Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,658 members, 7,809,490 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:29 AM

Is There A Demand For Brick Houses In Nigeria? - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Is There A Demand For Brick Houses In Nigeria? (21040 Views)

Flooded Houses In Ogbunabali, Port-Hacourt: Residents Removing Flood / WANTED: Brick Sellers Or Recommendations For Brick/block Suppliers In Lagos / BRICKS,BRICK,BRICK TILES,BURNT BRICKS,RED BRICKS,FOR SALE IN NIGERIA. ✯✯✯✯✯ ☸☸ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There A Demand For Brick Houses In Nigeria? by MOSICATED5(m): 11:56am On Apr 26, 2017
obongitiad:

Thank you very much. How much do you sell your bricks? Are they interlockable bricks?

We are looking at building in Port Harcourt, Uyo and Lagos.
pls how can I apply to ur company?
Re: Is There A Demand For Brick Houses In Nigeria? by laudate: 12:21pm On Apr 26, 2017
airsaylongcon:
Given the affordable cost, why aren't houses in Lekki for example built with baked bricks?

Lekki is basically a sandy area without laterite or clay, or any of the raw materials needed for making bricks. You also need to construct a raft foundation with concrete before you can start building. However, there is an estate known as Amen estate near Eleko in Ibeju lekki that has several houses constructed entirely of clay bricks.
Re: Is There A Demand For Brick Houses In Nigeria? by miriamchi(f): 12:59pm On Apr 26, 2017
obongitiad:

Thank you very much. How much do you sell your bricks? Are they interlockable bricks?

We are looking at building in Port Harcourt, Uyo and Lagos.
Our company also sells bricks and we are located in Port Harcourt.. So we can handle the supply for your Port Harcourt and Uyo housing units if a fair understanding is reached on the pricing terms.WhatsApp me on 07064921509 if interested.
Re: Is There A Demand For Brick Houses In Nigeria? by biz9ja(m): 1:02pm On Apr 26, 2017
I will appreciate it if the cost of building with red bricks is analysed and posted here. And is it advisable to build with this brick in places like Osun state?
Re: Is There A Demand For Brick Houses In Nigeria? by biz9ja(m): 1:04pm On Apr 26, 2017
Kaellivi:
Bricks about the size of the one in the picture you posted will cost around 158 naira, you'll need about 5000 pieces.

Are you serious?
Re: Is There A Demand For Brick Houses In Nigeria? by sheunflexy(m): 1:04pm On Apr 26, 2017
laudate:

Lekki is basically a sandy area without laterite or clay, or any of the raw materials needed for making bricks. You also need to construct a raft foundation with concrete before you can start building. However, there is an estate known as Amen estate near Eleko in Ibeju lekki that has several houses constructed entirely of clay bricks.
it can also be use in lekki despite the nature of the area in as much the laying of the bricks start from German floor.
Re: Is There A Demand For Brick Houses In Nigeria? by sheunflexy(m): 1:08pm On Apr 26, 2017
biz9ja:
I will appreciate it if the cost of building with red bricks is analysed and posted here. And is it advisable to build with this brick in places like Osun state?
why not?you can use it in osun in as much you have the money,just that I won't advise you to do such if it's for an estate project.

1 Like

Re: Is There A Demand For Brick Houses In Nigeria? by ilsmiling(m): 2:10pm On Apr 26, 2017
Lego bricks are better than the type we are used to in Africa. It is cheaper to use and pocket friendly. U can use it with laterite or normal sharp sand. And becos is Lego, all mechanical & electrical installations can be carried out easily without damaging d surface unlike the bricks we are used to. Bricks are a lot cheaper than building with concrete blocks. Its also eco friendly. Pls google legobl bricks for building for more info.
Re: Is There A Demand For Brick Houses In Nigeria? by Alasi20(m): 2:52pm On Apr 26, 2017
Learning
Re: Is There A Demand For Brick Houses In Nigeria? by drdre51(m): 3:12pm On Apr 26, 2017
ARE THESE BRICKED HOUSES IN NIGERIA STRONG ENOUGH TO RESIST HEAVY OUT POUR OF RAIN OR FLOODS? OTHERWISE IT IS OF NO USE. THATS MY TAKE ON IT. ONE MORE, IT HAS TO BE REASONABLY CHEAPER.
Re: Is There A Demand For Brick Houses In Nigeria? by ifyalways(f): 3:24pm On Apr 26, 2017
Kaellivi:
https://www.nairaland.com/3440300/affordable-red-clay-bricks-100
Seen. Not sure I really like them. Those are fired clays?
Lemme check if i have a picture of the bricks i got in Ghana.

Are fired clays different from baked clays? What I got in Ghana were baked clays undecided
Re: Is There A Demand For Brick Houses In Nigeria? by tasalanoni(m): 3:55pm On Apr 26, 2017
I'm not a pro but from the much I know about about red brick blocks they don't have the best thermal properties suitable for shelter in the tropics when baked to dryness since they have a very low heat capacity making them poor insulators of heat. Again brick blocks don't make for dynamism as our preferences and taste do change over time hence introducing new fittings in line with current trends and taste can prove to be somewhat difficult. Another controversial side of building with bricks is aesthetics. while some will argue that bricks bring superior aesthetics functions to buildings. I have a different opinion stemming from how homogeneous and plain structures built exclusively with bricks tend to appear. They leave us with a limited choice of wall finishing. On the pro side bricks have been shown to have superior strength when compared with cement blocks although this is a function of the moisture content of the brick. The lower the moisture content, the greater the strength and the lower its heat capacity, increasing its ability to retain heat which is undesirable in the tropics. Research efforts should then be directed towards the thermal and aesthetic implications of building structures with bricks. I strongly believe that building materials are distributed throughout the world by nature on the basis of geography of each part of the world. That deposits of the red earth material from which bricks are made occur in this part of the world is not some chance event and this necessitates that we take the responsibility of tailoring our shelter in line with our climate.
Re: Is There A Demand For Brick Houses In Nigeria? by Kaellivi(m): 4:13pm On Apr 26, 2017
forgiveness:

Please, show me a picture of a residential house built with the fired clay bricks. Thanks

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is There A Demand For Brick Houses In Nigeria? by Kaellivi(m): 4:18pm On Apr 26, 2017
tasalanoni:
I'm not a pro but from the much I know about about red brick blocks they don't have the best thermal properties suitable for shelter in the tropics when baked to dryness since they have a very low heat capacity making them poor insulators of heat. Again brick blocks don't make for dynamism as our preferences and taste do change over time hence introducing new fittings in line with current trends and taste can prove to be somewhat difficult. Another controversial side of building with bricks is aesthetics. while some will argue that bricks bring superior aesthetics functions to buildings. I have a different opinion stemming from how homogeneous and plain structures built exclusively with bricks tend to appear. They leave us with a limited choice of wall finishing. On the pro side bricks have been shown to have superior strength when compared with cement blocks although this is a function of the moisture content of the brick. The lower the moisture content, the greater the strength and the lower its heat capacity, increasing its ability to retain heat which is undesirable in the tropics. Research efforts should then be directed towards the thermal and aesthetic implications of building structures with bricks. I strongly believe that building materials are distributed throughout the world by nature on the basis of geography of each part of the world. That deposits of the red earth material from which bricks are made occur in this part of the world is not some chance event and this necessitates that we take the responsibility of tailoring our shelter in line with our climate.
what kind of red bricks are you referring to please?

1 Like

Re: Is There A Demand For Brick Houses In Nigeria? by tasalanoni(m): 4:41pm On Apr 26, 2017
The regular laterite red brick
Re: Is There A Demand For Brick Houses In Nigeria? by Kaellivi(m): 5:07pm On Apr 26, 2017
tasalanoni:
The regular laterite red brick
OK
Re: Is There A Demand For Brick Houses In Nigeria? by foody(f): 8:32am On Apr 28, 2017
faceURfront:
Really? How?
That is our business. Surprise? Get in touch with us.
Re: Is There A Demand For Brick Houses In Nigeria? by mikolo80: 3:25pm On Apr 30, 2017
foody:
... This house will be more uncomfortable to live in without AC. I can help install AC that does not require the use of ELECTRICITY. Do get in touch if you decide to go on with the project.
what does it use
Re: Is There A Demand For Brick Houses In Nigeria? by obongitiad(m): 11:22am On May 19, 2017
[quote author=Kaellivi post=55940594][/quote]
Where did you guys get the clay to mould all these bricks?
Re: Is There A Demand For Brick Houses In Nigeria? by Diana78: 4:49pm On Dec 25, 2017
(In order to build a cheaper, stronger and the same kind of house, just simply use burnt bricks instead of concrete blocks).

You will use bricks for the entire construction and later on plaster and put all your necessary wiring construction - you are simply just replacing "Block" with "Burnt Bricks". The best supplier for burnt bricks in Nigeria is a company that has its website at www.limult.com

Buy High Quality burnt bricks for building from Limult.com - they are Nigeria's no 1 online seller for Bricks and clay products.

Visit http://limult.com/product/buy-high-quality-local-burnt-bricks-l230-h125-w100-bulk-building/ to place your order.

Minimum order quantity is 4000 pieces.

Burnt bricks are the cheaper and stronger to use in constructing a building. Your building will last forever. The oldest house in the world today is still standing because it was built with burnt bricks.

My mother-in-law used burnt bricks for the laying of the foundation of her school because she said that it is stronger and it is only burnt bricks that can make the building of her school to be erected like that forever. She said that using burnt bricks will prevent the building from sinking if the area has soft grounds.

More so, when you use burnt bricks to construct your entire building, you are less likely to see cracks in your walls unlike when you use cement blocks. Burnt bricks are by far stronger.

Always visit their website at www.limult.com. You can call their customer care line on 07052446249

Re: Is There A Demand For Brick Houses In Nigeria? by debbytempest: 1:20pm On Apr 05, 2018
Beautifying the type of bricks we have in Nigeria may just be the solution to the 17million deficits gab.We havr gotten to the point where the low income and mid income earners which are the vast majority will beging to think of alternative way to get cheaper but durable structure especially in Abuja.In Abuja u have millions of empty hauses on one side because its extremely expensive and on the other hand you have the vast majority looking for just a decent place to stay. If your bricks concept is durable and affordable, you may just be the solution that even the Nigerian government has been looking for

2 Likes

Re: Is There A Demand For Brick Houses In Nigeria? by laudate: 2:06pm On Apr 05, 2018
debbytempest:
Beautifying the type of bricks we have in Nigeria may just be the solution to the 17million deficits gab. We have gotten to the point where the low income and mid income earners which are the vast majority will beging to think of alternative way to get cheaper but durable structure especially in Abuja. In Abuja u have millions of empty hauses on one side because its extremely expensive, and on the other hand you have the vast majority looking for just a decent place to stay. If your bricks concept is durable and affordable, you may just be the solution that even the Nigerian government has been looking for

Exactly! You have hit the nail on the head. shocked I thought that by now, some companies would have started the mass production of stabilised laterite/mud bricks, that people can use to construct their houses. In fact such bricks should be made available everywhere, like the cement blocks or sandcrete ones. Unfortunately, till today only a few artisans can mould these laterite blocks, and use them to build houses. undecided

I hear that usage of stabilised laterite/mud bricks for building a house, can reduce construction costs by as much as 30% to 40%. cheesy If it was widely adopted, it could help to alleviate the housing shortage in Nigeria. Right now we have grossly expensive houses, with people who are unable to buy them because there is very little access to mortgage funds to purchase them. It is sad, really. sad
Re: Is There A Demand For Brick Houses In Nigeria? by Timtol(m): 10:10pm On Aug 09, 2018
4Bedroom Duplex with Pent.

Building Area: 204.60Sqm
Budget: 13M(Then your taste)
Spec:

GROUND FLOOR

Entrance,
Anteroom,
Visitor WC,
Gallery,
Large Living room,
Dining,
Kitchen,
Veranda,
Pantry,
Bedroom 1 ensuit,
Bedroom 2 ensuit,
Bedroom 3 ensuit,
Stairway.

PENT FLOOR

Mini lounge,
Gallery,
Veranda,
Master room,
T/Bath,
Walk in closet,lobby in between then.

2 Likes

Re: Is There A Demand For Brick Houses In Nigeria? by tkdrafter: 3:26pm On Aug 10, 2018
13 Million to finish right?
Timtol:
4Bedroom Duplex with Pent.

Building Area: 204.60Sqm
Budget: 13M(Then your taste)
Spec:

GROUND FLOOR

Entrance,
Anteroom,
Visitor WC,
Gallery,
Large Living room,
Dining,
Kitchen,
Veranda,
Pantry,
Bedroom 1 ensuit,
Bedroom 2 ensuit,
Bedroom 3 ensuit,
Stairway.

PENT FLOOR

Mini lounge,
Gallery,
Veranda,
Master room,
T/Bath,
Walk in closet,lobby in between then.
Re: Is There A Demand For Brick Houses In Nigeria? by Timtol(m): 7:55pm On Aug 10, 2018
tkdrafter:
Yes sir.
There are two factors that can make it higher a bit;
1.If your plot is waterlogged
2. Your personal finishing

With 13m you are good to go.
Thanks alot sir.
God's speed.
Re: Is There A Demand For Brick Houses In Nigeria? by Timtol(m): 4:16am On Aug 11, 2018
PROPOSED BEDROOM BUNGALOW
Client: Nairalander
Budget Estimate to roof level and finishing with Engineer charges and workmansip: 6m and 9.5m to the completion(painting and others)

Features;

Entrance,
Anteroom,
Visitor toilet,
Main Family Lounge,
Dining,
Kitchen,
Store/Pantry,
Terrance,
Bedroom 1 ensuit,
Bedroom 2ensuit,
Bedroom 3ensuit,
Master bedroom.

More for yours reach my line: 08100452977/whatsapp
Mail; obed.toluwase@gmail.com

Re: Is There A Demand For Brick Houses In Nigeria? by Timtol(m): 4:24am On Aug 11, 2018
Under Construction
Proposed 3Bedroom bungalow
Client: Nairalander

Spec:

Entrance,
Lobby,
Visitor's WC,
Anteroom,
Large Living room,
Dining,
Kitchen,
Veranda,
Bedroom 1 ensuit,
Bedroom 2 ensuit,
Master bedroom ensuit.
All rooms cross ventilated.

Re: Is There A Demand For Brick Houses In Nigeria? by Timtol(m): 4:26am On Aug 11, 2018
Under Construction

Re: Is There A Demand For Brick Houses In Nigeria? by Timtol(m): 12:21am On Aug 13, 2018
With 5Million budget get your bungalow erected...reach me on 08100452977(whatsapp)

1 Like

Re: Is There A Demand For Brick Houses In Nigeria? by Timtol(m): 4:01pm On Aug 15, 2018
Hello,
Do your budget seem low and your plot small and you need an affordable architectural drawings/structural/mechanical/electrical/plumbing drawings with other required files.
Bill of qauntities with supervision with your file stamped.
Message me on whatsapp 08100452977
Mail: obed.toluwase@gmail.com
Be calm and best rest assured.
Re: Is There A Demand For Brick Houses In Nigeria? by Timtol(m): 4:02pm On Aug 15, 2018
tkdrafter:
Hello,
Do your budget seem low and your plot small and you need an affordable architectural drawings/structural/mechanical/electrical/plumbing drawings with other required files.
Bill of qauntities with supervision with your file stamped.
Message me on whatsapp 08100452977
Mail: obed.toluwase@gmail.com

Be calm and best rest assured.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Mix And Measurement Of A Concrete / Buy Cheap Plots Of Land In Lagos From N500,000 And Start Building Immediately / 80-Year-Old Woman Burnt To Death As Fire Guts Building In Kwara (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.