souls” when He calls for a holy convocation (Leviticus 23:27). These terms refer to fasting and abstinence from food, drink, entertainment, sexual pleasure or other things that delight the flesh. By making a deliberate effort to subjugate our body to the dictates of the Spirit at such times, we are able to devote ourselves more fully to worshipping God during these special occasions. It's in light of such self-denial that the Bible in 2 Timothy 2:21 says,
“If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honor, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.”
Individually, each of us is only one out of the billions of vessels available for God’s use. However, as vessels, we are each made of different kinds of resources, ranging from precious gems like gold and silver to cheaper materials like wood and clay. Obviously, some vessels are deployed for honorable use, while some others are to dishonor. What is of utmost importance is the fact that the Master will only use the best. The vessel that would be found suitable for the Master’s use must be purged of all errors and purified from all unrighteousness. In the Bible, purging refers to the confession and renunciation of sin, while purification refers to the process of removing impurities that interfere with a disciplined life. Are you interested in having a divine encounter with the Almighty God? Would you want to be a vessel of honor in the hands of the Master? Are you looking forward to being prepared for every good work? Then, come ye apart in a holy convocation, purge and purify yourself so that you can become a vessel of honour in the hands of the Almighty. As you make effort to separate yourself unto God this season, He will find you suitable as a vessel unto honour and fill you up with His anointing in the Name of Jesus.

PRAYER POINT:
Father, help me to purge myself, so that I may be found suitable for Your use.

HYMN 6:
Daily let me go;
More of grace to know.

Refrain:
Oh, deeper yet, I pray,
And higher every day,
And wiser, blessed Lord,

Take me deeper still,
And His perfect will.
Refrain:

Deeper let me go!
Let me fruitful grow.
Refrain:

Till all conflict past,
Perfected at last.
Refrain:

Holy faith and true;
Let me peace pursue.
Refrain:
Re: Open Heaven Daily Devotion By Pastor E. A. Adeboye by Julivas(m): 12:03am On Aug 06, 2017

SUNDAY 6TH AUGUST, 2017

LIKE THEOPHILUS?

MEMORISE:
Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name. Psalm 91:14

READ:
Luke 1:1-4
1 Forasmuch as many have taken in hand to set forth in order a declaration of those things which are most surely believed among us,
2 Even as they delivered them unto us, which from the beginning were eyewitnesses, and ministers of the word;
3 It seemed good to me also, having had perfect understanding of all things from the very first, to write unto thee in order, most excellent Theophilus,
4 That thou mightest know the certainty of those things, wherein thou hast been instructed.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 Kings 20-21 & Ezekiel 20:39-49

The name by which a person is identified is very significant. The Jews and a good number of Africa cultures attach great importance to the names they give to their children. It is amazing that God Almighty also recognizes the influences of names on the lives of their bearers. For example, while entering into a convenient with Abram, God changed his name to Abraham, and He gave reasons for this (Genesis 32:28). The Lord Jesus and His apostles also gave people new names (Mark 3:16-17, Acts 4:36).
In our Bible reading today, we read about a man whose name was Theophilus. ‘Theophilus’ in Greek means “lover of God”. It is amazing that this man loved God so much that he earnestly sought to know about Him and His Christ. His curiosity about God produced two of the twenty-seven books of the New Testament: the gospel according to St. Luke and the Acts of the Apostles (Luke 1:1-3, Acts 1:1). When you love someone, you would seek to know more about that fellow. This was exactly the attitude of Theophilus towards God. His drive to know God more, led Luke to write his gospel on the life of Jesus. However, his continued thirst made him unsatisfied with just one book about Him, thereby necessitating the need for a second book to be written by Luke, which is now referred to as the Acts of the Apostles.
There are several lessons we can learn from the life and attitude of Theophilus, one of which is that in spite of his highly exalted position, Theophilus still sought to know the truth about Jesus Christ. The Bible says you shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free (John 8:32). Whenever you are confronted with an idea, be it religious or philosophical, try and find out the truth embedded in it. Some people completely fall for some religious ideas without first finding out the authenticity; hence, they have been deceived to believe lies. Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ, yarned to know more of Jesus (Philippians 3:10). If you love Jesus, you would want to know more of Him through regular Bible study and fellowshipping with genuine Christians. The benefits of loving God and His Christ are obvious from our memory verse. When you love God, he will deliver you from erring from the truth (John 10:1-14). He will also promote you because your personal relationship with Him will avail for you. Beloved, do you love God? To what extent do you love Him? Jesus Christ, in John 14:15, said:
“If ye love me, keep my commandments.”
By this benchmark, can you say you truly love Him?

PRAYER POINT:
Father, help me to love You as I ought to: in deed and in truth.

HYMN 1:
1. My faith looks up to Thee,
Thou Lamb of Calvary,
Savior divine!
Now hear me while I pray,
Take all my guilt away,
Oh, let me from this day
Be wholly Thine!

2. May Thy rich grace impart
Strength to my fainting heart,
My zeal inspire!
As Thou hast died for me,
Oh, may my love to Thee
Pure, warm, and changeless be,
A living fire!

3. While life’s dark maze I tread,
And griefs around me spread,
Be Thou my guide;
Bid darkness turn to day,
Wipe sorrow’s tears away,
Nor let me ever stray
From Thee aside.

4. When life’s swift race is run,
Death’s cold work almost done,
Be near to me;
Blest Savior, then in love,
Fear and distrust remove;
O bear me safe above,
Redeemed and free!
Re: Open Heaven Daily Devotion By Pastor E. A. Adeboye by Julivas(m): 8:48pm On Aug 06, 2017

MONDAY 7TH AUGUST, 2017

YE SHALL BE THE HEAD

MEMORISE:
And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power: 2 Colossians 2:10

READ:
Deuteronomy 28:1-14

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 Kings 22 & Ezekiel 21:1-17

The head is the most important part of the body; hence, kings and priests were anointed on their heads and Christ is referred to as the Head of the Church (Ephesian 4:15). Also, more often than not, symbols of power, authority and honor are displayed on the head. The body is able to operate efficiently because the head is capable of interpreting data received from the body, and also because the head is able to send out appropriate signals to the various parts of the body. The capacity of the head to intelligently interpret and direct the activities of the whole body makes the existence of the body completely dependent on the head. For this reason, we as the Body of Christ are totally dependent on Him, who is our Head. The Lord has also sent us as His representatives to be head over every situation around us. Henceforth, you shall be the head and the most important personality within sphere of influence in Jesus’ Name.
To be the head indeed is not a theoretical concept but a practical reality that must be manifested. A person who is really the head must effectively provide leadership through the coordination of all the abilities at his or her disposal. From a physical point of view; the eyes are there to provide vision, the ears to collect information through sound, the nose for smelling, the tongue for taste and the mouth for verbal communication. The brain has the responsibility of processing the various data gathered by these different parts of the head, either for immediate use or for future application, as the case may be. If any of these organs that form part of the head is impaired, the head will not be able to effectively perform its leadership role in the body. For you to be head indeed, every ability that you need in order to provide leadership, be it spiritual, physical or resource-wise, must not be impaired. I therefore, pray that God will perfect everything about you, so that you will provide excellent leadership, in the Name of Jesus. Among other things, three factors are necessary for a head to perform effectively: eyes that see, ears that hear and a mouth that speaks. Physical eyes are required to view things in general, while spiritual eyes are necessary for divine revelation to see beyond the physical realm. Ears that function properly listen to people and also hear from God. Picking up divine communication is absolutely necessary for anyone who will be the head. Also, a functional mouth is most necessary for communicating with fellow men and for making declaration in the Name of Jesus. I pray for you that you will receive clear vision, your ears will hear the sound from heaven, your mouth will make irreversible decrees, you shall be an effective head in the mighty Name of Jesus.

PRAYER POINT:
Father, please touch my head and bless me with everything I need to be a successful leader in Jesus’ Name.

HYMN 7:
1. O Jesus, I have promised to serve Thee to the end;
Be Thou forever near me, my Master and my Friend;
I shall not fear the battle if Thou art by my side,
Nor wander from the pathway if Thou wilt be my Guide.

2. Oh, let me hear Thee speaking in accents clear and still,
I dare not trust my judgment: Thy way shall be my will;
Oh, speak to reassure me, to hasten or control;
Oh, speak, and help me listen, Thou Guardian of my soul.

3. O Jesus, Thou hast promised to all who follow Thee
That where Thou art in glory there shall Thy servant be;
And Jesus, I have promised to serve Thee to the end—
Oh, give me grace to follow, my Master and my Friend.

4. Oh, let me see Thy footprints, and in them plant mine own;
My hope to follow duly is in Thy strength alone;
Oh, guide me, call me, draw me, uphold me to the end;
And then in Heav’n receive me, my Savior and my friend.
Re: Open Heaven Daily Devotion By Pastor E. A. Adeboye by Julivas(m): 5:17am On Aug 08, 2017

TUESDAY 8TH AUGUST, 2017

THE ALMIGHTY

MEMORISE:
For with God nothing shall be impossible. Luke 1:37

READ:
Genesis 17:1-2
1 And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the Lord appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect.
2 And I will make my covenant between me and thee, and will multiply thee exceedingly.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
2 Kings 1-2 & Ezekiel 21:18-32

In Genesis 17:1, for the first time, God revealed Himself as El-Shaddai: the Almighty God. Here, He was reiterating His wonderful promises to Abraham at the age of ninety-nine, particularly that he would bear a son, despite him and Sarah being very advanced in age. Prior to this revelation, God had been identified as the Creator of the heavens and the earth, and He had also made Himself known as the God who knows all things. However, this time, He wanted to introduce Himself as the God who has the power to do all things. The eternal power of the Almighty is evident in the work of creation, and at a more personal level, the exceeding greatness of His power is expressed in all believers by the regeneration of our spirit man, through the same power that raised Jesus Christ from the dead (Romans 1:20, Ephesians 1:19-20).
Several accounts in the Bible teach us that the unlimited power of the Almighty is always at work in any given situation to make all things go according to His original plan and purpose. For example, in the book of Ruth, Naomi was the only survivor of a tragic family decision to sojourn in the land of Moab. After a ten-year absence, the Lord brought her back to Bethlehem in His character as Jehovah, the covenant-keeping God. Later on, in His capacity as the Almighty, He exercised His power to implement His purpose in the life of Ruth and Naomi, so much so that the same circumstances that Naomi found to be bitter in Ruth 1:20 went on to bring about great joy and celebration at the end of the day. What a mighty God we serve! I therefore decree into your life, no matter what you are passing through at the moment, the original purpose of God for your life shall be established in the mighty Name of Jesus.
The almightiness of God can be translated to mean that with God, nothing shall be impossible. The Almighty God has proved Himself beyond any reasonable doubt in this regard. The book of Genesis reveals the power of God to bring everything we see in creation today into reality from virtually nothing. Exodus showcases among others things the execution of the ten plagues and the final deliverance of Israel from the hand of pharaoh in such a miraculous way. Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy highlight the journey of the Israelites through the wilderness with great miracles and wonders attending to them daily. Joshua records how a feeble, worn-out and ill-equipped nation of Israel was assisted by the Almighty God to destroy and inherit the lands of nations consisting of giants. The list is inexhaustible! I therefore decree, that the power of the Almighty God will work in your life today to do the impossible, in the mighty Name of Jesus.

PRAYER POINT:
Father, You are the Almighty, please do a mighty thing in my life today in Jesus’ Name.

HYMN 3:
1. O Lord my God, When I in awesome wonder,
Consider all the worlds Thy Hands have made;
I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder,
Thy power throughout the universe displayed.

Refrain:
Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art.
Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art!

2. When through the woods, and forest glades I wander,
And hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees.
When I look down, from lofty mountain grandeur
And see the brook, and feel the gentle breeze.
Refrain

3. And when I think, that God, His Son not sparing;
Sent Him to die, I scarce can take it in;
That on the Cross, my burden gladly bearing,
He bled and died to take away my sin.
Refrain

4. When Christ shall come, with shout of acclamation,
And take me home, what joy shall fill my heart.
Then I shall bow, in humble adoration,
And then proclaim: "My God, how great Thou art!"
Refrain
Re: Open Heaven Daily Devotion By Pastor E. A. Adeboye by Julivas(m): 5:30am On Aug 09, 2017

WEDNESDAY 9TH AUGUST, 2017

JEHOVAH NISSI

MEMORISE:
Plead my cause, O Lord, with them that strive with me: fight against them that fight me. Psalm 35:1

READ:
Exodus 17:8-16

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
2 Kings 3-4 & Ezekiel 22:1-16

Jehovah Nissi in the third revealed compound Name of God, meaning “The Lord is my Banner”. It was the Name Moses gave the altar he built following Israel’s victory over Amalek in Exodus 17:15. The word “nissi” means banner, standard or flag. A banner is the rallying point for warriors in the time of battle. Moses named the altar ‘the Lord is my banner” to acknowledge God’s active role in fighting for the nation of Israel, and at the same time, to testify to God’s continued war against the people of Amalek from generation to generation (Exodus 17:16). This altar stood as a witness to the whole world that the God of Israel was behind the victory over the Amalekites. You may recall that this battle with Amalek took place under the upraised hands of Moses, holding the rod of God. Moses therefore, named the altar Jehovah Nissi with the consciousness of the role that God played in the battle. Starting from today, the hand of God will be so evident against all your enemies and detractors that you will begin to sing “The Lord is my banner” in Jesus’ Name.
It is amazing to note that the ordinary rod that Moses used in his years as a shepherd had become the rod of God in today’s Bible reading. This shows that anything we surrender to God or commit into His hands in support of His kingdom is made to pass through an unseen divine transformation over time. I therefore pray that as you submit yourself under the mighty hand of God today, He will transform you and your natural gifts into supernatural objects and vessels of honour to achieve great and mighty things for His Name in Jesus’ Name. It is also important to note that Amalek came out of the blues and decided to wage war against Israel without any provocation. This provoked the anger of God against them, so much so that He promised to completely wipe out the memory of Amalek from the face of the earth (Exodus 17:14). Therefore, I decree by the word of the Lord that Jehovah Nissi will raise His standard against anyone who is angry with you and plotting evil against you without cause, or fighting against you without any provocation, and they will be completely destroyed in the mighty Name of Jesus. The story in our Bible reading is more like a blueprint of how God’s children should deal with anyone or anything that is identified as an enemy of God’s kingdom. The strategic tools deployed here include fervent prayers, knowledge of God’s word, the advocacy of Jesus, the rod of divine judgment, and believers’ unity. We should learn to deploy these tools to spur Jehovah Nissi into action against the enemy on our behalf.

PRAYER POINT:
Jehovah Nissi, please fight every enemy that is stirred up against the advancement of Your Kingdom in every corner of the world

HYMN 4:
1. Through the love of God, our Saviour,
All will be well;
Free and changeless is His favour,
All will be well;
Precious is the blood that healed us,
Perfect is the grace that sealed us,
Strong the hand stretched out to shield us,
All will be well.

2. Though we pass through tribulation,
All will be well;
Ours is such a full salvation,
All will be well.
Happy when in God confiding,
Fruitful if in Christ abiding,
Holy through the Spirit's guiding,
All will be well.

3. We expect a bright tomorrow;
All will be well;
Faith can sing through days of sorrow,
All will be well;
On our Father's love relying,
Jesus every need supplying
In our living, in our dying,
All will be well.

1 Like

Re: Open Heaven Daily Devotion By Pastor E. A. Adeboye by Julivas(m): 3:14am On Aug 10, 2017

THURSDAY 10TH AUGUST, 2017

SPIRITUAL ARMOUR

MEMORISE:
Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. Romans 8:37

READ:
Ephesian 6:10-18

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
2 Kings 5-6 & Ezekiel 22:17-31

Weapons of war usually fall under two major categories: offensive and defensive. Body armour can be classified as defensive weapons of war against missiles, projectiles and handheld combat weapons; they work as protective covering, designed to safeguard vital parts of the body. Today’s Bible reading talks about spiritual warfare, revealing how the different parts of physical body armour mirror the spiritual armour available to us as believers in Christ. We have at our disposal invisible weapons of spiritual warfare that are potent against the wicked assault of the enemy. In Ephesian 6:11, our spiritual armour is referred to as the armour of God, which implies that it possesses divine attributes, making it indestructible by the power of the devil. We are invited to “put on the whole armour of God”. However, this armour is inaccessible to those who have not accepted the Lordship of Jesus Christ over their lives.
Putting on the armour of God is equivalent to putting on Jesus, and He is more than enough to protect us against all evil and temptations we may encounter. Romans 13:14 says,
“But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfill the lusts thereof.”
Putting on Jesus involves accepting Him as Lord and Saviour, meditating on His word day and night, living a life of holiness, and spreading His gospel. I pray that in the heat of the battle of life, the armour of God will be your strong defense in Jesus’ Name.
The Bible used the imagery of physical warfare to communicate a powerful spiritual message to us in Ephesian 6:10-18. Firstly, we are asked to gird our waist with the sturdy belt of the truth. It’s with this same belt that our sword is fastened to our body. In the days of old, a soldier girded in this manner was recognized as being on active duty. We are expected to gird ourselves with truth as the foundation of all our spiritual activities. Next, we are to find our protection in righteousness. Also, our feet should be ever ready to move with the gospel of peace. We should arm ourselves with the shield of faith to quench all the fiery arrows of the enemy. To protect our head, the most important part of our body, we must put on the helmet of salvation. The helmet of salvation is required to protect our spiritual destiny. Finally, as soldiers of Christ, we are to wield the “sword of the Spirit” which is the spoken word of God. As the only offensive weapon mentioned, this is the soldier’s most important weapon, and it is supplied by the Holy spirit. I decree that God will fortify you and make you untouchable to the devil in Jesus’ Name.

PRAYER POINT:
Father, please prepare and equip me for battle as a good soldier of Christ in Jesus’ Name.

HYMN 18:
1. Onward, Christian soldiers, marching as to war,
With the cross of Jesus going on before.
Christ, the royal Master, leads against the foe;
Forward into battle see His banners go!

Refrain:
Onward, Christian soldiers, marching as to war,

2. At the sign of triumph Satan’s host doth flee;
On then, Christian soldiers, on to victory!
Hell’s foundations quiver at the shout of praise;
Brothers, lift your voices, loud your anthems raise.
Refrain:

3. Like a mighty army moves the church of God;
Brothers, we are treading where the saints have trod.
We are not divided, all one body we,
One in hope and doctrine, one in charity.
Refrain:

4. Onward then, ye people, join our happy throng,
Blend with ours your voices in the triumph song.
Glory, laud, and honor unto Christ the King,
This through countless ages men and angels sing.
Refrain:

1 Like

Re: Open Heaven Daily Devotion By Pastor E. A. Adeboye by Julivas(m): 3:00am On Aug 11, 2017

FRIDAY 11TH AUGUST, 2017

TRICKS OF THE DEVIL I

MEMORISE:
Pride goeth before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall. Proverb 16:18

READ:
Isaiah 14:12-16

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
2 Kings 7-8 & Ezekiel 23:1-21

A trick is a cunning act or scheme intended to deceive or outwit a person. One of the greatest tricks by which the devil deceives men today is to cause their hearts to be lifted up in pride. Through pride, the hearts of mankind have rebelled against the knowledge and authority of God. Pride comes with arrogance, pomp presumption, conceit, self-satisfaction, boasting, high-mindedness and haughtiness. It is especially dangerous because of its silence and the stealth by which it operates. When pride is well seated in the heart and has taken full charge of a person, it becomes extremely difficult to pin down. However, we thank God because the light of God’s word is bright enough to expose it in all its forms. To understand pride, we need to consider the first entity in whom pride was found: Satan. Isaiah 14:13-14 reveals the thoughts of his heart that made God depose him from his exalted position in heaven:
"For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High."
A careful consideration of the above scripture shows that pride is basically a sin that has its roots in the attitude and the heart. Hence, Proverb 21:4 speaks of “a haughty look” and “a proud heart” as sin. The first thing to watch out for in a man or woman with pride in their heart is the emphasis on their person in their speech. The speech of such people is normally laden with the personal pronoun “I”. In a single short statement, Satan made reference to himself five times. “I will ascend, I will exalt my throne, I will sit, I will ascend above, and I will be like the most high”. Secondly, the proud displays an unwarranted attitude of confidence and inordinate ambition, such as displayed by Satan. He was not satisfied with where God placed him, and he actually wanted to supplant God Himself. He was so confident of himself that he thought he could ascend into heaven and exercise dominion over all the angels of God all by himself.
However, pride cannot remain internalized or hidden. It often finds expression: through speech (such as boastings) through looks and through behaviour, such as acts of impatience and contemptible treatment of others. The Bible highlights the inevitable downfall of a proud person, and we should learn from what happened to Satan (Proverb 16:18, Ezekiel 28:16-19). The proud will not escape God’s terrible judgment; therefore, be warned!

PRAYER POINT:
Father, please expose every hidden tendency of pride and related attitudes in my life and completely destroy them, in Jesus’ Name.

HYMN 7:
1. O Jesus, I have promised to serve Thee to the end;
Be Thou forever near me, my Master and my Friend;
I shall not fear the battle if Thou art by my side,
Nor wander from the pathway if Thou wilt be my Guide.

2. Oh, let me hear Thee speaking in accents clear and still,
I dare not trust my judgment: Thy way shall be my will;
Oh, speak to reassure me, to hasten or control;
Oh, speak, and help me listen, Thou Guardian of my soul.

3. O Jesus, Thou hast promised to all who follow Thee
That where Thou art in glory there shall Thy servant be;
And Jesus, I have promised to serve Thee to the end—
Oh, give me grace to follow, my Master and my Friend.

4. Oh, let me see Thy footprints, and in them plant mine own;
My hope to follow duly is in Thy strength alone;
Oh, guide me, call me, draw me, uphold me to the end;
And then in Heav’n receive me, my Savior and my
Friend.

1 Like

Re: Open Heaven Daily Devotion By Pastor E. A. Adeboye by Julivas(m): 10:29pm On Aug 14, 2017

MONDAY 14TH AUGUST, 2017

THERE SHALL BE NO BARRIER

MEMORISE:
There shall not any man be able to stand before thee all the days of thy life: as I was with Moses, so I will be with thee: I will not fail thee, nor forsake thee. Joshua 1:5

READ:
Zechariah 4:6-9

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
2 Kings 12-13 & Ezekiel 24:1-14

The Lord spoke the words of today’s memory verse to Joshua at a very crucial time in his life. Moses, the man of God, had just departed and handed over the baton of spiritual and political leadership of Israel to him. Obviously, this was a very scary thing for Joshua. Having been the servant of Moses, he knew the severity of the spiritual assignment ahead. He also had firsthand experience of the several episode of political intrigue and multiple rebellions against his master. Joshua least expected the leadership mantle to fall on him, since there were (at least) seventy elders ahead of him, most of whom he esteemed to be better suited as political leaders compared to himself. There was also the family of priests, members of which he reckoned to be more experienced for the spiritual leadership of Israel. Nevertheless, although age, experience and maturity may not have favoured him, it still pleased the Lord to appoint him as a replacement for Moses; and knowing Joshua’s fearful state of mind, He therefore spoke those words of assurance to encourage and embolden him in his new assignment. I pray for you today, you will receive divine support and assurance that will propel you to success in Jesus’ Name.
Today, God is telling you that there shall be no barrier to your promotion, success and breakthrough, God has the power to make such declaration about you because He is the Creator of the heavens and the earth, and He is the Author and Finisher of your faith. All powers in heaven and on earth belong to Him, and His word is Yea and Amen. Numbers 23:19 says this about Him:
“God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?”
We have assurance in the word of God that God is able to bring whatever he says to reality. I therefore, encourage you to rely on his promise to you, knowing well that He is the Creator of all things - whether visible or invisible, all things were created by Him and for Him (Colossians 1:16). Furthermore, you also have reason to believe strongly that there shall be no barrier to the fulfillment of your destiny because of His mighty acts both in history and even now. He is the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the Holy One of Israel, who delivered the Israelites from 430 years of captivity. He parted the Red Sea and provided manna in the wilderness. He is the Father of Our Lord Jesus Christ, our Saviour and Redeemer, who heals, delivers and raises the dead. May His Name be praised forever.

PRAYER POINT:
Father, please speak a word of support and assurance into my life today that will send jitters down the spine of my enemies and detractors in Jesus’ Name.

HYMN 1:
1. My faith looks up to Thee,
Thou Lamb of Calvary,
Savior divine!
Now hear me while I pray,
Take all my guilt away,
Oh, let me from this day
Be wholly Thine!

2. May Thy rich grace impart
Strength to my fainting heart,
My zeal inspire!
As Thou hast died for me,
Oh, may my love to Thee
Pure, warm, and changeless be,
A living fire!

3. While life’s dark maze I tread,
And griefs around me spread,
Be Thou my guide;
Bid darkness turn to day,
Wipe sorrow’s tears away,
Nor let me ever stray
From Thee aside.

4. When life’s swift race is run,
Death’s cold work almost done,
Be near to me.
Blest Savior, then in love,
Fear and distrust remove;
Oh, bear me safe above,
Redeemed and free!
Re: Open Heaven Daily Devotion By Pastor E. A. Adeboye by Julivas(m): 8:23pm On Aug 15, 2017
OPEN HEAVENS BY PST. ENOCH ADEBOYE

WEDNESDAY 16TH AUGUST, 2017

THE KING OF KINGS

MEMORISE:
And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS. Revelation 19:16

READ:
Daniel 4:34-37

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
2 Kings 16-17 & Ezekiel 25:8-26:6

In the New Testament, there are three instances where the title “Kings of kings” was used. In each of these three instances, it was used along with the title “Lord of lords”. Obviously, the two titles are linked, but they also have their marked differences. The underlying thought of kingship is the exercise of authority, while that of lordship is the exercise of power. A military junta may have the power to overthrow the government of a nation but it lacks the authority to do so, thereby making it an illegitimate government. On the other hand, a policeman can simply use his upraised hand to stop a heavy truck. He is able to achieve this by the authority vested in him, which is well recognized by the truck driver. Similarly, kingship, authority and submission always go together. Any edict issued by a king must be expressly obeyed. Refusal to comply is interpreted as civil disobedience, anarchy or rebellion. It is important to note here that from eternity past, Jesus has continuously reigned in majestic splendour as the only Potentate, the King of glory and the Lord of all (1Timothy6:15).
When Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea, angels celebrated and worshipped Him as King (Hebrew 1:6, Luke 2:10-14). He grew up, lived among the people and went about doing good: healing the sick, delivering those oppressed by the devil, and spreading the good news of the kingdom. Yet, at His triumphant entry into Jerusalem, only those who believed in Him cried, Hosanna, blessed is the King that comes in the Name of the Lord” (John 12:12-13). A day also came that Jesus was presented to His own people by Pontius Pilate saying, “Behold your King!” The people however responded with great roar, “Away with him, crucify him.” He was therefore crucified with a crown of thorns on His head (John 19). Thereafter, He died, rose from the dead and was received into Heaven. Very soon, He is coming back again. This time, He is not coming with a crown of thorns on His head but with many glorious crowns, and He will rule the nations of the earth with a rod of iron in His hands. He is returning in power and glory to establish His Kingdom on earth, covered with glory and accompanied by the hosts of Heaven’s armies. His title shall be boldly written upon His clothing and on His thigh: “KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS”. While we are waiting for the appearance of the soon-coming King, let us totally submit to His authority and acknowledge His Lordship over our lives. We must worship His majesty and offer Him the sacrifice of praise. Let us bow down before the throne of the everlasting King in total adoration of His royal majesty. All hail the King of glory. Hallelujah!

ACTION POINT:
Worship God as the King of kings, and live your life in submission to Him

HYMN 3:

Refrain:
Then sings my soul, My Savior God, to Thee,
Then sings my soul, My savior God, to Thee,

And hear the brook, and feel the gentle breeze.
Refrain

Refrain

Refrain
Re: Open Heaven Daily Devotion By Pastor E. A. Adeboye by Julivas(m): 10:42pm On Aug 16, 2017

THURSDAY 17TH AUGUST, 2017

EVERLASTING FATHER

MEMORISE:
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty. Revelation 1:8

READ:
Isaiah 9:6-7
6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
2 Kings 18 & Ezekiel 26:7-18

A father is the male personality among the two parents from whom children originate. Parents are uniquely linked to their children by blood, and they are the source of the fundamental and distinctive characteristics of their children. This special connection is responsible for the usual display of filial affection between parents and their children. There is a kind of deep love, compassion, dedication, trust, respect, devotion and loyalty that usually exist in the relationship between parents and their children that may not exist in other forms of relationships. Furthermore, good fathers are known to provide leadership, protection, provision, discipline, spiritual guidance, and emotional stability for members of their family. Obviously, mothers are equally important and their role as parents and leaders in the family cannot be overemphasized. However, under normal circumstances, the balance of a family is usually maintained by its organization around a father-figure. This is why homes without a father tend to become dysfunctional families. I therefore pray that God will restore all broken homes, support all single parents, and rebuke death in our families in the Name of Jesus.
Meanwhile, there is a Father of fathers that can do far more that any earthly father. He is the ever present one who can never die. He is called the Everlasting Father in Isaiah 9:6. Through this Name, the Holy spirit is indicating to us that all those who trust in God and yield to the Lordship of Jesus Christ will never be without a Father. Because Jesus is the Everlasting Father, true Christians can enjoy all the benefits of divine fatherhood unhindered for eternity. When the storms of life rage or when you are overwhelmed by difficult circumstances, you can safely trust in the love and support of the Everlasting Father. When poverty, failure, sickness or death stares you in the face, just call upon the Everlasting Father and your night will be turned to day. If you are out of tune with your Creator, if you are perpetually living under the influence of any power that is beyond your control, if your life is upside down and you are desperately looking for a way out, then I have good news for you. Jesus is the Everlasting Father with compassion for His children. He pities His children and shelters them with His love (Psalm 103:13). His mercy endures forever and you can anticipate His forgiveness with joy. Above all, these benefits are yours to enjoy for eternity, if only you surrender your life to Him. I decree to every troubled soul that is reading this devotional, receive the intervention of the Everlasting Father now in the Name of Jesus.

ACTION POINT:
Pray that the Everlasting Father will heal every broken home and dysfunction in your family and local church.

HYMN 3:

Refrain:
Then sings my soul, My Savior God, to Thee,
Then sings my soul, My savior God, to Thee,

And hear the brook, and feel the gentle breeze.
Refrain

Refrain

Refrain

1 Like

Re: Open Heaven Daily Devotion By Pastor E. A. Adeboye by Ibukunore06: 4:15am On Aug 17, 2017
��� *LET US PRAY* ���

.. _*THURSDAY, August 17, 2017*_

*PRAYER POINTS* :- _EVERLASTING FATHER_.

1. *THANKSGIVINGS* .

2. *INTERCESSIONS/SUPPLICATIONS.*

3. *PRAYERS FROM OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL.*

----- Father, I thank you because *YOU ARE THE EVERLASTING FATHER.*

---- Father, I thank you for saving me and for the salvation of my soul.....

*_-----Father, please Let Your praise be continually in my mouth. in Jesus’ Name_*

-----Everlasting Father, please heal every broken home in our local Church, in Jesus' Name........

----- Everlasting Father, please heal every dysfunction in my family and every other family in local assembly, in Jesus' Name........

----- Everlasting Father, please rebuke premature death in our families, in Jesus' Name........

-----Everlasting Father, today, please shower your mercy and compassion into my life, in Jesus' Name........

-----Everlasting Father, from today, please grant unto me the grace not to lose touch with you in Jesus' Name........

4. *PERSONAL PRAYERS REQUESTS:*
-- (John 16:23 - 24,
-- LUKE 18:1,
-- MATT 7:7 - cool......

---- FATHER, I thank you for the answers, for in *JESUS' MIGHTY* Name I have Prayed......

1 Like

Re: Open Heaven Daily Devotion By Pastor E. A. Adeboye by Julivas(m): 10:19pm On Aug 17, 2017

FRIDAY 18TH AUGUST, 2017

THE CROWN OF RIGHTEOUSNESS

MEMORISE:
And when the chief Shepherd shall appear, ye shall receive a crown of glory that fadeth not away.
1 Peter 5:4

READ:
2 Timothy 4:7-8
7 I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:
8 Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
2 Kings 19-20 & Ezekiel 26:19-27:9

In several passages of Scripture, the Christian life is compared to being engaged in a sporting activity, particularly the analogy of running a race. In other to finish strong like Apostle Paul did, we need to pay close attention to these analogies and apply their lessons to our Christian life. 1 Corinthians 9:24-26 makes it clear that everyone that participates in a race does so for the purpose of winning. It also says that winning requires serious training and perseverance. Furthermore, this passage states that, of the many participants in the race, only one person emerges as winner. 2 Timothy 2:5 reveals that you must play according to the rules and regulations of the game to be declared the winner. From Hebrew 14:1-3, we understand that we must have our minds set on the reward in order to endure the rigours and pains of training. 2 Timothy 2:4 says athletes must observe a disciplined, controlled, and regimented lifestyle like soldiers while preparing for a competition. You need to measure your Christian life by these analogies to know how well you are faring in the race of Heaven. You should not be satisfied with just being a Christian who enjoys the support and encouragement of the spectators only; your ultimate goal should be to make it to Heaven and receive the crown of righteousness. You should be prepared for rigorous training in the word of God, and persevere through the process of sanctification. Like the eagle, you should take the flight towards heaven as a personal endeavour and ignore the multitude. You must strictly obey every detail in the word of God without reservation. Your mind must be fixed on the crown of righteousness and the glory that awaits the saints in Heaven, so that you can finish your course in this world with joy. Furthermore, you must submit yourself to the discipline, control and regimented lifestyle described in the word of God and as directed from time to time by your divinely appointed coach: the Holy Spirit.
The crown of righteousness is something of value promised to every Christian that would serve God faithfully in this world and endure the persecution and tests of faith that comes with following Jesus Christ. This crown is meant for those who would joyfully accept discipline and training in righteousness, those who will remain obedient to the word of God regardless of the dictates of popular culture, and soul winners determined to sacrifice everything in order to make Heaven. I hereby pray for everyone who is earnestly looking forward to eternal life, that you will not lose your crown in Jesus’ Name.

PRAYER POINT:
Father, please help me to pay the price of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus, and help me make it to Heaven in Jesus’ Name.

HYMN 14:
1. Take my life and let it be
Consecrated, Lord, to Thee.
Take my moments and my days,
Let them flow in endless praise.

2. Take my hands and let them move
At the impulse of Thy love.
Take my feet and let them be
Swift and beautiful for Thee.

3. Take my voice and let me sing,
Always, only for my King.
Take my lips and let them be
Filled with messages from Thee.

4. Take my silver and my gold,
Not a mite would I withhold.
Take my intellect and use
Every power as Thou shalt choose.

5. Take my will and make it Thine,
It shall be no longer mine.
Take my heart, it is Thine own,
It shall be Thy royal throne.

6. Take my love, my Lord; I pour
At Thy feet its treasure store.
Take myself and I will be
Ever, only, all for Thee.
Re: Open Heaven Daily Devotion By Pastor E. A. Adeboye by Julivas(m): 10:47pm On Aug 18, 2017

SATURDAY 19TH AUGUST, 2017

VICTORY THROUGH THE BLOOD OF JESUS

MEMORISE:
And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death. Revelation 12:11

READ:
Exodus 12:21-23

For various reasons, the battle of life has proved to be of tremendous difficulty to mankind in every generation. First and foremost, the enemy is often difficult to identify correctly, coming in different forms and sizes. Sometimes, the enemy comes in the form of human opposition, criticism and antagonism, and other times, in the form of physical challenges and obstacles. The enemy also comes as natural occurrences which one would expect to naturally fade away with time, but down the line, such occurrences metamorphose into serious problems. The battles of life can come to us through a human agent in the most subtle but wicked manner and it can take the form of a dramatic open challenge. At the onset of every battle of life, its spiritual dimension is not usually obvious. However, the Bible teaches that there is a spiritual dimension to every battle. Ephesians 6:12 says,
“For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.”
As a child of God, although the enemy of our soul may look intimidating, don’t be frightened by his visage or his history of destruction. Instead, focus on the truth of God’s word that reveals him as a conquered foe (Hebrew 2:14, Luke 10:18-19). This is the high standpoint of the Christian faith. This is the only ground on which a child of God should meet the devil and his agents. We are overcomers! The element and resources of our victory clearly supersede the resources of our wicked foes. The element of our victory is the blood of Jesus, and the weapon of our warfare is the word of God. The battle cry in our conflict with the devil should always be the words of today’s memory verse. You must continuously resist the devil with the words of this scripture and believe its declaration in your heart. You cannot confront the devil and his agents with human wisdom, scientific inventions, philosophy, or ethical principles; rather, confront them with the blood of Jesus Christ, which signifies the seal of our victory in the Lord. Always remember that the battle is not ours but the Lord’s. At the beginning of this conflict with the devil in the Garden of Eden, it was prophesied that the seed of the woman will bruise the head of the serpent. Jesus is the seed of the woman! Christians must enter the battle of life with the confidence that the Lord is fighting for us, and that we are simply following His banner and claiming victory in His Name. Let us praise and worship the Almighty God who has granted us victory through the Blood of Jesus.

PRAYER POINT:
Father, please completely destroy the works of the devil in my life and in Your Church in the Name of Jesus.

HYMN 2:
1. What a friend we have in Jesus,
All our sins and griefs to bear!
What a privilege to carry
Everything to God in prayer!
Oh, what peace we often forfeit,
Oh, what needless pain we bear,
All because we do not carry
Everything to God in prayer!

2. Have we trials and temptations?
Is there trouble anywhere?
We should never be discouraged—
Take it to the Lord in prayer.
Can we find a friend so faithful,
Who will all our sorrows share?
Jesus knows our every weakness;

3. Are we weak and heavy-laden,
Cumbered with a load of care?
Precious Savior, still our refuge—
Do thy friends despise, forsake thee?
Take it to the Lord in prayer!
In His arms He’ll take and shield thee,
Thou wilt find a solace there.

1 Like

Re: Open Heaven Daily Devotion By Pastor E. A. Adeboye by Onos866: 10:46am On Aug 19, 2017
*God Bless His Word*

_At the onset of every battle of life,_ _*its spiritual dimension is not usually obvious.*_

_However, the *Bible* teaches that there is a spiritual dimension to every battle._
*Ephesians* 6:12 says,

*_“For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.”_*

_So alot of times we normalize things that as potentials of destroying our lives._

_We need *spiritual intelligence* to recognize time, seasons and differences._

_Though :_
*We are overcomers*
*We are victorious*
*We've conquered*

The element of our victory is the *blood of Jesus* , and the weapon of our warfare is the *word of God.*

_*Enforcing* the *Finished* work of Jesus on the *Cross*_

Jesus never said "I Am Finished" He said "It Is Finished"

Have A Blessed Day.

1 Like

Re: Open Heaven Daily Devotion By Pastor E. A. Adeboye by Julivas(m): 9:02pm On Aug 19, 2017

SUNDAY 20TH AUGUST, 2017

THE GREAT VIRTUE

MEMORISE:
And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity. 1 Corinthians 13:13

READ:
1 Corinthians 13:1-3
1. Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
2 Kings 23 & Ezekiel 27:26-28:10

“The Lord hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.”
Jeremiah 31:3
Love is a decision of commitment that is expressed as a strong feeling of affection and attraction. Based on God’s nature and actions, the Scripture gives us insight into the source, character and value of love. The Bible teaches that God is the source of love and that His very character is love. If you have ever been deeply in love with someone to the point of obsession, you will discover that you may lose your appetite and forget to eat because of that person (Song of Solomon 5:2-cool. Your mind will become occupied with nothing else but that person. The object of your love is the last thing you think of when you go to bed and the first thing you think of when you wake up. Love involves the totality of a person’s thoughts, feelings and actions. Love is a central theme of the Christian faith and is a primary characteristic of God’s nature.
“Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment."
Matthew 22:37-38
The first object of our love should be God. We are enjoined to love God with all our heart, soul and mind. Indeed, you need to understand the love of God for you before you can appreciate what true love is. Having received the love of God, God expects you to reciprocate His love by worshiping Him in truth and by showing His love to others. The love of God was manifested on the cross of Calvary. Jesus, with these words, revealed the extent of God’s love for us in John 3:16:
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
Out of love, God gave His only begotten Son as the ultimate sacrifice for the salvation of humanity. He then commanded every one of us that has received His love to reciprocate it by loving one another (1 John 4:7-cool. The Bible makes it very clear that the proof of love is its expression through actions, especially actions that are taken in the interest of others. Children of God should never be identified with envy, hatred, pride, selfishness, or any form of wickedness. These vices are contrary to God’s nature in us. As Christians, we must always radiate the love of God with meekness, kindness, patience, peace and joy.

PRAYER POINT:
Father, please fill my heart with Your love, so that Your love may flow through me to others.

HYMN 18:
1. Onward, Christian soldiers, marching as to war,
Christ, the royal Master, leads against the foe;
Forward into battle see His banners go!

Refrain:
Onward, Christian soldiers, marching as to war,

2. At the sign of triumph Satan’s host doth flee;
On then, Christian soldiers, on to victory!
Hell’s foundations quiver at the shout of praise;
Brothers, lift your voices, loud your anthems raise.
Refrain:

3. Like a mighty army moves the church of God;
Brothers, we are treading where the saints have trod.
We are not divided, all one body we,
One in hope and doctrine, one in charity.
Refrain:

4. Onward then, ye people, join our happy throng,
Blend with ours your voices in the triumph song.
Glory, laud, and honor unto Christ the King,
This through countless ages men and angels sing.
Refrain:
Re: Open Heaven Daily Devotion By Pastor E. A. Adeboye by Julivas(m): 7:32am On Aug 22, 2017
OPEN HEAVENS BY PST.ENOCH .A. ADEBOYE

TUESDAY 22nd AUGUST,2017

THE CHURCH OF GOD I

MEMORISE:
And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church, Which is his body, the fullness of him that filleth all in all. Ephesians 1:22-23

READ:
2 Thessalonians 1:1-12

The Church is a body of saints being prepared as the Bride of Christ to be married to Him at His second coming (Ephesians 5:25-27). It is also a spiritual body of which Jesus Christ is the Head (Colossians 1:18). The Church of God is the meeting place of God and man, created as a means of uniting all people with God and with one another. The manifold wisdom of God, His mysteries, His nature, character and his attributes are revealed through His Church. Among all of God’s creatures, He did not find any of them worthy to be His dwelling place: a place of His rest. God cherishes His Church so much that He showers much care on her, and through her, He spreads Himself across the face of the earth.
In Matthew 16:18, the Lord decreed that the gates of hell shall not prevail against His Church; consequently, the Church of God is served by the ministry of angels (Hebrews 1:14). It is the only institution on earth that angels pay attention to as a matter of duty. The angels of God dote on His Church and admire her beauty (1 Peter 1:12). It is the only institution on earth which angels take interest in, and every bit of progress that the church makes in this world brings joy to them and cause them to celebrate (Luke 15:7). If you have not given your life to Christ, you can cause the angels of God to rejoice today by accepting Jesus as your Lord and personal Saviour, thereby becoming a member of the body of Christ, which is the Church. As a member of the Church of God, you are expected to continually express your love for God in worship and practical service, which includes enduring hardness, afflictions and tribulations for the sake of God’s Kingdom. Always remember that Christianity is not bread and butter alone. Despite all the good promises of God to you, Jesus, in John 16:33b, also says to you,
“In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.”
God’s attention is focused on His Church, and as a result, the devil can never prevail against you. However, you must learn to endure afflictions, and you must confidently confront evil. You must not be ashamed or afraid of witnessing Jesus. Always be mindful of the fact that the Holy Spirit is in you and the angels of God are at your service wherever you go.

PRAYER POINT:
Father, in Jesus’ Name, please give me the grace to endure hardship, afflictions and tribulations for the sake of Your Name.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 Chronicles 1-3 & Ezekiel 28:25-29:9

HYMN 14:

Every power as Thou shalt choose.

6. Take my love, my Lord, I pour
Re: Open Heaven Daily Devotion By Pastor E. A. Adeboye by Julivas(m): 9:48am On Aug 24, 2017

THURSDAY 24TH AUGUST, 2017

THE CHURCH OF GOD III

MEMORISE:
That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish. Ephesians 5:27

READ:
Ephesians 1:1-4

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 Chronicle 6-7 & Ezekiel 30:5-19

The Church of God is a living entity that thrives upon the life of God. The life of Jesus circulates freely through His church, just as blood flows through the human body. The Church of God feeds on heavenly food, which is the word of God, breathes the atmosphere of heaven, which are the commandments and principles that guide her operations, and thrives on the life of God that flows through her vein, which is the Holy Spirit. By implication therefore, the primary qualities and attributes of God automatically become the primary characteristics and nature of His Church.
In Isaiah 6:3b, the primary quality and nature of God is announced in this proclamation from Heaven:
“…Holy, holy, holy, is the LORD of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory.”
For this reason, today’s Bible reading declares that the Church of God was chosen by God to be holy and without blame before Him in love. Holiness is the moral excellence of God that unifies His attributes and is expressed through His actions. The Bible presents holiness as a nature that includes moral purity, separation from evil and a devotion to God’s glory. God is Holy, His Name is Holy, His words and everything about Him is Holy. As a result, in the Old Testament, the place of worship, the altar, the priests and the people had to be sanctified and made Holy before rendering service to God (Exodus 29:44). To be dedicated to God’s service, we also in this new dispensation must be set apart from the evil and sins of this world. Hebrews 10:22 says,
“Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.”
God’s holiness provides a pattern for His people to emulate (1 Peter 1:16). Holiness simply means separation from sin and devotion to God (2 timothy 2:19). As a child of God, sin should not have dominion over you (Romans 6:14). You are expected to make holiness your lifestyle by walking in the fear of God always (2 Corinthians 7:1). To this end, Colossians 3:5a says, “Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth;”
This means you should put to death or destroy everything that is carnal in you, using the sword of the Spirit (Hebrew 4:12). It means your heart should continually be cleansed from carnality, using the water of God’s word. Even though you are genuinely born again, your body still has passions, desires and appetites that must be allowed to break out beyond their legitimate bounds in the Lord. Be holy, and be sanctified!

PRAYER POINT:
Father, grant me grace to keep myself under the control of Your Holy Spirit in Jesus’ Name.

HYMN 6:
Daily let me go;
More of grace to know.

Refrain:
Oh, deeper yet, I pray,
And higher every day,
And wiser, blessed Lord,

Take me deeper still,
And His perfect will.
Refrain:

3. Deeper, higher, every day in Jesus,
Till all conflict past,
Finds me conqueror, and in His own image
Perfected at last.
Refrain:

4. Deeper, deeper in the faith of Jesus,
Holy faith and true;
In His power and soul exulting wisdom
Let me peace pursue.
Refrain:
Re: Open Heaven Daily Devotion By Pastor E. A. Adeboye by Julivas(m): 4:48pm On Aug 24, 2017

FRIDAY 25TH AUGUST, 2017

THE UNPROFITABLE SERVANT

MEMORISE:
“And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes.” Luke 12:47

READ:
Matthew 25: 24-30

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 Chronicle 8-10 & Ezekiel 30:20-31:9

An unprofitable servant is generally identified as a steward that fails to put his or her talents to profitable use for his or her master. He or she is a wasteful person who is pleased to keep the master’s investment from yielding any profit. Among all the servants mentioned in the Bible, it was only the unprofitable servant that had the disrespectful behaviour of complaining and bringing charges against his lord. He had the audacity to accuse his master to his face of being a difficult and greedy person, wanting to reap where he did not sow! He created the impression that his master had all along been wicked, unfair and insensitive. Although the unprofitable servant tried to portray himself as a humble and obedient servant, he ended up giving himself off as self- righteous person, who had mastered the art of making excuses to cover up for slothfulness and failure. Trying to justify himself, he falsely argued that he became indolent and unproductive out of fear for his master. He forgot that a master’s commandment is a servant’s duty. As a matter of fact, a servant always owes a debt of service to his or her master (Luke 17:7-10). The unprofitable servant tried so hard to justify himself but he failed woefully. God is not mocked; the excuses you have prepared to use on the Day of Judgment will not stand the test of His scrutiny.
Brethren, every excuse that we give for failure to obey the commandments of God with regards to the use of our talents is simply evidence of rebellion against God. The excuse that the unprofitable servant gave is the common plea of many Christians today, who complain that the Almighty God has no right to demand for the use of their time, money and ability for the promotion of His Kingdom. If you fail to put your God-given talents to profitable use, on the day of reckoning, you will hear the denunciation pronounced against the unprofitable servant: “Take therefore the talent from him!” I pray that you will never receive words of condemnation from God in Jesus’ Name. Many would ask, “What wrong have I done?” Search your heart. Have you fixed your Lord’s money in huge deposits and savings accounts, or tied up His investment in properties, exotic cars, exclusive furniture and an expensive lifestyle, all the while leaving souls to perish in their sins? Do you prefer to bury your talents out of selfishness because you care more about yourself and less about God and the expansion of His Kingdom? Have you deliberately refused to put God’s endowments in your life to profitable use; thereby causing the benefits and profits due to God and man to be totally lost? To be commended by the Master, we need to repent of our selfish lifestyle and yield to God in complete obedience.

PRAYER POINT:
Father, please give me the grace to serve You profitably to the end in Jesus’ Name.

HYMN 14:
*Take my moments and my days,

Every pow’r as Thou shalt choose.

Re: Open Heaven Daily Devotion By Pastor E. A. Adeboye by Julivas(m): 11:02pm On Aug 25, 2017

SATURDAY 26TH AUGUST, 2017

THE REWARD OF PROFITABLE STEWARDSHIP

MEMORISE:
And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. Revelation 22:12

READ:
Matthew 25:14-23

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 Chronicle 11-12 & Ezekiel 31:10-18

Christianity entails total submission to the will of God as revealed in His word. A Christian must view God as the ultimate Owner of everything, who decides to delegate and distribute a certain measure of His resources to each and every person according to their ability, for the purpose of making profit. In reality, all that we own isn’t really ours; they are blessings that have been graciously bestowed on us by the Lord (John 3:27). For all that God has given to us, there’s an expectation that comes along with them. The word “stewardship”, summarises this arrangement. A steward is a special servant employed to oversee and manage the affairs of the household according to the dictates of the owner. He or she is simply a servant who has been entrusted with the authority to make decisions on behalf of his or her master. All purchases pertaining to the running of a household are made by the steward. Even some very important decisions are made by the steward. For example, Abraham entrusted his steward, Eliezer of Damascus, with the crucial responsibility of choosing a wife for his son Isaac (Genesis 24:2-4). A true Christian operates under the same dynamics today. As a steward over the heritage of God, you should be able to operate without supervision. Everything you do should be done as unto the Lord. You should make certain that the resources you are entrusted with are put to proper use for God and not for personal gain. As God’s steward, you should do everything to ensure that the Lord’s resources are carefully deployed to accomplish His agenda. A steward is a trustworthy ambassador that sometimes stands in the place of God to make decisions and take action that could have far-reaching effects on people’s lives. Christian stewardship is therefore an awesome responsibility that should be handled with utmost care. May you never mishandle your responsibility as a representative of the Almighty God in Jesus’ Name.
God has very important assignments He wants to execute in this world, and He has entrusted some of these into your hands. One of such assignments is the Great Commission (Matthew 28:19-20). God has chosen you as His primary tool to accomplish this awesome task, and He has appointed and equipped you to carry His message of salvation to those who are lost in sin. You must therefore take up this responsibility and fulfil the heartbeat of God. In conclusion, here in this world, there are innumerable benefits awaiting all obedient servants of God. However, the most important reward for profitable stewardship is to be a guest of Jesus at His marriage supper, and to stand before God’s throne to receive commendation and crown of life from the Master. You will make it in Jesus’ Name.

PRAYER POINT:
Father, help me to be worthy of the ultimate reward for profitable stewardship in Jesus’ Name.

HYMN 14:
*Take my moments and my days,

Ever, only, all for Thee
Re: Open Heaven Daily Devotion By Pastor E. A. Adeboye by Julivas(m): 10:58pm On Aug 26, 2017

SUNDAY 27TH AUGUST, 2017

DON’T RESIST; RUN!

MEMORISE:
For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's. 1 Corinthians 6:20

READ:
2 Timothy 2:22-23
22 Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart.
23 But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 Chronicle 13-15 & Ezekiel 32:1-15

While it is important for you to admit your mistakes with a sorrowful heart, it is also important that you learn from these mistakes. Ask yourself: “How did I get here? What did I do wrong? How could I have avoided this outcome?” To live a triumphantly in this world you need to pay very close attention to what the word of God says and follow it to the letter. 1 Peter 5:8-9 says you should steadfastly resist the devil, so if you resist, but do not steadfastly resist, you will surely fall. On the other hand, in 1 Corinthian 6:18, we are commanded to flee fornication. In this case, God does not require resistance from you, but that you should take to your heels! If you then try to resist instead of running, you will surely fall. Similarly, 2 Timothy 2:22 says,
“Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart.”
Clearly, there is a time to stand and a time to run. If you stand when you should run, you will most likely fall.
Sometime ago, I told male pastors not to have female secretaries, but some of them who thought they were wiser than I, called it gender discrimination. I told them that after they had become casualties of their wrong decisions, they would remember that I had earlier warned them. One of my very good sons, who knew the Bible very well, hired a female secretary. I asked him, “What are you doing? How can you be in the same office with this lady smiling at you? Eventually, you will end up working late with her. Go and ease her out.” He dragged his feet on this. Today, this same person is out of the ministry, out of his home and jobless. If not that he lives in a country where the government provides food for the jobless, he would have starved. Some leaders are still toying with danger. Some piglets once asked the mother pig, “Why are you always grunting?” the mother pig replied, “When you are as old as I am, you will know why.” Avoid any source of temptation! Resist when you should and run when you should. Some people take it as an act of cowardice to run from those they feel sexually attracted to. No! It is not cowardice, it is wisdom! God knows how he wired your body, so if He says you should run in a particular situation, please run for your dear life!

ACTION POINT:
The Bible has the antidote to every situation; apply it diligently and you will never fall

HYMN 6:
Daily let me go;
More of grace to know.

Refrain:
Oh, deeper yet, I pray,
And higher every day,
And wiser, blessed Lord,

Take me deeper still,
And His perfect will.
[Refrain]

Deeper let me go!
Let me fruitful grow.
[Refrain]

Till all conflict past,
Perfected at last.
[Refrain]

Holy faith and true;
Let me peace pursue.
[Refrain]
Re: Open Heaven Daily Devotion By Pastor E. A. Adeboye by Julivas(m): 6:15pm On Aug 27, 2017

MONDAY 28TH AUGUST, 2017

BUILDERS FOR GOD

MEMORISE:
Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye steadfast, unmovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord. 1 Corinthians 15:58

READ:
Nehemiah 2:1-8

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 Chronicle 16-18 & Ezekiel 32:16-28

A builder is a person who is capable of handling the design, planning and construction of a building project. A builder is obligated to execute a building project in compliance with the specification of the blueprint he or she has been given. Throughout the Bible, terms like building, foundation, house, temple, building block and cornerstone, are used figuratively. For example, the Bible presents God as a Builder in Hebrew 11:10, while 1 Corinthians 3:11 presents the Christian faith as a building which has Jesus Christ as the foundation. Consequently, ministers of the gospel are co-builders with God and also builders (1Corinthians 3:9). Similarly, the duties and responsibilities of a minister of God can be compared to that of a builder in many ways. A builder should be a wise person who is skilled in the art and science of construction. Likewise, a minister of the gospel should be skilled in the art of building souls of men. No ignorant preacher should be given this sensitive assignment. A builder takes special care to lay the right foundation and select the right materials to make the building well suited for the foundation. In like manner, a minister of God must be mindful of the material they use in building the Church of God. Christ is our Living Foundation who requires the use of living stones for building the Church (1 Peter 2:5-6). Sometimes, a builder must first pull down an old structure and remove the resultant debris before laying a new foundation. Ministers of the gospel must all pull down every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, and remove the debris of many errors, indiscipline, false doctrines and damnable heresies.
There is an aspect of the building profession that involves creativity and craftsmanship. By these set of skills, much beauty, innovation, artistry, colour and style is achieved in a building project. Similarly, the introduction of creative ideas into various aspects of the work of the gospel has produced enviable results across the world. However, caution must be applied because the Bible views certain creative works as whitewashed sepulchres (Matthew 23:27). The decision to accept or reject any creative work is not driven by the work itself, but is determined by the spirit that motivates the worker. Fine craftsmen can prostitutes their talents by producing beautiful idols. The Church of God is a work in progress and every Christian is duty-bound to make their contributions in compliance with the blueprint of Jesus and according to God’s specifications. Let everyone take heed and watch how they build on the foundation of Jesus Christ!

PRAYER POINT:
Father, please don’t let me suffer loss in life and ministry; let my efforts and contributions to the advancement of the gospel be rewarded in Jesus’ Name.

HYMN 14:

Re: Open Heaven Daily Devotion By Pastor E. A. Adeboye by Julivas(m): 6:23pm On Aug 28, 2017

TUESDAY 29TH AUGUST, 2017

CHOSEN FOR DIVINE PURPOSE

MEMORISE:
But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvelous light;
1 Peter 2:9

READ:
Acts 17:24-31

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 Chronicle 19-21 & Ezekiel 32:29-33:9

Many Christians interpret today’s memory verse with the notion that God favors some individuals or groups of people over others. This idea eventually developed into the doctrine of “Election”, which suggest that some people are predestined for salvation and others for damnation. Consequently, this doctrine of election has raised a lot of difficult questions in the minds o several people. Why should a just and loving God favor certain individuals or groups of people over others? Why should a loving God command the elimination of some people without mercy? A proper and diligent study of the Bible would lay these questions to rest permanently. Even a cursory look at the word of God shows clearly that God is good to all. He is not partial; neither is He a respecter of persons (Acts 10:34).
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” John 3:16
The above scripture makes it clear that Jesus was given for all men and woman from all nations on the face of the earth, and anyone who believes in Him will obtain salvation. Therefore, those with warped interpretations of Scriptures that present our God in bad light, all in the name of “theology”, are not speaking the mind of God. Through the manifestation of Jesus Christ, the whole world, without exception, stands before God with equal opportunity and access to the grace, mercy, favor and love of God. Romans 10:13 says,
“For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
No matter who you are, you can come to Jesus with boldness and He will never reject or turn you down. The statement in 1 Peter 2:9 is therefore absolutely correct for everyone who has accepted the Lordship of Jesus Christ over their lives. If you are one of such people, you can say with certainty that you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, and a member of a holy nation. You are specially chosen to live in holiness and righteousness, to show forth the glory of God in all ramifications of life, and to live in good health, joy and peace. Since you have been chosen for divine purpose, I pray that you will surely fulfill your destiny in Jesus’ Name.

ACTION POINT:
Thank God for who you are in Christ Jesus as revealed in 1 Peter 2:9. Confess each of the titles that describe your standing in Christ in this verse on Scripture.

HYMN 8:
Great is thy faithfulness, O God my father
There is no shadow of turning with Thee
Thou changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not
As Thou hast been, Thou for ever will be

Refrain
Great is thy faithfulness
Great is thy faithfulness
Morning by morning new mercies I see
All I have needed thy hand hath provided
Great is thy faithfulness, Lord unto me

Summer and winter, and springtime and harvest
Sun, moon and stars in their courses above
Join with all nature in manifold witness
To thy great faithfulness, mercy and love
Refrain

Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth
Thine own dear presence to cheer and to guide
Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow
Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside.
Refrain
Re: Open Heaven Daily Devotion By Pastor E. A. Adeboye by Julivas(m): 9:23pm On Aug 29, 2017

WEDNESDAY 30TH AUGUST, 2017

SURE AVENUES TO COMFORT

MEMORISE:
For whatever things were written before were written for our learning, that we through the patience and comfort of the Scriptures might have hope. Romans 15:4

READ:
Romans 15:4-5
4 For whatever things were written before were written for our learning, that we through the patience and comfort of the Scriptures might have hope.
5 Now may the God of patience and comfort grant you to be like-minded toward one another, according to Christ Jesus,

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 Chronicle 22-24 & Ezekiel 33:10-20

We are blessed to have a God that does not desert those who belong to Him. In Hebrew 13:5, God promised never to leave nor forsake His own. The divine presence of the Great Shepherd strengthens His sheep, so much so that they entertain no fear. If you are His sheep, He is always with you; even when you cannot feel Him. Do you know that in those moments when it appears as if God has gone on a journey, He is much more around you than you can imagine? When He promised to be with us always, He was not joking (Matthew 28:20). Are you a sheep of the Great Shepherd? Are you feeling lonely or does it appear that God has forsaken you? He has not. He is right there by your side. He can hear your voice and your whisper. He can even hear your unvoiced wishes, and He will answer you. However, do everything to remain His sheep. Remain within His fold and shun every temptation to stray to the left or right.
If Jesus is the shepherd of your soul, you will not lack comfort because He has promised to comfort you through His rod and staff (Psalm 23:4). No one can make it through this pilgrim’s way without the comfort of the Great Shepherd. One way we receive comfort today, as followers of Jesus Christ, is through the Holy Spirit. Hence, John 14:16 says,
“And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever.”
When you go through loss or experience some very painful situations, you need the comfort of the Spirit to restore you to a state of peace. The Holy Spirit is so good at this. If however you create a gulf between yourself and the Holy Spirit, how would you then be comforted in the time of need? From experience, the comfort you get from fellow human beings is grossly inadequate. Why? At best, man’s attempt at comforting you may satisfy mainly physical needs, but the comfort of the Holy Spirit can reach out to all areas of need, particularly the realm of the soul. Another way of accessing real soothing comfort is from the word of God. Romans 15:4 says that this kind of comfort does not only deal with the unrest in your heart, but also gives you hope. This is one reason why you should never be far from the Bible. The word of God inspires hope. If you feel hopeless, check yourself; you may find out that God’s word is scarce in your heart. Are you feeling hopeless or in need of comfort? Reach out for God’s word today.

KEY POINT:
One crucial time you need the comfort of the Holy Spirit is when you are passing through a wilderness experience.

HYMN 16:
1. God give us Christian homes!
Homes where the Bible is loved and taught,
Homes where the Master’s will is sought,
Homes crowned with beauty Your love has wrought;
God give us Christian homes;
God give us Christian homes!

2. God give us Christian homes!
Homes where the father is true and strong,
Homes that are free from the blight of wrong,
Homes that are joyous with love and song;

3. God give us Christian homes!
Homes where the mother, in caring quest,
Strives to show others Your way is best,
Homes where the Lord is an honored guest;

4. God give us Christian homes!
Homes where the children are led to know
Christ in His beauty who loves them so,
Homes where the altar fires burn and glow;
Re: Open Heaven Daily Devotion By Pastor E. A. Adeboye by Julivas(m): 12:59am On Sep 01, 2017
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL...

DATE: FRIDAY 1ST SEPTEMBER 2017

THEME: A TARGET OF FORCES?

Memorise:
Thou art snared with the words of thy mouth, thou art taken with the words of thy mouth.
Proverbs 6:2

Read: Genesis 35:16-19
35:16 And theyjourneyed from Bethel; and there was but a little way to come to Ephrath: and Rachel travailed, and she had hard labour.
35:17 And it came to pass, when she was in hard labour, that the midwife said unto her, Fear not; thou shalt have this son also.
35:18 And it came to pass, as her soul was in departing, (for she died) that she called his name Benoni: but his father called him Benjamin.
35:19 And Rachel died, and was buried in the way to Ephrath, which is Bethlehem.

Blessings and curses are two of the most powerful forces on earth, even though they function in opposite ways. When present in any life, either of them can seriously affect the destiny of their recipient. Psalm 37:22 says,
"For such as be blessed of him shall inherit the earth; and they that be cursed of him shall be cut off."
What does this mean? It means that if God blesses you, there is nothing you desire that you cannot get. This is why I am amazed whenever l come across some of my children and they say to me, "Daddy, please pray for me", and when l respond saying "God bless you", they still ask me to further pray for them. I tell such people that l have already prayed the greatest prayer anyone can pray for them, because if God blesses someone, all his or her problems will be over. As a user of this devotional, I say to you, God bless you!
Proverbs 10:22 reveals the power of the blessings that God gives; it says,
''The blessing of the LORD, it maketh rich, and he addeth no sorrow with it."
lf you are blessed of the Lord, you will definitely inherit the earth. You will have all you want. However, if you are cursed by God, you will find out that when God curses a person, that fellow will sooner or later become desolate. What is a curse? A curse is an invitation to all the forces in heaven, on earth and underneath the earth to combine
forces and resources to work against a person, until he or she is completely destroyed. So when an individual is cursed, demons, men, animals and even the elements will work against that fellow. Let us consider the example of Rachel in Genesis 31:31-35. After Jacob served Laban, he finally left to return home. Then came Laban in hot pursuit after Jacob, and he caught up with him. Laban then said to him, "You have taken my two daughters and my cattle, and now you have equally stolen my idols." Jacob denied stealing the idols and said whoever stole them should die. Unknown to him, his beloved wife Rachel had stolen these idols and sat on them. They checked everywhere but the idols were not found. Jacob thereafter left Laban in annoyance. Later on, in Genesis 35:16-19, shortly after delivering her next child, Rachel died. The curse her husband had pronounced eventually worked against her. May you not use your own mouth to undo yourself or members of your family in Jesus' Name!

Key Point:
A curse makes a person the target of negative forces.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:

I Chronicles 28-29
Ezekiel 33:30-34:10

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE

HYMN 6: DEEPER, DEEPER
Daily let me go;
More of grace to know.

Refrain:
Oh, deeper yet, I pray,
And higher every day,
And wiser, blessed Lord,

Take me deeper still,
And His perfect will.
Refrain:

3. Deeper, higher, every day in Jesus,
Till all conflict past,
Finds me conqueror, and in His own image
Perfected at last.
Refrain:

4. Deeper, deeper in the faith of Jesus,
Holy faith and true;
In His power and soul exulting wisdom
Let me peace pursue.
Refrain:
Re: Open Heaven Daily Devotion By Pastor E. A. Adeboye by Julivas(m): 10:51pm On Sep 01, 2017
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL...

DATE: SATURDAY 2ND SEPTEMBER 2017

THEME: IS YOUR CONSCIENCE ALIVE?

Memorise:
Having a good conscience; that, whereas they speak evil of you, as of evildoers, they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your good conversation in Christ. 1 Peter 3:16

Read: 2 Samuel 12:7-14
12:7 And Nathan said to David, Thou art the man` Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, I anointed thee king over Israel, and I delivered thee out of the hand of Saul;
12:8 And I gave thee thy master's house, and thy master's wives into thy bosom, and gave thee the house of Israel and of Judah; and if that had been too little, I would moreover have given unto thee such and such things.
12:9 Wherefore hast thou despised the commandment of the LORD, to do evil in his sight? thou hast killed Uriah the Hittite with the sword, and hast taken his wife to be thy wife, and hast slain him with the sword of the
children of Ammon.
12:10 Now therefore the sword shall never depart from thine house; because thou hast despised me, and hast taken the wife of Uriah the Hittite to be thy wife.
12:11 Thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will raise up evil against thee out of thine own house, and I will take thy wives before thine eyes, and give them unto thy neighbour, and he shall lie with thy wives in the sight of this sun.
12:12 For thou didst it secretly but I will do this thing before all Israel, and before the sun.
12:13 And David said unto Nathan, I have sinned against the LORD. And Nathan said unto David, The LORD also hath put away thy sin; thou shalt not die.
12:14 Howbeit, because by this deed thou hast given great occasion to the enemies of the LORD to blaspheme, the child also that is born unto thee shall surely die.

A true representative of a good family will do everything possible to protect the name of that family. For this reason, Proverbs 22:1 says,
"A good name is rather to be chosen than great riches and loving favour rather than silver than gold."
If you are a worthy child of God, you will do all you can to honour God's Name, and you will never bring it into disrepute. Honouring God's Name goes beyond lip service; God expects you to prove that you honour Him through your actions. In 1 Samuel 17:1-51, David was angry that an uncircumcised Philistine could boldly insult the God of Israel, and yet nobody could do anything about it. He therefore took up the challenge of defending God's Name. What have you done to defend or honour God's Name? In what way has your nation, state, community or even your workplace recognised the Lordship and greatness of God above all other gods because of your presence there? The patriarchs of old were not ashamed to stand for this same God, even at the cost of their lives (Hebrews 11:36-37). But how is it with you today? Are you even ashamed to publicly associate yourself with Jesus Christ, so that your peers and superiors will not look down on you?
If you truly hallow God's Name, then under no circumstance would you defile that Name. When someone looks at you and says, "How could you do this? And you call yourself a child of God!" Those words will go through you like a hot iron if your conscience is alive. If those words were spoken to you because you truly did err from the faith, you would feel pain in your heart, become miserable and feel ashamed of yourself. If indeed your conscience is alive, in such a moment, you would see yourself as a wretched sinner and immediately run to the cross of Calvary for
mercy and forgiveness. If your conscience is however dead, you may not feel a thing and just move on as if nothing ever happened. Is your conscience still alive? Does it warn you before you do any evil? Does it prick you when you sin? In 2 Samuel 11, David and Bathsheba fell into the sin of adultery. By the time Nathan confronted David over this evil act, he felt horrible. He was broken and in pain. God told him that his actions had brought shame and disgrace to His Name (2 Samuel 12:14). David genuinely repented, and God forgave him. At what stage do you realise you have sinned, and what is your response to this realisation?

Prayer Point:
Father, from now on, may I never bring shame to Your Name by my deeds.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
2 Chronicles 1-4
Ezekiel 34:11-24

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE

HYMN 9: ON THE HILL FAR AWAY

1. On a hill far away stood an old rugged cross,
The emblem of suffering and shame;
And I love that old cross where the Dearest and Best
For a world of lost sinners was slain.

Refrain:
So I’ll cherish the old rugged cross,
Till my trophies at last I lay down;
I will cling to the old rugged cross,
And exchange it someday for a crown.

2. Oh, that old rugged cross, so despised by the world,
Has a wondrous attraction for me;
For the dear Lamb of God left His glory above
To bear it to dark Calvary.
[Refrain]

3. In that old rugged cross, stained with blood so divine,
A wondrous beauty I see,
For ’twas on that old cross Jesus suffered and died,
To pardon and sanctify me.
[Refrain]

4. To the old rugged cross I will ever be true;
Its shame and reproach gladly bear;
Then He’ll call me someday to my home far away,
Where His glory forever I’ll share.
[Refrain]
Re: Open Heaven Daily Devotion By Pastor E. A. Adeboye by Julivas(m): 4:23pm On Sep 02, 2017

SUNDAY 3RD SEPTEMBER, 2017

DIVINE ORDER

MEMORISE:
Let all things be done decently and in order.
1 Corinthians 14:40

READ:
2 Thessalonians 3:6-12

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
2 Chronicles 5-6 & Ezekiel 34:25-35:15

Through the Lord's Prayer, we understand that everything that happens in Heaven is nothing short of God's will.

Matthew 6:10 says,
"Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven."
This implies that Heaven is not a place where you go and sin, disobey or do anything that God does not approve of. Heaven is not for haters of God but for those who truly love Him. For this reason, anyone who cannot fit into God's will on earth would not be allowed to pass through the gates of Heaven (Revelation 22:15). To enter into God's place of abode, God expects you to start living the life of Heaven right here on earth. It is possible to achieve this when you give your life to Jesus Christ and allow Him to live His life through you (Galatians 2:20). Therefore, if there is one thing you must do in order to make it to Heaven, it is to fit into God's plan for your life and pursue nothing short of His will, just as Jesus Christ did (John 4:34). lf you cannot walk in His will throughout your lifetime on earth, there is no way for you to get into Heaven.
ln the same vein, it is very important to do things in order. God is a God of order. To do things in order means to follow the format, principles and protocols laid down by a higher authority. There is order and protocol in Heaven. To do well in your race to Heaven, you need to understand and follow this divine order and protocol (1 Chronicles 15:12-13). Although the Bible says there is only one God, it further reveals that this God is in three persons: God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. In John 10:30, Jesus declared that He and His Father are one, and yet while referring to the persons of the Trinity, in Matthew 28:19, He followed a certain order; He said:
"Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:"
When we therefore baptize believers in Christ, it must be done following the order declared by the Lord Himself. We do not say because Jesus Christ has a Name that is above every other name, that the order should be changed to read: God the Son, God the Holy Spirit and God the Father. When you violate the law of order, you violate the will of God. Nothing is done just for fun in Heaven; everything there is done to reflect God's will, law or order. There is a divine arrangement in place in Heaven: God is on His throne, the four living beings come next, and then the 24 elders (Revelation 4:2-6). That is divine order. In serving God, you must do everything decently and in order. How compliant are you in this?

PRAYER POINT:
Father, grant me grace to live by Your principles in this world and to follow Your guidelines in all that I do.

HYMN 14:

Re: Open Heaven Daily Devotion By Pastor E. A. Adeboye by Julivas(m): 8:12pm On Sep 03, 2017
OPEN HEAVENS BY PST. ENOCH ADEBOYE

MONDAY 4TH SEPTEMBER, 2017

ARE YOU RESPONSIBLE?

MEMORISE:
To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately l conferred not with flesh and blood. Galatians 1:16

READ:
Acts 9:1-6

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
2 Chronicles 7-8 & Ezekiel 36:1-15

Salvation is great, but you must ensure you are genuinely saved. After having a definite encounter with the Lord that leads to salvation, there are some signs that will confirm to you that your salvation is genuine. One of these signs is that your emphasis would no longer be on what Jesus can do for you, but what you can do for the Lord. The realisation of how close you were to Hell before God's mercy reached out to save you will birth a heart of gratitude in you the moment you are genuinely saved. You will then feel the urge to serve God wholeheartedly in order to reciprocate His love. Genuine salvation births heartfelt service. If you say you are born again and nothing ever prompts you on the need to work for Jesus, that salvation is questionable. In Acts 9:6, as soon as Saul had an encounter with Jesus on his way to Damascus, he asked the Lord, 'What do you want me to do?" Today, after people say they are saved, they only bombard heaven with their petitions and prayer requests. God will definitely meet your needs, but have you ever said, "Lord, thank You for the salvation of my soul. How can l show my gratitude for Your love? What can I do for the One who loved me and died for me?" If you ask the Lord these questions, He would most probably tell you the same thing He said in Mark 5:19b to the erstwhile mad man of Gadara:
"Go home to thy friends, and tell them how great things the Lord hath done for thee, and hath had compassion on thee."
Genuine salvation makes you more responsible and responsive to God. After I was saved, I wanted to know what I could do for Jesus, because God had opened my eyes to see how close I was to Hell, and He made me realise l was now on my way to Heaven. This is why l find it distasteful to hear that some people who have been saved for three years have never witnessed Jesus Christ to anyone. After I was saved, l could not keep it to myself. I was ready to tell all who cared to listen that I was saved. I was also ready to serve. On one of such occasions, one of my ex-students drove by me and saw me carrying a big basket of sawdust on my head, and he screamed in surprise that his lecturer could be doing that in a church at Ebute Metta, Lagos. The location of our church at this time was like a slum. However, that did not change anything about my desire to serve my Saviour and Redeemer. Does the realisation of the great things God has done for you motivate you to go the extra mile for Him in witnessing and giving? How committed are you to the expansion of God's Kingdom on earth? I urge you to become a responsible member of God's Kingdom today.

ACTION POINT:
As a mark of genuine appreciation for your salvation, lead some souls to Jesus today!

HYMN 14:

Re: Open Heaven Daily Devotion By Pastor E. A. Adeboye by Julivas(m): 5:55pm On Sep 04, 2017

TUESDAY 5TH SEPTEMBER, 2017

DESPERATION GENERATES OVERFLOW

MEMORISE:
And the LORD visited Hannah, so that she conceived, and bare three sons and two daughters. And the child Samuel grew before the LORD. 1 Samuel 2:21

READ:
1 Samuel 1:9-18

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
2 Chronicles 9:10 & Ezekiel 36:16-32

If you have a heart desire which you have asked for, but you are yet to receive it after a long time, it might just be that you are either not yet desperate or you are not desperate enough. The truth is, desperate people break all barriers, respect no decorum and refuse to take 'no' or 'wait' for an answer. In the end, desperate people often even get more than they bargained for, while the non-desperate sometimes barely receive the minimum desire they crave. Hannah's experience serves as an example of what desperation can produce in the life of a person. She was barren and she prayed for the fruit of the womb for several years but nothing happened. Instead, her mate mocked her even more; she then became desperate. In her desperation, she made a vow which provoked her miracle. Although she only asked for one child, her desperation gave her an additional five. She experienced an overflow! If you can take your desperation to the limits, you can get beyond your requests today.
Moreover, desperation can cause you to ask for the impossible. When you are desperate, you are not bothered about processes or possible means. You could ask for what most people will consider difficult, and you will get it. Elisha is a case in point. Elisha was desperate for the power of God, and so when he tendered his request, his master told him he had asked for a hard thing. What did he ask for? He requested a double portion of the Spirit upon his master. Elijah said that was a difficult request, but Elisha got it because he was desperate (2 Kings 2:9-15). How desperate are you? Do you believe God can do all things? Do you really believe that your request will not be difficult for God? Are you sick and trusting God for healing? My God has enough power to heal a whole nation in just one night. When the Israelites were leaving Egypt, none of them was feeble. Speaking about this, the Holy Spirit in Psalm 105:37 said:
"He brought them forth also with silver and gold: and there was not one feeble person among their tribes."
Can you imagine that? These people had been beaten, tortured and bruised; yet, in one single night, all of them were healed! If He can heal a nation in one night, can't He heal your whole family at a go? Yes He can! However, how desperate is your desire for Him to do this? Are you ready to hold on to Him today and say, "Father, if You do not heal me, I won't let You go?" The Lord will visit you today, and your story will change for the best.

KEY POINT:
Desperate people are too hot to handle; even the devil gets out of their way.

HYMN 5:
1. The great Physician now is near,
The sympathizing Jesus;
He speaks the drooping heart to cheer,
Oh, hear the voice of Jesus.

Refrain:
Sweetest note in seraph song,
Sweetest Name on mortal tongue;
Sweetest carol ever sung,
Jesus, blessed Jesus.

2. Your many sins are all forgiv’n,
Oh, hear the voice of Jesus;
Go on your way in peace to heav’n,
And wear a crown with Jesus.
Refrain:

3. All glory to the risen Lamb!
I now believe in Jesus;
I love the blessed Savior’s name,
I love the Name of Jesus.
Refrain:

4. His name dispels my guilt and fear,
No other name but Jesus;
Oh, how my soul delights to hear
The charming Name of Jesus.
Refrain:
Re: Open Heaven Daily Devotion By Pastor E. A. Adeboye by Julivas(m): 8:08pm On Sep 05, 2017
WEDNESDAY 6TH SEPT., 2017
STOP DISHONOURING GOD!
MEMORISE:
Sing forth the honour of his name: make his praise glorious. Psalm 66:2
READ:
1 Samuel 2:27-30
27 And there came a man of God unto Eli, and said unto him, Thus saith the Lord, Did I plainly appear unto the house of thy father, when they were in Egypt in Pharaoh's house?
28 And did I choose him out of all the tribes of Israel to be my priest, to offer upon mine altar, to burn incense, to wear an ephod before me? and did I give unto the house of thy father all the offerings made by fire of the children of Israel?
29 Wherefore kick ye at my sacrifice and at mine offering, which I have commanded in my habitation; and honourest thy sons above me, to make yourselves fat with the chiefest of all the offerings of Israel my people?
30 Wherefore the Lord God of Israel saith, I said indeed that thy house, and the house of thy father, should walk before me for ever: but now the Lord saith, Be it far from me; for them that honour me I will honour, and they that despise me shall be lightly esteemed.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
2 Chronicles 11-13 & Ezekiel 36:33-37:14
“ Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings." Malachi 3:8
In the above passage of Scriptures, God complained about His children, who had suddenly turned into robbers. How can a worker in the Church of God or a minister of God be a thief? How can you claim to be a born-again Christian and keep on stealing? Those who rob God are no ordinary thieves. Boy, such people are really brave! Their victim is not a fellow human being but God Himself. You can be certain that such people are the worst kind of thieves in the universe! Can you imagine that idolaters fear their idols so much that they do everything possible not to break their rules? If anything is dedicated to an idol, who would dare steal it? Yet, these people throw all caution to the wind and steal what is dedicated to the Most High and they expect Him to do nothing about it, because He is a God of mercy. This is bravery gone awry! Are you one of such “holy thieves”? are you defaulting in your tithes and offering?
In the same vein, there are some foolish and ignorant people, particularly in the universities who insult God and Jesus Christ occasionally. I know this because I used to be one of them before I got saved. The opposite of honour is disrespect. If you are not honouring God, it means you’re insulting Him. Everyone who robs God of first fruits dishonours God, and if you dishonour God, you can compel him to change His promises and plan for your life (Proverb 3:9). This was what happened to the house of Eli. Hear what the Lord told Eli in 1 Samuel 2:30:
“...I said indeed that thy house, and the house of thy father, should walk before me for ever: but now the Lord saith, Be it far from me; for them that honour me I will honour, and they that despise me shall be lightly esteemed.”
May the Lord not change His great plan for your life. Do you honour Him? If you refuse to honor God, He will refuse to honour you. If you ignore Him, you will be of no consequence to him. At the end of the day, you will undo yourself by your refusal to comply with divine instructions. Refusal to honour God can turn the desirable into something detestable. It can push the good things of life that were at a person’s fingertips miles away from him or her. Dishonouring God can separate you temporarily or even permanently from your blessings. Have you been paying your first fruits yearly? How often do you honour God?
KEY POINT:
The instruction to honour the Lord is not a suggestion but a command.
HYMN 9:
1. On a hill far away stood an old rugged cross,
The emblem of suff’ring and shame;
And I love that old cross where the Dearest and Best
For a world of lost sinners was slain.
Refrain:
So I’ll cherish the old rugged cross,
Till my trophies at last I lay down;
I will cling to the old rugged cross,
And exchange it someday for a crown.
2. Oh, that old rugged cross, so despised by the world,
Has a wondrous attraction for me;
For the dear Lamb of God left His glory above
To bear it to dark Calvary.
[Refrain]
3. In that old rugged cross, stained with blood so divine,
A wondrous beauty I see,
For ’twas on that old cross Jesus suffered and died,
To pardon and sanctify me.
[Refrain]
4.To the old rugged cross I will ever be true;
Its shame and reproach gladly bear;
Then He’ll call me someday to my home far away,
Where His glory forever I’ll share.
(Refrain]
Re: Open Heaven Daily Devotion By Pastor E. A. Adeboye by Julivas(m): 10:43pm On Sep 06, 2017
THURSDAY 7TH SEPT.,2017
A MOTIVATED MINDSET
MEMORISE:
“So shall the knowledge of wisdom be unto thy soul: when thou hast found it, then there shall be a reward, and thy expectation shall not be cut off.” Proverbs 24:14
READ:
Haggai 1:12-15
12 Then Zerubbabel the son of Shealtiel, and Joshua the son of Josedech, the high priest, with all the remnant of the people, obeyed the voice of the Lord their God, and the words of Haggai the prophet, as the Lord their God had sent him, and the people did fear before the Lord.
13 Then spake Haggai the Lord's messenger in the Lord's message unto the people, saying, I am with you, saith the Lord.
14 And the Lord stirred up the spirit of Zerubbabel the son of Shealtiel, governor of Judah, and the spirit of Joshua the son of Josedech, the high priest, and the spirit of all the remnant of the people; and they came and did work in the house of the Lord of hosts, their God,
15 In the four and twentieth day of the sixth month, in the second year of Darius the king.
Some people attend big Christian events for the sake of tradition, while some others attend because certain people are coming there. A crowd will often gather whenever there is an assembly where Jesus is present. If you attend such gatherings because of the crowd - just to belong or to show that you are current - you may not receive your desired blessings. In Mark 5:24-34, a crowd gathered around Jesus Christ on His way to Jairus’ house. For many of them, it was enough that they were in the crowd following Jesus, but right there in their midst, there was a woman who was not there because others were there; she was there because she so needed and desired to touch Jesus. She was determined in her heart that if only she could touch the hem of His clothes, she would receive her healing. She touched it and she was healed. That is what a motivated mindset can do. The Bible says she “came in the press behind”. She did not mind if people trampled on her, and she did not mind the pushing and shoving of the crowd; her singular focus was that she just had to touch the hem of the Master’s garment, no matter what it would take. To understand how motivated she was, you need to try getting to the front of a crowd from behind.
Moreover, another person who had a motivated mindset was Zerubbabel. Today’s Bible reading shows that when you have a focused mindset like Zerubbabel did, it will stir you up to take action. A motivated mindset fills your heart with conviction that you are overdue for a breakthrough, thereby ushering you into your desired blessing. For instance, when the man who was paralyzed from the neck downwards was brought to Jesus, it was not for flimsy reasons (Mark 2:1-12). His friends felt he was overdue for a breakthrough, and so on their arrival, when the door was blocked off and there was no feasible way in through the window, they created a way through the roof. When you believe you are already overdue for a breakthrough, you will be compelled to take violent steps towards attaining your expectation. You will not care about the crowd, traditions or the need to socialize. You will not care about who is first, second or next to be attended to on a queue. All that fills your mind is that you are the next beneficiary of God’s mercy. Where do you stand now? Are you overdue for promotion, success, breakthrough, deliverance or prosperity? If you are, let your conviction on this drive you into your miracle. Such a belief has a way of motivating you to take actions that will trigger your blessing. It shall be well with you this season!
KEY POINT:
While the expectation of the righteous are granted, those without expectations will have nothing.
HYMN 7:
1. O Jesus, I have promised
To serve Thee to the end;
Be Thou forever near me,
My Master and my Friend;
I shall not fear the battle
If Thou art by my side,
Nor wander from the pathway
If Thou wilt be my Guide.
2. Oh, let me hear Thee speaking
In accents clear and still,
I dare not trust my judgment:
Thy way shall be my will;
Oh, speak to reassure me,
To hasten or control;
Oh, speak, and help me listen,
Thou Guardian of my soul.
3. O Jesus, Thou hast promised
To all who follow Thee
That where Thou art in glory
There shall Thy servant be;
And Jesus, I have promised
To serve Thee to the end—
Oh, give me grace to follow,
My Master and my Friend.
4. Oh, let me see Thy footprints,
And in them plant mine own;
My hope to follow duly
Is in Thy strength alone;
Oh, guide me, call me, draw me,
Uphold me to the end;
And then in Heav’n receive me,
My Saviour and my Friend.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Romance With Female Gospel Singer, Sinach Crashed Oyakhilome’s Marriage / 10 Things The Bible Wants U To Know In This Recession Time. / Bishop Emma Isong To Buhari: "Confess Your Sins To Nigerians To Win Second Term"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 337
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.