Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,225 members, 7,836,095 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:43 PM

Why It Is Treacherous To Disrespect Judas Iscariot - Nimi Princewill - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why It Is Treacherous To Disrespect Judas Iscariot - Nimi Princewill (9794 Views)

Who Really Is Judas Iscariot: A Traitor Or Hero? / Let's Stop Blaming Judas Iscariot, He Doesn't Deserve To Be Blame. / Judas Iscariot Now Trending On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why It Is Treacherous To Disrespect Judas Iscariot - Nimi Princewill by menxer: 8:41am On Apr 23, 2017
kateskitty:
Judas could have still repented after betraying Jesus, but because​ he fell into despair his soul was lost forever.
Even Peter betrayed Jesus by denying him yet he repented and received mercy.

Who told you his soul was lost forever?

If you care to understand more than what you are told in church check out these documentaries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kKU8XdrCJ8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TY1_sYnr0gE
Re: Why It Is Treacherous To Disrespect Judas Iscariot - Nimi Princewill by ojobek: 8:41am On Apr 23, 2017
sometimes we xtians are biased,jesus told peter dat he would denied him 3 times and dat he had prayed for him.but upon all d prayer peter still denied him.my question is this"why can't jesus pray for judas if not dat he"jesus"was biased and shown his hatred toward judas.

2 Likes

Re: Why It Is Treacherous To Disrespect Judas Iscariot - Nimi Princewill by Jdougha(m): 8:48am On Apr 23, 2017
ReubenE:

The question is, by what means?
He could not have died a natural death, because the purpose for the death was meant to be a sacrifice.

Whether Judas stole from the purse is just one of the many sins we all commit, and is not enough to write him off.
Mind you, when Christ died, his death also washed away the sins of Judas....I believe!

For me, the man only carried out a divine assignment whether good or bad, because someone needed to do the job.

As the OP rightly opined, some of the characters in the bible that we so much respect, did equally despicable things that were not divinely ordained or programmed. Yet we adore them, we wish to be like them.

I think we should give Judas a break....
Okay so from your post, you are saying Judas was a hero for what exactly, you do remember there were 12 disciple why didn't the pharisees go to any of the 11,it was because they saw a trait in him, AM SURE YOU KNOW JUDAS WAS TERMED THE SON OF PERDITION by the master himself and Jesus knew exactly who was gon betray him,,, so if you wanna go on calling Judas a hero,Good for you, pray you don't end up where he is.
Re: Why It Is Treacherous To Disrespect Judas Iscariot - Nimi Princewill by menxer: 8:50am On Apr 23, 2017
zionmade:

I sense am talking with a spiritually dead man, AKA unbeliever.
I dnt expect u to understand anything because d word of God says u re spiritually blind, deaf and dumb, no understanding.
zionmade:

D fulfillment of dat prophecy was not dependent on d lepers d same way d death of Jesus was not dependent on Judas.
If God needs a man to leave d earth, and u go and kill dat man, bro u d blood will be on ur head even though u wud think dat u helped God achieve dat purpose. D job is for d devil and if u allow d devil use u, u will answer for it
Does it mean a "Christian" like you can't share in an argument without resorting to insults?

So according to your spiritual sight, how would God achieve what he wanted on earth without human agency?

Who is the devil assigned to do God's work?
Re: Why It Is Treacherous To Disrespect Judas Iscariot - Nimi Princewill by menxer: 8:59am On Apr 23, 2017
Mrchippychappy:
Judas was unclean right from the start.

“Have I not chosen you, the Twelve? Yet one of you is a devil!” (John 6:70)

The Son of Man will go just as it is written about him. But woe to that man who betrays the Son of Man! It would be better for him if he had not been born.” (Matt. 26:24)

Even my close friend, whom I trusted, he who shared my bread, has lifted up his heel against me.(John 13:18)

It could have very well happened that the Pharisees themselves would have reported Jesus Christ to the Romans and the Romans would have crucified him if the Pharisees had brought up enough evidence. Read the bible properly Judas DIDN'T HAVE TO BETRAY JESUS CHRIST, he wasn't brainwashed, he had freewill and he volunteered to betray Jesus Christ. The purpose of the pharisees choosing an "inside man" to betray his leader was to destroy the foundation of the disciples and Christianity in the bigger picture but as with most plans of man, their plan failed woefully. The pharisees were more than capable of swaying the roman council to execute Jesus christ BUT they wanted to ridicule the followership of Christ and sow the seed of discord among the disciples and so they decided to use one of the disciples to betray his leader, unfortunately for them it didn't work.

@bolded, Can you sense an element of self destruction?

He hired a devil, because only that devil will help him attain eternal glory.
Re: Why It Is Treacherous To Disrespect Judas Iscariot - Nimi Princewill by zionmade(m): 9:00am On Apr 23, 2017
menxer:

Does it mean a "Christian" like you can't share in an argument without resorting to insults?

So according to your spiritual sight, how would God achieve what he wanted on earth without human agency?

Who is the devil assigned to do God's work?
If u are an atheist d word spiritually blind, deaf and dumb shudnt mean anything to u. Its never an insult to call an atheist son of devil because he doesn't believe in any of those things. So be a true atheist u re.
I carefully choose my words.
It will be a waste of time arguing upandan with an atheist. I prefer physical approach because it gives me d opportunity to look into his eyes and command d devil of spiritual blindness to go
Re: Why It Is Treacherous To Disrespect Judas Iscariot - Nimi Princewill by BigBrother9ja: 9:01am On Apr 23, 2017
YesNo:

Painment.

Thats the same thing the white people told your great grandfathers and great grandmothers.

They had the right to use your black brothers and sister as slaves and sex slaves but your black brothers had no right to even look them in the eye. i bet you would not have like it.

and here you are telling me and other people the same thing.

funny world.
I guess you've not taken your drugs this morning grin
Re: Why It Is Treacherous To Disrespect Judas Iscariot - Nimi Princewill by Zane2point4(m): 9:02am On Apr 23, 2017
According to a new found script in a mountain
Called Gospel of JUDAS.. ...

Judas was the holiest of all the disciples..
Judas was more favoured.. ..
Judas was the chosen one set to deliver prophecy.
Judas will found his way up to heaven.. .

2 Likes

Re: Why It Is Treacherous To Disrespect Judas Iscariot - Nimi Princewill by Shafiiimran99: 9:05am On Apr 23, 2017
oruma19:
honestly I rily dont understand this sentiment. Shouldn't everybody face his own mode of worship? Y can't I comment on Islamic thread? But they r free to misbehave on our own threads?
U don't understand right, the reason is that u said ur god came to this world through woman in order to sacrifice himself to himself so that he can save u from himself.

2 Likes

Re: Why It Is Treacherous To Disrespect Judas Iscariot - Nimi Princewill by menxer: 9:07am On Apr 23, 2017
zionmade:

If u are an atheist d word spiritually blind, deaf and dumb shudnt mean anything to u. Its never an insult to call an atheist son of devil because he doesn't believe in any of those things. So be a true atheist u re.
I carefully choose my words.
It will be a waste of time arguing upandan with an atheist. I prefer physical approach because it gives me d opportunity to look into his eyes and command d devil of spiritual blindness to go
Same ol' same

What has atheist got to do with the questions I asked?

It simply shows you have lost the argument and now grasping at your joker: name calling.

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Treacherous To Disrespect Judas Iscariot - Nimi Princewill by Shafiiimran99: 9:21am On Apr 23, 2017
Not only Judas they hate but also their mother EVE. They hate Hagar and Ismael too

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Treacherous To Disrespect Judas Iscariot - Nimi Princewill by ExInferis(m): 9:27am On Apr 23, 2017
Christians ought to be worshiping judas.

Jesus got cold feet and, having had a taste of Mary Magdalene, suddenly didn't wanna die. He even got his followers to sell their garments and buy arms, and he was beseeching his 'father' to reconsider the prolicide as he wanted to cling to life a bit.

Judas did christians a solid by betraying the cowardly jesus and niggah got crucifixed or something.

Without judas, jesus woulda fled or gone into hiding.

So, you quivering mass of deluded halfwits owe judas your salvation.

Go Judas!

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Treacherous To Disrespect Judas Iscariot - Nimi Princewill by irynterri(f): 9:54am On Apr 23, 2017
ReubenE:

Exactly the mind set the post is meant to change.
It is a misplacement of priority to go after Judas for doing a job assigned to him.
You and I could have done it anyways if it were to be our days.

Looking at the big picture, looking at Judas, the sin he committed served a greater good.
A purpose was behind it, salvation for mankind.
But this generation, what do we do, sometimes we commit sin for absolutely no reason.

Jumia delivery man killed for phone, how about that?
Matt 26:24: Jesus said,
For the Son of Man must die, as the Scriptures declared long ago. But how terrible it will be for the one who betrays him. It would be far better for that man if he had never been born!"..if the article writer reads his bible well,he will notice that the role was assigned for the weakest spiritually amongst the twelve. God forgave those who came back to him,this one committed suicide

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Treacherous To Disrespect Judas Iscariot - Nimi Princewill by oglalasioux(m): 10:03am On Apr 23, 2017
murphyjamaal99:
ur foolishness knows no bounds..

Sorry for spoiling your business, pastor.
Re: Why It Is Treacherous To Disrespect Judas Iscariot - Nimi Princewill by oglalasioux(m): 10:07am On Apr 23, 2017
ROBO1722:

BROS! PLEASE GO STUDY THE WORD OF GOD. DONT FORGET THAT "GOOD AND EVIL" ARE GOD'S WORK, BUT, HE ALLOWS US TO MAKE OUR CHOICE. IF YOU CHOOSE TO STEAL OR KILL because IT'S GOD'S WORK, YOU HAVE TAKEN THE PATH OF DEATH. JUDAS ISCARIOT TOOK THE WRONG LANE AND HIS RIGHTFUL POSITION IS HELL (WOE BE THAT MAN THAT WILL BETRAY THE SON OF MAN………..THIS IS CONTAINED IN THE HOLY BOOK)

BE GUIDED PLS

While typing this mention a lot of things came to your mind including this question;

How can god create both good and evil and being all knowing aware that man will be evil and still punish man for what he knew man must do?
Re: Why It Is Treacherous To Disrespect Judas Iscariot - Nimi Princewill by ngolokante(m): 11:00am On Apr 23, 2017
Chiedu4Trump:

The hypocrisy on Nairaland is something else
They insult the church and Christianity.
Say anything against Islam and they can you.

So why don't you just leave? Believe me if I were to be a Christian and I feel that "they insult the church and Christianity" on any forum, mehn I'd leave... No matter the news, gist, gossip or whatever on that forumn I will leave or better still I'd set up an alternative to it for like minds... I used to follow on Facebook, but when whoever it is that administers that page started promoting homosexuality and Islamophobia, mehn I dropped the bloody page... It's your phone, your data, your time, you don't like what's been said, you leave... If you can't beat them, and you know your convictions won't allow you join them, then you leave them alone
Re: Why It Is Treacherous To Disrespect Judas Iscariot - Nimi Princewill by oruma19: 11:33am On Apr 23, 2017
Mrchippychappy:

John 12:6.
thanks man. Now I believe
Re: Why It Is Treacherous To Disrespect Judas Iscariot - Nimi Princewill by oruma19: 11:35am On Apr 23, 2017
zionmade:

John 12:4-6
Did u also read in Ezekiel 18:20 where God said he will no more lay d sins of d father upon d sons?
Rom 8:1 therefore now, there is NO CONDEMNATION.
D day one gets born again u become a son of God. U re disconnected from every wrong ur father had done
but even born again Christian of theses days still suffer for the sins of their ancestors. We see these cases all around. I am just curious.
Re: Why It Is Treacherous To Disrespect Judas Iscariot - Nimi Princewill by oruma19: 11:37am On Apr 23, 2017
Shafiiimran99:
U don't understand right, the reason is that u said ur god came to this world through woman in order to sacrifice himself to himself so that he can save u from himself.
if a Christian makes this kind of comment in a Muslim thread we know what would have happened by now . They will start one foolish riot and kill innocent pple. Nairaland is not a serious forum . It is clear.
Re: Why It Is Treacherous To Disrespect Judas Iscariot - Nimi Princewill by zionmade(m): 11:47am On Apr 23, 2017
oruma19:
but even born again Christian of theses days still suffer for the sins of their ancestors. We see these cases all around. I am just curious.
Thats wat d devil wants dem to think. Wen u get born again u re a new creature. Old things are past away. Therefore now no condemnation to dem dat in Christ Jesus. It means no bondage, no curse. D knowledge of dis truth makes u free. D bible also said my people perish because of lack of knowledge.
Re: Why It Is Treacherous To Disrespect Judas Iscariot - Nimi Princewill by Broderick555: 11:57am On Apr 23, 2017
so una won tell me say the people wey dey commit suicide for 9ja their names nah Judas?
Re: Why It Is Treacherous To Disrespect Judas Iscariot - Nimi Princewill by XXCASH: 12:07pm On Apr 23, 2017
Judas Iscariot, deserves a lot more respect from the Christian community. As a matter of fact, in solidarity to this great heroic biblical figure, one of my boys will bear 'Judas' as a middle name when he arrives in the nearest future!

Twitter: @princewill_nimi

Suit yourself but naming your boy Judas in this misunderstood world will be a very silly idea
Re: Why It Is Treacherous To Disrespect Judas Iscariot - Nimi Princewill by Shafiiimran99: 12:18pm On Apr 23, 2017
oruma19:
if a Christian makes this kind of comment in a Muslim thread we know what would have happened by now . They will start one foolish riot and kill innocent pple. Nairaland is not a serious forum . It is clear.
Is not in ur Bible
Re: Why It Is Treacherous To Disrespect Judas Iscariot - Nimi Princewill by mu2sa2: 12:22pm On Apr 23, 2017
YesNo:
I am not a religious jagaban or warrior or anything like that but I noticed that no one made me swear that i am a Christian and i vote for Jesus when I was about to comment on this post.... which means the gate is wide open for Muslims to comment but the road is Narrow for Christians to comment on any Muslim topic.
Hello Mr Seun Osewa, How are you?
I am sure you must find that this issue tilts to one end and gives our dear Muslim brothers and sisters more advantage to sow seeds in the Christian comments garden while the Christian people have to take an oath before they set foot in Muslim garden. I am sure you don't like such toxic favoritism and I am certain that an upright and outstanding gentleman such as yourself would not be the one to fashion such a discriminating barricade in the religious comment section.
#YiMu

I trust you will do something to strike a balance Today. Will You?

#FAVORITISM.
#SacredCows.

#S.O
Seun is absolutely right not to place any hurdle against Muslims posting comments on Christian topics. No Muslim will ever insult Jesus or say anything negative about him - not a single Muslim will commit that blasphemy, unlike some non-Muslims who see it as a praiseworthy act to insult prophet Muhammad and muslims. Very sensible of Seun to stop people making a fooool of themselves.

2 Likes

Re: Why It Is Treacherous To Disrespect Judas Iscariot - Nimi Princewill by orisa37: 1:07pm On Apr 23, 2017
PsychedeliQ:
The Christian Easter festivities have hurriedly come and gone, but one name has remarkably stayed stuck on the lips of a large portion of Christians. As often the case every year, this mysterious name continues to grow even more popular than the celebrated occasion.

Judas Iscariot: A name notoriously synonymous with greed, betrayal and treason. A name heavily loathed by children, despised by adults and provides every preacher with a great point of reference to knock a sermon into shape, and get a sober audience nodding along. A name famous for the romantic public display of affection, which led to the vulnerable timely death of the guiltless Son of God.

A lot of Christians, continue to blackmail Judas Iscariot as the enemy, denying him of his rightful heroic street credibility!

The death and resurrection of Jesus as understood from the Bible, was already predestined to happen with a disciple of Jesus, setting the process into motion. Someone among the twelve disciples, had to do the dirty work! It was unfortunate, but quite heroic for Judas to be singled out by his heavenly recruiters to fit the job description.

The mountainous role played by Judas Iscariot in delivering his master into the hands of his captors (as widely condemned), laid the foundation in giving the Gospel a worldwide facelift, through the death and resurrection of Christ. If Judas hadn't done it, someone else would have stepped in on the job, and will just like Judas, suffer a posthumous tarnished reputation!

How else was Jesus meant to be captured? Any of you blackmailers got an idea?

Why doesn't the name 'Judas' align with contemporary birth names for male children?

Judas Iscariot, had his personal flaws like every other Christian did and currently do.

Paul (while as Saul) slaughtered an outrageous number of Christians. David, likewise his promiscuous son Solomon, was a man LovePeddler! Thomas, was recorded as a doubter and a man of great deficiency in faith. Peter, consciously denied Jesus three consecutive times (as was part of his destiny), and many others.

Christians forgave these men of despicable character and continued over the years to christen their kids after them, but just wouldn't do the same for a remorseful Judas Iscariot, who went as far as taking his own life in remorse for a crime he was already predestined to commit!

Aren't we as Christians, in a way possibly unknown to us, bias and plainly sentimental?

Judas Iscariot, deserves a lot more respect from the Christian community. As a matter of fact, in solidarity to this great heroic biblical figure, one of my boys will bear 'Judas' as a middle name when he arrives in the nearest future!

Twitter: @princewill_nimi

Judas is a Metaphor for Darkness, Bad, Death, Forget, Abandon, Worry and Hate. They are Anti Christ Demons. And you can't teach that.;
Re: Why It Is Treacherous To Disrespect Judas Iscariot - Nimi Princewill by kaelz(m): 1:11pm On Apr 23, 2017
zionmade:
Bros i love ur passion in naming ur boy Judas. Its not a bad name though.
But Judas Jesus' disciple was stealing from d purse of Jesus which made him available for use by d devil.
Jesus didn't die because someone betrayed him. Even if no one betrayed him, at d appointed time, he could have still died.
Please, correct ur impression, Judas never stole from Jesus' purse, he was the financial secretary of Jesus (check the records). Judas has the mindset that Jesus after being arrested will fight the soldiers and regain His freedom, but as Judas got disappointed, he (Judas) went on to hang himself. Judas, only fulfilled the scriptures period.
Re: Why It Is Treacherous To Disrespect Judas Iscariot - Nimi Princewill by zionmade(m): 1:16pm On Apr 23, 2017
kaelz:
Please, correct ur impression, Judas never stole from Jesus' purse, he was the financial secretary of Jesus (check the records). Judas has the mindset that Jesus after being arrested will fight the soldiers and regain His freedom, but as Judas got disappointed, he (Judas) went on to hang himself. Judas, only fulfilled the scriptures period.
Before u quote me again pls study John 12:4-6
Re: Why It Is Treacherous To Disrespect Judas Iscariot - Nimi Princewill by anneboleyn(f): 1:49pm On Apr 23, 2017
In my opinion the reason Judas Iscariot was condemned by Jesus was not totally his sin of betraying his Master for 30 silver pieces......, it was his heart attitude. God gave all men the gift of freewill, and that included Judas. After all the miracles that he had seen Jesus do, His earthly ministry and His teaching about how men can be closer to God, Judas allowed his love of money to lure him, first to stealing money from the box that the disciples kept for their incurred expenses then committing the ultimate sin of handing Christ over to his enemies. Judas sin was premeditated. He nurtured his desire for betraying Christ over time. It was not an impulse decision. Peter on the other hand truly loved Jesus, believed in him and stayed with him even when other disciples were leaving him. However he was caught off guard when he was identified as one of Christ's disciples. That experience threw him off balance, and he gave in to fear and denied Christ three times. He could never had planned denying his master for weeks or months before the incidence occurred . Hence Christ saw that Peter had given in to fear, unlike Judas who planned his sin months before the act took place.

2 Likes

Re: Why It Is Treacherous To Disrespect Judas Iscariot - Nimi Princewill by orisa37: 1:56pm On Apr 23, 2017
Judas is a Metaphor for Corruption, Biafra, Bokoharam and uncompromising Fulani Herdsmen Incursion into the 36 States of The Federation. Do you want Buhari to celebrate all these ills of our societies?
Do you want Osinbajo to start rebelling against Buhari?
Did you like how Atiku was so arrantly in subordinate to Obasanjo/Atiku's Presidency?
Would you have wanted Alex Ekwueme to handle Shagari Judas' Style?
God is Wisdom, Knowledge and Understanding. You have seen these displayed by Alex and now Yemi. The Reverse was it, in Abu.
The Teaching about Judas is deliberate and real and will be so in human Societies until Jesus comes back. Check the Code: Judas is 330 and Satan is also 330. May God prevent you from deliberately naming your future Satan. IJN Amen.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

About The Trinity / 4 Ways To Abandon A Life Of Sin - Kikiotolu / A Lot Of Stories And Verses In The Bible Were Copied From Another Religion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.