Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,899 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:36 PM

I Declare Xiaomi Over Tecno And Other Infinix Product - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I Declare Xiaomi Over Tecno And Other Infinix Product (13177 Views)

Review Over Tecno Spark Go / Which Infinix Product Is The Best Presently / Why Do You Prefer Other Phones Over Tecno? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Declare Xiaomi Over Tecno And Other Infinix Product by Nobody: 10:57am On Apr 22, 2017
Good morning everybody..I am less of a writer so skip over the blunders...
I will forever thank TECNO for pushing me over to XIAOMI..I'm forever grateful
If you're still using TECNO and other phone based in Nigeria..you're being cheated upon and your hard earned money is being ripped away from you..
..before you criticize,i was a TECNO fan..I used TECNO L3 for 2years..the screen got cracked I couldn't get it replaced and even the small power button wasn't even available now tell me what's the essence of Carl care?
I am currently using my TECNO L8+ ,Great phone..good battery..and the phone served me well..but this phone can Hang for Africa..but still I was managing it because i thought that was the best I could get for less than 50k compared to Apple and Samsung..so I was gladly rocking it and waiting patiently for TECNO L9+
Seriously..with the specs..I was already expecting the phone should be around 40k-50k..I so much fell in love with the phone. Do check unboxing Videos,followed TECNO on Facebook,twiiter,Instagram .I was so much anticipating the #Beast!!...I even reposted the Phone on my Instagram
But the wait was killing me..and there was no New phone from any company..so then I decided to check what's in this 0-300+ XIAOMI thread..I said to myself "if this Thing ain't too e no go pass 100pages"
So I clicked on the page...mhen!!!..I saw specs I thought only existed on Flagship devices for less than 30k..Jesu! Apostle must hear this!
I was seeing pple testifying daily.. unboxing .. appealing.. delivering...GUYS I SAW REAL.PHONE SPECS FOR THE FIRST TIME...I SAW BEAST I CANT IMAGINE EXISTING......and I was converting with the official exchange rate not knowing it was just 320naira to 1dollar
I was seeing Mad phones for 26k...30k..34k... 76k XIAOMI Phone killed all Samsung devices..

But the phone being shipped ruled me out..so I stayed observing waiting for TECNO L9 home based phone,i kuku no expect any Carl care assitance.. because them rude gan..Dem no dey reply and dey don't even help at all....
And then they released the phone I've been expecting for months... FUCKING 69KKKKKKKKKKKKK something that shouldn't cost 20k compared to XIAOMI phones....
Then...I turned fully into XIAOMI Phones...then it was already @400+ pages.....

More loading... Currently using the least XIAOMI Phone..4a..and the experience is heavenly..I do Feel like crying sometimes

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Declare Xiaomi Over Tecno And Other Infinix Product by Nobody: 11:13am On Apr 22, 2017
xiaomi camera quality is second to none.
Re: I Declare Xiaomi Over Tecno And Other Infinix Product by khaynoni(m): 11:18am On Apr 22, 2017
Good product, better and more expensive than the MTK devices we have in the Nigerian markets.
Re: I Declare Xiaomi Over Tecno And Other Infinix Product by Mckandre(m): 11:25am On Apr 22, 2017
Seconded. This is a movement. cool
Re: I Declare Xiaomi Over Tecno And Other Infinix Product by stonemind(f): 11:45am On Apr 22, 2017
You just want spoil market for tecno

2 Likes

Re: I Declare Xiaomi Over Tecno And Other Infinix Product by Nobody: 12:06pm On Apr 22, 2017
Hmm!...xiaomi keeps tempting me everyday but the coma is the pre-order process.
The mi max seems my favourite!

1 Like

Re: I Declare Xiaomi Over Tecno And Other Infinix Product by Behankey(m): 12:24pm On Apr 22, 2017
Where did u buy your Xaiomi phone? And do they have service centres in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: I Declare Xiaomi Over Tecno And Other Infinix Product by Baroba(m): 12:25pm On Apr 22, 2017
Good value for money, can't beat the quality..well said

1 Like

Re: I Declare Xiaomi Over Tecno And Other Infinix Product by MrSavage: 12:26pm On Apr 22, 2017
ennyhola:
Good morning everybody..I am less of a writer so skip over the blunders...
I will forever thank TECNO for pushing me over to XIAOMI..I'm forever grateful
If you're still using TECNO and other phone based in Nigeria..you're being cheated upon and your hard earned money is being ripped away from you..
..before you criticize,i was a TECNO fan..I used TECNO L3 for 2years..the screen got cracked I couldn't get it replaced and even the small power button wasn't even available now tell me what's the essence of Carl care?
I am currently using my TECNO L8+ ,Great phone..good battery..and the phone served me well..but this phone can Hang for Africa..but still I was managing it because i thought that was the best I could get for less than 50k compared to Apple and Samsung..so I was gladly rocking it and waiting patiently for TECNO L9+
Seriously..with the specs..I was already expecting the phone should be around 40k-50k..I so much fell in love with the phone. Do check unboxing Videos,followed TECNO on Facebook,twiiter,Instagram .I was so much anticipating the #Beast!!...I even reposted the Phone on my Instagram
But the wait was killing me..and there was no New phone from any company..so then I decided to check what's in this 0-300+ XIAOMI thread..I said to myself "if this Thing ain't too e no go pass 100pages"
So I clicked on the page...mhen!!!..I saw specs I thought only existed on Flagship devices for less than 30k..Jesu! Apostle must hear this!
I was seeing pple testifying daily.. unboxing .. appealing.. delivering...GUYS I SAW REAL.PHONE SPECS FOR THE FIRST TIME...I SAW BEAST I CANT IMAGINE EXISTING......and I was converting with the official exchange rate not knowing it was just 320naira to 1dollar
I was seeing Mad phones for 26k...30k..34k... 76k XIAOMI Phone killed all Samsung devices..

But the phone being shipped ruled me out..so I stayed observing waiting for TECNO L9 home based phone,i kuku no expect any Carl care assitance.. because them rude gan..Dem no dey reply and dey don't even help at all....
And then they released the phone I've been expecting for months... FUCKING 69KKKKKKKKKKKKK something that shouldn't cost 20k compared to XIAOMI phones....
Then...I turned fully into XIAOMI Phones...then it was already @400+ pages.....

More loading... Currently using the least XIAOMI Phone..4a..and the experience is heavenly..I do Feel like crying sometimes
go and tell them this story in your village not here on NL
Re: I Declare Xiaomi Over Tecno And Other Infinix Product by MizMyColi(f): 12:32pm On Apr 22, 2017
Obviously this is tripping me. I'd be tempted to just dive in and buy for MYSELF, but PERSONALLY, I hardly take such risk. I'll rather buy this my tecno Camon Cx for double the price and be relaxed than buying it for half the price from God knows where and be worried about when it will land and if it decides to spoil who to meet to repair it.
I will take Xiaomi serious if it establishes in Nigeria.

7 Likes

Re: I Declare Xiaomi Over Tecno And Other Infinix Product by MizMyColi(f): 12:38pm On Apr 22, 2017
Re: I Declare Xiaomi Over Tecno And Other Infinix Product by Nobody: 12:38pm On Apr 22, 2017
Okay..let me continue...
I really wanna go for the Note4x going for 149$ but because of the 100% limit I opted for for 4a because of the 100$ monthly -Gtb- limit...
Sir.. funding the acct was a sort of issue..the payment policy on aliexpress is Strict to prevent fraudulent activities...
But I later Was able to fund acct andorder for the phone...
Seriously...ALIEXPRESS CUSTOMER CARE SERVICE IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!..the way their customer care was replying me was damn to sweet and fast!!! Within 1sec..and to the seller..mhen..Na 1 to 1 chat
And within 3weeks...my package was delivered to me..and not until I confirmed the order I received was in good condition before Aliexpress released money to the seller

I am using a 89$ phone but If TECNO was to sell this phone..it might go for 50k +
I now hardly use my l8+ and more now more of Xiaomi..the phone does virtually everything
The camera has AGE AND GENDER DETECTOR

I would have upload some pictures..but Nay
I have 2 orders.a case and an earpiece..the case is already at the post office ...

I...finally turned fully into Aliexpressite
I bough this phone for 26k on Xiaomi...Jumia sold it 58k
Earpiece for 600..Jumia sold it for 5k+
And to all TECNO marketers on this NL....you're the reason why Nigeria won't progress!!! You're happy marketing something you yourself know doesn't worth the price!!!
What happened to the days good TECNOs were sold below 20k and their parts available everywhere..but now.. Expensive phones without parts
I'm a Funaabite..and I've started Xiaomi and Aliexpress campaign on campus..and my friends couldn't believe their eyes when they saw how cheap stuffs are on ALIEXPRESS

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Declare Xiaomi Over Tecno And Other Infinix Product by Nobody: 12:42pm On Apr 22, 2017
MrSavage:
go and tell them this story in your village not here on NL
I am already telling them!!

25 Likes

Re: I Declare Xiaomi Over Tecno And Other Infinix Product by Nobody: 12:47pm On Apr 22, 2017
MizMyColi:
TECNO we get service centre for naija...Dem dey function?..
I gat one L3 lying lifeless at home because the power button couldn't be found ...even the Carl care no get
My l8 nko? The power button don fly commot..where the part dey?
Carl care or no CArlcare...make product good e no go require CArlcare...
Funniest thing be say.. you can contact the seller anytime if it develops any fault..
Mind you ...Updates do roll out regularly to Fix bugs..if there is any.....so what are you saying miss?

11 Likes

Re: I Declare Xiaomi Over Tecno And Other Infinix Product by MizMyColi(f): 12:56pm On Apr 22, 2017
ennyhola:

TECNO we get service centre for naija...Dem dey function?..
I gat one L3 lying lifeless at home because the power button couldn't be found ...even the Carl care no get
My l8 nko? The power button don fly commot..where the part dey?
Carl care or no CArlcare...make product good e no go require CArlcare...
Funniest thing be say.. you can contact the seller anytime if it develops any fault..
Mind you ...Updates do roll out regularly to Fix bugs..if there is any.....so what are you saying miss?

You don't know this.
You make it sound like Xiaomi never has issues.
They do too. Even on your thread, I see some of you with complaints.

A quick Google Search will reveal that too.

Tecno phones seem expensive for two reasons.
1. Increase in cost of doing biz
2. Local and international advertising.

People get solutions from carlcare, especially if you show evidence of a warrantied device.

Even if you contact the seller, what can he do?
Send spare parts?
So you have to wait again for weeks.
What if the parts he sends is defective? You wait again.
Not cool.

Samsung is in Nigeria and their phones are even more expensive. Why isn't anyone saying anything?

In this same Nigeria, someone buys coke for 500.
You and I buy it for 100. The difference is value added bro.

I will take Xiaomi serious when I see them operating full fledgedly in Nigeria.

It's my choice bro.
I hope y'all can respect that.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Declare Xiaomi Over Tecno And Other Infinix Product by MizMyColi(f): 12:57pm On Apr 22, 2017
Carlcaresophia, your brand is under criticism for bad performance.

Can you share success stories with us.

1 Like

Re: I Declare Xiaomi Over Tecno And Other Infinix Product by NCP: 1:00pm On Apr 22, 2017
Behankey:
Where did u buy your Xaiomi phone? And do they have service centres in Nigeria?

The hopeless Carlcare Centres have done more damage than provide care.

5 Likes

Re: I Declare Xiaomi Over Tecno And Other Infinix Product by Nobody: 1:14pm On Apr 22, 2017
MizMyColi:

You don't know this.

People get solutions from carlcare, especially if you show evidence of a warrantied device.

Send spare parts?
Not cool.

Samsung is in Nigeria and their phones are even more expensive. Why isn't anyone saying anything?

It's my choice bro.
If I hear say TECNO dey repair based on warranty...
Sister..I can't talk the abou the minor issues TECNOs developed..I just overlooked it
If this Xiaomi develop faults...if it ever..I will gladly buy another
Planning on selling my L8soon and Xiaomi 4A to get A bigger XIAOMI

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Declare Xiaomi Over Tecno And Other Infinix Product by Nobody: 1:16pm On Apr 22, 2017
MizMyColi:
Carlcaresophia, your brand is under criticism for bad performance.

Can you share success stories with us.
..then gladly prove me wrong...tell me where to send my L3 and L8 plus or where I can get the part replaced in Abeokuta
I'm done with TECNO....forever...
Imagine!! 2gig Ram for 69k...are they mad!!!
The least XIAOMI XIAOMI has 2gig ram and it goes for 26
The least Xiaomi has 13mp....what are you saying
In terms of spec.. XIAOMI beats TECNO hands down

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Declare Xiaomi Over Tecno And Other Infinix Product by MizMyColi(f): 1:17pm On Apr 22, 2017
ennyhola:

If I hear say TECNO dey repair based on warranty...
Sister..I can't talk the minor issues
My TECNOs developed..I just overlooked it
If this Xiaomi develop faults...if it ever..I will gladly buy another
Planning on selling my L8soon and Xiaomi 4A to get A bigger XIAOMI

Gooduck with that.
Re: I Declare Xiaomi Over Tecno And Other Infinix Product by MizMyColi(f): 1:19pm On Apr 22, 2017
ennyhola:

..then gladly prove me wrong...tell me where to send my L3 and L8 plus or where I can get the part replaced in Abeokuta

Not all of us are mad about specs.
Like I said, it's a matter of choice.
Performance wise, since I became a fangirl, I have no complaint.
Save for camon c7 that lagged. Even xiaomi lags too.

I repeat, it is your choice to wait for a cheaper phone.
For now, I can't. Time is money. It's that simple bro.
Re: I Declare Xiaomi Over Tecno And Other Infinix Product by Nobody: 1:21pm On Apr 22, 2017
MizMyColi:

Lol..I love 2 things about my L8...the camera and the ba3...others Na "just there"
..the phone lag alot...maybe due to my heavy job sha

1 Like

Re: I Declare Xiaomi Over Tecno And Other Infinix Product by Nobody: 1:22pm On Apr 22, 2017
I WILL GO BACK TO TECNO IF THEY CAN BE CONSIDERATE WITG THEIR PRICE...AND THEY SHOULD STOP SKINNING OUR MONEY OUT
Re: I Declare Xiaomi Over Tecno And Other Infinix Product by MizMyColi(f): 1:23pm On Apr 22, 2017
ennyhola:

69k is damn expensive, but it's that way for every other product and commodity in the Nigerian market.

Redmi 4a sells above 33k in Xiaomi store. Not 26k and it's a 2GB RAM.

A higher processor count and speed is better than all the RAMs put together.
Re: I Declare Xiaomi Over Tecno And Other Infinix Product by Mckandre(m): 1:24pm On Apr 22, 2017
MizMyColi:

where have u seen xiaomi lag b4? Which phone re u using again

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Declare Xiaomi Over Tecno And Other Infinix Product by Tallesty1(m): 1:25pm On Apr 22, 2017
MizMyColi:

You don't know this.

Are you then saying that we should understand them and bear with them, and continue to patronize them when there are numerous better alternatives?

Is that not brainwashing?

MizMyColi:

I took my infinix to carlcare to change the earpiece and they told me to bring 20k+ because the panel is faulty.

I returned with the phone and replaced the earpiece with the one I removed from Galaxy Note and it worked perfectly.

Most people there are clueless.

Assuming I was a novice, I would have spent 20k for something that I could change with 1.5k.

And yes, the reason I even considered them was because it was still under warranty and I didn't want to be the first to unscrew it because it will void the warranty.
MizMyColi:

Send spare parts?
Not cool.

Sellers don't send spare parts, if the phone is still under warranty then you return it to them and they will fix it and return it back to you.

You pay for shipping.

Many of them are clueless as the guys at carlcare .

MizMyColi:

First, you don't see Samsung create threads upon threads on here to promote their products.

Many people recommend Xiaomi over Samsung, go to reputable blogs and see what they say about the newly released MI 6.

They say it's IPhone 7 and Galaxy S7 combined at the half the price of the two phones and that's true.

MizMyColi:

Which value exactly does Tecno add? Their OS is just there, their carlcare isn't nothing to write home about.

Which value please?

MizMyColi:

It's my choice bro.
Nobody is asking you to take xiaomi serious but just admit that they produce better phones than tecno at affordable price.

On your free day, please visit the office of a phone technician to see the number of phones from infinix tecno and Itel on their table even though the brands are operating full fledgely in Nigeria.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Declare Xiaomi Over Tecno And Other Infinix Product by MizMyColi(f): 1:28pm On Apr 22, 2017
ennyhola:

Lol..I love 2 things about my L8...the camera and the ba3...others Na "just there"
..the phone lag alot...maybe due to my heavy job sha

Now you are saying something I can relate to.

My LG G3 lags too.
But when it does, I know I am over using it. So I just leave it be.

I wanted swearing but no need.
Maybe bcoz its new, but this cx is not giving me issues. I'm enjoying it. That does not mean I have not noticed some faults. But which smartphone is perfect self?
Re: I Declare Xiaomi Over Tecno And Other Infinix Product by Nobody: 1:35pm On Apr 22, 2017
MizMyColi:

69k is damn expensive, but it's that way for every other product and commodity in the Nigerian market.

Redmi 4a sells above 33k in Xiaomi store. Not 26k and it's a 2GB RAM.

A higher processor count and speed is better than all the RAMs put together.
Check my screenshot for the amount I bought mine

..I just wanna enlighten..everybody.....before you kill yourself buying a TECNO phones..just know this"some phones are selling cheaper and are doing better"

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Declare Xiaomi Over Tecno And Other Infinix Product by GrandMufti: 1:38pm On Apr 22, 2017
ennyhola:

Check my screenshot for the amount I bought mine

..I just wanna enlighten..everybody.....before you kill yourself buying a TECNO phones..just know this"some phones are selling cheaper and are doing better"

Enough said! cheesy

1 Like

Re: I Declare Xiaomi Over Tecno And Other Infinix Product by itiswellandwell: 1:53pm On Apr 22, 2017
You made a good choice bro.

Wanted going for gionee M5 mini before but I will go for this xiaomi redmi 4a. Not because of anything but the 13mp camera. Gionee M5 mini is 8mp which cost 47k.

Thanks for this thread bro. Really appreciate.

9 Likes

Re: I Declare Xiaomi Over Tecno And Other Infinix Product by Mckandre(m): 2:00pm On Apr 22, 2017
MizMyColi:

Now you are saying something I can relate to.

My LG G3 lags too.
But when it does, I know I am over using it. So I just leave it be.

I wanted swearing but no need.
Maybe bcoz its new, but this cx is not giving me issues. I'm enjoying it. That does not mean I have not noticed some faults. But which smartphone is perfect self?
keep telling ya sef that, tecno are on their own undecided while other OEM are working hard to better their firmwares and hardwares to perfect their devices. Tell me why its should be a norm and standard for tecno phones to be lagging? Without any improvements or whatsoever just the regular scraps they dish out monthly. Even their flagship phantom 6lplus lags unbearably.

4 Likes

Re: I Declare Xiaomi Over Tecno And Other Infinix Product by gidieberry(m): 2:13pm On Apr 22, 2017
ennyhola:
Okay..let me continue...
I really wanna go for the Note4x going for 149$ but because of the 100% limit I opted for for 4a because of the 100$ monthly -Gtb- limit...
Sir.. funding the acct was a sort of issue..the payment policy on aliexpress is Strict to prevent fraudulent activities...
But I later Was able to fund acct andorder for the phone...
Seriously...ALIEXPRESS CUSTOMER CARE SERVICE IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!..the way their customer care was replying me was damn to sweet and fast!!! Within 1sec..and to the seller..mhen..Na 1 to 1 chat
And within 3weeks...my package was delivered to me..and not until I confirmed the order I received was in good condition before Aliexpress released money to the seller

I am using a 89$ phone but If TECNO was to sell this phone..it might go for 50k +
I now hardly use my l8+ and more now more of Xiaomi..the phone does virtually everything
The camera has AGE AND GENDER DETECTOR

I would have upload some pictures..but Nay
I have 2 orders.a case and an earpiece..the case is already at the post office ...

I...finally turned fully into Aliexpressite
I bough this phone for 26k on Xiaomi...Jumia sold it 58k
Earpiece for 600..Jumia sold it for 5k+
And to all TECNO marketers on this NL....you're the reason why Nigeria won't progress!!! You're happy marketing something you yourself know doesn't worth the price!!!
What happened to the days good TECNOs were sold below 20k and their parts available everywhere..but now.. Expensive phones without parts
I'm a Funaabite..and I've started Xiaomi and Aliexpress campaign on campus..and my friends couldn't believe their eyes when they saw how cheap stuffs are on ALIEXPRESS
like cwiosly, a funnabite...wic departmnnt n level. i am 500L Agad studnt, abeg make we connect joor...gbayi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pantami Orders Deactivation Of Automatic Voicemails On Existing Phone Lines / Unbrick your tecno f7 now / !!yes!!! How To Play Multiplayer On Ppsspp Using Pes 2016 **picz** **hot**

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.