Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,969 members, 7,814,282 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

I Can Never Denigrate My People, Says Adewale, Ekiti PDP Guber Aspirant - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Can Never Denigrate My People, Says Adewale, Ekiti PDP Guber Aspirant (527 Views)

Saraki Is In Trouble, If Anything Happens To These People Says Kwara Group / Ekiti PDP Reps React To ‘sack’ Of Fayose As State Leader / Ekiti PDP Aspirants Vandalize Secretariat, Reject Imposition By Fayose (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Can Never Denigrate My People, Says Adewale, Ekiti PDP Guber Aspirant by Penaldo: 7:09pm On Apr 22, 2017
A leading governorship aspirant on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Ekiti State, Otunba Segun Adewale has disclaimed a disparaging comment made against the people of the state on Twitter.

Mr. Adewale, who disowned the Twitter handle through which the comments were made, alerted the people of the state that “some frustrated and disgruntled politicians who are intimidated” by his joining the governorship race, were behind the plot to clash him with the people.

The PDP chieftain made the rebuttal in a statement signed by the Director General of his foundation, ‘Otunba Segun Adewale Foundation (OSAF)’, Prince ‘Tosin Jegede, on Saturday.

Mr. Jegede, who maintained that the Twitter handle used in passing the denigrating remarks didn’t belong to Mr. Adewale, went further to release details of the social medias profile of the PDP’s stalwart to establish his points.

“We wish to state categorically that the said handle is not Otunba Segun Adewale’s personal Twitter handle. For the avoidance of doubt, Otunba Segun Adewale’s personal Twitter handle is @segunaeroland and Facebook account is “Segun Adewale”, accounts he has operated for over 5 years,” the statement noted.

He portrayed the governorship hopeful of holding the people of Ekiti in high regards and “As a cultured thorough bread Ekiti himself, he would not have spoken or written in any manner that may undermine or denigrate his own people.”

“His records as a young lad at Ipoti High School clearly shows his level headedness and an ‘omoluabi’ at its best,” he added.

Mr. Jegede recalled how respected “Nigerians like former President Olusegun Obasanjo, former President Goodluck Jonathan and several others have accounts created with their names on the social media by individuals not known to them.

“In fact, Baba Obasanjo once said he doesn’t operate a single personal account on Facebook or Twitter, yet many are there bearing his name.”

He, however, described as mischievous and desperate attempts by some people to hold Mr. Adewale responsible for comments he didn’t make, reiterating the vision of him (Adewale) to fight poverty in Ekiti.

“Efforts attempting to hold Otunba Segun Adewale responsible for comments made by some individuals exchanging banter with sponsored agents of Governor Ayodele Fayose on Twitter is not only mischievous but a clear demonstration of desperation by those uncomfortable with Adewale’s vision to fight poverty in Ekiti,” he said.

“Their interest is to enrich a few while the larger majority depend on handouts from the rich few.

“The time to eradicate poverty in Ekiti is now. The wealth belongs to all. Support Otunba Segun Adewale in his aspiration to turn our knowledge into wealth,” Mr. Jegede charged.

culled from PALMCHAT

Re: I Can Never Denigrate My People, Says Adewale, Ekiti PDP Guber Aspirant by Penaldo: 7:11pm On Apr 22, 2017
It appears like this man really mean business
Re: I Can Never Denigrate My People, Says Adewale, Ekiti PDP Guber Aspirant by Penaldo: 7:12pm On Apr 22, 2017
Lalasticlala
Re: I Can Never Denigrate My People, Says Adewale, Ekiti PDP Guber Aspirant by adabatutu18: 7:18pm On Apr 22, 2017
I think he does mean business with this Ekiti dream.
Re: I Can Never Denigrate My People, Says Adewale, Ekiti PDP Guber Aspirant by ibibiofirstlady(f): 7:20pm On Apr 22, 2017
adabatutu18:
I think he does mean business with this Ekiti dream.
So Fayose will no longer be governor?
Re: I Can Never Denigrate My People, Says Adewale, Ekiti PDP Guber Aspirant by EKITI001: 7:47pm On Apr 22, 2017
Adewale shud relax.. Ekiti is not lagos

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Media Are The Reason Nigerian Governments Fail / IGP Plotting To Kill Me, Raids My Abuja Home - Wike / Is Jonathan A Father Of Democracy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.