Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,489 members, 7,819,774 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:00 PM

9jahiphop Awards-RAP & RNB ALBUMS OF THE YEAR - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / 9jahiphop Awards-RAP & RNB ALBUMS OF THE YEAR (1281 Views)

The 10 Best Nigerian Albums Of 2015 / Most Highly Anticipated Albums Of 2016 / Your Top 5 Nigerian Albums Of All Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

9jahiphop Awards-RAP & RNB ALBUMS OF THE YEAR by julian21(f): 2:09pm On Jan 04, 2010
Re: 9jahiphop Awards-RAP & RNB ALBUMS OF THE YEAR by julian21(f): 2:33pm On Jan 06, 2010
NOMINEES
BEST RAP SONG BY DUO OR GROUP
Too fine-Kel/Alaye/May D
Sample-Terry da rapman/Pherowshuz/Stereoman
Da finest-Knighthouse/Sauce kid/Teeto
Make doe-Da grin/dark poet

Da grin & Dark poet's make doe - Emi ni best,sugbon efe fun mi ni crown, okay let's not get carried away, we don't have to go over the lyrics again to convince ourselves that these cats were on point on this one.

Terry da rapman & Pherowshuz's sample - Now this is what i am talking about, I always knew someone was going to sample stereoman one day but i never knew it was going to be 2 of naija's finest lyricists. With the way Terry & Pherowshuz went in on this one it was clear to see why dem boys were not smiling. when you deliver lines like these dudes do, it is going to be quite difficult to be smiling at the same time.

Knighthouse's da finest - There is only one word with which this song can be described "respect". In the nearest future, this song will be remembered as the turning point in the careers of Teeto,Sauce kid & Mo cheddah. This is a song that puts the fear of God in you, when you listen to this song, the first thing that comes to your mind is who are these people & where are they headed. With cats like these the future of naija hip hop looks pretty bright.

Kel & Alaye's too fine - The first thing that makes this song really really nice is the beat. At this point in time, i believe that TY mix is hands down the best producer in Nigeria (sorry Don jazzy). How do you produce a song and have people start thinking it was produced by Irv gotti? That is a question only TY mix can answer. Kel & Alaye also didn't disappoint as their verses were sick and may d's hook was tight.

And the winner is,

KNIGHTHOUSE FT SAUCE KID,MO CHEDDAH & TEETO - DA FINEST

Honorable mentions
2 shotz & MI's make some noise
Knighthouse,Kel,Eldee & Othello's Ijinle pam pam
Kel & Illbliss's die hustling
Cartiair,Da Grin,Eva,Terry da Rapman & Gino's Owo ati swagger (remix)
Re: 9jahiphop Awards-RAP & RNB ALBUMS OF THE YEAR by ofokaofoki: 2:53pm On Jan 06, 2010
julian this is the first dull post u have brought, ur write ups are usually berra than this.
Re: 9jahiphop Awards-RAP & RNB ALBUMS OF THE YEAR by julian21(f): 2:58pm On Jan 06, 2010
everyday is not christmas
Re: 9jahiphop Awards-RAP & RNB ALBUMS OF THE YEAR by nacom2(f): 3:06pm On Jan 06, 2010
julian 21:

NOMINEES
BEST RAP SONG BY DUO OR GROUP
Too fine-Kel/Alaye/May D
Sample-Terry da rapman/Pherowshuz/Stereoman
Da finest-Knighthouse/Sauce kid/Teeto
Make doe-Da grin/dark poet

Da grin & Dark poet's make doe - Emi ni best,sugbon efe fun mi ni crown, okay let's not get carried away, we don't have to go over the lyrics again to convince ourselves that these cats were on point on this one.

Terry da rapman & Pherowshuz's sample - Now this is what i am talking about, I always knew someone was going to sample stereoman one day but i never knew it was going to be 2 of naija's finest lyricists. With the way Terry & Pherowshuz went in on this one it was clear to see why dem boys were not smiling. when you deliver lines like these dudes do, it is going to be quite difficult to be smiling at the same time.

Knighthouse's da finest - There is only one word with which this song can be described "respect". In the nearest future, this song will be remembered as the turning point in the careers of Teeto,Sauce kid & Mo cheddah. This is a song that puts the fear of God in you, when you listen to this song, the first thing that comes to your mind is who are these people & where are they headed. With cats like these the future of naija hip hop looks pretty bright.

Kel & Alaye's too fine - The first thing that makes this song really really nice is the beat. At this point in time, i believe that TY mix is hands down the best producer in Nigeria (sorry Don jazzy). How do you produce a song and have people start thinking it was produced by Irv gotti? That is a question only TY mix can answer. Kel & Alaye also didn't disappoint as their verses were sick and may d's hook was tight.

Nice right up in my own opinion,However areas where i disagree is that of your winner :
Terry da rapman & Pherowshuz's sample is the best amongst the list julian. However lets wait and see. And one more think Ty Mix indeed is a good producer considering what he did for Naeto C's Kini Big Deal and Darey's Style na Style. But i believe that Cohbams Asuquo is still a better producer and arranger. wink
Re: 9jahiphop Awards-RAP & RNB ALBUMS OF THE YEAR by julian21(f): 6:27pm On Jan 07, 2010
http://9jahiphop..com/2010/01/best-collabo.html

NOMINEES
BEST COLLABO
You bad-Wande coal/D banj
Big boy-Eldee/Olu maintain/Banky W/Oladele
In love with an angel-Dat nigga raw/TJ
Aiye po gan-Illbliss/Terry G

Eldee's big boy - This is a song that reeks of class, style & finesse. Naija's own version of swagger like us. When 4 of naija's finest artists combine, what else do you get if not a hit. Bragging about wealth and success has never sounded this good before. Although most peeps will argue that Eldee sold out on this one but it is pretty difficult to hate on this song.

Dat nigga raw & TJ's in love with an angel - This song should have been called from abia with love (just kidding), dat nigga raw showed a lot of versatility and experience on this one as he successfully finds the middle ground between keeping it real and going commercial. Truth be told, he would never have succeeded without the vocal backing of TJ.

Wande coal & D'banj's you bad - Just when we were thinking that Wande couldn’t come out with something better than his first 2 singles, he dropped this banger and showed the doubters just how serious he was of taking over the charts & airwaves. The only song that will make any good girl want to go bad.

Illbliss & Terry G’s aiye po gan – We don’t even have enough space to talk about just how good this song is. This was Terry G before he started gingahing his swagger & freed madness, Dat ibo boy finally succeeded in conquering the west with this one. The thorobreds will definitely learn something about mass appeal by following in his footsteps.

And the winner is……,

ELDEE FT OLU MAINTAIN/BANKY W/OLADELE – BIG BOY

Honorable mentions
-K solo,Lord of ajasa,Da grin,LKT & Konga’s salo
-Jamix,9ice,MI & Terry G’s omo naija
Re: 9jahiphop Awards-RAP & RNB ALBUMS OF THE YEAR by julian21(f): 3:03pm On Jan 08, 2010
http://9jahiphop..com/2010/01/r-song-of-year.html

NOMINEES
R&B SONG OF THE YEAR
Taboo-Wande coal
I am in love-Faze
Not the girl-Dare art alade
Yori yori-Bracket

Wande coal’s taboo – Another testament to the success of WC’s debut album “mushin 2 mohits”, “Taboo” which happened to be the second single off the debut album had us all thinking there was nothing wande couldn’t do.

Faze’s I am in love – For those who thought that the former plantashun boy had lost his mojo and couldn’t come up with another soulful & melodic tune. This song totally proved them wrong and made everyone realize that he still had a lot to offer. It is when faze gets in this full R&B mode that people start comparing him with Tuface.

Dare art alade’s not the girl – One thing about Darey is that he will never compromise on quality and he can never stop making good old R&B, 2009 was supposed to be his breakout year but the competition was really stiff with the likes of WC & Bracket, but that won’t stop this cobhams penned hit from going down as one of the best R&B songs ever made in Nigeria.

Bracket’s yori yori – Underneath the silly name of this group lies pure talent, Bracket totally ruled the airwaves and the charts in 2009. There is no place in Nigeria where this song has not been heard over and over again. In the nearest future when people are talking about the greatest hits of naija, “yori yori” will either be at the top or very close to it.

And the winner is……,

BRACKET – YORI YORI

Honorable mentions
-Azeezat’s Ife
-Essence’s Kalangolo
-Banky W’s Strong ting
Re: 9jahiphop Awards-RAP & RNB ALBUMS OF THE YEAR by tosinaded(m): 5:26pm On Jan 08, 2010
best r&b goes to bracket shocked ure a joke i swear!!
u av always been a joke grin cheesy grin
SCAM angry
Re: 9jahiphop Awards-RAP & RNB ALBUMS OF THE YEAR by Genuflect(m): 6:51pm On Jan 08, 2010
Lmaooo
Re: 9jahiphop Awards-RAP & RNB ALBUMS OF THE YEAR by funkybaby(f): 2:26pm On Jan 09, 2010
tosinaded@:

best r&b goes to bracket shocked ure a joke i swear!!
u av always been a joke grin cheesy grin
SCAM angry

big scam angry
yori yori shocked yuck !

what happened to wande coal's 'taboo' and banky w's 'strong thing' undecided
Re: 9jahiphop Awards-RAP & RNB ALBUMS OF THE YEAR by mbulela: 4:47pm On Jan 09, 2010
julian,
you don fall my hand.
Re: 9jahiphop Awards-RAP & RNB ALBUMS OF THE YEAR by ayx: 4:52pm On Jan 09, 2010
@ julian 21
thanks

@Everyone else
While you are at it,check this out,

http://9jahiphop..com/2010/01/rap-song-of-year.html
Re: 9jahiphop Awards-RAP & RNB ALBUMS OF THE YEAR by Genuflect(m): 5:41pm On Jan 09, 2010
Dude, Safe wasn't a freestyle
Re: 9jahiphop Awards-RAP & RNB ALBUMS OF THE YEAR by julian21(f): 7:56pm On Jan 12, 2010
Re: 9jahiphop Awards-RAP & RNB ALBUMS OF THE YEAR by julian21(f): 7:58pm On Jan 12, 2010
ayx:

@ julian 21
thanks

@Everyone else
While you are at it,check this out,

http://9jahiphop..com/2010/01/rap-song-of-year.html

IS THAT BLOG ACTUALLY YOURS?
Re: 9jahiphop Awards-RAP & RNB ALBUMS OF THE YEAR by Genuflect(m): 8:40pm On Jan 12, 2010
How can the club banger of the year be 4Kasibe? Did this guy even go to the clubs at all?
Re: 9jahiphop Awards-RAP & RNB ALBUMS OF THE YEAR by waleski(m): 12:05am On Jan 14, 2010
funkybaby:

big scam angry
yori yori shocked yuck !

what happened to wande coal's 'taboo' and banky w's 'strong thing' undecided
word nice write up
Re: 9jahiphop Awards-RAP & RNB ALBUMS OF THE YEAR by julian21(f): 12:40pm On Jan 19, 2010
In your own opinion who should win the rap album of the year?

(1) (Reply)

Wizboyy Feat. 9ice – Owu Sa Gi- Best New Collabo / Konga Ft. Da Grin & Remi Aluko – Kaba Kaba [video] / Do We Have Songwriters In 9ja?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.