Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,102 members, 7,842,174 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 10:33 PM

Nigeria Classified Amongst 14 Terrorist Nations - CNN - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Classified Amongst 14 Terrorist Nations - CNN (7023 Views)

Troops Dismantle Boko Haram Fuel Terrorist Depot (Photos) / Top 5 most terrorist nations ,Nigeria included / Fg: Nigeria’s Classified Documents Stolen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Classified Amongst 14 Terrorist Nations - CNN by ChapelleS: 7:31pm On Jan 04, 2010
stiyke:

I just read that piece in pointblank news, of course i asked the question y should nigeria be dubbed state sponsor of terrorism? YYYYYYY? I then realised i had to ask myself what is terrorism?? U see its not only when u take a bomb and try to blow souls that u are a terrorist. Terrorism comes from the word terror. pls check the meaning of terror.

Nigerians are constantly under terror of/from their state. so i think they r right. You live in terror of NEPA(PHCN) if u own a business that depend on electric power u will know what i mean, terror of the death traps called roads or highways (please say sincerely that u dont feel the fear when u travel on our roads), terror of police brutality, terror of press freedom, terror of getting ill due to sick hospitals, terror of unemployment, terror of fuel scarcity, terror of , terror of , , terror of, ,

Please complete the list.

Nawa for Naija.
Nigeria should have made the list of "state sponsors of terror" and not in the second group but all said and done we are now among the notorious 14.Good news?

chei,chineke ndi Saudi Arabia zoputa umu gi,anyi na ario gi biko!
Re: Nigeria Classified Amongst 14 Terrorist Nations - CNN by asha80(m): 7:34pm On Jan 04, 2010
Chapelle.S:

Nigeria should have made the list of "state sponsors of terror" and not in the second group but all said and done we are now among the notorious 14.Good news?

chei,chineke ndi Saudi Arabia zoputa umu gi,anyi na ario gi biko!

Ike agwula Chineke n'ihe gbasara nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Classified Amongst 14 Terrorist Nations - CNN by ChapelleS: 7:41pm On Jan 04, 2010
asha 80:

Ike agwula Chineke n'ihe gbasara nigeria.
chineke lee cha anyi anya, ike ga agwu ya,n'ihi na umu mmadu kariri ijeri isi{(i mean billion)ndi onodu ha kariri nke naijiria njo} na ario ya amara na nkeji o bula,o were buru nsogbu anyi bu mmadu ibe anyi butara ya ga bu ihe na agbowa isi. chei.anwuo la mu ooo!
Re: Nigeria Classified Amongst 14 Terrorist Nations - CNN by NIGboi(m): 7:53pm On Jan 04, 2010
America has gotten what they have been waiting for. something to use to arm twist nigeria. well, we have been called all sorts of names before. it doesn't make any difference to the average nigerian anyway.
nigeria - country of interest- , let tem tell us something new, we have always been interesting.
come to think of it,most of these countries of interest have oil.
Re: Nigeria Classified Amongst 14 Terrorist Nations - CNN by montelik(m): 8:30pm On Jan 04, 2010
This is a truly sad and unfortunate development. I am very concerned because once Nigeria makes it unto a bad list, it usually impossible for us to get off (e.g most corrupt, most dangerous). But this has been coming. The truth is our government as well as certain civic organizations attitude to potential terrorism was not adequate. Back around 02/03 when Osama bin laden started making references and including Nigeria amongst nation sympathetic to Al-qaeda  in his speeches and addresses, I wondered why our government and the various muslim societies didn't take the potential for trouble seriously. Any one who knows Osama's history, knows the man doesn't make idle threats. If he was mentioning our name it wasn't just for "show", there was a strong reason why he did that. Instead the reaction was to dismiss the threat as insignificant. Government said that there were no terrorist training camps here so there was nothing to worry about. It is that typical "lukewarm", "siddon look" and "I dey kampe" approach that is causing us trouble now.

Why should the action of one errant misguided boy be causing so much difficulty for over 150 million citizens? After all this is the first and only incidence directly linking Nigeria to any form of international terrorism.The reason is simple. It is the reason why a country like Egypt is not on that list. While the Egyptian government has accepted the potential for terrorist activities within it boundaries and instituted strong counter-measures. We have adopted our usual "fire brigade" approach, only taking action at the last possible moment. It sad to see our name amongst a list of countries that have produced countless terrorists and have long histories of even funding terrorist activity. We shouldn't be on this list but there no compelling reasons why the US should not take precaution.

Facts are that Osama has asserted that Nigeria is among countries sympathetic to his cause (killing Americans & it allies and spreading radical Islam), a terrorist passed through Nigeria's premier international airport with an explosive device, he happens to be a Nigerian citizen, tried to blow-up a plane  and to crown it all has said that there are many others like him (that could mean Nigerians). The realities are that it is only natural that the US government might feel a bit paranoid about a potential threat of Nigerian affiliation, after all Osama himself said he has allies here. Had our government shown more seriousness before by carrying out investigations, increasing security and information gathering in potential vulnerable areas and had the numerous Islamic communities done more than just condemning after the fact, but assisting the government in asserting it seriousness with ensuring there are absolutely no established ties between Nigeria and Al-qaeda this wouldn't have been considered necessary. If our government were responsible there would be no reason why the US wouldn't have had faith in our ability to deal with this issue without resorting to such drastic measures. But look at how we have handled the Niger-Delta, religious conflicts in the North, elections and so many other things.

The reason we are on that list is not because anyone genuinely thinks we are as a bad some the nations that are on it. It is because every body knows that our nonchalant attitude will ensure that we will never address problems until it is too late.
sad
Re: Nigeria Classified Amongst 14 Terrorist Nations - CNN by EmperorOlu: 8:37pm On Jan 04, 2010
Men fxck the USA ,Obama is an asshole, why did the USA not put Britain on the terrorist list when that British guy (reid) tried to bomb a plane with a shoe bomb in 2001?

Typical Americans being racist, it is just because we are a black nation, to hell with them.

They have caused Nigerians more harm than good. I don't care if they put us on a terrorist list, I don’t have any intentions of going to the USA. If one is comfortable where he is what is the person going to USA for? I say it again FXCK the USA.No more ,i will never sit back and let those bastards degrade my country or my people.

Yankie no dey rein again so make dem hold themselves. They should go and sort our their economy and leave Nigeria alone.
Re: Nigeria Classified Amongst 14 Terrorist Nations - CNN by platinumnk(f): 8:41pm On Jan 04, 2010
EmperorOlu:

Men fxck the USA ,Osama is an asshole, why did the USA not put Britain on the terrorist list when that British guy (reid) tried to bomb a plane with a shoe bomb in 2001?

Typical Americans being racist, it is just because we are a black nation, to hell with them.

They have caused Nigerians more harm than good. I don't care if they put us on a terrorist list, I don’t have any intentions of going to the USA. If one is comfortable where he is what is the person going to USA for? I say it again FXCK the USA.No more ,i will never sit back and let those bastards degrade my country or my people.

Yankie no dey rein again so make dem hold themselves. They should go and sort our their economy and leave Nigeria alone.

siddown!!! there is a huge difference than being crazy than having actual ties with al queda lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Nigeria Classified Amongst 14 Terrorist Nations - CNN by MT: 8:43pm On Jan 04, 2010
I'm  a great admirer of US, but this decision was like pushing it too far. I would not have had any objection if UK appears right beside Nigeria on that list. Nigeria have abdumuttalab, UK have Shoe Bomber.

For the first time ever, I'm dissappointed about this decision from Obama lipsrsealed
Re: Nigeria Classified Amongst 14 Terrorist Nations - CNN by NIGboi(m): 9:00pm On Jan 04, 2010
platinumnk:

siddown!!! there is a huge difference than being crazy than having actual ties with al queda lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

sharrap!!! the dude is a nigerian, point taken, but he was trained outside nigeria. he got radicalized outside nigeria (his issues probably started in britain). who says t he briton didn't have ties to a terrorist group? yuo only know what they tell u! its typical american.
Re: Nigeria Classified Amongst 14 Terrorist Nations - CNN by EmperorOlu: 9:03pm On Jan 04, 2010
platinumnk:

Wetin dey worry u? u chop winch ?i call your name? Abi you be one of those people wey dey worship yankie?

omo waka far ,i don pass dat level ,yankie na nothing!
Re: Nigeria Classified Amongst 14 Terrorist Nations - CNN by Horus(m): 9:32pm On Jan 04, 2010
The looting of public funds is Terrorism. Is Nigeria not amongst the 3 first Terrorists nations?
Prove me wrong!!
Re: Nigeria Classified Amongst 14 Terrorist Nations - CNN by NIGboi(m): 9:34pm On Jan 04, 2010
EmperorOlu:

Wetin dey worry u? u chop winch ?i call your name? Abi you be one of those people wey dey worship yankie?

omo waka far ,i don pass dat level ,yankie na nothing!

i call ur name? i was actually talking to platinumk. was not talking to u. what is ur beef? i no dey worship yankee
Re: Nigeria Classified Amongst 14 Terrorist Nations - CNN by EmperorOlu: 10:12pm On Jan 04, 2010
N.I.Gboi:

i call your name? i was actually talking to platinumk. was not talking to u. what is your beef? i no dey worship yankee
oops sorry dude,i was trying to quote platinumk myself,i must have quoted you in error.Sorry about that.You were defending me so there is no reason for me to attack you grin
Re: Nigeria Classified Amongst 14 Terrorist Nations - CNN by otawa: 10:15pm On Jan 04, 2010
the list will be as important as NIGERIANS make it to be.
Re: Nigeria Classified Amongst 14 Terrorist Nations - CNN by 9ijaprince(m): 10:17pm On Jan 04, 2010
This is a sad news. I dont blame them. A country that is on auto pilot. Any body can lay any accusation on us without being challenged.
Re: Nigeria Classified Amongst 14 Terrorist Nations - CNN by NIGboi(m): 10:33pm On Jan 04, 2010
N.I.Gboi:

i call your name? i was actually talking to platinumk. was not talking to u. what is your beef? i no dey worship yankee

yea, we re on the same side here. don't know why most nigerians feel America is the answer to all their problems, so everything america does is good for us.
Re: Nigeria Classified Amongst 14 Terrorist Nations - CNN by trueword: 10:46pm On Jan 04, 2010
The worst thing is that the crooks running nigeria, don't even care. They are too busy thinking about how to loot more public funds. The nigerian name doesn't have any respect internationally, while Britain does. Britain is a U.S. ally so the U.S. will surely not put Britain on that list.

we can't continue to allow these cabals to keep control of the country. Nigerians could get harrassed or murdered and the fed govt. wont do anything. We need people who are looking out for the interest of Nigerians and actually have some kind of conscious. The Nigerian ambassador in the U.S. should have come out forcefully to defend Nigeria or prevent it to be listed as a "country of interest" but he is no where to be found.

There's no slogan the Dora Akunyli can adopt for Nigeria that will magically change the perception of Nigeria around the world. If she is really interested in chaning Nigeria image, she should go to those that she knows that are destroying the country and force them somehow to stop.

The listing of Nigeria as a "country of interest" will affect any investor that is looking to invest in the country and probably others that may want to travel to Nigeria. I wouldn't be surprise if we see foreign soldiers marching in Nigeria to fight the "terrorists" in the near future.
Re: Nigeria Classified Amongst 14 Terrorist Nations - CNN by honeric01(m): 10:51pm On Jan 04, 2010
Wetin concern me. if dem like make dem even put us for number one. na their problem, if you no get thief property, thief no go come dey look for u.
Re: Nigeria Classified Amongst 14 Terrorist Nations - CNN by Eziachi: 11:16pm On Jan 04, 2010
Eventually something has finally come home to roost. Nigeria!! a nation that openly and proudly murdered millions of Biafrans, confiscated their money and belonging and their were street parties in Lagos to celebrate it. That was the foundation of state terrorism by the Nigerian state and his people.
We told you so! that the day the dirty old man that abuses his own children will extend his filty did to other peoples children, that day all his sins, he will pay dearly.

Those thinking that it was just Farouk the bomber alone, better think again, there are many Farouks inside Nigeria, including around their corridors of power.

These Farouks in the 90s beheaded a dear brother "Christopher Akalaluka", stuck his beheaded head on a spike and dance around with it all over the streets of Kano on a false charge that tear up a Koran.

But this time, the normal terror reserved for Ndigbo has gone abroad, so there are no longer, a hiding place. Let us see the proud green passport carriers. The proud ONE NIGERIANAS.
Come on! Show us your patriotism.
This is just the begining, you will all pay for the blood and starvation of millions of Biafrans one way or another.
The chicken has finally come home to roost.
Re: Nigeria Classified Amongst 14 Terrorist Nations - CNN by Dangiwa(m): 11:58pm On Jan 04, 2010
There are terrorist groups, in the following states this is fact not fiction, (Jega, Argungu, Dakingari and Kamba) in Kebbi State, Kontagora, Bida and Rijau in Niger State, Gusau, Talata Mafara, Gummi, in Zamfara State, Sokoto city, Illela, Tangaza, Sabon Birnin,Gwadabawa and Bodinga all in Sokoto State, funtua, Misau, Jibia all in Katsina state, Zaria and Kaduna city in Kaduna State, Kano city, Dutse city Nguru and potiskum, in yobe state and maiduguri city.
Pls note that the listed above city or are core terrorist states in Nigeria. Controlled by the Mujahideens and Al'Qaida Brother hood with huge financial sponsors from serving government officials with oil incomes.
Re: Nigeria Classified Amongst 14 Terrorist Nations - CNN by THEAMAKA1: 12:01am On Jan 05, 2010
this is arrant nonsense.
and i'll repeat. what the hell does this terror incident have to do with Nigeria?
this guy decided to go on his own free will to Yemen to join them. is this a Nigerian terrorist group? did we plan and execute this "bombing" of an American airliner? did we? NO. the last time i checked this was a terrorist group in Yemen, not Nigeria.
so again, what does this incided have to do with us besides the fact that the guy is a Nigerian citizen and has a Nigerian passport? absolutely nothing!
BULLSHIZZ!  angry angry angry angry

@Eziachi
wtf?
Re: Nigeria Classified Amongst 14 Terrorist Nations - CNN by Nobody: 12:05am On Jan 05, 2010
My only question is: Does Nigeria not have a president anymore?
Re: Nigeria Classified Amongst 14 Terrorist Nations - CNN by honeric01(m): 12:13am On Jan 05, 2010
FL Gators:

Yes, all Nigerians are presidents.
Re: Nigeria Classified Amongst 14 Terrorist Nations - CNN by NIGboi(m): 12:13am On Jan 05, 2010
Dangiwa:

There are terrorist groups, in the following states this is fact not fiction, (Jega, Argungu, Dakingari and Kamba) in Kebbi State, Kontagora, Bida and Rijau in Niger State, Gusau, Talata Mafara, Gummi, in Zamfara State, Sokoto city, Illela, Tangaza, Sabon Birnin,Gwadabawa and Bodinga all in Sokoto State, funtua, Misau, Jibia all in Katsina state, Zaria and Kaduna city in Kaduna State, Kano city, Dutse city Nguru and potiskum, in yobe state and maiduguri city.
Pls note that the listed above city or are core terrorist states in Nigeria. Controlled by the Mujahideens and Al'Qaida Brother hood with huge financial sponsors from serving government officials with oil incomes.

is that so?

FL Gators:

we have a proxy president. he might be in saudi arabia hiding in one hotel enjoying himself - for all we know.

THE.AMAKA:

this is arrant nonsense.
and i'll repeat. what the hell does this terror incident have to do with Nigeria?
this guy decided to go on his own free will to Yemen to join them. is this a Nigerian terrorist group? did we plan and execute this "bombing" of an American airliner? did we? NO. the last time i checked this was a terrorist group in Yemen, not Nigeria.
so again, what does this incided have to do with us besides the fact that the guy is a Nigerian citizen and has a Nigerian passport? absolutely nothing!
BULLSHIZZ!  angry angry angry angry

tell that to Obama and his people. the Americans are actually dumb. they are just looking for something to use to arm twist Nigeria.

@Eziachi
wtf?  
Re: Nigeria Classified Amongst 14 Terrorist Nations - CNN by xterra2(m): 12:51am On Jan 05, 2010
My beloved Naija is not a TERRORIST Nation,
CNN made a report from Kaduna showing an preacher saying that US deserved to be Bombed!!!
Though i am from the north,i think is better that the Government regulate preaching
Weve seen maitsane,Boko haram,kala-kato-the are just embarrasing us a Nigerian
I had plans to stufy inn the US or UK but now,Viola my plans are gone,
Let US call us a terrorist Nation i aint goin to the US,and who cares by the way
Re: Nigeria Classified Amongst 14 Terrorist Nations - CNN by THEAMAKA1: 12:53am On Jan 05, 2010
xterra2:

My beloved Naija is not a TERRORIST Nation,
CNN made a report from Kaduna showing an preacher saying that US deserved to be Bombed!!!
Though i am from the north,i think is better that the Government regulate preaching
Weve seen maitsane,Boko haram,kala-kato-the are just embarrasing us a Nigerian
I had plans to stufy inn the US or UK but now,Viola my plans are gone,
Let US call us a terrorist Nation i aint goin to the US,and who cares by the way

are you serious? the US and their fuking propaganda!! wth is all this
they are just looking for ways to start calling Nigeria a terrorist nation and start black listing us.
fuking fools, they are always being sneaky about some shizz. i really don't trust them.
Re: Nigeria Classified Amongst 14 Terrorist Nations - CNN by bawomolo(m): 12:57am On Jan 05, 2010
THE.AMAKA:

are you serious? the US and their fuking propaganda!! wth is all this
they are just looking for ways to start calling Nigeria a terrorist nation and start black listing us.
fuking fools, they are always being sneaky about some shizz. i really don't trust them.

I agree it's all propaganda, boko haram and certain cities in Nigeria rejoicing during the 9/11 attacks was all propaganda.  Religious extremism definitely doesn't exist in the federal republic of nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Classified Amongst 14 Terrorist Nations - CNN by Nobody: 1:04am On Jan 05, 2010
honeric01:

Yes, all Nigerians are presidents.
Oga President Honerico, I hear ya grin grin

N.I.Gboi:

we have a proxy president. he might be in saudi arabia hiding in one hotel enjoying himself - for all we know.
LOL but seriously though, cant he be forcefully removed?
Re: Nigeria Classified Amongst 14 Terrorist Nations - CNN by SEFAGO(m): 1:17am On Jan 05, 2010
I agree it's all propaganda, boko haram and certain cities in Nigeria rejoicing during the 9/11 attacks was all propaganda. Religious extreme definitely doesn't exist in the federal republic of nigeria.

Are you guys shocked about this? This is quite expected. After 9/11 a lot of Arabs complained about a similar victimization by the media. In our case, CNN stopped calling the guy Umar, and started calling him "The Nigerian" grin grin grin. They have already successful described us as terrorists. If the guy had succeeded (God forbid) I can bet you that there would have been random attacks on Nigerians by people which would have been rationally justified by the right-wing. You guys should get ready for the worst and take it as it comes.

Proudly Nigerian or Jamaican when need be cool
Re: Nigeria Classified Amongst 14 Terrorist Nations - CNN by bawomolo(m): 1:29am On Jan 05, 2010
SEFAGO:

Are you guys shocked about this? This is quite expected. After 9/11 a lot of Arabs complained about a similar victimization by the media. In our case, CNN stopped calling the guy Umar, and started calling him "The Nigerian" grin grin grin. They have already successful described us as terrorists. If the guy had succeeded (God forbid) I can bet you that there would have been random attacks on Nigerians by people which would have been rationally justified by the right-wing. You guys should get ready for the worst and take it as it comes.

Proudly Nigerian or Jamaican when need be cool

I agree, it comes with the territory. at least fox news isn't calling us the "enemy" yet.

FL Gators:

LOL but seriously though, cant he be forcefully removed?

a coup? he could be impeached though.
Re: Nigeria Classified Amongst 14 Terrorist Nations - CNN by Nobody: 1:34am On Jan 05, 2010
Let me guess, Nigerians in office are too afraid to impeach him?

Like wdh is wrong with this country? Our Presy is no where to be found, dude might as well be dead.

Nigeria is a lion with no head.
Re: Nigeria Classified Amongst 14 Terrorist Nations - CNN by SEFAGO(m): 1:37am On Jan 05, 2010
^ Removing him would mean a south-south president. The North was promised presidency for 8 years, and yar'dull's sickness is screwing that up. I just hope after the 8 years they give it to someone from the South East. At least if they are going to steal they are not going to be as bad and stupid as Yar'adua.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ghana To Export Cars To Nigeria And The Rest Of Africa. / What Agricultural Products do south west produce / More Trouble In Buhari Camp: Buhari’s Men Subdue Amaechi, Initiates Probe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.