Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:25 AM

Air Force Displays Air Defence Weapon, Test Fires Locally Made Rockets. Photos - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Air Force Displays Air Defence Weapon, Test Fires Locally Made Rockets. Photos (44768 Views)

INEC Displays Certificates Of Obaseki, Others / Oshiomhole Displays 4+0 For Obaseki (Photo) / Army Displays Weapons Made By Biafran Engineers In Owerri (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Air Force Displays Air Defence Weapon, Test Fires Locally Made Rockets. Photos by discusant: 10:58pm On Apr 22, 2017
informant001:
The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) has successfully test fired 30.1mm ground to air Inert Head Rockets locally produced by its Research and Development Team. The rockets were test fired during the Weapons Meet at Kwenev Air Range, Makurdi to commemorate the 53rd anniversary celebration of the NAF.

Also produced by the NAF R& D were the ground based rail launcher and vehicle mounted rail rocket launcher. The rocket launchers are fired through a remotely controlled firing based system. Aside from the display of air defence weapon, there was also a spectacular demonstration of weapon delivery by some of the NAF platforms.

The aircraft fired both rockets and canons with high level of precision. A total of 4 NAF aircraft participated in the weapons meet with each arriving over the range with a spacer pass at 200ft for the helicopters and 300ft for the jets. The participating aircraft included Augusta 109 LUH with backdoor gunner, L-39ZA, Alpha Jet and F-7Ni.

The exercise was aimed at sharpening the targeting skills of NAF pilots to acquire and engage targets as well as test the precision of the aircraft in hitting the targets. Four designated targets were identified and the formations attacked the targets one after the other starting with cobra, tiger and aggressor formations.

In his remarks at the occasion, the Chief of Defence Staff (CDS), General Gabriel Olonishakin felicitated with the NAF on its 53rd anniversary celebration and commended the commitment of the current NAF leadership for improving the capacity of officers and men. “Today, I am proud to declare that the NAF has lived up to expectation. This sequencing, airmanship and accurate delivery of firepower from the various platforms that participated at the Air Weapons Meet are highly commendable”.

Gen Olonishakin also disclosed that Nigeria can boast of an Air Force that can deliver appropriate air power as witnessed in the North East where the NAF air interdiction, ground attack and close air support missions played a pivotal role in the counter-terrorism/insurgency operations.

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2017/04/nigerian-air-force-test-fires-locally.html

Airforce of Nigeria's shenanegan against Boko Haram religious fighting force is mere diversionary,

Boko Haram is like Taliban - both are backed by insider Muslim Fundamentalists for country governed through Islamic sharia criminal codes.

Two years after the US and other coalitionforces left Afghanistan, Taliban fighters have reclaimed more than half of Afghanistan. Yesterday, Taliban killed more than 100 Afghan soldiers in a military barrack attack.

More than half of northern Nigeria adopted sharia criminal codes and support wide spread of use of sharia criminal codes all over Nigeria.

Only solution for Boko Haram violence is grant far northern Nigeria an Islamic Country it asked for indirectly when 12 northern states unilaterally adopted Islamic sharia criminal codes.

If not , Nigeria shall be reduced to Afghanistan or Iraq or Somalia.

1 Like

Re: Air Force Displays Air Defence Weapon, Test Fires Locally Made Rockets. Photos by EVarn(m): 11:00pm On Apr 22, 2017
limitless777:

Will corruption AGREE
Thats the problem,even if government releases money,the institutions will safely tuck it away in swiss vaults,because the system is full of political appointees,even to enter into the military is by man-know-man.

1 Like

Re: Air Force Displays Air Defence Weapon, Test Fires Locally Made Rockets. Photos by dammybabanla: 11:00pm On Apr 22, 2017
Jeffboi:
Any Nuclear weapon
Nuclear ko nucleus ni
Re: Air Force Displays Air Defence Weapon, Test Fires Locally Made Rockets. Photos by Timiblanko(m): 11:02pm On Apr 22, 2017
Do you mean Made in Nigeria rocket?
Re: Air Force Displays Air Defence Weapon, Test Fires Locally Made Rockets. Photos by Bede2u(m): 11:04pm On Apr 22, 2017
mikolo80:
you be North Korea mate in GDP? think before you talk
Actually Lagos state of just over 20 million people have a larger gdp than north korea of over 50 million. NK is really a poor but powerful country

1 Like

Re: Air Force Displays Air Defence Weapon, Test Fires Locally Made Rockets. Photos by okotv(m): 11:05pm On Apr 22, 2017
bantudra:

or trying to stick it up their assss like jonathan....
actually you can sit on it. Just open the top of the handle. Most of our instructors who are officers use the less customised ones.

2 Likes

Re: Air Force Displays Air Defence Weapon, Test Fires Locally Made Rockets. Photos by Abdul85(m): 11:05pm On Apr 22, 2017
God bless our Galante men. God bless pmb God bless Nigerian.

2 Likes

Re: Air Force Displays Air Defence Weapon, Test Fires Locally Made Rockets. Photos by okotv(m): 11:05pm On Apr 22, 2017
EVarn:
Thats the problem,even if government releases money,the institutions will safely tuck it away in swiss vaults,because the system is full of political appointees,even to enter into the military is by man-know-man.
your last statement is false

2 Likes

Re: Air Force Displays Air Defence Weapon, Test Fires Locally Made Rockets. Photos by tinkinjow: 11:06pm On Apr 22, 2017
Nigeria can b funny at times....dear me what do they do with javelins mounted on a hilux?...beats me.

*Very important - please this pictures should never leave the shores of Nigeria.
It should worryus that at a time nations are testing IBMs We are trying to replicate the feat that even Ojukwu surpassed decades ago.

7 Likes

Re: Air Force Displays Air Defence Weapon, Test Fires Locally Made Rockets. Photos by Nobody: 11:07pm On Apr 22, 2017
Smart41:
Mtcheeeew.... na this kind thing their mate dey display?.. .. Dis one sef no fit kill matured bush rat sef... lol.

This one na knockout compared to north Korea own

Una no go kill pessin with laff for this place

1 Like

Re: Air Force Displays Air Defence Weapon, Test Fires Locally Made Rockets. Photos by EVarn(m): 11:14pm On Apr 22, 2017
okotv:
your last statement is false
In case you dont know(but I suspect you do),the military DSSC/SSC programmes requires a "sponsor",without that sponsor,even if you are qualified,you cant be considered.
Military institutions like NDA and even Command are now by specific recommendation,not by merit.
Of course, I stand to be corrected with higher facts.

2 Likes

Re: Air Force Displays Air Defence Weapon, Test Fires Locally Made Rockets. Photos by gentleedu(m): 11:14pm On Apr 22, 2017
rubbish ,look at North Korea

Re: Air Force Displays Air Defence Weapon, Test Fires Locally Made Rockets. Photos by Nobody: 11:14pm On Apr 22, 2017
mikolo80:
you be North Korea mate in GDP? think before you talk

Oga thinker, what's the GDP of North Korea compared to Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Air Force Displays Air Defence Weapon, Test Fires Locally Made Rockets. Photos by okotv(m): 11:18pm On Apr 22, 2017
EVarn:
In case you dont know(but I suspect you do),the military DSSC/SSC programmes requires a "sponsor",without that sponsor,even if you are qualified,you cant be considered.
Military institutions like NDA and even Command are now by specific recommendation,not by merit.
Of course, I stand to be corrected with higher facts.
am a cadet of NDA .. Bring on something else
Re: Air Force Displays Air Defence Weapon, Test Fires Locally Made Rockets. Photos by bodyandmindspa(f): 11:23pm On Apr 22, 2017
Just speechless
Re: Air Force Displays Air Defence Weapon, Test Fires Locally Made Rockets. Photos by pemisiregold: 11:27pm On Apr 22, 2017
mtcheew this one na ant compared to Russia own grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Air Force Displays Air Defence Weapon, Test Fires Locally Made Rockets. Photos by adecz: 11:31pm On Apr 22, 2017
PeakMilkOfTexas:

Am coming let me buy us some cold drinks, just be going I will be right behind you bro grin

Itz always ladies first..
As a gentruman, i insist cool.
But, no wori,
I'm ryt behind u; I gat u covered.. grin
Re: Air Force Displays Air Defence Weapon, Test Fires Locally Made Rockets. Photos by Rosskii: 11:31pm On Apr 22, 2017
Smart41:
Mtcheeeew.... na this kind thing their mate dey display?.. .. Dis one sef no fit kill matured bush rat sef... lol.

This one na knockout compared to north Korea own

Bloody stupid dunce. Did North Korea start by launching massive weapons or did they go through various Research and Development stages on the way to their latest release? Ignorant self hating fools like you and the animals who liked your post are the people dragging us back. Every progress we make, all you can do is vomit your spiteful garbage, even though left to your own devices you could not produce a single pin from your empty dullard skull..

Stupid pig.

3 Likes

Re: Air Force Displays Air Defence Weapon, Test Fires Locally Made Rockets. Photos by EVarn(m): 11:33pm On Apr 22, 2017
okotv:
am a cadet of NDA .. Bring on something else
You were sponsored by a serving officer of rank,weren't you?
Re: Air Force Displays Air Defence Weapon, Test Fires Locally Made Rockets. Photos by Spuggie: 11:36pm On Apr 22, 2017
Seriously nations are testing nuclear weapons we are here dulling
Re: Air Force Displays Air Defence Weapon, Test Fires Locally Made Rockets. Photos by Rosskii: 11:40pm On Apr 22, 2017
Spuggie:
Seriously nations are testing nuclear weapons we are here dulling

Name the nations currently testing nuclear weapons apart from North Korea (who do have valid reasons for it).

Empty skull.

2 Likes

Re: Air Force Displays Air Defence Weapon, Test Fires Locally Made Rockets. Photos by okotv(m): 11:40pm On Apr 22, 2017
EVarn:
You were sponsored by a serving officer of rank,weren't you?
I knew no one and till now am very careful cause I still know no one. Am not alone here, we are many like that
Re: Air Force Displays Air Defence Weapon, Test Fires Locally Made Rockets. Photos by searay(m): 11:40pm On Apr 22, 2017
wapadunk:
This one wey we never fit produce "Tear Gas". grin
Tear gas simple , 3 cups of pepper, mix with em...em...em
Re: Air Force Displays Air Defence Weapon, Test Fires Locally Made Rockets. Photos by adecz: 11:41pm On Apr 22, 2017
PeakMilkOfTexas:

Am coming let me buy us some cold drinks, just be going I will be right behind you bro grin

Itz always ladies first..
And as a gentruman, i insist. wink
No wori,
i gat u covered.
Pls come & be going.
Re: Air Force Displays Air Defence Weapon, Test Fires Locally Made Rockets. Photos by EVarn(m): 11:44pm On Apr 22, 2017
okotv:
I knew no one and till now am very careful cause I still know no one. Am not alone here, we are many like that
Interestin..perhaps things are changing for the better.
I want to go for SSC after I finish uni,perhaps the need for a military sponsor would be much more relaxed by then.
Re: Air Force Displays Air Defence Weapon, Test Fires Locally Made Rockets. Photos by Spuggie: 11:44pm On Apr 22, 2017
Rosskii:

Name the nations currently testing nuclear weapons apart from North Korea (who do have valid reasons for it).

Empty skull.

If you have a better argument why not state it , pu**y

Re: Air Force Displays Air Defence Weapon, Test Fires Locally Made Rockets. Photos by dalaman: 11:45pm On Apr 22, 2017
chijioke675:
People who doubt dont win game OK
Why not call with a strong heart and give it a try OK
Call or WhatsApp the number below if interested thanks

Send money to this man at your own peril. He is a scammer.
Re: Air Force Displays Air Defence Weapon, Test Fires Locally Made Rockets. Photos by Rosskii: 11:46pm On Apr 22, 2017
Spuggie:
If you have a better argument why not state it , pu**y

What better argument? You said other nations are testing nukes. Name the nations!

Ignoramus with a big mouth.

2 Likes

Re: Air Force Displays Air Defence Weapon, Test Fires Locally Made Rockets. Photos by Spuggie: 11:53pm On Apr 22, 2017
Rosskii:

What better argument? You said other nations are testing nukes. Name the nations!

Ignoramus with a big mouth.

Am not so sure I owe you any explanation di*khead
Re: Air Force Displays Air Defence Weapon, Test Fires Locally Made Rockets. Photos by discusant: 12:02am On Apr 23, 2017
This plenty comparison here with North Korea sef:

North Korea does not acquire weapons to kill citizens of North Korea.

Nigeria acquires weapons to kill Nigeria's citizens.

North Korea trains its army to face its many foreign enemies.

Nigeria trains its army to face its citizens - like a police force. Nigeria has no foreign enemies.
Re: Air Force Displays Air Defence Weapon, Test Fires Locally Made Rockets. Photos by Vince77(m): 12:02am On Apr 23, 2017
Mantain:
I guest we can now look for north korea trouble.

Kuku kee us na.
Re: Air Force Displays Air Defence Weapon, Test Fires Locally Made Rockets. Photos by litaninja(m): 12:03am On Apr 23, 2017
With which light?

EVarn:
Its a good start,but more needs to be done in terms of funding and technology acquisition to kick-start various military R & D projects.
We should be working towards building our own indigenous tank and trainer aircraft.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lagosians Queueing At Alausa For National ID At 6am This Morning / Buhari Has Crohn’s Disease, Loses Weight & Can't Eat - Sahara Reporters / Governor Yari Buys Car For Abba Ahmad Sani Yerima Who Is Set To Wed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.