Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,180 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:08 AM

Steps To Starting Your Blog - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Steps To Starting Your Blog (4847 Views)

What Issues Are You Facing Starting Your Own Web Design Agency? / The Ultimate Guide To Starting A Web Design Business / Proven Steps To Starting A Successful Blog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Steps To Starting Your Blog by sainttobs(m): 6:47pm On Apr 21, 2017
In recent times, blogging has become a major source of making money online. For this reason everyone is joining the train so as not to be left behind. Blogging is very useful to getting your products, business or services out to the public. Through blogging you can reach several millions of people on the internet.
If you are considering creating a blog either for personal use or for business purpose this article is for you.
Before we go into the steps for creating your own blog we would like to look at some of the advantages of having a blog.
• It helps promote your business or brand
• It helps in creating an online reputation for yourself
• It also serves as a source of Income.
Steps in Starting Your Blog
• Deciding on the Niche for your blog: This is the first and most important step in blogging. You have to decide carefully what you want to blog about. Choosing the right niche for your blog is very crucial to the success of your blog.
• Hosting: Before your blog can go online you need to host it. There are several free hosting services such as blogger and wordpress. As a beginner you can start with free hosting and later move your blog to a paid hosting service. There are lot of good and reliable hosting companies in Nigeria on which you can host your blog for a small fee.
• Buying your Custom Domain: If you use a free hosting service your URL will look like this www.yourname..com or www.yourname. . This doesn’t look professional and most people don’t take blogs with such URL seriously. Hence if you are serious about blogging you should look at buying a custom domain. When you buy a custom domain your URL looks like this www.yourname.com . Buying a domain name is very cheap and easy there are lots of reliable domain name sellers in Nigeria where you can get a domain name for as low as N1500
• Designing your blog: Now that your blog is online you can try designing it using the various themes provided or if you are good at programming you can design your own custom theme or buy one for a fee.
• Improving your traffic: The next step in Blogging is improving your traffic and building your audience. Every blogger wants to have a blog with millions of monthly viewers but it takes a lot of time, energy and dedication to achieve this.
• Monetizing your blog: This is the dream of every blogger. A lot of people make their living through blogging; you too can. It takes a lot of time and practice to make your blog produce a steady cash flow.
These are the most important steps necessary to build a successful blog. If you have any questions or opinions you can drop them in the comment section
http://www.9jatechguru.com.ng/2017/04/steps-to-start-your-blog.html

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Steps To Starting Your Blog by ipreach: 8:19pm On Apr 21, 2017
Nice steps

I can Design blog/website for you

Call/WhatsApp 080-6021-8705
Re: Steps To Starting Your Blog by sainttobs(m): 10:01am On May 09, 2017
busybrain123:
Nice one... Please review my blog for me www.mytechmore..com
Looks like you havent posted anything on it.
Re: Steps To Starting Your Blog by busybrain123(m): 10:49am On May 09, 2017
sainttobs:
Looks like you havent posted anything on it.
Check the blog again ...I already have many post on it
Re: Steps To Starting Your Blog by ipreach: 1:56pm On May 09, 2017
i can design a blog for you 080.60.21.87.05
Re: Steps To Starting Your Blog by Laple0541(m): 7:22am On May 11, 2017
ok
Re: Steps To Starting Your Blog by bestspoke: 7:22am On May 11, 2017
sainttobs:
[s] In recent times, blogging has become a major source of making money online.[/s] For this reason everyone is joining the train so as not to be left behind. Blogging is very useful to getting your products, business or services out to the public. Through blogging you can reach several millions of people on the internet.
If you are considering creating a blog either for personal use or for business purpose this article is for you.
Before we go into the steps for creating your own blog we would like to look at some of the advantages of having a blog.
• It helps promote your business or brand
• It helps in creating an online reputation for yourself
• It also serves as a source of Income.
Steps in Starting Your Blog
• Deciding on the Niche for your blog: This is the first and most important step in blogging. You have to decide carefully what you want to blog about. Choosing the right niche for your blog is very crucial to the success of your blog.
• Hosting: Before your blog can go online you need to host it. There are several free hosting services such as blogger and wordpress. As a beginner you can start with free hosting and later move your blog to a paid hosting service. There are lot of good and reliable hosting companies in Nigeria on which you can host your blog for a small fee.
• Buying your Custom Domain: If you use a free hosting service your URL will look like this www.yourname..com or www.yourname. . This doesn’t look professional and most people don’t take blogs with such URL seriously. Hence if you are serious about blogging you should look at buying a custom domain. When you buy a custom domain your URL looks like this www.yourname.com . Buying a domain name is very cheap and easy there are lots of reliable domain name sellers in Nigeria where you can get a domain name for as low as N1500
• Designing your blog: Now that your blog is online you can try designing it using the various themes provided or if you are good at programming you can design your own custom theme or buy one for a fee.
• Improving your traffic: The next step in Blogging is improving your traffic and building your audience. Every blogger wants to have a blog with millions of monthly viewers but it takes a lot of time, energy and dedication to achieve this.
• Monetizing your blog: This is the dream of every blogger. A lot of people make their living through blogging; you too can. It takes a lot of time and practice to make your blog produce a steady cash flow.
These are the most important steps necessary to build a successful blog. If you have any questions or opinions you can drop them in the comment section
http://www.9jatechguru.com.ng/2017/04/steps-to-start-your-blog.html

Good write up...But have your own source of income before delving into blogging so you won't run bankrupt at the end...It is not as easy as it is preached...white hat bloggers are crying atm.

2 Likes

Re: Steps To Starting Your Blog by godwinstringed1(m): 7:24am On May 11, 2017
Who has a blog for sake please

The blog must have been generating income
Re: Steps To Starting Your Blog by j4sure(m): 7:25am On May 11, 2017
good
Re: Steps To Starting Your Blog by Partnerbiz(f): 7:26am On May 11, 2017
Pls isnt blogging saturated?
Re: Steps To Starting Your Blog by Aare2050(m): 7:28am On May 11, 2017
K
Re: Steps To Starting Your Blog by Slai1: 7:29am On May 11, 2017
Incite full, @op.
Thanks
Re: Steps To Starting Your Blog by Partnerbiz(f): 7:29am On May 11, 2017
If blogging na all these people posting fake info to get traffic i no dey blog..
Re: Steps To Starting Your Blog by misterV(m): 7:33am On May 11, 2017
busybrain123:

Bro work on your blog is not showing in opera
Re: Steps To Starting Your Blog by Nobody: 7:42am On May 11, 2017
Rush in rush out , thats blogging ,90% of blog online are either inactive or are failing
Re: Steps To Starting Your Blog by Nobody: 7:44am On May 11, 2017
it can not be ,so u will be sucessful if u have action plan . The problem we have here is lack of team work , everyone of us wants to own a blog ,
instead of teaming up to get it done
Partnerbiz:
Pls isnt blogging saturated?
Re: Steps To Starting Your Blog by Nobody: 7:44am On May 11, 2017
you'll be frustrated more than Buhari if you start a blog because of money..

THATS THE PLAIN TRUTH

1 Like

Re: Steps To Starting Your Blog by lovely8(m): 7:50am On May 11, 2017
Nice write up..
Re: Steps To Starting Your Blog by Toluabigr8(m): 7:50am On May 11, 2017
become a VIRTUAL assistant for any bet company,work from home and earn 1000per hour call me +2347064351328
Re: Steps To Starting Your Blog by busybrain123(m): 8:10am On May 11, 2017
misterV:

Bro work on your blog is not showing in opera
Alright thanks for the info...I will work on it now
Re: Steps To Starting Your Blog by vitality22(m): 8:20am On May 11, 2017
ipreach:
Nice steps

I can Design blog/website for you

Call/WhatsApp 080-6021-8705
How much will it cost to design a blog for me
Re: Steps To Starting Your Blog by lakes99: 8:23am On May 11, 2017
nice piece
However, for your blog design/redesign.
Chat me up via the numba on my signature.
Re: Steps To Starting Your Blog by ipreach: 8:42am On May 11, 2017
vitality22:

How much will it cost to design a blog for me

Contact me via whatsapp
Re: Steps To Starting Your Blog by Senipapa(m): 8:51am On May 11, 2017
Who knows the difference between a USA, UK and Nigerian adsense, cos I am currently using a UK adsense and my earning is so low compared to when I was using a U.S adsense, and my views and clicks haven't dropped rather it's on the increase.
Re: Steps To Starting Your Blog by elobig81(m): 9:10am On May 11, 2017
what's the diff BTW blog site and web site?can I blog with my phone? and add pictures? does one need computer knowledge for blogging?
Re: Steps To Starting Your Blog by Simitrendy: 9:12am On May 11, 2017
busybrain123:

nice blog, is it a free one and can you give me a link to create one?
Re: Steps To Starting Your Blog by Orina(m): 9:17am On May 11, 2017
Check out this design

http://thepostexpress.com

I can help make yours
Re: Steps To Starting Your Blog by busybrain123(m): 9:24am On May 11, 2017
Simitrendy:
nice blog, is it a free one and can you give me a link to create one?
Yea it's free..
Do you want a blog like that?
I can help you
Re: Steps To Starting Your Blog by busybrain123(m): 9:26am On May 11, 2017
elobig81:
what's the diff BTW blog site and web site?can I blog with my phone? and add pictures? does one need computer knowledge for blogging?
Yes you can...but when trying to edit your template that's when you will need PC..

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

7 Ways To Improve Your Blogs Success / Over 72,000 Tumblr Posts Migrate To Wordpress After Yahoo Acquisition. / Google Adsense Banned Me After I Was Balanced $12,285k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.