Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,298 members, 7,819,001 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

Obasanjo Has Spoken At Last - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Has Spoken At Last (2159 Views)

Just In : The Oracle Has Spoken....about Biafra!!! / Obasanjo Has "Finished" Amaechi And Ngige / Breaking News: IBB Has Spoken (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo Has Spoken At Last by jimmysho(m): 11:19am On Jan 04, 2010
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has advised the international community not to use the case of Nigerian jet bomb suspect, Umar Abdulmutallab, to criminalise Nigerians.

Obasanjo made this known after a church service held at Chapel of Christ The Glorious King, located within the expansive complex of the Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library, Abeokuta, Ogun State, on Sunday.

He lamented that the incident was linked to the son of a man he described as a “specimen of a good man,” and offered his sympathy to the suspected terrorist’s parents.

The former president, however, noted that since Abdulmutallab’s failed attempt to blow up a Delta-Northwest Airlines on Christmas Day did not represent Nigeria’s relationship with the United States, it would be illogical for the international community to use such as a standard to judge Nigerians or their orientation.

He said, “Well, my reaction is that he should not be used as a standard to judge Nigerians or in fact to criminalise all Nigerians. I sympathise with his father, particularly, and his family; because I know the father very well. His father is what I will call a specimen of a good man; he’s a gentleman, who wants the best for his children.”

Obasanjo, who noted that such deviant behaviour could be found in any large family, added that the incident should be a lesson to all parents and their wards.

He said, “This one should be an aberration. And in any large family, you have children with deviant behaviour. He just turned out to be like that.

“It’s a pity and also it’s a good lesson for all parents and all children. If, as a child, you do not listen to your parents, anything can happen.”

The former president, who is the founder of the church, had in his sermon submitted that but for the love of God, Nigeria would have ceased to exist, calling on Nigerians to continue to pray for the country.

Obasanjo said, “Let 2010 be a year of fulfillment for Nigeria. We shall continue to pray for Nigeria. If not for God, Nigeria would have ceased to exist. Let us continue to pray, to make the country a great country in Africa.”
Re: Obasanjo Has Spoken At Last by chidichris(m): 11:47am On Jan 04, 2010
obasanjo makes more sense when he does not talk than when he does.
the issues in nigeria has revealed that those obasanjo called good men are the main criminals in the country examples of the good men in the eyes of obasanjo are, chris and andy uba, late adedibu, tony annenih, fani kayode, borrishade, bode george(now in jail) just to mention but a few.
if he is calling the father of this terrorist a good man, then we have to think twice.
why has obasanjo decided to speak on terrorism leaving the issue of our vaccant aso rock and thereby putting the lives of over 150 million nigeria on a standstill?
the big fat old fool is always interested in pleasing the international communities rather than the nigerian populace.
Re: Obasanjo Has Spoken At Last by jimmysho(m): 11:47am On Jan 04, 2010
when yeradua cant someone else has to and it has to be the man who is well respected in the diplomatic circles
Re: Obasanjo Has Spoken At Last by jimmysho(m): 11:50am On Jan 04, 2010
he is been cereful not to seen as shopping for a replacement for yeradua.

he speaks to those that value his words more
Re: Obasanjo Has Spoken At Last by chidichris(m): 12:15pm On Jan 04, 2010
he is been cereful not to seen as shopping for a replacement for yeradua.

he speaks to those that value his words more

those who value his words more are the same ppl who told him to change his behaviour towards the niger delta.
they are the same people who told him that his selection(election) that brought yar adua to power was fraudulent.
they are the same ppl who are telling the world that every nigerian is a criminal including himself.
i wonder if u watched his show of shame on hardtalk while he was in london.we are full of pretence.
if he is not shopping for replacement for yar adua, what then has he been doing?
Re: Obasanjo Has Spoken At Last by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jan 04, 2010
What does OBJ mean?

"We" are therrorists jo! By "we", I mean "Nigerians".

I just checked a dictionary, one of the definitions of TERROR or TERRORISM" is thus:

[i[b]]"Violent action or threat of violent action that is intended to cause fear, usually for political purposes".[[/b]/i]

1. When Akaluka's head was seperated from his body, put on a spike and paraded on the streets of Kano on the fact that he was the one met at home, when the Jihardists came for a woman who used a torn Koran to clean up her baby, that was terrorism.
2. All the frequent blood lettings by the Jihardists, are nothing but acts of therorism.
3. Has OBJ forgotten the Miss World voilence?
4. The Odi tragedy was it not an act of terrorism?
5. Another name for Niger Delta Militants is Terrorists.
6. The shooting to death of dozens of armed-less and defence less MASSOBIANs by the Nigerian police was nothing but terrorism.
7. The PDP came to power through terrorism.

8. Somebody should please tell OBJ, that what he did in Anambra State through pawns like Chris Uba and his stooge Andy Uba were all acts of terrorism.

Terrorism has been part and percel of the fraud called Nigeria and as a matter of fact, TERRORISM is the only thing that is "keeping" Nigeria "one"; else, let us have a free and fair referendum on the "ONe Nigeria" and let us see the outcome.

What you can tell me is that "Nigerians are not international terorists", but "thank God" our status is thus elevated: the "sharp" Mutalab has changed all that: Our terrorism nature has gone international.

Nobody should cry! Nobody should complain.

Remember this poem?

When the Nazis came for the communists,
I remained silent;
I was not a communist.

When they locked up the social democrats,
I remained silent;
I was not a social democrat.

When they came for the trade unionists,
I did not speak out;
I was not a trade unionist.

When they came for the Jews,
I did not speak out;
I was not a Jew.

When they came for me,
there was no one left to speak out.
Re: Obasanjo Has Spoken At Last by Gaco(f): 12:50pm On Jan 04, 2010
I hate this. Why can't this man just shut up & hide himself.
Obj advising Nigerians to pray? - Wonders shall neva end!
That man should thank his stars that I'm not God,

[quote author=noblezone link=topic=375525.msg5245433#msg5245433 date=12626

Terrorism has been part and percel of the fraud called Nigeria and as a matter of fact, TERRORISM is the only thing that is "keeping" Nigeria "one"; else, let us have a free and fair referendum on the "ONe Nigeria" and let us see the outcome.

What you can tell me is that "Nigerians are not international terorists", but "thank God" our status is thus elevated: the "sharp" Mutalab has changed all that: Our terrorism nature has gone international.

[quote][/quote]

LOL! Nice analysis but I'm not a terrorist. I guess u're referring to our leaders & Militants.
Re: Obasanjo Has Spoken At Last by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jan 04, 2010
Gaco:

LOL! Nice analysis but I'm not a terrorist. I guess u're referring to our leaders & Militants.

Of course Gaco, you are not a terrorist. Yet on the other hand, if Nigeria is now a "terrorist" nation, what does that make Nigerians? This is the point some of us have been making; some people are above the laws of the land. The other day, some god-father Jihardists proposed that Sharia is superior to the consitution of Nigeria. While our governors are "immuned" against the law, our law-breakers (excuse me; law makers) are pushing to be also immuned.

Gaco, you are not 419 but introduce yourself as Nigerian and you will be addressed as a fraudster. It is a shame.
Re: Obasanjo Has Spoken At Last by heilige(m): 1:40pm On Jan 04, 2010
Make that old man go sitdon somewhere. He don fail 9ja.
Re: Obasanjo Has Spoken At Last by otokx(m): 3:09pm On Jan 04, 2010
Did i read that he is the founder of that church?
Re: Obasanjo Has Spoken At Last by otawa: 3:14pm On Jan 04, 2010
Obasanjo said, “Let 2010 be a year of fulfillment for Nigeria. We shall continue to pray for Nigeria. If not for God, Nigeria would have ceased to exist. Let us continue to pray, to make the country a great country in Africa.”

Mr Obasanjo never stops with his CRAPS.

Yaradua may be dead/alive, slow or whatever; atleast, he spare us from protraying himself as 'Holy-Man'

Obasanjo, who noted that such deviant behaviour could be found in any large family, added that the incident should be a lesson to all parents and their wards.

This could be the reason why Mr Obasanjo was 'f**king his wife's son.

His words are useless. Only a fool listen to such man!
Re: Obasanjo Has Spoken At Last by jaso1(m): 3:20pm On Jan 04, 2010
@ Otanwa,
Not only did you speak the fact but you also proof your intelligent. If one is rejected in his family, friends, community and his country  where else would the person go?
Re: Obasanjo Has Spoken At Last by stiyke(m): 3:31pm On Jan 04, 2010
noblezone:

What does OBJ mean?

"We" are therrorists jo! By "we", I mean "Nigerians".

I just checked a dictionary, one of the definitions of TERROR or TERRORISM" is thus:

[i[b]]"Violent action or threat of violent action that is intended to cause fear, usually for political purposes".[[/b]/i]

1. When Akaluka's head was seperated from his body, put on a spike and paraded on the streets of Kano on the fact that he was the one met at home, when the Jihardists came for a woman who used a torn Koran to clean up her baby, that was terrorism.
2. All the frequent blood lettings by the Jihardists, are nothing but acts of therorism.
3. Has OBJ forgotten the Miss World voilence?
4. The Odi tragedy was it not an act of terrorism?
5. Another name for Niger Delta Militants is Terrorists.
6. The shooting to death of dozens of armed-less and defence less MASSOBIANs by the Nigerian police was nothing but terrorism.
7. The PDP came to power through terrorism.

8. Somebody should please tell OBJ, that what he did in Anambra State through pawns like Chris Uba and his stooge Andy Uba were all acts of terrorism.

Remember this poem?

When the Nazis came for the communists,
I remained silent;
I was not a communist.

When they locked up the social democrats,
I remained silent;
I was not a social democrat.

When they came for the trade unionists,
I did not speak out;
I was not a trade unionist.

When they came for the Jews,
I did not speak out;
I was not a Jew.

When they came for me,
there was no one left to speak out.

Please let them know.
Re: Obasanjo Has Spoken At Last by microgiant: 3:34pm On Jan 04, 2010
jimmysho:

The former president, who is the founder of the church, had in his sermon submitted that but for the love of God, Nigeria would have ceased to exist, calling on Nigerians to continue to pray for the country.

otokx:

Did i read that he is the founder of that church?

My bro nothing we no go see and hear for 9ja, them say even satan dey go church, but now no be only church him dey go, him don dey found church too.  really endtimes don reach 9ja oo grin
Re: Obasanjo Has Spoken At Last by redsun(m): 7:54pm On Jan 04, 2010
jimmysho:

when yeradua cant someone else has to and it has to be the man who is well respected in the diplomatic circles

Who but shameless sycophants respects a mass killer and a terrorist like obasanjo?
Re: Obasanjo Has Spoken At Last by chidyke77(m): 9:15pm On Jan 04, 2010
who is obasanjo?
Re: Obasanjo Has Spoken At Last by chidichris(m): 10:12pm On Jan 04, 2010
soon, i mean very soon, in fact, very very soon, obj will become a pastor and ppl will go worship in that church.
such a morally dead pig mounting the alter to preach.
wow, God is such a patient God.
a man who cld sleep with his son's wife preaching? what can such a dirty man be preaching to others?
who is sure that he has not gone mad? a man who wasted more than two villages preaching? where is even the spirit of bola ige?
fela is really dead.
instead of wasting my time listening to obj preach, i will dedicate my time to listening to kere wawa kere wa by zulezu.
it is obvious that the blood of the innocent ppl is now taking over his life.
Re: Obasanjo Has Spoken At Last by Depilot(m): 3:33am On Jan 05, 2010
Some of us are obviously frustrated and hopeless; a very very bad and deadly combo. This combination seems to place us in the darkness of no return.

Hey, Obasanjo is not my cup of tea, but I must give him this one. Yes, he has been very quiet lately, he has done all of us wrong and he's still the bully of all time, but I think he got this one right.
He came out at the right time to say the right thing.

It is sad that our stupidity as citizens has placed most of us into an absurd state of mind, to the point that basic thinking is now very challenging.
It is ok to hate the man, it is ok to criticize the man, it is even fine to stone the man, but we must not allow the past to take away from the future. Obasanjo has done the right thing. He was very prudent during this speech and I think he nailed it (for a minute I thought Babangida was the one that made the speech).

Obasanjo has my kudos for the first time for making this courageous move at this time. Let us hope that this will rub off to other old thieves in our country.
Re: Obasanjo Has Spoken At Last by Pifa: 4:12am On Jan 05, 2010
Depilot:

Some of us are obviously frustrated and hopeless; a very very bad and deadly combo. This combination seems to place us in the darkness of no return.

Hey, Obasanjo is not my cup of tea, but I must give him this one. Yes, he has been very quiet lately, he has done all of us wrong and he's still the bully of all time, but I think he got this one right.
It is ok to hate the man, it is ok to criticize the man, it is even fine to stone the man, but we must not allow the past to take away from the future. Obasanjo has done the right thing. He was very prudent during this speech and I think he nailed it (for a minute I thought Babangida was the one that made the speech).

Obasanjo has my kudos for the first time for making this courageous move at this time. Let us hope that this will rub off to other old thieves in our country.

Well said, but I REALLY like the part about stoning OBJ!  cheesy
Re: Obasanjo Has Spoken At Last by chrisical(m): 4:21am On Jan 05, 2010
Wetin the old man dey talk sef?
Re: Obasanjo Has Spoken At Last by chiozor: 8:39am On Jan 05, 2010
whether we like or not, Obasanjo epitomises the modern Nigeria, at least he is fully responsible for keeping us as one united country. he may have his fault, but I can bet my salary that no Nigeria President has beat his records of achievement.
Re: Obasanjo Has Spoken At Last by Nobody: 8:40am On Jan 05, 2010
Depilot:

It is sad that our stupidity as citizens has placed most of us into an absurd state of mind, to the point that basic thinking is now very challenging.

May be I am among the frustrated!
May be I am stupid!
May be the state of my mind is absurd!
May be "basic thinking" (what ever that means) is now very challenging to me.
May be I hate OBJ!
May be I like to critisize him!
Maybe be I'll like to stone him!

Yet, I am not "allowing the past to take away the future".

Rather, I am stating that we must learn from our past, else we have no future!
For OBJ to deny the young Mutallab is an over kill!. Terrorism has been part and percel of this great fraud of a nation. Our national leaders are terrorists (please check the definition again). The party of the Government of the day is a terrorist haven; remember, Soyinka called them " a nest of killers". High profiled, cold blooded and politically motivated murders like that of Bola Ige, A.K Dikibo, Marshal Harry, etc were carried out by terrorists.

Those who used gun to cease power at the federal government like; Nzeogwu, Gowon, Buhari, IBB, Abacha, Murtala, Dimka and all their cronies were/are all terrorists.

Civilians who use gun, bomb and matchet to "win" elections are all terrorists. "Do or Die" politics are only carried out by terrorists.

In summary, OBJ is a terrorist! He should have acknowledged the fact that "we" are terrorists, but that "we" dont play on the international scene.

Now, please do us a favour: ask OBJ to simply go to Otta farm, keep quite and "enjoy" his loot before a new breed terrorists like the young Mutallab remembers him.
Re: Obasanjo Has Spoken At Last by jimmysho(m): 11:36am On Jan 05, 2010
noblezone:

In summary, OBJ is a terrorist! He should have acknowledged the fact that "we" are terrorists, but that "we" dont play on the international scene.

Now, please do us a favour: ask OBJ to simply go to Otta farm, keep quite and "enjoy" his loot before a new breed terrorists like the young Mutallab remembers him.

[center]am not disputing the fact that the old man has his hand full of fault (act of terrorism as claimed) but if he keep quite, is it your voice that people want to hear?[/center]
Re: Obasanjo Has Spoken At Last by Nobody: 11:47am On Jan 05, 2010
jimmysho:

[center]am not disputing the fact that the old man has his hand full of fault (act of terrorism as claimed) but if he keep quite, is it your voice that people want to hear?[/center]

There are others who can speak for us and the international community might pay attention.

People like Wole Soyinka, Chinua Achebe can be of great help here.

But come to think of it, nobody should be suprised at the decision of the US (and any other of their allies like the UK); they have been looking for an opportunity to axe Nigeria and this is just it.

Form the internal terrorism (in the name of election) that brought Yar'adua to Aso Rock, to activities of the Jihardists in the North, to the irresponsiblity of our government in fighting corruption (Ibori is preferred to Ribadu!), to lack of willingness to properly ensure electoral reforms, to the recent autopiloting of Nigeria (as the President appeared to be missing), Nigeria is already in the black books of the US.

Mind you, the US also knows the roles of OBJ in this debacle. The man should please just shut up.
Re: Obasanjo Has Spoken At Last by jimmysho(m): 12:10pm On Jan 05, 2010
thanks for reminding that we still ve pple like soyinka.

i know we all ve our reservation concerning obj but we should be emotional about it.
Re: Obasanjo Has Spoken At Last by chidichris(m): 12:26pm On Jan 05, 2010

@depilot,
if u are in liberia as indicated on ur id, it is then ok for u to speak the way u did.
i don't care where i fall in ur categories of nigerians or if i fall into all but there are certain realities on ground.
when it comes to terrorism, obj has no moral standard to speak to us or on our behalf. obj was a terrorist and is still one. he killed two villages, he killed bola ige and a host of others so why do u think he is quailified to speak for us?
if someone must speak on our behalf, obj certainly is not the one.
a man who had the gut to sleep with his son's wife is not worthy to preach in a church talkless of speaking on behalf of a country.
the man he imposed on us as president has been missing for the past 40 days with nigerians having no clue on his way about, and he considers silent the best option only to speak on a case of terrorism.
what do u think americans think of obj on the issue of niger delta? what did hilary clinton tell nigeria and nigerians when she visited? who told u americans do not know the real terrorist?
obj called the father of the terrorist a good man and i bet u, no man is good to obj unless u are his type and if obj says any man is good, check him well, he is as dangerious a snake.
where is bode george? the one obj called good man?
Re: Obasanjo Has Spoken At Last by Depilot(m): 1:29pm On Jan 05, 2010
chidichris:

@depilot,
if u are in liberia as indicated on your id, it is then ok for u to speak the way u did.
i don't care where i fall in your categories of nigerians or if i fall into all but there are certain realities on ground.
when it comes to terrorism, obj has no moral standard to speak to us or on our behalf. obj was a terrorist and is still one. he killed two villages, he killed bola ige and a host of others so why do u think he is quailified to speak for us?
if someone must speak on our behalf, obj certainly is not the one.
a man who had the gut to sleep with his son's wife is not worthy to preach in a church talkless of speaking on behalf of a country.
the man he imposed on us as president has been missing for the past 40 days with nigerians having no clue on his way about, and he considers silent the best option only to speak on a case of terrorism.
what do u think americans think of obj on the issue of niger delta? what did hilary clinton tell nigeria and nigerians when she visited? who told u americans do not know the real terrorist?
obj called the father of the terrorist a good man and i bet u, no man is good to obj unless u are his type and if obj says any man is good, check him well, he is as dangerious a snake.
where is bode george? the one obj called good man?

Without any question, you have a point.
Believe me, Obasanjo is not my cup of tea, but sometimes it makes more sense not to judge the evil ones by their past. And I think this is one of those moments when you need someone (anybody) to step up and say the things we all want to say.

We can not continue to neglet the fish because of the black rat.
Re: Obasanjo Has Spoken At Last by redsun(m): 7:12pm On Jan 05, 2010
Why is the press asking an animal like obasanjo a crucial question in the first place?Why don't they continuously bombard him with the questions of what he did with our sixteen billion dollars,supposedly used for the illusive power generations?As well HALLIBURTON?

Obasanjo is a criminal,he has no opinion.Nigerian press is a basket case,just like the police
Re: Obasanjo Has Spoken At Last by rethink: 7:24pm On Jan 05, 2010
@Chidicris

You are insulting our intelligence please quit this. you have no proof to support your statements.
Re: Obasanjo Has Spoken At Last by rethink: 7:26pm On Jan 05, 2010
@Noblezone

Since you call nigeria a fraud. go and look for another Country forum.
Re: Obasanjo Has Spoken At Last by chidichris(m): 7:28pm On Jan 05, 2010
Without any question, you have a point.
Believe me, Obasanjo is not my cup of tea, but sometimes it makes more sense not to judge the evil ones by their past. And I think this is one of those moments when you need someone (anybody) to step up and say the things we all want to say.

We can not continue to neglet the fish because of the black rat.

@depilot,
i ve read someother posts of urs and u are like obsanjo. u make more sense keeping quiet than talking.
ur obasanjo has nothing to offer. he is a failed man. where is the man he imposed on us? he is surposed to tell nigerians the way about of his son - yar adua who left nigeria over 42 days now and he decides to keep quiet. what does he know about bombing? why must he be the one to talk on our behalf? who made him spokes person? be reminded that he does not have value before his own children who he sleeps with their wives so how much more nigerians.
charity must begin at home.
an idiot who openly told nigerians that an election was going to be a do or die affair and look at us today. the consequences of that do or die affairs is what every nigerian is suffering till date.what can such idiot say on our behalf?
an illetrate soldier talking on behalf of a country with millions of professors. who makes him our spo.eeskman.

You are insulting our intelligence please quit this. you have no proof to support your statements.

@rethink,
just point to my statement and i will dowqnload it to u as i don't just talk to talk.
in ur next post, expantiate on the "our intelligence" to enable me know who and who are involved.
Re: Obasanjo Has Spoken At Last by Afam(m): 8:20pm On Jan 05, 2010
When complete clowns like chidichris make blanket statements that are either 100% condemnation or commendation regardless of the facts or scenarios I can understand but when educated join in such I only shake my head and realize that indeed we have a much bigger problem on our hands than earlier imagined.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Giant Of Africa, No Light, Water, Good Road, And Infrastruture Of Anykind / 5 Commissioner Set To Resign / Jonathan Asks Obama To Revisit Terror Blacklist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.