Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,856 members, 7,813,916 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:32 PM

Why It Is Treacherous To Disrespect Judas Iscariot - Nimi Princewill - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why It Is Treacherous To Disrespect Judas Iscariot - Nimi Princewill (9762 Views)

Who Really Is Judas Iscariot: A Traitor Or Hero? / Let's Stop Blaming Judas Iscariot, He Doesn't Deserve To Be Blame. / Judas Iscariot Now Trending On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why It Is Treacherous To Disrespect Judas Iscariot - Nimi Princewill by PsychedeliQ: 10:09am On Apr 22, 2017
The Christian Easter festivities have hurriedly come and gone, but one name has remarkably stayed stuck on the lips of a large portion of Christians. As often the case every year, this mysterious name continues to grow even more popular than the celebrated occasion.

Judas Iscariot: A name notoriously synonymous with greed, betrayal and treason. A name heavily loathed by children, despised by adults and provides every preacher with a great point of reference to knock a sermon into shape, and get a sober audience nodding along. A name famous for the romantic public display of affection, which led to the vulnerable timely death of the guiltless Son of God.

A lot of Christians, continue to blackmail Judas Iscariot as the enemy, denying him of his rightful heroic street credibility!

The death and resurrection of Jesus as understood from the Bible, was already predestined to happen with a disciple of Jesus, setting the process into motion. Someone among the twelve disciples, had to do the dirty work! It was unfortunate, but quite heroic for Judas to be singled out by his heavenly recruiters to fit the job description.

The mountainous role played by Judas Iscariot in delivering his master into the hands of his captors (as widely condemned), laid the foundation in giving the Gospel a worldwide facelift, through the death and resurrection of Christ. If Judas hadn't done it, someone else would have stepped in on the job, and will just like Judas, suffer a posthumous tarnished reputation!

How else was Jesus meant to be captured? Any of you blackmailers got an idea?

Why doesn't the name 'Judas' align with contemporary birth names for male children?

Judas Iscariot, had his personal flaws like every other Christian did and currently do.

Paul (while as Saul) slaughtered an outrageous number of Christians. David, likewise his promiscuous son Solomon, was a man LovePeddler! Thomas, was recorded as a doubter and a man of great deficiency in faith. Peter, consciously denied Jesus three consecutive times (as was part of his destiny), and many others.

Christians forgave these men of despicable character and continued over the years to christen their kids after them, but just wouldn't do the same for a remorseful Judas Iscariot, who went as far as taking his own life in remorse for a crime he was already predestined to commit!

Aren't we as Christians, in a way possibly unknown to us, bias and plainly sentimental?

Judas Iscariot, deserves a lot more respect from the Christian community. As a matter of fact, in solidarity to this great heroic biblical figure, one of my boys will bear 'Judas' as a middle name when he arrives in the nearest future!

Twitter: @princewill_nimi

40 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why It Is Treacherous To Disrespect Judas Iscariot - Nimi Princewill by zionmade(m): 10:33am On Apr 22, 2017
Bros i love ur passion in naming ur boy Judas. Its not a bad name though.
But Judas Jesus' disciple was stealing from d purse of Jesus which made him available for use by d devil.
Jesus didn't die because someone betrayed him. Even if no one betrayed him, at d appointed time, he could have still died.

17 Likes

Re: Why It Is Treacherous To Disrespect Judas Iscariot - Nimi Princewill by oglalasioux(m): 10:51am On Apr 22, 2017
The height of the joke known as Christianity is condemning Judas Iscariot for 'saving' mankind. Judas is the real hero of the death and resurrection. It's either the life and times of Jesus is a fiction or Judas should be given his rightful position of a saint.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why It Is Treacherous To Disrespect Judas Iscariot - Nimi Princewill by doyinbaby(f): 3:34pm On Apr 22, 2017
Hmmm
Re: Why It Is Treacherous To Disrespect Judas Iscariot - Nimi Princewill by Liamm(m): 7:35am On Apr 23, 2017
This guy is high on some stuff. You want to name one of your boys judas? I wish you a betrayal-free son.
I think the names we bear have a way of influencing our character. I'd rather name my son Jesus. Naming him judas is like taking a gamble which I know may affect him. Imagine introducing your son to a friend. You be like "meet my son, judas". Your son would hate you for life mate cheesy

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why It Is Treacherous To Disrespect Judas Iscariot - Nimi Princewill by capatainrambo: 7:36am On Apr 23, 2017
if you call you boy judas, a day will come he will kiss your cheeks

you will be OYO

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why It Is Treacherous To Disrespect Judas Iscariot - Nimi Princewill by murphyjamaal99: 7:38am On Apr 23, 2017
oglalasioux:
The height of the joke known as Christianity is condemning Judas Iscariot for 'saving' mankind. Judas is the real hero of the death and resurrection. It's either the life and times of Jesus is a fiction or Judas should be given his rightful position of a saint.
ur foolishness knows no bounds..

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why It Is Treacherous To Disrespect Judas Iscariot - Nimi Princewill by ednut1(m): 7:39am On Apr 23, 2017
undecided confusion break bone -Fela
Re: Why It Is Treacherous To Disrespect Judas Iscariot - Nimi Princewill by yorex2011: 7:39am On Apr 23, 2017
Please careful what you name your child.. Its gonna be his life not yours.. Be guided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why It Is Treacherous To Disrespect Judas Iscariot - Nimi Princewill by KingsleyCEO: 7:40am On Apr 23, 2017
Hmm
I will have to seek opinions of other spirit filled individual. I love your write up, is very powerful.

3 Likes

Re: Why It Is Treacherous To Disrespect Judas Iscariot - Nimi Princewill by FearFactor1: 7:42am On Apr 23, 2017
in as much as Judah was instrumental in the dead of Christ, all he has to do was repent of his ways. Instead he went ahead to take his life.

Suicide in its own is a sin, so there was no saving his soul.

6 Likes

Re: Why It Is Treacherous To Disrespect Judas Iscariot - Nimi Princewill by Nobody: 7:43am On Apr 23, 2017
Cool stuff.

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Treacherous To Disrespect Judas Iscariot - Nimi Princewill by YesNo(m): 7:43am On Apr 23, 2017
I am not a religious jagaban or warrior or anything like that but I noticed that no one made me swear that i am a Christian and i vote for Jesus when I was about to comment on this post.... which means the gate is wide open for Muslims to comment but the road is Narrow for Christians to comment on any Muslim topic.
Hello Mr Seun Osewa, How are you?
I am sure you must find that this issue tilts to one end and gives our dear Muslim brothers and sisters more advantage to sow seeds in the Christian comments garden while the Christian people have to take an oath before they set foot in Muslim garden. I am sure you don't like such toxic favoritism and I am certain that an upright and outstanding gentleman such as yourself would not be the one to fashion such a discriminating barricade in the religious comment section.
#YiMu

I trust you will do something to strike a balance Today. Will You?

#FAVORITISM.
#SacredCows.

#S.O

54 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why It Is Treacherous To Disrespect Judas Iscariot - Nimi Princewill by SirL0neWolf(m): 7:44am On Apr 23, 2017
He fuĆ¼cked up by commiting suicide..he sld have begged for forgivness
The reason Judas is not considered like the rest of the disciples is not necessarily the betrayal...after all somebody had to doit but the fact that he took his life.
No one wants to name their child after someone that did that

2 Likes

Re: Why It Is Treacherous To Disrespect Judas Iscariot - Nimi Princewill by Chiedu4Trump: 7:45am On Apr 23, 2017
grin
Re: Why It Is Treacherous To Disrespect Judas Iscariot - Nimi Princewill by ReubenE(m): 7:46am On Apr 23, 2017
zionmade:
But Judas Jesus' disciple was stealing from d purse of Jesus which made him available for use by d devil.
Jesus didn't die because someone betrayed him. Even if no one betrayed him, at d appointed time, he could have still died.
The question is, by what means?
He could not have died a natural death, because the purpose for the death was meant to be a sacrifice.

Whether Judas stole from the purse is just one of the many sins we all commit, and is not enough to write him off.
Mind you, when Christ died, his death also washed away the sins of Judas....I believe!

For me, the man only carried out a divine assignment whether good or bad, because someone needed to do the job.

As the OP rightly opined, some of the characters in the bible that we so much respect, did equally despicable things that were not divinely ordained or programmed. Yet we adore them, we wish to be like them.

I think we should give Judas a break....

7 Likes

Re: Why It Is Treacherous To Disrespect Judas Iscariot - Nimi Princewill by Chiedu4Trump: 7:46am On Apr 23, 2017
YesNo:
no one made me swear that i am a Christian and i vote for Jesus when I was about to comment on this post.... which means the gate is wide open for Muslims to comment but the road is Narrow for Christians to comment on any Muslim topic.

HYPOCRITE

#S.O

The hypocrisy on Nairaland is something else
They insult the church and Christianity.
Say anything against Islam and they can you.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why It Is Treacherous To Disrespect Judas Iscariot - Nimi Princewill by sapientia(m): 7:47am On Apr 23, 2017
lol.... the kinda things that bother people. Person wey die no complain, the person wey him betray never appear to any pastor say the thing dey pain am..

Love you Neighbour.. thats all that matters

3 Likes

Re: Why It Is Treacherous To Disrespect Judas Iscariot - Nimi Princewill by lazsnaira(m): 7:48am On Apr 23, 2017
...there seem to be sense in your piece op...but dont name your child judas yet...he might be stigmatised

3 Likes

Re: Why It Is Treacherous To Disrespect Judas Iscariot - Nimi Princewill by Epositive(m): 7:49am On Apr 23, 2017
Liamm:
This guy is high on some stuff. You want to name one of your boys judas? I wish you a betrayal-free son.
I think the names we bear have a way of influencing our character. I'd rather name my son Jesus. Naming him judas is like taking a gamble which I know may affect him. Imagine introducing your son to a friend. You be like "meet my son, judas". Your son would hate you for life mate cheesy

interesting! name ur son jesus ahbeg someone has to wash away our sins this 21st century sad tongue
Re: Why It Is Treacherous To Disrespect Judas Iscariot - Nimi Princewill by oruma19: 7:49am On Apr 23, 2017
zionmade:
1.pls can u make a reference in d Bible where Judas stole from d purse,? 2. Y do pple die for the sins of their fathers when obviousl they are not the committers of such sins? Judges 19:1- end

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Treacherous To Disrespect Judas Iscariot - Nimi Princewill by Nobody: 7:52am On Apr 23, 2017
Go ahead to name your son Judas, while you are at it, name his sister Jezebel!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why It Is Treacherous To Disrespect Judas Iscariot - Nimi Princewill by oruma19: 7:53am On Apr 23, 2017
YesNo:
no one made me swear that i am a Christian and i vote for Jesus when I was about to comment on this post.... which means the gate is wide open for Muslims to comment but the road is Narrow for Christians to comment on any Muslim topic.

#FAVORITISM.
#SacredCows.

#S.O
honestly I rily dont understand this sentiment. Shouldn't everybody face his own mode of worship? Y can't I comment on Islamic thread? But they r free to misbehave on our own threads?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why It Is Treacherous To Disrespect Judas Iscariot - Nimi Princewill by pacino26(m): 7:53am On Apr 23, 2017
Judas was the first to commit against the Holy Spirit, he rejected repentance and salvation in the name of the one whom he betrayed. That my dear Op is the main reason most folks stigmatize the name. Remember also the biblical curse upon the one who will betray the son of man.

2 Likes

Re: Why It Is Treacherous To Disrespect Judas Iscariot - Nimi Princewill by pacino26(m): 7:55am On Apr 23, 2017
modelmike7:
Go ahead to name your son Judas, while you are at it, name his sister Jezebel!!

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked blood of cow
Re: Why It Is Treacherous To Disrespect Judas Iscariot - Nimi Princewill by menxer: 7:57am On Apr 23, 2017
zionmade:

@bolded, how? By suicide or old age, I guess?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why It Is Treacherous To Disrespect Judas Iscariot - Nimi Princewill by ReubenE(m): 7:57am On Apr 23, 2017
Liamm:
Exactly the mind set the post is meant to change.
It is a misplacement of priority to go after Judas for doing a job assigned to him.
You and I could have done it anyways if it were to be our days.

Looking at the big picture, looking at Judas, the sin he committed served a greater good.
A purpose was behind it, salvation for mankind.
But this generation, what do we do, sometimes we commit sin for absolutely no reason.

Jumia delivery man killed for phone, how about that?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why It Is Treacherous To Disrespect Judas Iscariot - Nimi Princewill by adedayo3193(m): 7:59am On Apr 23, 2017
Well I think the op is ryt

2 Likes

Re: Why It Is Treacherous To Disrespect Judas Iscariot - Nimi Princewill by Mrchippychappy(m): 8:00am On Apr 23, 2017
oruma19:
1.pls can u make a reference in d Bible where Judas stole from d purse,? 2. Y do pple die for the sins of their fathers when obviousl they are not the committers of such sins? Judges 19:1- end

John 12:6.
Re: Why It Is Treacherous To Disrespect Judas Iscariot - Nimi Princewill by PotatoSalad(m): 8:00am On Apr 23, 2017
Don't disrespect Judas is Carrot.
Disrespect me, I'm Potato salad

2 Likes

Re: Why It Is Treacherous To Disrespect Judas Iscariot - Nimi Princewill by EazyMoh(m): 8:01am On Apr 23, 2017
YesNo:

#FAVORITISM.
#SacredCows.

#S.O
And through out the thread can you show me where any Muslim disrespects Jesus, Christianity, Christians or even the Judas in the topic?
The same reason trump banned immigrants of some select countries because of their tendencies is the same reason you guys are restricted on Muslim threads.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is Restitution Necessary For Repentance? / Have You Ever Encountered The Power Of God In A Church? / 2-year Old Recites Psalm 23 (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.